Arianna "Fence-straddler" Dantone

Nope nope
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Arianna "Fence-straddler" Dantone

Post by Nope nope »

alliezee wrote:tbh, i don't really fault her if she DID want to get a different nose, no matter how body posi she is. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting a breast augmentation, botox, whatever, if it means you'll be able to love yourself more. We all have our stupid insecurities that we all know we'd change about ourselves. i'm body posi as hell but if I had the extra money to get cellulite treatments I totally would. I don't think the two are contradictory to one another.
Agreed. I think it's more honest and positive to just get your nose fixed instead of pretending you love it for the sake of some movement. Body positivity is such a tricky one anyway, because a lot of the heavily overweight "bopo warriors" wouldn't even want to welcome these fitness chicks in the movement.

katrynalalock
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by katrynalalock »

I think it's crazy how so many people think her tweets are original, when like 50% of them are knock offs of popular memes, post on Tumblr, reddit, etc. I get that not a lot of people see those sites compared to twitter but damn. I see it happen with some of the other fitspo-y twitter accounts and they go viral with shit they stole.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

What did the one that got 125k likes say?

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Nope nope wrote:
alliezee wrote:tbh, i don't really fault her if she DID want to get a different nose, no matter how body posi she is. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting a breast augmentation, botox, whatever, if it means you'll be able to love yourself more. We all have our stupid insecurities that we all know we'd change about ourselves. i'm body posi as hell but if I had the extra money to get cellulite treatments I totally would. I don't think the two are contradictory to one another.
Agreed. I think it's more honest and positive to just get your nose fixed instead of pretending you love it for the sake of some movement. Body positivity is such a tricky one anyway, because a lot of the heavily overweight "bopo warriors" wouldn't even want to welcome these fitness chicks in the movement.
I don't understand some parts of the bopo movement. Does the appreciation of an overweight body take into consideration whether the person has healthy habits or is it just celebrating the overweight body even when unhealthy? (I know it's not just celebrating overweight people but all bodies regardless of shape)
The way body positivity was presented to me was in a health at every size sort of approach. It doesn't mean that if you're morbidly obese you should continue to eat junk. It just means you should love yourself regardless of your size and not wait until you've reached a certain goal. Ideally with treating yourself well and loving yourself over time you will become healthier. Aka if you love yourself and treat your body with respect a well balanced diet should come along with that. It's a pretty wide spread community with different takes on it though, so..... The whole #gainingweightiscool doesn't sit right with me, because IMO it doesn't really promote health. A lot of the girls just love a chance to show off their previously emaciated pic, which is not helpful for anyone and on the other end girls just use it to justify their completely effed up relationship with food. Sometimes weight gain is necessary and comes with pursuing a more healthy lifestyle and self love, and sometimes weight loss comes with that. To just slap on one hashtag... meh.

jh31f
Talker
Talker

Post by jh31f »

treelee wrote:
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Nope nope wrote:
I don't understand some parts of the bopo movement. Does the appreciation of an overweight body take into consideration whether the person has healthy habits or is it just celebrating the overweight body even when unhealthy? (I know it's not just celebrating overweight people but all bodies regardless of shape)
The way body positivity was presented to me was in a health at every size sort of approach. It doesn't mean that if you're morbidly obese you should continue to eat junk. It just means you should love yourself regardless of your size and not wait until you've reached a certain goal. Ideally with treating yourself well and loving yourself over time you will become healthier. Aka if you love yourself and treat your body with respect a well balanced diet should come along with that. It's a pretty wide spread community with different takes on it though, so..... The whole #gainingweightiscool doesn't sit right with me, because IMO it doesn't really promote health. A lot of the girls just love a chance to show off their previously emaciated pic, which is not helpful for anyone and on the other end girls just use it to justify their completely effed up relationship with food. Sometimes weight gain is necessary and comes with pursuing a more healthy lifestyle and self love, and sometimes weight loss comes with that. To just slap on one hashtag... meh.
This is exactly how I interpret it

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

afk2001
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by afk2001 »

