• Advertisement
    

FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby meg1912 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:33 pm

HaveSomeMilk wrote:Nadia Rose - Big Woman :D


Thanks a lot! :D
I was honeslty so shocked with Grace's size when I watched that video :o
All of us have our inner battles and my intention isn't to body shame Grace. However, I have to agree with everybody saying how her weight isn't healthy and yes, she should be very careful about it as many health complications can come from it.
Grace is only 27 years old, I did not read her book, so don't know much about her ed, apart from what she has spoken in her videos, but like it's been said, she obviously doesn't have a healthy relationship with food! For her to have put such a huge amount of weight, she has got to be eating thousands of calories a day, which is obviously far too much for what she needs! I know she's doing therapy, but I wish she'd seek a nutritionist's help as well for some guidance.
I love eating and there are obviously days when I have pizza, cookies and whatever I fancy, life is to be lived! But to not know your limits and when enough is enough is quite concerning. I mean, have you heard how she's constantly out of breath just by talking?
Grace is in a happy relationship (so she says), she says she's financially very stable, her career is going great (apart from book not doing as well as expected), she says therapy is helping her, so she should be able to eat a bit healthier, right?
I don't think she's become more genuine, honest, etc. Quite the opposite, actually. I truly think it's an act and she completely changed attitude because her subscribers were calling her out on it, like that thing with Asia.
meg1912
Learner
Learner
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Advertisement

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby Sweetnpeaceful » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:41 pm

I think some people will just struggle with their weight their whole lives. Just like some people do with other issues. Some of us can get a hold on it and get it together but there will always be a percentage of us that never will. I think Grace might be one those people unfortunately. While the food addiction/eating disorder counselling has probably helped her relationship with food in some ways I think it’s given her free reign to eat more because she is no longer doing crash diets or avoiding certain foods. She is eating what she wants when she wants. Also her new role as a plus size model and body positivity personality is going to be fuelling that to. Why start losing weight when everyone is praising her for being a big girl all or a sudden and actually paying her to be one. She’s finally found her place and it’s related to her weight by losing the weight she may feel like she’ll lose her career now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweetnpeaceful
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:38 am
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby bigpink » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:19 pm

I really used to despise her but her transformation has been amazing. It truly shows it is what you are like inside that counts. All I need now is for her to drop that pathetic boyfriend and I would delete this thread from my notifications lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigpink
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:26 am
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby theillusivewoman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:01 am

goldensnitch wrote:There's many a reason why people may gain weight, lack of physical activity being one, I personally have done so due to knee problems, but it's not an issue because I'm still healthy, not that it is anyone else's concern.

It's literally not. Physical activity and exercising only make out 30%, your diet is way more important.

I agree that people use the excuse of "being this fat is not healthy" to put people down often because in reality they couldn't care less about other people's health, and thin people almost never get called out when their diet is unhealthy (see all those thin girls were it's considered cute that they're like "I love pizza! Pizza is life! I don't eat anything but pizza!") but let's also not pretend like Grace is anywhere near a healthy weight, because health does have to do with weight—and I say that as an overweight person. Her mental health might have improved, which is great, but if not for that factor, her current diet is probably not one bit more healthy than her diet was when she was restricting.
User avatar
theillusivewoman
Gossiper
Gossiper
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 pm
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 1940 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby courageouscrumpets » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:59 am

meg1912 wrote:
Quite the opposite, actually. I truly think it's an act and she completely changed attitude because her subscribers were calling her out on it, like that thing with Asia.


I 100% agree.

I think this is an act / marketing ploy as the reaction to her recent attitude problems surrounding the Asia controversy which staled her growth as a YouTuber. Now that she has successfully rebranded, using this to “embrace herself” (quickest turnaround ever, btw) and I think her management have sat her down and explained that her declining appeal would soon result in her disappearing in to oblivion if she didn’t buck up.

I mean, how many times have we all read the same tweets from her:

Click here for web version of tweet.

I agree that this could just be another way for her to make money and hold on to the audience she has.

Also:

Click here for web version of tweet.

