Miss Sponsorazzi / Ingreed Nilsen General Thread Part 18

asterixobelix
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Miss Sponsorazzi / Ingreed Nilsen General Thread Part 18

Post by asterixobelix »

Her "Being Gay and Asian" video is such obnoxious clickbait. She may be those things, but outwardly she looks like the most basic of basic, totally mainstream and generic and marketable, white b****** I've ever seen, so I highly doubt she's ever truly suffered from being either of those things except when she goes around proclaiming it to get subscribers and pity party attention.

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elegantly »

asterixobelix wrote:Her "Being Gay and Asian" video is such obnoxious clickbait. She may be those things, but outwardly she looks like the most basic of basic, totally mainstream and generic and marketable, white b****** I've ever seen, so I highly doubt she's ever truly suffered from being either of those things except when she goes around proclaiming it to get subscribers and pity party attention.
What an incredibly racist thing to say about a bi-racial woman. Thanks for proving the point of her video!
Not ALL Asian people have incredibly slanted eyes and carry around chopsticks, in case you know. Plus, she's half Thai. Thai people do not look like Japanese, Chinese, or Korean people or whatever looks like an Asian in your mind. Bye!

Sunnyboosh
Informer
Informer

Post by Sunnyboosh »

elegantly wrote:
asterixobelix wrote:Her "Being Gay and Asian" video is such obnoxious clickbait. She may be those things, but outwardly she looks like the most basic of basic, totally mainstream and generic and marketable, white b****** I've ever seen, so I highly doubt she's ever truly suffered from being either of those things except when she goes around proclaiming it to get subscribers and pity party attention.
What an incredibly racist thing to say about a bi-racial woman. Thanks for proving the point of her video!
Not ALL Asian people have incredibly slanted eyes and carry around chopsticks, in case you know. Plus, she's half Thai. Thai people do not look like Japanese, Chinese, or Korean people or whatever looks like an Asian in your mind. Bye!
Yup, racist as shiiiiiiiiiit.

I must say though, I think when she gets her results she'll be 'surprised' to see some Chinese mixed in with her Thai side of the family, but that's really something to be expected. There are historically a lot of Chinese/Thai mixes and most Thai people alive today will have SOME Chinese ancestors. I think she's also likely to see a small amount of other south East Asian DNA. I don't know how specific 23andMe are with the South East Asian DNA and if they list specific countries, but if they do she may see some Myanmar/Burmese, Cambodian, Laos and maybe even some Vietnamese. That's all less certain than the Chinese though. She's also more likely to see that lactose intolerance and caffeine sensitivity that she mentioned, due to her Asian background.

As for her dad's side I imagine it'll be a much more broad European mix than she's expecting as well; likely some British, Irish, other Scandinavian countries. Maybe even some french/German/Italian/Spanish. Really both of her parents are from places where a lot of mixed ancestry is likely, I wonder if she's expecting that.

Sorry for going off topic, I'm just really interested in genetics haha.

beautyvomit
Learner
Learner

Post by beautyvomit »

Sad to say it, but she is boring and irrelevant these days.

crookedlawyer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by crookedlawyer »

Well, I signed up for an account here specifically to complain about Ingrid's travel/packing videos. She posted another one today, and yet again it's stupid. Granted, it's not nearly as bad as the old ones, but she's still giving terrible effing advice. This time she casually pops an opaque bag with a bunch of cremes and liquids into her carry-on tote bag along with two pouches of applesauce -- also liquids. At least the Anya Hindmarch bag she used to show all the time was clear -- even if it wasn't actually TSA compliant for being too big. Then she shows her skincare bag, with a bunch of products that are too big to take on a plane and the bag is, yet again, opaque. Maybe she's checking and not just carrying on? Who knows. I also had to giggle when she talked about bringing her toothbrush on the plane, saying "I know they give you a toothbrush and toothpaste in that little kit, but I like to bring my own toothbrush and just use the toothpaste." Yeah -- that's a business/first class amenities kit. Way to be in touch with your average viewer. I'm sure they're all flying first class.

