dr-tran
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Marie (Biggest Ego in the) WOrLD

Post by dr-tran »

Thank yooouu!

So I watched her powerlifting video and I had to watch it at 2.0 speed because this chick cannot get a sentence out in less than 2 minutes holy shit.

She said to have specific goals. What's HER specific goals for powerlifting? To compete in June.

No goal numbers for her lifts??

That's like flag #1 that you're not interested in the sport for you. IMO strength numbers are EVERYTHING in powerlifting. It's a competition based on the numbers. Not necessarily against other people in your class if that's not what you want to do, but definitely for yourself. And specific numbers. The majority of the ladies I know that do powerlifting do it to beat xyz personal record number, not to just compete in the most upcoming competition. If you're doing it for a competition you're just trying to be relevant gtfo.

And like someone already said she's already complaining about training for long periods of time. I LOVE how I train. Sometimes I want to go in on my off days to do the same shit over and over again. It's not my job, it's a hobby and I'm jealous that she gets paid to bitch about doing something I love. More than likely she's going to half ass this like she did her bikini comp and then blame her bad performance on some irrelevant factors. I like that her motto is 'grind and be grateful' when she does the exact opposite. :roll:

I think it's awesome she's not trying to do the bikini comp thing again, but I don't think powerlifting is going to be her "thing" either. I'm putting money on her not doing an actual program that's worked for so many people (starting strength/strong lifts/531/GCZL etc) and is probably going to do some bullshit powerbuilding volume shit.

Edit: I should note that I'm not saying that she needs to lift xyz heavier and be xyz stronger, I mean actually be invested in what she's doing. Like really being motivated to be stronger not just 'lol guess I'll do this now'. You can compete with whatever numbers you want, as booch has shown us, but I really hope she treats the sport seriously. It's a sport. Maybe I've been sniffing too many smelling salts but I can't fucking stand these lazy fitness YTers that can't treat powerlifting as the sport it is. It's NOT easy.
Last edited by dr-tran on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beefit

Post by Beefit »

I am intrigued to read about Marie. Like someone mentioned before, her frame is sturdy. Excited to see her body transform with powerlifting.

dr-tran
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dr-tran »

HoardganizedJen wrote:I agree that she's not going to take this seriously and will end up doing some kind of "powerbuilding" routine she makes up herself. I think she'll end up lifting way heavier than Bucci though. Like I said, I swear I saw her casually deadlifting over 200lbs in a vlog once. I don't know if that's heavy in the powerlifting world but it is to me. I need to do a powerlifting program because 135 is tough for me :lol:
She'll definitely outlift Amanda. Amanda is lazier than Marie for sure and Marie looks like she's already at Amanda's level of benching.

So for 136 which is where she's cutting 200lbs is okay. It's almost 1.5 bw which is an intermediate level:
http://symmetricstrength.com/standards# ... /female/23
250-300lbs would be competitive at the weight class she's competing in if 200lbs is her 1RM. If you saw her doing it for reps then I'd be willing to bet her 1RM would be like 225-240. 12 weeks isn't a terribly long time to gain strength... especially since she said she wants to cut weight. Do you know how much exactly she needs to cut? Most coaches would NOT let you cut bodyweight this close to a competition because it affects your training and strength gains.

Ugh if she's not going to get a damn coach she should atleast follow a legitimate program. This shit drives me up the wall man. It's an embarrassment to the community they're attempting to represent. Could you imagine them half-assing an oly program?

What makes it acceptable to half ass powerlifting? It's infuriating!

(Starting Strength, Strong Lifts, Strong Curves, or Eddy's PL program are great starting pl programs if you're interested. ;) Just gotta be consistent.)

wawa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wawa »

I think this will be a good form, Marie isn't super popular but there's tons to talk about with her :D

She was super vague in her video, maybe cause it's the first one? She didn't explain her program, didn't state whether she was hiring a coach, didn't talk about her goals regarding her numbers, didn't state her current weight or give a number of pounds she needed to drop... She tries wayyy to hard to fit in and be relevant and I think that's the basis of why I don't like her. I see right through her. She seems EXACTLY like one of the girls who does a bikini comp because it's "in" and then realizes it's hard and probably not worth it and moves onto the next "cool" thing. She also said she doesn't squat or bench very often, but her bench seemed pretty strong for the beginning of her program.

