Whitney Simmons

dr-tran
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Whitney Simmons

Post by dr-tran »

It's hard to keep track of her gossip in the lesser known fitness YTers thread so I hope you don't mind me making this thread Jen! :tu:

Okay, Whit-Whit discussion: go! :D

Beefit

Re: Whitney Simmons

Post by Beefit »

I call bullshit that she started her YouTube in January of 2016. Who makes a first vlog intro as "welcome back to my channel"?

dr-tran
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dr-tran »

Beefit wrote:I call bullshit that she started her YouTube in January of 2016. Who makes a first vlog intro as "welcome back to my channel"?
I thought that was weird too but social blade matches up with what she's saying. Does it count deleted videos?

I can't think of a good reason why she'd lie about it either. :?

blondish
Debater
Debater

Post by blondish »

If you look back on her blog, there are embedded videos from mid-2015 that are no longer available. My guess is they were sporadic postings and not something she had yet taken seriously or didn't post regularly. Her Join date is May 15, 2015. That's still a pretty short time for her massive growth.

https://whitsbringingfit.com/2015/05/17/booty-gains/
https://whitsbringingfit.com/2015/05/29 ... mmer-time/
https://whitsbringingfit.com/2015/08/13 ... r-workout/

cmk808
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cmk808 »

Every time I decide I'm going to give her another chance when one of her videos pops up in my recommendations, it's ALWAYS sponsored. This time it was Blue Apron. Like, it's one thing to do a sponsored video every once in a while, but I unsubscribed because she did something like 3 in a row (on top of me just getting irritated with her SHRIEKING). And then any random video of hers that pops up is always sponsored as well. Her channel is just one infomercial after another.

googooeyes
Learner
Learner

Post by googooeyes »

blondish wrote:If you look back on her blog, there are embedded videos from mid-2015 that are no longer available. My guess is they were sporadic postings and not something she had yet taken seriously or didn't post regularly. Her Join date is May 15, 2015. That's still a pretty short time for her massive growth.

https://whitsbringingfit.com/2015/05/17/booty-gains/
https://whitsbringingfit.com/2015/05/29 ... mmer-time/
https://whitsbringingfit.com/2015/08/13 ... r-workout/
i get that and you're probably right. But why would she lie about it? I mean if she just said I started this channel in May 2015 but didnt upload regularly until it was Jan 2016 it would be totally fine. Saying that she started the channel in Jan 2016 is just a flat out lie :?

Sobinski
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sobinski »

Can't snark on this girl. I like her.

googooeyes
Learner
Learner

Post by googooeyes »

cmk808 wrote:Every time I decide I'm going to give her another chance when one of her videos pops up in my recommendations, it's ALWAYS sponsored. This time it was Blue Apron. Like, it's one thing to do a sponsored video every once in a while, but I unsubscribed because she did something like 3 in a row (on top of me just getting irritated with her SHRIEKING). And then any random video of hers that pops up is always sponsored as well. Her channel is just one infomercial after another.
OT: blue apron was embroiled in a scandal. Apparently the workers complained of unsafe and terrible work conditions.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

I'm so over Blue Apron...all the bloggers I read use them and i feel like it's just one big shill. Maybe i'm biased because the program interests me NOT AT ALL.

In the scheme of things, whether Whit started her channel in May 2015 or January 2016 doesn't matter to me. It's an odd thing to 'lie' about but not going to make me stop watching her. I have a hard time snarking on her. She seems genuinely kind. I also like her workouts, i just take her 'knowledge' with a grain of salt lol ("this workout will grow your boobies!' :rofl: )

Susperna
Informer
Informer

Post by Susperna »

Haha yes. The only thing she is certified in is bro-science :D . But I enjoy her workouts, straight to the point and they always incorporate new "moves" that I haven't seen before and I often "feel" them (if you guys know what I mean). I wouldn't watch her vlogs or something like that tho just because it can be quite exhausting. No hate tho, don't like the amount of sponsored vids she does but I only watch her workouts anyway in other regards she has nothing to add imo. She seems like a nice gal :) .