I wonder if she genuinely lives in a world where she believes this is true about her. This “it’s them, not me” mentality is why I don’t believe she has changed. The mask slips and the true Grace reveals herself for a brief moment.
courageouscrumpets
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby meg1912 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:32 pm

courageouscrumpets wrote:
meg1912 wrote:
Quite the opposite, actually. I truly think it's an act and she completely changed attitude because her subscribers were calling her out on it, like that thing with Asia.


I 100% agree.

I think this is an act / marketing ploy as the reaction to her recent attitude problems surrounding the Asia controversy which staled her growth as a YouTuber. Now that she has successfully rebranded, using this to “embrace herself” (quickest turnaround ever, btw) and I think her management have sat her down and explained that her declining appeal would soon result in her disappearing in to oblivion if she didn’t buck up.

I mean, how many times have we all read the same tweets from her:

Click here for web version of tweet.

I agree that this could just be another way for her to make money and hold on to the audience she has.

Also:

Click here for web version of tweet.

I wonder if she genuinely lives in a world where she believes this is true about her. This “it’s them, not me” mentality is why I don’t believe she has changed. The mask slips and the true Grace reveals herself for a brief moment.


Yes, you're completely right! So glad someone agrees with me as pretty much everybody's saying how she's changed for the better and I just don't see any of that :D

Have you read her latest blog post? I'm all for being confident, but I think she comes across as ridiculously full of herself. It annoys me so much when bloggers/Youtubers go on about how they're so financially stable that they can take as much time as they need to figure out what they want to do in life.

It baffles me how so may people put her on a pedestal!

Tbh, I don't even know why I still watch her videos or read her blog posts as I'm constantly rolling my eyes :rofl:
meg1912
Learner
Learner
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby Onelasttime1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am

I don't have to agree with you, this a gossip site like you said, we all have our opinions and that's how I view it.

Anyway, to the person above, you hit the nail on the head. This whole "empowering women, outgrowing people, self love" is bullshit. She's become really good at mimicking other influences like bodyposipanda but if you really look at all her tweets, you can see that she is constantly shading/ blaming other people. Someone complimented her dress on IG and said that it's flattering and she replied with "I'm still fat." :roll: like get over yourself! you could just say thank you and move on. This defensiveness about anything to do with being healthy and her bashing it straight away is NOT improvement, its obsessive and arrogance. It shows how insecure she is about herself (which is fine but don't pretend it's not the case) she's still unhealthy it's just the opposite spectrum of when she was restricting food.
Onelasttime1
Lurker
Lurker
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:28 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby supersugar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 am

AmenAmen91 wrote:
goldensnitch wrote:
supersugar wrote:Im all for body positivity but Graces size is getting out of hand. She cant keep saying things like "Just because Im fat doesn't mean Im unhealthy!" Her weight is going to catch up with her. Its because she's young that she has no issues yet. Look at this old photo
This was when she was constricting food and sticking to a (too) strict diet, so hardly think that's a fair comparison. Buy why does anyone care if she's fat or not, it's her body lol.

I bought her book and it's really opened my eyes, she has had so many issues with her body and diet etc. for her whole life. at least she has a relatively normal relationship with food for once.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I have to agree. Unfortunately.
She had a unhealthy relationship with food when she was skinny but her book goes into it more
Although bigger. I like her more weirdly.
She's much more honest than the Zoellas or Chais of the world

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


True but to be that huge now...she cant possibly have a healthy relationship with food fully
supersugar
Learner
Learner
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:10 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby Sweetnpeaceful » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 am

I can’t imagine she is gonna make an effort to get to a healthy weight while her job has become all about her basically being celebrated for being the very large size she is. She is like the polar opposite scenario of a catwalk model staying unhealthily skinny to keep their job. The difference is the fashion world changed after models started dying so now they actually tell models to gain weight or get help if they become scary skinny. But the plus size industry doesn’t seem to have a bench mark when it comes to how big a model can be for them to work with them. Look at Tess Munster she is championed as being one of the most successful “plus size” models and she is a heart attack waiting to happen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweetnpeaceful
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:38 am
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby biggossipyswampy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm

When she goes on and on about health issues and she’s always feeling poorly it becomes too much. At that point we all need to examine our diet. It’s not a matter of saying “you feel like crap because you’re fat.” For one some people, fat or fit, will suffer both mentally and physically from a high carb/sugar diet because of the wicked hormonal disturbances it can create. But with Grace and people like her, body acceptance and diet-rejection culture just turns into some anti-information and accountability freefall. It’s just replacing one brand of ignorance with another. Maybe that 21st session of reflexology will stitch her up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
biggossipyswampy
Informer
Informer
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:24 pm
Has thanked: 300 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby WitchPlease » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am

Sweetnpeaceful wrote:She is like the polar opposite scenario of a catwalk model staying unhealthily skinny to keep their job. The difference is the fashion world changed after models started dying so now they actually tell models to gain weight or get help if they become scary skinny.