I can totally see why her doing this meet would seriously offend a power lifter. I'm not a power lifter so it doesn't get to me as much, but it still rubs me the wrong way. She seems very laissez-faire about it to me. Maybe it's because she has no personality though.

And to add, you MUST watch her videos at 2x speed or else you will click out of it 2 minutes in.

Susperna
Informer
Informer

Post by Susperna »

Beefit wrote:Image

I am intrigued to read about Marie. Like someone mentioned before, her frame is sturdy. Excited to see her body transform with powerlifting.
Holy moly, how old is this picture :o ? More than 12 weeks I guess? She looks hella puffy, almost bloated there and way bulkier than in her other pics. Is she just working the angles and that is her usual frame? On most of the pictures with other girls (on the bossbabes meet-up for example) she barley looks like she lifts imo (at least compared to other ppl). Is that just me? Not to imply that there is anything wrong with the way she looks but it shocked me compared to her selfies and such...
Anyway, quitting bikni/prep and starting powerlifting seems to be he trend now, just like the entire "the fitness industry is soo bad"-train (boofuckinghoo, you get paid for looking good, everyone else has to look good AND do a job that pays the bills :rofl: ). I feel like with Bucci it is kinda an excuse to be more loose with the diet or justify weight gain post show, don't know how Marie's motivations are tho. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for females getting stronger and actually lifting rather than bending over for judges and starving themselves just don't be so pretentious and don't act like you made powerlifting cool :roll:

regina_giddens
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by regina_giddens »

I feel like with Bucci it is kinda an excuse to be more loose with the diet or justify weight gain post show, don't know how Marie's motivations are tho. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for females getting stronger and actually lifting rather than bending over for judges and starving themselves just don't be so pretentious and don't act like you made powerlifting cool
It's because you can only starve your body for so long before it's like 'nah bro' and makes dieting very difficult for you. Especially when you've been down to 'extremes' like you do on prep. Then I guess the next thing to do that's lifting related if something to do with strength.

I'm all for girls going into powerlifting. Amanda was just annoying cause she always talks like she's the expert in everything even when it's apparent she doesn't know shit.

Marie is a bit like that too, but still, if she does a proper meet prep i'd be interested to see what she does. I'm interested in the logistics of her training though, not a close up of her ass squatting in slo-mo, the likes of which I feel like was all Amanda did her in prep series.

kohlenstoff
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kohlenstoff »

Been lurking on this site for a while but finally have something to contribute....

Before Marie moved to LA, she lifted at my gym. So despite her being relatively boring, I followed her out of sheer curiosity - I would usually see her at least once a week at the gym.

Before her first bikini comp, I remember thinking to myself (as an admittedly soft powerlifter) that I was closer to being ready for a bodybuilding show than her. She did manage to lose a ton of size, and at her smallest she looked good in person. She didn't look at tiny as a bikini competitor typically does, she looked like someone who was generally fit (not particularly "stage lean").

Before she started her second prep cycle for bikini, she was considering doing a powerlifting meet. A lot of people at my gym like to push people to try it, especially if you're relatively strong. At one point, she was squatting in the 200s, deadlifting at least close to 300, and benched 135. She was definitely thicker when she hit those numbers, but her body type really is better suited for strength over being super super lean and tiny. She decided to do bikini again instead of a powerlifting meet back then, probably because she got better social media engagement from getting lean... But who knows. I think she'll do okay in her meet as long as she doesn't spend too much time fucking around with bad programming.

She really needs someone to tell her that you should never cut weight into your first meet - just show up where you are, and put up some numbers. Only makes sense to worry about it if you're actually looking at being competitive in one weight class over another.

dr-tran
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dr-tran »

[tweet][/tweet]

So she confirmed that she's doing a shitty powerbuilding routine, and she wonders why other female powerlifters are criticizing her? Maybe if she pulled her head out of her ass she could get real criticism of her program and plans for PLing. :roll:

I'm sick of these brainless clones (Emily, Amanda, Marie) who get criticism for their actions and then are like "omg so much hate, real queenz fix each others crowns, #begratefulimexisting". Stop deflecting what "hate" you're getting and just fucking address it like an adult. Deflecting does nothing but try to paint you as a victim to your followers like a child. :x

ALSO I highly doubt there's a group of mean powerlifting women that are telling her that she's weak and stupid. More likely than not they're criticising:
1) her decision to cut 12 weeks before a meet
2) her program that clearly didn't work for her best pal amandurr
3) her lack of direction with her program.
Those are 100% valid reasons to bring up! Even my snarky ass will admit that Marie can do this if she respects the sportand stop acting like she knows everything about it.