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

I mean I guess for convenience and all but Blue Apron isn't even prepped meals, it's literally "here's the ingredients and recipe, cook the shit yourself." Like, I have pinterest and King Sooper's ClickList, I'm good :tu:

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

I actually really like Whitney. I think as far as the sponsored videos go, her audience is quite a bit different than an Emily Hayden or Amanda Bucci or Marie Wold - she's not really a body builder so much as she is more of a "fitness lifestyle" type in the way I think a Kayla Itsines is? The more sponsored posts to me would be because of her demographic/viewership trends. I don't blame her.

I think if she continues to blow up, we need to start a betting pool on how long until the Emily Hayden/Bucci/Alphalete crowd decide they hate her and start passively aggressively being assholes to her :)

starsicle11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by starsicle11 »

That permanent hair flip though... :?

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I get alot of my workouts from her now as I got fed up with the other fitness girls I follow

I just can't understand how she can gym with her hair all over the place

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ga7ba »

I was literally going to make an account just to talk about her! I like Whitney and think she's got a good personality compared to other fitness girls on yt, but she's not very knowledgeable on fitness or nutrition.

I think it was her back & bicep video, she does this movement on the lat pull down machine where she pulls the bar behind her back. I tried it at the gym and got weird looks from some of the trainers before one of them stopped me and told me that movement was very dangerous. Good thing I went light on the weight and only did about 3 reps before I got stopped because the next day I had severe pain in my chest (not sore pain, like actual pain). I left a comment on her video telling her that move was unsafe and then my comment disappeared... she also always talks about how food is her passion but am I the only one who thinks her cooking skills are basic and her food looks so unappetising?

wawa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wawa »

Overall I like Whitney. I have nothing to snark on related to her fitness videos.. I think she's creative and has good enough form to show examples. She doesn't lift super heavy but I think that's okay, it's not for everyone. I like her video about her HIIT cardio. I like her food related videos for the most part. I tried the blueberry crock pot oatmeal recipe but it wasn't very good- the blueberries don't cook well in the crock pot.. Lol

I don't know anything about the blue apron scandal but I will say I think she did a good job of incorporating the sponsor into the video, BUT I think she spent too much time on it. I kind of lost interest and started looking at my phone while she was cooking that meal. It's more annoying when it's like a fabfitfun unboxing or something.. I'd much rather watch a video that showcases your creativity and then subtly mention whatever it is you need to sponsor. I don't like the subscription box videos because there's so many of them. I do appreciate that she shares products and food that don't sponsor her though, like in her monthly favorites and stuff.

I think she's actually really sweet. She's replied to a few of my comments before and is super nice, as opposed to a comment I left on Marie Wolds video and I got a snarky but emotionless response. It's not that hard to put an exclamation point or smiley face to make yourself seem more warm or whatever.

Beefit

Post by Beefit »

Her personality annoys me, but I'll give her 2 thumbs up for having a personality. I like that she is taller than 5'2" and provides workout footage and workouts.

Maybe I like her... But can't stomach her makeup.

cat29
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cat29 »

I think the reason people don't like her lying about when she started Youtube is because it makes it seem like she blew up super fast by saying she only started a year ago. I mean she did blow up really fast for sure, but its less impressive to say that your first youtube video was actually several months before.

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

They're not for everyone but I adore unboxing videos. It's like vicariously shopping through others for me :rofl:

slowblink
Informer
Informer

Post by slowblink »

cat29 wrote:I think the reason people don't like her lying about when she started Youtube is because it makes it seem like she blew up super fast by saying she only started a year ago. I mean she did blow up really fast for sure, but its less impressive to say that your first youtube video was actually several months before.
That, and if you're going to lie about something so small and insignificant you are going to lie about EVERYTHING. You can't trust someone who lies about such a non-issue. No one would think worse of her if she said, "Oh, I actually started YouTubing a couple of years ago," but instead she chose to flat out lie about it. Who does that? Why would you do that? It's not like lying about plastic surgery, where you don't want to admit to something that is still, in many cases, looked down upon and you're obviously self conscious about--or even PED use, which is illegal and makes sense no to cop to. It's like lying about having Cap'n Crunch for breakfast when everyone already saw you eat it. It just doesn't make sense.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”