livloveshermakeup

banana berry
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

livloveshermakeup

Post by banana berry »

Sorry if there's already a topic on her but I can't find one and I thought some people might have some things to say about her channel. :)
:love2: <3

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Re: livloveshermakeup

Post by CassieAnne »

Thanks for starting this.
All I ever see are raves about her including the topic linked.

I think she's annoying. She talks too fast and brags too much.

makeupandchill
Lurker
Lurker

Post by makeupandchill »

her intro is really loud lmao but i love her...she loves makeup

i dont think she can do it well but shes informative

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

I started watching this chick about a week ago & too wondereed what ppl thought of her since she drops the F bomb regularly...i like that she states her negative opinions but sometimes i feel like shes over doing it to either have something to bitch about or just for "drama sake" keep ppl pulled into her channel. A big thing that makes my head spin around is she is very scatter brained like when she does reviews or w.e...also i know she has some issues with her hair & shit but cant she brush it out or w.e for at least 1 vid?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
http://media.giphy.com/media/UxwLdIgt7rjQA/giphy.gif (*EDITED DUE TO SIZE RESTRICTIONS*)

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

xyz wrote:I started watching this chick about a week ago & too wondereed what ppl thought of her since she drops the F bomb regularly...i like that she states her negative opinions but sometimes i feel like shes over doing it to either have something to bitch about or just for "drama sake" keep ppl pulled into her channel. A big thing that makes my head spin around is she is very scatter brained like when she does reviews or w.e...also i know she has some issues with her hair & shit but cant she brush it out or w.e for at least 1 vid?

She is very scatterbrained and that's why she should edit her damn videos! People keep praising her for being so real, but come on. She doesn't edit so she can put crap up constantly and make her "side money" :roll:

blacksmaug
Talker
Talker

Post by blacksmaug »

xyz wrote:I started watching this chick about a week ago & too wondereed what ppl thought of her since she drops the F bomb regularly...i like that she states her negative opinions but sometimes i feel like shes over doing it to either have something to bitch about or just for "drama sake" keep ppl pulled into her channel. A big thing that makes my head spin around is she is very scatter brained like when she does reviews or w.e...also i know she has some issues with her hair & shit but cant she brush it out or w.e for at least 1 vid?

Liv has pretty severe ADHD and systemic lupus. The lupus left lesions on her scalp that's why she always has it pulled back. She goes into detail about it in a couple of videos. Overall, I like her even though her makeup isn't my personal taste, she's honest, to the point, and quite funny. Plus, her work ethic is pretty amazing considering her conditions, being a flutist, and a teacher.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

blacksmaug wrote:

Liv has pretty severe ADHD and systemic lupus. The lupus left lesions on her scalp that's why she always has it pulled back. She goes into detail about it in a couple of videos. Overall, I like her even though her makeup isn't my personal taste, she's honest, to the point, and quite funny. Plus, her work ethic is pretty amazing considering her conditions, being a flutist, and a teacher.
This isn't a rave thread though soooo

SarcasmicShade
Debater
Debater

Post by SarcasmicShade »

There's nothing much bad to say as of now. ..you can't invent things to hate on

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

Ok I realize this might come off very harsh, but I don't think she comes on here very often.
I like her in general, she seems like a very nice person, has principles, I don't mind her talking fast or anything like that. I love the fact that she is very blunt and just says things the way she means them.

But I like checking her snaps, and today it was all about her boyfriend. Now, hat happened is horrible and he doesn't deserve it and she doesn't deserve it. I'm sure it's a very sensitive and difficult situation for both of them and I'm glad it hasn't affected their relationship in the least and things haven't escalated, as she said.
But I really dislike when people use Snapchat like it's their therapist, especially when it's extended for a bit too much. I'm surprised she gets away with not editing being this redundant. I know, she can talk about whatever the fuck she wants, but snaps are meant to be watched by others and I did expect her to change the subject at some point so I just kept watching and skipping.

Also can I just say, I don't wanna be the person who judges others for not being "cruelty free" enough, but she's the only CF guru I've seen who recommends products even if they're not CF. It's kinda weird. I mean if you think it's unethical to buy products from companies that test on animals, it would seem logical to not promote them.

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by karmatica »

nina84 wrote:Ok I realize this might come off very harsh, but I don't think she comes on here very often.
I like her in general, she seems like a very nice person, has principles, I don't mind her talking fast or anything like that. I love the fact that she is very blunt and just says things the way she means them.

But I like checking her snaps, and today it was all about her boyfriend. Now, hat happened is horrible and he doesn't deserve it and she doesn't deserve it. I'm sure it's a very sensitive and difficult situation for both of them and I'm glad it hasn't affected their relationship in the least and things haven't escalated, as she said.
But I really dislike when people use Snapchat like it's their therapist, especially when it's extended for a bit too much. I'm surprised she gets away with not editing being this redundant. I know, she can talk about whatever the fuck she wants, but snaps are meant to be watched by others and I did expect her to change the subject at some point so I just kept watching and skipping.

Also can I just say, I don't wanna be the person who judges others for not being "cruelty free" enough, but she's the only CF guru I've seen who recommends products even if they're not CF. It's kinda weird. I mean if you think it's unethical to buy products from companies that test on animals, it would seem logical to not promote them.
I agree especially with the CF and Snapchat parts. I can understand why Liv would say something like "I enjoy this item but I'm going to look for a cruelty-free substitute".... but it comes off as odd that she would promote non-cruelty free items anyway.

I like Liv overall, but she does talk way too fast. I can't really watch her videos as a result. I wish that there was a way to change the speed on the YT app because that's probably the only way I could watch her videos.

