lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pixiwoo GENERAL THREAD Part 2

Post by lordofmisrule »

nardy wrote:
lordofmisrule wrote:A little rant about Sam's new video - the Emily Ratajkowski makeup using blue eye shadow. She said she went to Boots to get some blue eye shadows especially for this look. Surely, if she went through stashes of makeup which I imagine they have at the studio, she would've found some high street options, they must be sent all major brands' new releases! Also, she apologised for not buying concealer from Boots - again, I am sure she would find something affordable in her (vast I imagine) makeup collection.
Also, when she did these "day to night" looks video a couple of weeks ago, the message was clear: go and get some items from Boots/another drugstore on your lunch hour. It's basically buy buy buy more makeup. I understand if you are asked out at short notice you are not gonna have the whole makeup bag with you but most people who wear make up to work would have some product with them to touch up through out the day, and a lot of us might have a bright or black eye pencil or a bold lipstick with us somewhere at the bottom of our handbag/make up bag. It's not sustainable for an everyday person do go and just get a lot of make up only because you've found out you're going out after work.
Last, but not least, she plugged in Tanya Burr's contour stick and highlighter powder nicely :P I wonder if the whole video was made using affordable product only to endorse Tanya's line even more.
I dont think it was, though I'm glad they aren't talking about the love island yet
I am probably over suspicious these days!

deedle2038
Lurker
Lurker

Post by deedle2038 »

Dandelion wrote: I agree with you, it can be completely debilitating in a very short time if you have a severe case. And the fear will always be there if you or someone close is affected. However, not everyone experiences the worst case, and the prognosis for a rather benign course is a lot better, mainly due to early diagnosis and medication. I guess Nic's video was a bit weird, she always comes across as whiny and self-absorbed and her video wasn't very well balanced between factual information and personal sentiment.
even the not-worst-case scenario for MS (I have relapsing-remitting, one of the mildest forms of the disease) could NEVER be called benign. the medication is a nightmare and makes me feel like I have a full-on flu at least three days per week. and I was diagnosed early. also, milder forms of the disease can easily progress into more aggressive forms, and you never know if/when it will happen. sorry to be OT, but it's really hard to hear someone talk like this about MS when it's clear you haven't experienced it. I hope you never do, and I mean that.

nire
Talker
Talker

Post by nire »

Has anyone watched any of Sam's live instagram videos lately?

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

Yes. I like them. They remind me of old Sam, quieter, not forcing herself herself to talk through the tutorial or put on a fake perky act on (she's terrible at that!). However along with that comes, you guessed it, passive agressive comments galore. Like people telling her the music is too loud and they can't hear her properly. She ignores them for a while and then tones the volume down, to say 'happy now, now I can't hear the music!'. She can't help herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

Jesus they both look older since I last watched a video.

Post by Guest »

What did y'all think of her name-dropping Victoria Beckham

nardy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nardy »

They often interview famous people though, I don't find it too different. Although I haven't watched the video

Post by Guest »

Victoria seemed really bubbly and nice but the Pixiwoo sisters seemed so...idk posh and stiff

Post by Guest »

It was nice to see Victoria being relatively approachable and somewhat down-to-earth (as much as she can be), not seen her like that for years...she normally looks so superior or like she's swallowed a lemon these days so this interview made a nice change, even if it was mainly to push her products.

naturalmakeup
Debater
Debater

Post by naturalmakeup »

What annoys me about Sam in videos is that she wants to be so cool. Yes, we all know that. But the way that comes across is that she has to act so "busy." Clacking products around, looking around all the time, doing everything so quickly. She likes appearing like she's just slapping things on her face, and her way to do that is by doing the aforementioned things.

Post by Guest »

Plus she likes to seem almost disinterested and just literally tossing products about like they don’t matter, or handling things then just throwing them down so they thud with a “whatevs” attitude. They are given 99.9% of the products they use and they seem ungrateful, unlike “normal” people who have to save up for a particular item. Also on a different note, I absolutely believe Nic has had a breast reduction (Sam already had one as we know) but seems to be not open to admitting it yet. Compared to how she used to be she literally has almost no chest anymore and with the angles of her last videos with Real Techniques (literally filming herself only from the neck up and on a high angle) it appears she is trying to hide it for now. It’s very obvious if you look at her Instagram photos. Plus it’s colder in the UK now so she can hide in full coverage sweaters and such. We shall see if she makes a big dramatic video about it like Sam did. There’s nothing wrong with either of them having the procedure if it is for health reasons. Almost all the YouTubers start out seemingly as “normal” people with imperfect teeth, regular cars etc and slowly but surely as the money pours in they all get Invisalign, body mod surgeries and Botox and designer everything which puts them in another level from which they started, no longer making them relatable. I hate Gleam with a passion (no it’s not jealousy) because it basically ruined YouTubers. They all became alike.

lilys
Talker
Talker

Post by lilys »

http://i65.tinypic.com/207ssc5.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2cct4eh.jpg

My god what a defensive fucking bitch. How childish?! Isn’t she like 40??

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

lilys wrote:http://i65.tinypic.com/207ssc5.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2cct4eh.jpg

My god what a defensive fucking bitch. How childish?! Isn’t she like 40??
With all the positive comments that youtubers get I am often surprised when they go off on the small number of "negative" comments that they get, especially when they are mature women like Sam and Nic. Sam strikes me as being a super biatch in real life.