Another improvement -- she now says she doesn't wear makeup on flights. In one of her old videos she recommended powder foundation. You know, totally reasonable for one of the most dehydrating environments in existence.

At least this one wasn't sponsored, though it's still completely bonkers.

Post by Guest »

crookedlawyer wrote:Well, I signed up for an account here specifically to complain about Ingrid's travel/packing videos. She posted another one today, and yet again it's stupid. Granted, it's not nearly as bad as the old ones, but she's still giving terrible effing advice. This time she casually pops an opaque bag with a bunch of cremes and liquids into her carry-on tote bag along with two pouches of applesauce -- also liquids. At least the Anya Hindmarch bag she used to show all the time was clear -- even if it wasn't actually TSA compliant for being too big. Then she shows her skincare bag, with a bunch of products that are too big to take on a plane and the bag is, yet again, opaque. Maybe she's checking and not just carrying on? Who knows. I also had to giggle when she talked about bringing her toothbrush on the plane, saying "I know they give you a toothbrush and toothpaste in that little kit, but I like to bring my own toothbrush and just use the toothpaste." Yeah -- that's a business/first class amenities kit. Way to be in touch with your average viewer. I'm sure they're all flying first class.

Another improvement -- she now says she doesn't wear makeup on flights. In one of her old videos she recommended powder foundation. You know, totally reasonable for one of the most dehydrating environments in existence.

At least this one wasn't sponsored, though it's still completely bonkers.
Seriously though, how in the hell do these YouTubers get away with their liquids bags?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crookedlawyer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by crookedlawyer »

katelifinell wrote:Seriously though, how in the hell do these YouTubers get away with their liquids bags?!
I think they don't. But I guess they think the video looks better if they can show off their $200 Anya Hindmarch pouch instead of saying "Well, here's my quart-size Ziploc baggie." There's so much actually useful information they could share -- like, at Heathrow, you have to put all your shit in their proprietary Heathrow plastic baggie or they'll unpack your entire damn suitcase after it goes through the scanner.

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

I got the little kit with toothpaste, toothbrush, socks and an eyemask and I flew economy. Although, like Ingrid I would prefer to use my own. The toothpaste looks sketchy. They only give those out on flights that are overnight ones for domestic flights. Maybe it depends on the airlines? They seem to be common on overseas flights that are 10+ hours long.

chelsealand
Informer
Informer

Post by chelsealand »

... who is she targeting now that she is single? :D

crookedlawyer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by crookedlawyer »

I fly international a ton for work -- I've never gotten an amenities kit in coach. There may be domestic flights where they're handed out. I don't actually brush my teeth on planes because I think the bathrooms are so gross I don't want to be in them any longer than absolutely necessary.

sailor_mars
Informer
Informer

Post by sailor_mars »

I'm hating her hair length, the way she tucks it behind her ears, everything about it, it just looks so flat and dead and brings her down. I was loving her length before with the long bob!
https://hooktube.com/
Public service announcement:
USE HOOKTUBE TO WATCH ALL YOUTUBER’S WITHOUT GIVING THEM A VIEW!

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elegantly »

chelsealand wrote:... who is she targeting now that she is single? :D
No idea, and I've been lurking. If she is targeting someone, she's doing it off social media.

Jolteon
Talker
Talker

Post by Jolteon »

crookedlawyer wrote:I fly international a ton for work -- I've never gotten an amenities kit in coach. There may be domestic flights where they're handed out. I don't actually brush my teeth on planes because I think the bathrooms are so gross I don't want to be in them any longer than absolutely necessary.
That doesn't mean that they don't, though. I think it just depends on the airlines. When I flew internationally it was economy and they offered amenities like eye mask/earplugs/toothbrush/toothpaste/lip balm/slippers/etc. It wasn't just for business class. So it does happen.

the_nomad
Informer
Informer

Post by the_nomad »

I feel so bad for Ingrid's dog. She's traveling again. Why did she adopt a dog if she wouldn't be home most of the time. Pets are a lot of work and if it didn't work out with Nugget the first time then I don't understand why she thought a dog would be easier to care for when it's quite the opposite...

