Coccinelle
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The truth about Ingrid Nilsen...

Post by Coccinelle »

l'enqueteur wrote:
lullabybird wrote:in small classes you're bound to know. same with me at my college. back in high school everybody would turn their heads too when the tests were handed out right? same now. plus what do you do when people ask you what you got on the test? nobody screams: "i'm not telling you!!" and runs off...
I went to a small high school, my graduating class was only 35 students (not including those who graduated by proxy). We never had any of that, even in my Physics class when there was only 4 of us. Exams were handed out with the grades on the final page--or on an additional page stapled in--so that nobody but you could see it. And even then nobody really bothered to ask each other what they got. I'm starting to wonder what went on in everybody elses high school...haha some of the things that other people talk about happening is so foreign to me!
When I was in high school a lot of professors read the grades out loud before giving us back the papers. So everybody knew. Or they had the papers sorted by grades (from the highest to the lowest) so if you got your paper first the whole class knew you got the best grade. So, yeah...we knew each others grades. But that was in high school. That said - no one ever got bullied from others about grades. No one cared about that.

lululu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lululu »

Where is the insider??

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I think when Ingrid says she's not a serial dater, she means it in the dates and hookups sense, where as what the insider is saying is that she just goes from boyfriend to boyfriend. Like I have a friend who hasn't been single for more than like a month and a half since she was 17 (now 22) but has only been with 4 boys. 4 boys over 5 years is not a lot especially when comparing to some peers.

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

Maybe the insider doesn't want to share anymore gossip about Ingrid because she saw the Dear YouTube video. Or there's another reasonable explanation - she's got stuff to do. However, I continue to be very curious about these claims Ingrid made about school...

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

On the Pacific Coast it's only 11:30. She may be busy. I'm only on because I have the day off, or I would be busy with other stuff. I think she'll be back.

mirrorball
Informer
Informer

Post by mirrorball »

Though disappointed, I'm really not surprised that Ingrid is kind of a fraud. I used to love her old videos when she lived with her mom, but lately (since she's moved into her apartment) her videos are becoming more and more like Elle's. It really threw me off when she started dating Luke and making the daily vlogs of her acting COMPLETELY different than in her beauty videos. I'm not expecting her to act exactly the same, but it was like watching a completely different person! It's hard for me to watch her videos now because she seems extremely fake (creepy big smiles). She acts like Bethany (macbarbie07) while getting a lot of her video ideas from Elle.

I think the only honest guru is Allison (amarixe). If she ends up being a fraud, I'm losing all hope lol. But in the end, its only Youtube after all.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

mirrorball wrote:I think the only honest guru is Allison (amarixe). If she ends up being a fraud, I'm losing all hope lol. But in the end, its only Youtube after all.
Have you seen essiebutton? A Canadian living in England. Love her, you really should check her out if you think Allison is the only honest one left.

missbjork
Learner
Learner

Post by missbjork »

So all this talk about university address vs. old address and roommates... just lies? How weird.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

missbjork wrote:

So all this talk about university address vs. old address and roommates... just lies? How weird.
Oh my god. I didn't see her hands until 2:10. They're not flailing around in this video! So calm. Why is she not calm anymore? I miss calm Ingrid.

Meowface
Talker
Talker

Post by Meowface »

missbjork wrote:

her eyes were darting all over the place

"She is such a great girl"*eyes dart to left*
"So this was a really fun swap to do" *eyes dart to left*
"Especially for my first swap" *again with the shifty eyes*
.. weird!!

mirrorball
Informer
Informer

Post by mirrorball »

ShortOne wrote:
mirrorball wrote:I think the only honest guru is Allison (amarixe). If she ends up being a fraud, I'm losing all hope lol. But in the end, its only Youtube after all.
Have you seen essiebutton? A Canadian living in England. Love her, you really should check her out if you think Allison is the only honest one left.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check her out.

Meowface
Talker
Talker

Post by Meowface »

mirrorball wrote:
ShortOne wrote: Have you seen essiebutton? A Canadian living in England. Love her, you really should check her out if you think Allison is the only honest one left.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check her out.
Essie is amazing!!

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

All hail the insider!
:hail:

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

missbjork wrote:

no, i believe it was clarified that after community college, ingrid got into a 4 year college in san francisco. but she didn't finish school there. she only went for one semester then left and came back to LA.

the_insider: you said she got decent grades. how did she end up in a community college? and did she actually swim in high school or was that a lie also?

i realize now that her older videos that showed a nervous timid ingrid was just an ingrid that was lying left and right. no wonder she looked so uncomfortable. then when she ditched her real friends and made youtube her main thing, she started to get more comfortable with her pretend life. then once nextup came along, she's so deep into the lies that she's beyond comfortable telling them now. i seriously wonder if joey and luke know her real story and if they don't, would they still be her friend and boyfriend respectively. some of you guys felt bad for allison because ingrid ditched her. but good riddance allison got away. and fleur, i wonder if she knows the truth. i wonder if everything she told fleur to become good friends with her were real. like the whole coinciding birthdays thing between the families.

lolalish
Informer
Informer

Post by lolalish »

i think she lied about having an ulcer just to get out of vlog year...she just uploaded this picture! how can someone with such a serious ulccer condition that had pre-cancer cells eat this?

roro
Learner
Learner

Post by roro »

lolalish wrote:i think she lied about having an ulcer just to get out of vlog year...she just uploaded this picture! how can someone with such a serious ulccer condition that had pre-cancer cells eat this?

now I'm hungry, thanks haha

helloparis
Informer
Informer

Post by helloparis »

@lolalish Whatever that is, it looks pretty delicious. :lol: Some sort of breakfast plate?

I think Ingrid/Luke seriously exaggerated the whole "ulcer" thing. By adding "precancerous" to the story, this blew up the whole entire minion population, and they knew it. I agree that Ingrid wanted an excuse to end Vlogyear (rarely do you EVER see a YouTuber be able to upload a video EVERY DAY. Why Ingrid even proposed the idea of Vlogyear is a mystery to me) but this also gave her a reason to be lazy and not upload as frequently or look put together in videos. And I hate it when minions STILL bring up the "ulcer" excuse. Please. I got to say, Ingrid manipulates her subscribers (and even some of us) very well.

I hope the_insider comes back! :halo: I love that Gossip Girl reference that someone posted earlier! (Sorry, I forgot your name!)

CINDERELLA
Learner
Learner

Post by CINDERELLA »

lullabybird wrote:nobody screams: "i'm not telling you!!" and runs off...
LOL. what lullabybird said.

schools across the country are going to be different lol. i don't see what's so important about discussing this anyway. it's not even the biggest or most significant thing about this whole matter.

besides i think that she probably did get bullied, even if it's just a little bit, when she was much younger.

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

I was on the verge of an ulcer last year, and what I got was severe pain if I didn't eat. Mine was due to stress though, but still. My doctor never told me to change my odd eating. Maybe he's a bad doctor lol. I also don't eat as bad as she does.

CINDERELLA
Learner
Learner

Post by CINDERELLA »

Kleineganz wrote:to me watching people's vlogs are like a form of low-budget reality tv and I watch it for pure entertainment. Whether or not these allegations about Ingrid are true or not, it's not going to make me stop watching.
took the words right out of my mouth!

as a matter of fact...if they are true, the vlogs would be even more interesting.
i'll pretend i'm a psychologist and analyze her behavior LOL.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”