Hope you don't mind, but I disagree. A lot of anorexic people are told how great they look. Which is crazy! I have heard a lot of thin ED people say how often they got compliments when they were actually incredibly ill.

Although I agree with you that it wouldn't make sense for Grace to lose weight now, because being big is such a strong part of her brand.

My opinion is, people shouldn't be scared if they gain a little weight. But they also shouldn't be scared if they want to try and lose a little too.

I think Grace is putting her health at risk, but hell, there are tonnes of unhealthy thin people out there too, and I'm not going to run around policing everyone's health. If she dies of obesity, then whatever.

Her video with Body Posi Panda really made me feel that she has the wrong attitude though. She was acting like she was so woke and self-loving, but I don't believe it. I think she's just so against 'diet culture' because she has no hopes for herself of ever losing weight. And with that attitude, she won't. BPP is awesome, but Grace just seemed so angry. She ain't woke, and she ain't happy in her body, and it's painfully obvious.
User avatar
WitchPlease
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:16 am
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: FuglyfaceofMTVisGraceFVictim Part 15

Postby courageouscrumpets » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:29 pm

WitchPlease wrote:
Sweetnpeaceful wrote:She is like the polar opposite scenario of a catwalk model staying unhealthily skinny to keep their job. The difference is the fashion world changed after models started dying so now they actually tell models to gain weight or get help if they become scary skinny.


Hope you don't mind, but I disagree. A lot of anorexic people are told how great they look. Which is crazy! I have heard a lot of thin ED people say how often they got compliments when they were actually incredibly ill.

Although I agree with you that it wouldn't make sense for Grace to lose weight now, because being big is such a strong part of her brand.

My opinion is, people shouldn't be scared if they gain a little weight. But they also shouldn't be scared if they want to try and lose a little too.

I think Grace is putting her health at risk, but hell, there are tonnes of unhealthy thin people out there too, and I'm not going to run around policing everyone's health. If she dies of obesity, then whatever.

Her video with Body Posi Panda really made me feel that she has the wrong attitude though. She was acting like she was so woke and self-loving, but I don't believe it. I think she's just so against 'diet culture' because she has no hopes for herself of ever losing weight. And with that attitude, she won't. BPP is awesome, but Grace just seemed so angry. She ain't woke, and she ain't happy in her body, and it's painfully obvious.


All of this!

I noticed last week that she responded to Lottie L’amour’s tweet about a healthy advent calendar extremely negatively and both of them were making fun of people who would buy that over a chocolate one.

It’s extremely hypocritical to me for her (and the majority of the plus-size community) to tell others to get out of their business when it comes to what they eat / their health, yet there she is criticising people who dare to choose a healthier option. She also heavily criticised weight-loss programs such as Slimming World + Weight Watchers because they’re part of the diet culture / industry and that she used to follow their program to lose weight.

As Grace has an eating disorder, the negative connotations w/ these programs are most likely because she was suffering w/ said ED. She was not only using the programs but doing harmful things like throwing-up her food or starving herself, so SW + WW did not cause her harm, that harm was self-inflicted whilst she was extremely unwell mentally + physically. I’m not saying SW + WW are without their flaws, but to discourage other women from losing weight through these programs is hypocritical and she is scare-mongering.

Grace seems to forget that fat women wanting to lose weight are not all suffering w/ the same as her. Some of us are doing it because we want to live a healthier lifestyle. The constant negativity she perpetuates around diets / weight-loss programs is alienating some of her audience, but I guess that’s cool because she’s bringing in those $$$’s by being a plus-sized gal now.
courageouscrumpets
Talker
Talker
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to UglyFaceOfBeauty
  • Advertisement