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

the_nomad wrote:I feel so bad for Ingrid's dog. She's traveling again. Why did she adopt a dog if she wouldn't be home most of the time. Pets are a lot of work and if it didn't work out with Nugget the first time then I don't understand why she thought a dog would be easier to care for when it's quite the opposite...
Me too. She's probably been home a total of two weeks since the spring. I've even wondered if she still has the dog since she doesn't show it anymore whenever she returns briefly to LA. She doesn't seem to pass up any travel opportunity at all.

I don't get why she'd do this when she witnessed Hannah having to rehome her dog since she was rarely there to care for it.

Sunnyboosh
Informer
Informer

Post by Sunnyboosh »

Jolteon wrote:
crookedlawyer wrote:I fly international a ton for work -- I've never gotten an amenities kit in coach. There may be domestic flights where they're handed out. I don't actually brush my teeth on planes because I think the bathrooms are so gross I don't want to be in them any longer than absolutely necessary.
That doesn't mean that they don't, though. I think it just depends on the airlines. When I flew internationally it was economy and they offered amenities like eye mask/earplugs/toothbrush/toothpaste/lip balm/slippers/etc. It wasn't just for business class. So it does happen.
Every single time I've been on a long haul international flight (6-7 hrs+) I've been given a toothbrush and toothpaste. I always fly economy and I can think of at least 5 different airlines that this has been on. I do these long haul flights several times a year as well so it's not like I'm misremembering (I even have a couple of the bags that I've kept from previous flights hahaha- they have sleep masks, lip balms, etc too so can be really handy for travelling with and I travel a lot!). It's definitely not just a business/first class thing. Some of these are budget airlines too, so it must just be a short haul vs long haul thing.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Sunnyboosh wrote:
Every single time I've been on a long haul international flight (6-7 hrs+) I've been given a toothbrush and toothpaste. I always fly economy and I can think of at least 5 different airlines that this has been on. I do these long haul flights several times a year as well so it's not like I'm misremembering (I even have a couple of the bags that I've kept from previous flights hahaha- they have sleep masks, lip balms, etc too so can be really handy for travelling with and I travel a lot!). It's definitely not just a business/first class thing. Some of these are budget airlines too, so it must just be a short haul vs long haul thing.
Interesting. I'd like to know what airlines those are. I've also flown trans-continentally several times and I've never been given an amenities kit. The airlines I've flown include Alitalia/Delta, British Airways, Israir (doesn't exist anymore, but we were just given slippers), BMI (doesn't exist anymore), Icelandair, Scandinavian Airways, and Virgin Atlantic.

crookedlawyer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by crookedlawyer »

fossilfinger wrote:Interesting. I'd like to know what airlines those are. I've also flown trans-continentally several times and I've never been given an amenities kit. The airlines I've flown include Alitalia/Delta, British Airways, Israir (doesn't exist anymore, but we were just given slippers), BMI (doesn't exist anymore), Icelandair, Scandinavian Airways, and Virgin Atlantic.
Me too. I fly Delta/Air France/KLM, American/British, and United/Lufthansa on the regular between North America and Europe and North America and South America. Diddly.

I know the service on the Middle Eastern and Asian airlines is world-renowned, but I flew Qatar roundtrip not long ago between Philadelphia and Doha and still -- no amenities kit.

Regardless, my bigger beef remains the misleading information about traveling with liquids.

mustlovedogs
Learner
Learner

Post by mustlovedogs »

EDITED FOR VIOLATING RULE 1.b. PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

Let's get back on topic.
This thread is not about appropriate flight toiletries, it's about Ingrid. Should those going off topic continue to do so, they will receive formal warnings.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”