DaddyOfive

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DaddyOfive

Post by Pistachiyo »

I can't believe there isn't a thread of this family. I just came across their channel for the first time after hearing everyone going off about them. The mom is dropping F bombs in front of her kids and then saying they hear worse on the radio. I watched the invisible ink prank and maybe it's because I come from a no swearing household i'm shocked at how casually she uses it in front of her kids. As far as the abuse allegations , i'm not even saying they are I just think they're pathetic parents.

stopwhtsthtsound
Stalker
Stalker

Re: DaddyOfive

Post by stopwhtsthtsound »

I watched Phillip Defranco's video on them. I had to cut it off after a few minutes. Those poor kids. I'm not one to tell some one how to parent, but it felt like I was watching someone committing child abuse.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

Correction, after seeing Philips videos that showed more clips of their videos and what they do to their son cody, that is definitely abusive. Poor thing.

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

I saw Phil's video too, even going in knowing it was a prank the yelling and cursing didn't sit well with me.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ImageImageImage

pennyajdg
Learner
Learner

Post by pennyajdg »

I could barely watch The video segment Phil did, it was awful, what the hell is wrong with these people anything for money, those poor kids, especially Cody how have they had an audience this long who supports this behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

I don't have kids, but I can't imagine pulling pranks like that on them and uploading them to YouTube. My first reaction seeing the clips was the kids need comforting.

They left Cody out of a Disney trip because he smeared poo around, twice(?) the dad actually seems conflicted about having to leave him behind, the mom called him "a crazy ginger snap."

ImageImageImage

pennyajdg
Learner
Learner

Post by pennyajdg »

Anyone know their history? There is a video out there claiming Cody and I think the daughter aren't the moms step children??? Wonder if there is any truth to that the video the dad just posted on twitter is a damn mess

pennyajdg
Learner
Learner

Post by pennyajdg »

Anyone know their history? There is a video out there claiming Cody and I think the daughter aren't the moms step children??? Wonder if there is any truth to that the video the dad just posted on twitter is a damn mess

graciesea
Learner
Learner

Post by graciesea »

there son cody is probably acting out because of how they're treating him. honestly. one of the kids even said "why do you only pick on me and cody?"

I feel bad for him. plus theyre publishing all his issues on YT where little boys are making fun of him. makes me sad :(

bethrose
Talker
Talker

Post by bethrose »

I was deeply disturbed watching the clips on the PDS. I reported their channel to youtube as child abuse. Those poor kids

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

Apparently Cody and Emma and are the kids from a previous relationship and their current stepmom (the bitch in the videos) forged some kind of paperwork saying their bio mom gave up legal custody because of her mental illness, even though that wasn't true? I'm trying to go through the comments of Phil's videos for info.

BUT if they live in the south, CPS won't do anything until it's too late. They're notorious for not handling child abuse cases properly. If anything, they'd move Cody to a relatives home but his parents would still have access to him.

The self harm he does and smearing feces on the walls are defense and coping mechanisms for some abuse victims.

Parsley
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Parsley »

Gaga wrote:Apparently Cody and Emma and are the kids from a previous relationship and their current stepmom (the bitch in the videos) forged some kind of paperwork saying their bio mom gave up legal custody because of her mental illness, even though that wasn't true? I'm trying to go through the comments of Phil's videos for info.

BUT if they live in the south, CPS won't do anything until it's too late. They're notorious for not handling child abuse cases properly. If anything, they'd move Cody to a relatives home but his parents would still have access to him.

The self harm he does and smearing feces on the walls are defense and coping mechanisms for some abuse victims.
Yeah I read it had something to do with the real mother being bipolar and the judge didn't give her a chance because of that.

This story really breaks my heart and seeing the father's face makes me angry every time.
Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

wolfgutscharlie

Post by wolfgutscharlie »

I keep hearing about this situation and the videos are honestly disturbing.