Post by Guest »

Correct me if I am mistaken, but if Nic has MS (and on medication for it), do you think that consuming alcohol would be good or bad for its effects?

Post by Guest »

Both sisters have “bragged” in videos how hungover they are on a particular filming day, I thought the newest chat with Humes was a fail (and it wasn’t Rochelle Humes fault), as Nicola was clearly hungover and gleefully said so. Remember Samantha’s “makeup for when you’re hungover and still gotta work” video? Literally that’s what it was about and she too was bragging how drunk she was and she looked atrocious. It’s immature and disgusting. It’s not something to be proud of either. Anyone catch the big book on the coffee table during the Humes chat that says “F**K You”? Nice touch ladies. Both these women have young children and are no longer in their early twenties. They seem to laugh about it. Just nasty and low class behavior IMO. Yes, one would think Nicola must be careful with her health since she has MS, but there have been a few times at least since she finally told everyone about it that she claimed she was hungover. They must think it’s cool but it certainly is not. Maybe they think now that they have money that they can just buy their way out of anything unpleasant but that is not so. Plus the Pixiwoo chats are a waste because the sisters are either a “silly mess” or trying too hard (Sam-she lets Nic take over questioning and just sits there and nods”). Stupid. Sam still desperately wants to be a supermodel, and for someone who claims that she can’t wait someday “to go dark and disappear” (she said it in a live Instagram) she really doesn’t because she is so attention hungry and needs the validation even though she claims she doesn’t (look at me I’m mysterious see I’m so dark watch me I’m so anxious as she sticks up her middle finger at us in another selfie). Her fingers are usually a scarred mess from the constant chewing on them (another thing she openly admitted). She is forty with two children and is trying to “act cool” but in actuality is a mess and it is embarrassing. Her older daughter and friends can see her mom’s videos and Instagram, so it’s kinda pathetic. Nic’s children are even younger. Sam’s older daughter did a live feed once where she was getting her makeup done by her friends and I do not know if either of her parents knew about it or not but the f word was heard many times. Yeah little girls you are so cool.
Pixiwoo are not good interviewers and got very lucky with Real Techniques and that is probably all their careers will come to. They are as good as they’re going to get right now and it’s really not special. Their book was a typical beauty book and the documentary was good but that’s it. They are only in it for the quick money (another thing Sam stated in a live feed). I think Nicola is not as self centered as Sam and realizes that everything is not all about her, she might be the better person for it. There is a reason Sam cannot stay in a relationship because the person she loves/hates most is herself. The Chapman kids had a really bad childhood and it still shows. Sam got screwed up all over again when their biological dad died and when her step dad died of cancer she scared herself into thinking she had it as well as though it’s contagious (I feel bad for her Mom on this as she just lost her other half and now her oldest daughter is pulling this crap how dare she). I have watched Pixiwoo almost since they started and have seen them change, and not all of it has been for good.

Post by Guest »

Pixiwoo probably “has not read” this post but within the last week since this post both have signed up for a charity marathon (in honor of their stepdad which is great!), Nic in her Givenchy video said the reason for her new camera look is so there’s “no trickery” in what we see and wants to appear honest, and Sam has decided to “re-engage” with social media as well as tweeting that she is making positive changes in her life after being away again. It’s interesting that these sorts of forums that YouTubers claim they don’t care about or read seem to influence them because one sees immediate changes in their actions. It’s not just Pixiwoo but SacconeJolys and Gabriella Lindley (and others) who frequently “respond” via SM and vlogs.
Just saying.
Everyone have a good weekend!

beautyineveryone
Informer
Informer

Post by beautyineveryone »

Did anyone else find it very snobby when Sam was talking about the Maybelline eyeyshadow palette?
Like I'm sure that palette isn't the greatest but there could've been a better way to say it.. maybe it's only because she said it and anything she says sounds snobby but yeah just had to mention that

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

beautyineveryone wrote:Did anyone else find it very snobby when Sam was talking about the Maybelline eyeyshadow palette?
Like I'm sure that palette isn't the greatest but there could've been a better way to say it.. maybe it's only because she said it and anything she says sounds snobby but yeah just had to mention that

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Yeah, she needs to get the fuck over herself. She was also talking shit about the sleek palette saying that because it's "emollient", it won't last as long. The last time I checked, a good cream eyeshadow "sets", but I guess she gets her rocks off squirting VB's queefs all over her face.

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

And she's using Tanya Burr's eyeliner because it's so great. Yeah right.
I do like all looks btw, but yes, she could be less snobby when talking about more affordable cosmetics, when they were first starting out on YouTube, it was all her and Nic used. She chose to use the Maybelline palette for this particular video, why be so bitchy about it?

Post by Guest »

lordofmisrule wrote:And she's using Tanya Burr's eyeliner because it's so great. Yeah right.
I do like all looks btw, but yes, she could be less snobby when talking about more affordable cosmetics, when they were first starting out on YouTube, it was all her and Nic used. She chose to use the Maybelline palette for this particular video, why be so bitchy about it?
I used to really like the Pixiwoo and Tanya Burr tutorials way back in the day before they starting shilling their own products/tools. One could actually go out and readily buy the products if one so wished. I bought my MAC 217 brush specifically b/c of Sam and Nic, still use it daily. Everything is a tacky commercial now.

Return to “Pixiwoo”