Colour Pop

Swankiss23
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Colour Pop

Post by Swankiss23 »

I bought a few super shock shadows from them a while back. Honestly they're nothing special imo and I'd rather just buy nyx/catrice shadows at ulta or something :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I just ordered two of their No Filter concealers, and got a free highlighter in High Five. I should be receiving them in the mail on Tuesday. Let's see if the concealers live up to the YouTube hype! (I'm aware that they oxidize, so I got the two lightest shades.)

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

I bought their Lumiere Lippie Stix and Pencil around the holiday season last year. They had free intl shipping, and it was the only time I could justify the purchase. I never make a large order first time and back then, it was the pot eyeshadows, pot highlighters, the liquid lips and lippie stix. They've expanded their range like crazy since.

I'm underwhelmed by the lippie and it's easier for me to access makeup in stores, so I don't think I'll be buying from CP again. I don't even like liquid lips, which is what they're best known for.

Post by Guest »

fihe wrote:I just ordered two of their No Filter concealers, and got a free highlighter in High Five. I should be receiving them in the mail on Tuesday. Let's see if the concealers live up to the YouTube hype! (I'm aware that they oxidize, so I got the two lightest shades.)
Have you tried them by now? I want to order the concealers but I am concerned about them being overhyped.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

ich wrote:
fihe wrote:I just ordered two of their No Filter concealers, and got a free highlighter in High Five. I should be receiving them in the mail on Tuesday. Let's see if the concealers live up to the YouTube hype! (I'm aware that they oxidize, so I got the two lightest shades.)
Have you tried them by now? I want to order the concealers but I am concerned about them being overhyped.
I have. I'm not sure if they don't look good under my eyes or if I'm using too much. With the applicator, it's easy to use too much, so I've tried applying just a little in the middle of my face, then blending outward. I haven't been able to get a smooth application under my eyes, either due to the sponge I use or perhaps my skin in that area being dry.

jackassgap
Talker
Talker

Post by jackassgap »

ifucsam wrote:Does anyone know if they've changed their ultra matte formula at all? I have a few of the original ones and they're SO DRYING. I bought one semi-recently and its pretty drying too. I know Lime Crime has a shady past but their formula is the best. I have a hard time paying $20+shipping though so I was hoping to use all my LC's up and switched to CP.
They definitely have. I have some older Ultra Mattes in my collection that I use for special occasions. Those feel so much nicer on the lips and they’re so comfortable. Some actually make my lips feel very soft. I actually haven’t bought from CP in a long time bc I was very disappointed with the Ultra Matte I bought last time. Half of them were too liquidy and made a mess when I tried putting them on. (It’s a shame bc I was in love with one of the shades.) The other half were very thick and caked up on my lips.

atlantic_gal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by atlantic_gal »

Colourpop to me is like getting cat fished. Their swatches look great on the arm, but when you actually use it as eyeshadow (especially the super shock shadows), they're terrible. So sheer, hard to work with, the glitters fall out is real.

Post by Guest »

atlantic_gal wrote:Colourpop to me is like getting cat fished. Their swatches look great on the arm, but when you actually use it as eyeshadow (especially the super shock shadows), they're terrible. So sheer, hard to work with, the glitters fall out is real.
I totally agree, except I feel that way more with the small palettes and wasted my money with unblendable crap, very pigmented but obviously cheap.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Yeah I'm pretty over them. There are drug store brands that have just as good colour payoff with better application and wearability.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I got a few bits from CP a while ago. My main surprise is that the ultra satin lip I got is drying as hell on me, while their ultra mattes wear just fine. Usually that would be the other way around :? The good news is that I prefer the matte shade anyway, so I can spare the satin.

I also got a highlighter in lunch money which I'm feel kinda meh about, but then I don't wear highlighter much so I'm not sure if it's just my personal lack of experience or if it's not a great product.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Pastel Rage wrote:I got a few bits from CP a while ago. My main surprise is that the ultra satin lip I got is drying as hell on me, while their ultra mattes wear just fine. Usually that would be the other way around :? The good news is that I prefer the matte shade anyway, so I can spare the satin.

I also got a highlighter in lunch money which I'm feel kinda meh about, but then I don't wear highlighter much so I'm not sure if it's just my personal lack of experience or if it's not a great product.

I have Lunch Money too and it was just okay for me. I like the color, but I didn't like the cream formula because it just felt heavy on my skin.

I placed my first CP order in nearly a year and it's been a week and it still hasn't shipped out :roll: I don't remember them being this slow last time

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

BornThisWay94 wrote:
Pastel Rage wrote:I got a few bits from CP a while ago. My main surprise is that the ultra satin lip I got is drying as hell on me, while their ultra mattes wear just fine. Usually that would be the other way around :? The good news is that I prefer the matte shade anyway, so I can spare the satin.

I have Lunch Money too and it was just okay for me. I like the color, but I didn't like the cream formula because it just felt heavy on my skin.

I placed my first CP order in nearly a year and it's been a week and it still hasn't shipped out :roll: I don't remember them being this slow last time
Glad it's not just me being useless with it :lol:

The processing time does sound odd, although I have heard people complain about this before. I think they're somewhat inconsistent in terms of shipping time, which bugs me a little even though I didn't have any issues myself.

EdwardCaple
Wallflower
Wallflower

Colour Pop

Post by EdwardCaple »

we want to get another printer at work, we wanna get an A4 colour laser as our A3 laser is a bit expensive to run, whats a good A4 colour laser that is cheap to run an does abour 5000pages per toner?

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

fihe wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am
ich wrote:
I have. I'm not sure if they don't look good under my eyes or if I'm using too much. With the applicator, it's easy to use too much, so I've tried applying just a little in the middle of my face, then blending outward. I haven't been able to get a smooth application under my eyes, either due to the sponge I use or perhaps my skin in that area being dry.
Haha I forgot about this comment of mine. I still have a little bit left of one of the two concealers I bought a while ago. Sorry, wouldn't buy them again. Not only does the applicator put on too much product for my liking, causing me to need to apply just a little and then use a brush to spread it out, then blend with a sponge, but I find that it makes dry areas of my skin, like around my mouth, look even more dry over the course of the day. I've since started using a different sponge for when I apply it under my eyes and it's helped a little, but still not that great.

I prefer the LA Girl concealers. I'm pretty pale so the Porcelain shade is good for around my eyes and the Light Ivory for the rest of my face, or I could even use Light Ivory around my eyes if I'm doing a minimal look with no foundation. Classic Ivory is quite pink so it works great as a color corrector for under my eyes, and I use the Green corrector for any red spots. In my experience, Natural is the same depth as Light Ivory but with more pink. I prefer Light Ivory but I guess Natural would work in a pinch.

Not sponsored by LA Girl btw :tu:

Oh and I still haven't opened my High Five highlighter. Time to relist it on eBay LOL

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

Maybe it's just me but I feel like they've become Brown Pop. Most of their palette releases from the past few months have had several shades of neutral, cool, and warm browns. Obviously, Bare Necessities is just a big brown palette with a few cream shades in it, but the Disney Masquerade, Truly, Deeply, Madly, Frozen II, and several other 9 pan palettes are very brown heavy.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

I love Colourpop! I live in Europe and the delivery fees are 10 dollars so I always use a discount code by a youtuber. My favorite palette is the Uh Huh Honey palette and I also own Just My LUck and Smoke Show. When the coronavirus is over I'll order the new Making Mauves palette because I don't own any of these colours.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”