Hearing one of the kids say 'at least you don't hit us' literally made me want to be sick. It's clear (not sure if anyone else has picked up on it) that the parents have most likely said that in one of these situations. EG: kids fighting back, 'you can't do this to us! we don't like it!' and then they go 'well at least we don't hit you like other parents!'

It's really messed up for them to be bribed with things, they think it's normal to get your parents yelling at you one minute and laughing at your pain the next. These kids are all still developing, they're never going to fully recover if they don't get help.

What makes me upset is though, that I've always KNOWN there to be child abuse on youtube, it would be extremely unlikely that there wouldn't be. Same with other horrible things. Most cases of child abuse are probably posted on channels that don't have any subscribers or anyone watching them, so it goes unnoticed.

As sad as this is, I am so glad that Philip DeFranco made a video about this and raised the amount of awareness he has (even if that meant not monetising the video). It's nice to see youtubers doing things for their own genuine concern than for money.

Also what I keep reading on the youtube comment sections are people claiming to be like Cody, and how if he doesn't get help he'll be scared of everything/that it will mess him up. Hope he gets the help soon, poor guy :/ :love2:

KittenOnTheInternet
Talker
Talker

Post by KittenOnTheInternet »

This entire situation is absolutely horrifying.

I don't care if Dad McAssface says it's "just a prank" and that things are scripted or exaggerated, the shit those kids are going through is the shit that fucks you up for life. I grew up with a similar environment, with my parents and my brother pulling these kinds of "pranks" and rough-housing that goes a few steps too far. My therapy bills trying to cope with the effects are no joke.

And jesus christ, telling your child "That's your sister, she doesn't count as a girl!" to get him to slap her? What the absolute fuck is wrong with these parents?
I'm really just here to make witty commentary. I'm not very good at witty commentary.

iheartyou
Learner
Learner

Post by iheartyou »

They live in Maryland so hopefully CPS has a better handle on things in that state.

I hadn't heard of this family until DeFranco covered it this week, but I was able to watch 5 or so videos before they were all set to private. Even their "normal" vlogs were horrendous. One video showed a kid getting aggressively yelled and cursed at because his room failed inspection. He was told he'd have to write 1,000 sentences, all his games were being taken away, and he'd be grounded for weeks. All before going to school. Way to set the tone for the day!

In another video, the dad was anxious to film the kids arriving home from school in hopes to capture Emma's meltdown once he told her she'd have to fold 3 loads of laundry as one of her chores. The parents are extremely antagonistic and always trying to illicit a negative response so they could film it and egg it on. It's despicable.

Emma and Cody's biological mom made a slideshow video and offered some statements in the comment section.

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

I heard that in Maryland where they live CPS will only take away the children if there's sexual abuse or abuse with a "deadly weapon" (whatever that means). If they only had lived in another state the children would probably already have been taken away, It's so frustrating.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

Guys.. watch the clips in this video.
[youtube][/youtube]

the more I see the worse I feel, and I never get invested in things like this. I feel so bad .

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

Pistachiyo wrote:Guys.. watch the clips in this video.
[youtube][/youtube]

the more I see the worse I feel, and I never get invested in things like this. I feel so bad .
This makes my blood boil​. It didn't even occur to him to talk to Cody calmly and off camera about his bad school report.

I also read on Reddit that Cody got in trouble once for buying another kid lunch.

ImageImageImage

iheartyou
Learner
Learner

Post by iheartyou »

Pistachiyo wrote:Guys.. watch the clips in this video.
[youtube][/youtube]
I had to stop the video at 10:40. My heart breaks for those kids especially Cody. I just wanna hug him, encourage him, and infuse positivity into his life. The dad immediately assumes the worst and doesn't even give him a chance to explain himself. :-x

I wouldn't be surprised if these kids were taking out their frustrations on others at school, and it makes me think of a poignant sketch by Key & Peele.

[youtube][/youtube]

ferriswheel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ferriswheel »

They've uploaded another apology video. I haven't watched it but apparently it has a bunch of jump cuts and they say the are in counseling.

ImageImageImage

Return to “A-M”