So this chick is on FGOC somewhat defending Katy Hearns tweet from a few years ago of her using the N word. And several people calling her out and she is trying to back peddle. :roll:

deenotdie
Learner
Learner

Post by deenotdie »

afk2001 wrote:So this chick is on FGOC somewhat defending Katy Hearns tweet from a few years ago of her using the N word. And several people calling her out and she is trying to back peddle. :roll:
yea not sure katy deserves being defended over this, and props to arianna for owning up to what she did but also, i think she mentions the post was from 2013 when she used the N word..... it wasnt ok then either lol, hasnt been for a while, and Id imagine she was around 18 at the time? She definintely knew better lmao ESPECIALLY knew better than to post that kind of language on sm...........

these girls seem to think that the way they act and speak ONLY matters once they gain a following, oterwise they would be free to remain shit people. i dont think morality works that way lol

ellie_williams
Debater
Debater

Post by ellie_williams »

'Tbh I just deleted a post from 2013 yesterday on my private Instagram where I said this exact word. There has been so much awareness brought to it and things have changed since then. I didn't think it was wrong in 2013 but now I see the issue with it. I'm sure they've grown as well'
'I didn't know it was wrong to say growing up and never would've known if I hadn't had social media and "met" other people and gotten their thoughts about it'

lol shut up. I like how she justified herself and didn't even bother trying to apologise :roll: why does growing up in Houston make it okay to use racial slurs jesus christ

YolandaWinston
Informer
Informer

Post by YolandaWinston »

I just posted in Katy's thread about this. It was wrong in 2013 and it's wrong now. That was 4 years ago not 40. Katy would've been 21. Old enough to know better. Arianna is trash to me now too after her defending Katy repeatedly.

TaylorM88
Learner
Learner

Post by TaylorM88 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
treelee wrote:
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Nope nope wrote:

Gotcha! And I totally agree with the bolded.

Lol this was the last post on FGOC some of the answers are funny

freehugs
Learner
Learner

Post by freehugs »

It was pretty lame how hard she was defending Katy on the FGOC post, like are you in her head to know why she used the word ***ga? I appreciate that she was honest about her own use of the word and her ignorance. She wasn't kidding when she said that she threw the word out there like it was "bro." But saying you did because everyone else did is never an excuse. Not gonna post screenshots but she should really clean up her twitter because in just 5 seconds I found a lot of tweets where she uses it. I don't think this makes her racist, just ignorant as hell.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

Yeah I graduated high school a few years before 2013 and the n word has been a no go ever since I remember. Honestly as a white person I don't know how any of these girls ever felt comfortable using that word. I mean say what you will but Black Lives Matter was formed in 2013 so don't give me things have changed a lot in the last 4 years.

ellie_williams
Debater
Debater

Post by ellie_williams »

...Literally calling a black guy a n****
Y I K E S. You can talk shit about how you thought it was just an endearing word that meant 'bro' or w/e and apparently didn't know it was bad, but there is no way she didn't realise calling a person who is black that word was racist.
The only reason she's defending katy so much is because what katy is being criticised for is relatable to her own life. Same as the other fitspos I've seen defending Katy's use of the word like SaSquats and freeyoursoulfit. I'm just gonna assume those defending her have also used n**** a lot in their past (and probably still do so in private is they feel so strongly about it now). They're trying to claim that 'everyone' used to do this especially if you apparently listen to rap songs :roll: I can 100% guarantee I've never thrown that word around, neither have my friends and the people I spend time with. I find it amusing how whilst this drama is going on and these girls are loudly proclaiming that they're not racist and using the word is/was fine, they're also RTing posts about the right wing racist mess going on in Virginia. Do they not realise they're part of the problem lmao.

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

Arianna is young, and that's something I have to keep reminding myself. I have to keep reminding myself because I am just absolutely in awe at how ignorant, stupid and miseducated someone can be. She's for causes when it's cool and trendy and comes across as ~woke~ but I literally cannot think of anything less ~woke~ than colloquially using such a vitriolic racial slur.

She thinks she's this leading face of body positivity, but gaining weight is cool is such a stupid bullshit social media trend that is basically the new #thinspo. I'm so generally disinterested in her. She's been on a multi day twitter tirade about pasta - she's clearly loving the attention her post about pasta has gotten her. She's just such a superficial activist. She does nothing other than retweet shit on twitter for activism.