If she got onto a legitimate powerlifting program that'll help her peak and has a greater success rate than this powerbuilding shit, stopped trying to lose weight and just competed at her current weight, focuses 100% of her efforts on strength and not on aesthetics, and had definite goals I might take her seriously. :|

But I'm just a bitchy hater right?

saygopom756
Learner
Learner

Post by saygopom756 »

She also put this poll on her twitter which makes me think she wants to call herself a powerlifter. I myself am a powerlifter who has competed before and has a few state records, and while I don't speak for ALL powerlifters I feel like the consensus within in the community is that you can't call yourself a powerlifter until you compete in a meet. the big 3, squat, bench, and deadlift are practiced by more people than just powerlifters. Track, football, and plenty of other sports incorporate them into their training, but do they call themselves powerlifters? No.

AND YES. her "powerbuilding" routine SUCKS. these "powerlifters" should just start on a basic linear peaking program, no need for fancy stuff. Amanda Bucci's program was particularly AWFUL for a powerlifting newbie. Her training percentages were all over the place and for no good reason.

cantdeal123
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by cantdeal123 »

Watching some of Amanda's old videos and...oh my god... just watch and listen to Marie at 3:45 ish and 4:20

Seemingly incredibly fake :?

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

cantdeal123 wrote:Watching some of Amanda's old videos and...oh my god... just watch and listen to Marie at 3:45 ish and 4:20

i was almost too skeeved out by the Pardomas shoot to even notice marie lol YIKES. So glad that 'program' seems to be on the way out.

Were emily and marie not vlogging yet? i noticed amanda said something about emily 'not getting the whole vlogging thing' ...i guess i just feel like they've done it foreverlol

Tallgirl94
Learner
Learner

Post by Tallgirl94 »

Can somebody explain a bit more into what condition Marie has/had?
I've seen a few comments saying she can't help they way she looks because of her "condition", what's wrong with her? Has she talked about it ?

natadecoco147
Talker
Talker

Post by natadecoco147 »

Tallgirl94 wrote:Can somebody explain a bit more into what condition Marie has/had?
I've seen a few comments saying she can't help they way she looks because of her "condition", what's wrong with her? Has she talked about it ?
she talks about it in her alphalete video!

waffle_luver5
Informer
Informer

Post by waffle_luver5 »

Healthyish85 wrote:
cantdeal123 wrote:Watching some of Amanda's old videos and...oh my god... just watch and listen to Marie at 3:45 ish and 4:20

i was almost too skeeved out by the Pardomas shoot to even notice marie lol YIKES. So glad that 'program' seems to be on the way out.

Were emily and marie not vlogging yet? i noticed amanda said something about emily 'not getting the whole vlogging thing' ...i guess i just feel like they've done it foreverlol
Can we just talk about how orange Amanda is in those clips too

Beefit

Post by Beefit »

Amanda looks terrible. That outfit looks like she is missing pants. I don't get the tassled boots and cheap body suit. I'm over Amanda.

Also, skittle chewing at the end was disgusting.

Hashtag fitness
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hashtag fitness »

Hiding cameras and now hiding chalk.

Can't wait for the day they're permanently banned from Gold's.

what is image hosting

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

Hashtag fitness wrote:Hiding cameras and now hiding chalk.

Can't wait for the day they're permanently banned from Gold's.

what is image hosting
This absolutely pissed me off!!! Like WTF dude. Just no. Cameras are annoying enough (i wouldn't want to be in the background of someone's YT vid) but chalk ??? that gets absa-freaking-lutely everywhere?? she is a brat. I almost want to write her gym to tell them. That's just ignorant.

Hashtag fitness
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hashtag fitness »

Healthyish85 wrote: This absolutely pissed me off!!! Like WTF dude. Just no. Cameras are annoying enough (i wouldn't want to be in the background of someone's YT vid) but chalk ??? that gets absa-freaking-lutely everywhere?? she is a brat. I almost want to write her gym to tell them. That's just ignorant.
The thought had crossed my mind as well :D

katrynalalock
Learner
Learner

Post by katrynalalock »

I can't help but laugh at a "pro-tip" from someone who's been powerlifting for all of 1 week

regina_giddens
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by regina_giddens »

Healthyish85 wrote:

I wanna know what happened with Pardomas. Wish someone would spill the tea.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”