ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

doomloop
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by doomloop »

Nah, this girl doesn't have any job besides her etsy and podcast. It annoys me too that she can make money off of doing nothing basically and still have that nice apartment in central Seattle. I also forgot her stint at Starbucks. So when she's 30 her resume will read, "Starbucks, failed YouTube channel, 3 months social media manager, Etsy shop." :rofl:

The tattoo is all along her right forearm. It's big. When she mentioned getting it on the podcast I thought it would be a small delicate leaf on the outside forearm/wrist which I thought would actually be nice, plus that seems more her aesthetic. But noooo, it's a giant leaf plastered on her arm. Tattoos don't always have be so deep and serious in meaning, which she's said the leaf doesn't have that much meaning, but I'd think if you were gonna go that big it would have some significance. Tiny tattoos are usually the ones where you can get away without much meaning.

Lattekitty
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lattekitty »

That tattoo is awful! The placement is sooo awkward and I honestly thought it was just a really shitty feather until I figured out it was actually supposed to be a leaf lol.

Hollyb14
Learner
Learner

Post by Hollyb14 »

Omg her new tattoo is sooooo hideous and I feel like she's overcompensating about how much she " loves It" to make up for the fact that it's absolutely ATROCIOUS. Like, I thought it was a feather or a house centipede at first and it is just way too fucking big. She WILL get sick of it eventually I can gaurantee you that.

laurondo
Informer
Informer

Post by laurondo »

doomloop wrote:Nah, this girl doesn't have any job besides her etsy and podcast. It annoys me too that she can make money off of doing nothing basically and still have that nice apartment in central Seattle. .
Seattle is expensive af and if she's living THAT close to the space needle, it's even more expensive. If she doesn't have a proper job then Chris' job must be pretty damn good.

coldhandscoldfeet
Learner
Learner

Post by coldhandscoldfeet »

I work at Amazon and also live in Seattle. Chris has a very entry-level job. He is by no means making big bucks! Most likely getting paid hourly too.

kiakey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kiakey »

laurondo wrote:
doomloop wrote:Nah, this girl doesn't have any job besides her etsy and podcast. It annoys me too that she can make money off of doing nothing basically and still have that nice apartment in central Seattle. .
Seattle is expensive af and if she's living THAT close to the space needle, it's even more expensive. If she doesn't have a proper job then Chris' job must be pretty damn good.
I know exactly what building she lives in, it's pretty freaking expensive, since they moved up to a 1 bed instead of the studio they're paying AT LEAST $1950 a month according to the building website, and if they still have a view of the Space Needle chances are it's more, also most buildings want you to make at least 3x the rent each month to lease with out a co signer. Yeah they're close to the Amazon campus, but she works from home, and with the transit in the Seattle area being good, and improving, they could be living in a much bigger apartment, or hell at the price they're paying for rent they could get a 1bed condo or townhouse a little out of the city for about the same, if not less depending on their credit. Up until 2 months ago I was living 30 minutes out side Seattle, in a 3 bed, 2 bath apartment for less than $1600. I guess that's the price you pay when you're trying desperately to stay relevant? They're either making more than people expect, or they have some serious side hustles (etsy much?) and just scraping by.

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

kiakey wrote:
laurondo wrote:
I know exactly what building she lives in, it's pretty freaking expensive, since they moved up to a 1 bed instead of the studio they're paying AT LEAST $1950 a month according to the building website, and if they still have a view of the Space Needle chances are it's more, also most buildings want you to make at least 3x the rent each month to lease with out a co signer. Yeah they're close to the Amazon campus, but she works from home, and with the transit in the Seattle area being good, and improving, they could be living in a much bigger apartment, or hell at the price they're paying for rent they could get a 1bed condo or townhouse a little out of the city for about the same, if not less depending on their credit. Up until 2 months ago I was living 30 minutes out side Seattle, in a 3 bed, 2 bath apartment for less than $1600. I guess that's the price you pay when you're trying desperately to stay relevant? They're either making more than people expect, or they have some serious side hustles (etsy much?) and just scraping by.
She mentioned in a podcast why she doesn't want to live outside downtown Seattle. She acknowledged that people were telling her it was cheaper and they'd get more for their money if they were out of downtown, but one of the main reasons why she refuses to move is because her therapist is downtown. It's not like she'd be moving super far away, so she can take transit, but she said something about how she "needs" to walk everywhere. Then she wastes money on ubers all the time. Like you can't take a damn bus? If you're going to live in a major city, be prepared to take transit if you don't have a car (they sold theirs). That's part of city living. I don't know. People who refuse to take the bus (unless they had a genuine phobia) always rub me the wrong way.