I'm just over her in general. She's just like that stupid alexandra cari girl - goes after something/someone when it's trendy, supports them when it's trendy. Never makes waves or causes a rift because god forbid you be genuine and lose followers.

My definition of "Genuine" does not include "labels self as thicccc in instagram selfies"

Post by Guest »

alliezee wrote:Arianna is young, and that's something I have to keep reminding myself. I have to keep reminding myself because I am just absolutely in awe at how ignorant, stupid and miseducated someone can be. She's for causes when it's cool and trendy and comes across as ~woke~ but I literally cannot think of anything less ~woke~ than colloquially using such a vitriolic racial slur.

She thinks she's this leading face of body positivity, but gaining weight is cool is such a stupid bullshit social media trend that is basically the new #thinspo. I'm so generally disinterested in her. She's been on a multi day twitter tirade about pasta - she's clearly loving the attention her post about pasta has gotten her. She's just such a superficial activist. She does nothing other than retweet shit on twitter for activism.

I'm just over her in general. She's just like that stupid alexandra cari girl - goes after something/someone when it's trendy, supports them when it's trendy. Never makes waves or causes a rift because god forbid you be genuine and lose followers.

My definition of "Genuine" does not include "labels self as thicccc in instagram selfies"
YES THIS. SPOT. ON. Sure, gaining weight is cool when it all goes straight to your ass and none to your waistline thanks to your genetic build and history of weight lifting. But what about people who gain weight from depression? From securing a sit-down office job? From pregnancy and caring for children? From injury or disease? Or what about people who gain weight despite already being overweight/obese and are at high risk of disease, etc?

It must be nice to be so privileged that you can still be considered sexy when you gain weight and are confident in your body. Nice that gaining weight made someone look more Kardashian-esque than slim, which is trendy and attractive to today's majority. Not so easy for those of us who have gained weight and aren't perceived to be more attractive because of how we've gained weight, how fast we've gained it, how we look now, how we looked before, etc.

Sure, this girl is genuine. Genuinely ignorant and desperate for attention...

LollyLavigne
Learner
Learner

Post by LollyLavigne »

YolandaWinston wrote:I just posted in Katy's thread about this. It was wrong in 2013 and it's wrong now. That was 4 years ago not 40. Katy would've been 21. Old enough to know better. Arianna is trash to me now too after her defending Katy repeatedly.
I don't get the logic that it was 2013, so that made it okay, because it was a different time. I keep seeing comments like that on FGOC. Like 2013 was practically yesterday. Let's see in 2013 Barack Obama was in office, social media was the same then as it was now, It was not okay to say it then! And i hate the justification that they were "young" when they said it. Um, no 18-21 is old enough to know better. I'm 22 years old, and we were taught since like 2nd grade not to use that word, and I had mostly white teachers. If any kid used that words in school that was an automatic suspension. Did they not celebrate Black History Month in school? Why do they not know the history behind this word, and why it's hurtful and can't be used. I think they're just willfully ignorant.

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

yes to the three posts above me :tu: :tu: :tu:

she tweeted "if a guy isn't an ass guy don't trust him" but body posi right?? i'm sure that tweet makes girls with no ass feel great about themselves.i get that her tweets aren't serious most of the time....but like think about what you tweet maybe just a little bit? and she also tweeted a while ago "heartbreak is telling your black friend it's going to get better when you don't know if it is." lol like her black friends are children and look to her as the voice of reason and state of the nation. she needs to quit trying so hard and get over herself. i bet she says so much stupid shit IRL that contradicts everything she says online.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

Agreed to the above. But YES on the 2013 not being an excuse. It's not like much has changed since then. Black lives matter was already started, we had a black president, we had all the same SM platforms, 12 years a slave WON best picture that year, and I'll stop there.. I don't remember when I learned the word but I ALWAYS knew it was derogatory and not my word to say. I get that the school system sucks, but come on, you have to know where that word comes from and why it's not okay to use it.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Dunno about the US but here in the UK the n word has always just been a word used by racists against non white people. I knew not to use it by the time I was about 12.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Did everyone see her posting pics of her SM friends PayPal or venmoing her money for her birthday this weekend? Thought that was a bit embarrassing too

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”