I also doubt Liv will ever read her GG threads because she said on Snapchat and a recent livestream that she thinks GG is trashy... yet Reddit is better, well-written etc. Don't get me wrong, I read and sometimes post on Reddit.... but they are very similar platforms IMHO.

I also didn't understand why Liv continued to read the Reddit threads about her and clapped back on Snapchat.

I can see that sometimes the negative comments will get to you after a while... but if you know that those comments can/will upset you then don't keep reading?

I believe Liv said that she will no longer read those threads so don't link her to the posts anymore... after maybe the third Snapchat rant about Reddit.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

karmatica wrote:
nina84 wrote:Ok I realize this might come off very harsh, but I don't think she comes on here very often.

I agree especially with the CF and Snapchat parts. I can understand why Liv would say something like "I enjoy this item but I'm going to look for a cruelty-free substitute".... but it comes off as odd that she would promote non-cruelty free items anyway.

I like Liv overall, but she does talk way too fast. I can't really watch her videos as a result. I wish that there was a way to change the speed on the YT app because that's probably the only way I could watch her videos.

I also doubt Liv will ever read her GG threads because she said on Snapchat and a recent livestream that she thinks GG is trashy... yet Reddit is better, well-written etc. Don't get me wrong, I read and sometimes post on Reddit.... but they are very similar platforms IMHO.

I also didn't understand why Liv continued to read the Reddit threads about her and clapped back on Snapchat.

I can see that sometimes the negative comments will get to you after a while... but if you know that those comments can/will upset you then don't keep reading?

I believe Liv said that she will no longer read those threads so don't link her to the posts anymore... after maybe the third Snapchat rant about Reddit.
When did she go on these rants?

It's funny I read the Reddit threads now and then, and I've seen a lot of glowing things about her on there. The things people say have been relatively tame...Like she talks too goddamn fast and doesn't edit.

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by karmatica »

^ All of these Snapchat rants were fairly recent. The last Reddit clap back was a few days ago because of the comments about her relationship.

Actually, Liv briefly mentioned Reddit a couple of days ago. She was understandably upset about people stalking and doxing Tom for the second time within the last 2 weeks.

After Liv explained what happened and that Tom doesn't want to be in the public eye, Liv said something like "I guess people are going to talk about me on Reddit saying I'm being stupid etc."

Again - I get that these kind of comments can get to you, you want to defend yourself especially after people invade your boyfriend's privacy et al... but it gets to be a bit much.

maruduh
Lurker
Lurker

Post by maruduh »

I tend to only watch gurus as background noise (unless the ones I still care for are reviewing something I'm considering purchasing), but...I can't with her. I'm not trying to be dramatic either, but the speed and intensity of her voice can super duper ramp up my anxiety and/or stress level.

Champagne Stop
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Champagne Stop »

Good lord she's such a hot mess. She only lasted a few days saying she wasn't going to reveal the city she just moved to, before she OF COURSE accidentally said where they moved in one of her insane daily Snapchat rambles. What with all her "all natural" health remedy theories, it's becoming clear that this chick is really not very bright.

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by karmatica »

Liv just joined Reddit to ensure that there is no more doxxing or leaked personal information. Interesting since Liv didn't deal with some of the Reddit comments that well.

I had to LOL when I watched Liv's new video about YouTubers that she trusts. I usually can't watch her videos all the way through, but I was curious. I thought it was a good concept... but Liv lost some credibility for including Cassie/Thrift Thick in her recommendations. :roll:

I understand that Liv may be unaware of how problematic Cassie is and I don't know that much about Cassie's drama... but Liv will know soon enough!

I also wonder if Liv knows that being a "pale princess" is considered an insult on Reddit. Maybe she's trying to be funny? *Kanye shrug*

lizaevie90
Learner
Learner

Post by lizaevie90 »

Really surprised about her YT recommendations, several are classic money grubbing liars. Cassie and JACKIE??!! Jackie-I-Can't-open-my-mouth-without-it-being-an-undisclosed-ad???

Is she still buying stuff from 'non CF brands' or just going through her stash because you're transitioning to cruelty free if you're using up your stuff - not if you're still buying the Lancome 'n stuff.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

lmaaaao @ what happened in this thread.

Admittedly, this was a terrible post, but everyone told OP so, and Liv went in to attack the subreddit as a whole and her comment and replies honestly made her look really bad.

karmatica
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by karmatica »

^ OMG, I got secondhand embarrassment. Liv should have stayed off Reddit like she previously stated. :?

Liv recently clapped back on Snapchat at the commenters who were asking and/or criticizing her for not including KathleenLights in her trusted beauty gurus list. The reasons why were fair (i.e. Liv has only watched 4-5 of Kathleen's videos), but Liv sounded overly defensive IMO. She said something along the lines of, "How do you know that I'm not going to include Kathleen in my artistry beauty gurus list?! I think she's better at makeup than I am." :roll:

I don't know why Liv constantly has to rant/respond to 'haters' and these kind of things, especially when her best friend moderates the comments. Liv even said on Snapchat today that her moderator will delete anything that could turn into a battleground.

She also asked people not to fight in the comments because everyone who commented will get notifications every time there's a new response to the thread(s) and it's really annoying.

As far as using the non-CF products, I believe that Liv is using up her stash and buying CF products moving forward.

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

Wowww her Reddit responses are awful.
She seems to have such thin skin.

Or she's just used to everyone being up her ass like they usually are on Reddit (the real beauty guru chat sub) or on her channel.

Return to “K-O”