Also, THE FUCKING SMASHBOX PR SHE GOT. UGH. Stop sending her shit!!! She quit YT almost a year ago! And what will these companies get? Shitty boomerang instragram videos of grainy snapchat swatches? I've complained about this before, and I'll complain about it again. She doesn't deserve it.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

There's so many youtubers that have been pissing me off lately with their PR crap. They get these entire collections and don't even do a video on them. Whole shade ranges of foundations and concealers, and keep the couple of shades they can use then toss the others to the side. It's such a waste when they're not even actually showing or promoting the damn products. I guess once you're on a PR list, they don't keep tabs on you, you're just on there for good.

AlexVause
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AlexVause »

I hate to admit it, but I miss this bitch's hits and shits videos. Only monthly faves I could stomach.

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust »

I actually started listening to her podcast again and she sounds like she’s in a good place. I’m really happy for her and can say I am a positive follow now. Weird to think but lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

pear022
Debater
Debater

Post by pear022 »

Can you update us at all?

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

I’m super confused. I just listened to the episode from October 10 (AIM is in the title) and they said Chris’s family came to visit them in Seattle??? Like wtf I scrolled back pretty far on both of their Twitters and Instagrams and saw no mention of this at all. I recommend this episode though—it had never occurred to me what his family’s reaction to her mental health and family issues were (seems like they tried to stay out of it), but they talk about that.

BeanQueen
Informer
Informer

Post by BeanQueen »

pear022 wrote:Can you update us at all?
Their podcast is surprisingly pretty good, if you want a decent update you can listen to the most recent episode. They talk about a bunch of different kind of stuff so it’s not just Rachel bitching about her family or her mental health though it is sometimes mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

pear022 wrote:Can you update us at all?
She seems to being doing well with her mental health. I guess quitting YouTube really was good for her because she seems happier. Her etsy has taken off and even though I shitted on it before, the food magnets do look really cute. Still, I'm annoyed that she probably wouldn't have been able to be as popular as she is if she already didn't have a following.

The podcast is alright. She's kind of annoying and says cringey jokes/puns where she's trying to be funny. They also still do stupid buzzfeed quizzes. Not sure why anyone would pay on their Patreon for that garbage content but okay.

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust »

@pear022 Sorry about leaving you hanging! This thread never gets traffic so I've been lax in checking it lol

But yeah basically everything said above. Idk she seems like she's getting out more and her therapy is going well and I really enjoyed the World Mental Health day episode they did. Idk I find her much more tolerable and endearing now that she's off YouTube. Sometimes cringe but she and Chris remind me of my fiance and I haha.

Glad she's doing well...won't pay a dime for that podcast but good on her for improving her life :D
:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

I didn't realize YouTube was draining her mental health, according to some tweets from last week. I'm all for her doing what she needs to do to get better but I'd love to hear more about that. It kind of seemed like she had just kind of given up and wanted to do something else and turned to Etsy. Money isn't everything, but I can't imagine she is getting more revenue from her Etsy shop than her YouTube channel when it was active? But yes, it does seem like she is doing better regardless, and I am happy for her on that front!

It's been 2.5 years and I'd still love to hear about what happened with the Twats, but I assume we never will. To be fair I don't know how comfortable I'd be dragging someone I know if I was "internet famous," so I understand. Just mere curiosity I guess!

I do miss when they were doing the podcast twice a week, and now it's just once. I'd feel bad for the people financially supporting the show as the benefits aren't cut in half, but oh well.

laurondo
Informer
Informer

Post by laurondo »

I saw recently on her instagram that she received a PR package from smashbox. Interesting that she no longer does youtube videos yet still gets these things??

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Once you get on those lists, I don't think they pay much attention. It's really hard to get kicked off unless you're publicly saying you hate the products or the company or something.

kittykat94
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kittykat94 »

LiddlePallid wrote:Once you get on those lists, I don't think they pay much attention. It's really hard to get kicked off unless you're publicly saying you hate the products or the company or something.
I don't think so because Kristee Vetter (StrawberryElectric48) said something in her other vlog that she used to get PR packages all the time but once she stopped uploading "beauty" videos, companies stopped sending her stuff.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

It must depend on the company. There's so many people I watch that don't do anything but show PR on snapchat for a few seconds. Young Wild and Polished gets heaps of shit sent to her on the daily and she very rarely uploads anything to youtube anymore.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”