• Advertisement

Please stop posting just a DOT or two ....

Current Site News

Postby bipolarmorgan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:02 pm

As it has been brought to my attention that some people utilize a DOT or period (sometimes multiple) to subscribe or track a topic ... this IS AGAINST THE RULES, Please STOP DOING IT.

That being said, there is a Subscribe and Bookmark feature that allows you to easily find new content, as well as, listing where new posts are in the sections. I don't understand why you think a . is the way to do this. STOP. You ALL have been warned. I will start going around finding these posts and deleting them, so as to not clog up the forum. If you continue to do so, you will end up with a Warning and potentially a BAN.

Also, if you see these posts, please report them, so we can remove them. They waste space and are annoying on so many levels.

:tu:
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Advertisement

Postby Ravyne » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:39 am

I can't speak for everyone, but in the past there have been instances when I have posted something in a thread, the app glitches out and I wind up seeing duplicate posts. I have gone back and tried to delete them, but quite often (more often than not), the app doesn't allow it and I get an error code so I will edit the post and put a period in its place instead. You have to post something, it forces you to. I figured better it be dot that takes up minimal space than a long ass post. Lol
Ravyne
Informer
Informer

Re: Please stop posting just a DOT or two ....

Postby bipolarmorgan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:54 pm

Are you referring to Tapatalk? And yes, you can delete your own posts within 5 minutes of posting them.
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Postby Ravyne » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:46 am

Yep, that is the app. There have been times that I have tried to delete them and it either freezes, or it gives me an error code saying I'm not allowed to do that. So sometimes successful, sometimes not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ravyne
Informer
Informer

Postby slykerr1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:10 am

hi
slykerr1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby slykerr1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:13 am

:)
slykerr1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby OtherwiseKnownAsWIR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:28 am

The server times out *all the time* and I'm not using the app.

You can read part of a thread, write a reply, click to submit.... waiting waiting... server error... click back so you don't lose your post... submit again.... waiting waiting waiting... server error.

Give up... come back and find you've actually posted the same comment twice because seemingly it did actually post even though it just came up with server error and dropped you out the forum.

Sometimes you are quick enough and can delete your post, sometimes you can edit it... and sometimes people change the duplicate post to a . So that the thread isn't filled with duplicate posts over and over and over.

{clicking submit now... spins the server error roulette wheel...}

#1 Server not responding... clicked back, let's try again.. clicking submit
#2 Server not responding... let's try one last time.. will this be posted once, not at all or three times? Who knows, I'm not coming back to check! clicking submit...
OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby OtherwiseKnownAsWIR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:29 am

The server times out *all the time* and I'm not using the app.

You can read part of a thread, write a reply, click to submit.... waiting waiting... server error... click back so you don't lose your post... submit again.... waiting waiting waiting... server error.

Give up... come back and find you've actually posted the same comment twice because seemingly it did actually post even though it just came up with server error and dropped you out the forum.

Sometimes you are quick enough and can delete your post, sometimes you can edit it... and sometimes people change the duplicate post to a . So that the thread isn't filled with duplicate posts over and over and over.

{clicking submit now... spins the server error roulette wheel...}

#1 Server not responding... clicked back, let's try again.. clicking submit
#2 Server not responding... let's try one last time.. will this be posted once, not at all or three times? Who knows, I'm not coming back to check! clicking submit...
OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby bipolarmorgan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:02 pm

It should be obvious based on the results that it posts the first time. STOP RESUBMITTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Postby bipolarmorgan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Ravyne wrote:Yep, that is the app. There have been times that I have tried to delete them and it either freezes, or it gives me an error code saying I'm not allowed to do that. So sometimes successful, sometimes not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can extend the time for deletion, maybe that would help?
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Postby OtherwiseKnownAsWIR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:44 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:It should be obvious based on the results that it posts the first time. STOP RESUBMITTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE ARE NO RESULTS!!!

You click submit and the server timesout... and drops you out of the forum to a cloudflare holding page

What part of that is hard to understand?

The server even timesout if I like a post!

I work in IT Morgan, real-time Market Data with millions of updates a minute...I understand this technology. Either your server is knackered, the host overwhelmed or the forum threading screwed. This site is dead on its feet.
OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby bipolarmorgan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:54 am

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:I work in IT Morgan, real-time Market Data with millions of updates a minute...I understand this technology. Either your server is knackered, the host overwhelmed or the forum threading screwed.

Then you'd be able to use better words to describe the problem. What are you helpdesk IT? LOL

If you want to discuss the architecture, I'd love to engage in thoughtful conversation, however, I doubt you have the ability.
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Postby bipolarmorgan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:00 am

Funny that I was able to post and thank without error though, huh. :rofl:
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Postby yayoya » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:39 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:Funny that I was able to post and thank without error though, huh. :rofl:

Yeah, everyone just lies about experiencing the same technical issues because we love the attention :roll:
yayoya
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby OtherwiseKnownAsWIR » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:01 am

bipolarmorgan wrote:
OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:I work in IT Morgan, real-time Market Data with millions of updates a minute...I understand this technology. Either your server is knackered, the host overwhelmed or the forum threading screwed.

Then you'd be able to use better words to describe the problem. What are you helpdesk IT? LOL

If you want to discuss the architecture, I'd love to engage in thoughtful conversation, however, I doubt you have the ability.

I build UNIX server based platforms for thousands of traders, both local and remote. (Google Real-time Market Data... you might learn something).

I don't sit at home in my bedroom relying on the ad revenue from a failing forum... and I had to use simple words because I'm sure anything with more than two syllables would flummox you.

Morgan, you're a prick. I hope the clickthru rate is worth it.

Peace out... twat.

...of course I got server error when I clicked submit - "server unavailable". What's this site run on a x86 processor with 300 baud modem? (You might need to google those things too Morgan)
OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby bipolarmorgan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:48 pm

OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:
I build UNIX server based platforms for thousands of traders, both local and remote. (Google Real-time Market Data... you might learn something).

I don't sit at home in my bedroom relying on the ad revenue from a failing forum... and I had to use simple words because I'm sure anything with more than two syllables would flummox you.

Morgan, you're a prick. I hope the clickthru rate is worth it.

Peace out... twat.

...of course I got server error when I clicked submit - "server unavailable". What's this site run on a x86 processor with 300 baud modem? (You might need to google those things too Morgan)

Ah, hahahaha, did you google a few terms to try and convince me? Good job. As you would clearly know, we are hosted in a data center run by our Host. And if you knew anything, you'd know it obviously couldn't run on a 300 baud modem, if they still exist (since that rate makes no sense for this kind of data) .... and I suppose You think are clever now with your puns. Well, if you feel you have some productive advice, instead of just complaining because you can't do anything else .... please share it. Otherwise, why are you so upset? Haven't you seen your therapist this week?

Would you actually care to discuss it and offer some useful information or are you just pretending to know something? I'm not impressed that you've learned to build a Unix server, an 8 year old can do that. If you have something useful to say, spit it out, otherwise, just shut up. The whole point of this thread is the DOT postings ... which I'm gathering is some peoples way of editing it, instead of having it removed. You can report your own posts just to have them deleted if you can't yourself... which usually double posts get deleted anyway. You are ranting about things in the wrong thread. Move along.
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

• Advertisement

Return to NEWS
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge