• Advertisement

Gurus quitting

Re: Gurus quitting

Postby creepy waifu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:46 pm

girliegirl wrote:cityandmakeup. Not sure if she officially quit youtube...but she just kind of disappeared. I liked her :(

I think she's over Youtube. Last I heard, she landed an interior designer job and was planning her wedding. She did well for herself outside of Youtube, I guess.
creepy waifu
Wallflower
Wallflower

Advertisement

Postby BornThisWay94 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Melissa, or makeupbymel. Technically yes, she still has her channel but she rarely if ever uploads anymore and when she does, it's usually kind of boring or more of a vlog type video. Back in 2009/2010 I loved her because I thought she had a great personality and was really funny, plus, she was the one that introduced me to Lush Cosmetics and got me hooked. She used to do Lush hauls all the time, clothing and makeup hauls, and also did funny vlogs on a side account.

All of her old, good videos that I loved when I was younger are either private or completely gone. Her vlog channel is also gone. She says she's more focused on her blog, but, ehhh :| I guess I just miss the old Youtube days when people were more real
Image ImageImage
BornThisWay94
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby comebackseason » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 am

Is that fafinette or whatever woman still around?
comebackseason
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby emmesanta » Sun May 14, 2017 12:43 pm

I haven't paid attention to gurus since like 2013. Did Michelle Phan quit making tutorials?
emmesanta
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby style savvy » Mon May 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Does anyone remember Gbonita3795? She made videos forever ago from her bathroom and had a huge mac /lush collection. She just randomly stopped making videos but all her old ones are still there.
style savvy
Learner
Learner

Postby simplycourt11 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:56 pm

comebackseason wrote:Is that fafinette or whatever woman still around?

I miss her to this day!!
If I recall she went to nursing school and that's why she stopped making vids. But I found her IG and she's a makeup artist now?
IG: http://instagram.com/aubreykaye
On the "about me" section of her website it says nothing about YouTube. Hmm.
simplycourt11
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Justalkin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Rhaea Estelle & iheartmakeup92. Rhaea occasionally posts on instagram even telling her followers she'll come back to youtube but never does. Liz from iheartmakeup92 took a break from yt but looks like she probably is done with her channel.
Justalkin
Debater
Debater

Postby Raven_nevermore » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Justalkin wrote:Rhaea Estelle & iheartmakeup92. Rhaea occasionally posts on instagram even telling her followers she'll come back to youtube but never does. Liz from iheartmakeup92 took a break from yt but looks like she probably is done with her channel.

Why did rhea quit? She was on her way to being he next big bg. And before YouTube she worked at a drugstore so what does she do now? Why would she want to go back to that?
Raven_nevermore
Learner
Learner

Postby Justalkin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:55 pm

Raven_nevermore wrote:
Why did rhea quit? She was on her way to being he next big bg. And before YouTube she worked at a drugstore so what does she do now? Why would she want to go back to that?

She quit because she couldn't handle the hate comments on her channel. I frankly never saw the hate she was talking about that got to her, but it's a shame she quit. She was definitely blowing up. I have no idea what she does now but it's possible she still works at a store. She posts occasionally on her IG but that's about it.
Justalkin
Debater
Debater

Postby Layla0606 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Justalkin wrote:
Raven_nevermore wrote:

She quit because she couldn't handle the hate comments on her channel. I frankly never saw the hate she was talking about that got to her, but it's a shame she quit. She was definitely blowing up. I have no idea what she does now but it's possible she still works at a store. She posts occasionally on her IG but that's about it.

that girl is stunning, if I was her I would have tried modelling for sure
Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Justalkin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Layla0606 wrote:

She tried to but it never took off because of her height. She's probably about 5 foot 2 if i rememeber correctly. She still does photoshoots with a photographer named Destiny Ezurs but I'm not sure if she did other modeling. I agree she was really stunning. Definitely looked like a Victoria's Secret model.
Justalkin
Debater
Debater

Postby Layla0606 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:53 am

Justalkin wrote:
Layla0606 wrote:

She tried to but it never took off because of her height. She's probably about 5 foot 2 if i rememeber correctly. She still does photoshoots with a photographer named Destiny Ezurs but I'm not sure if she did other modeling. I agree she was really stunning. Definitely looked like a Victoria's Secret model.

she went downhill looking at her recent insta photos though, I really can't stand this plastic doll-like fake alien look with overcontoured everything :roll: :roll: such a shame. if anyone, she really wouldn't need all this makeup
Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Justalkin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:19 pm

IMO she still looks the same to me. But hey kudos to her for not relying on a youtube career to get her ahead.
Justalkin
Debater
Debater

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Beauty Guru General Discussion
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge