Macbarbie07 General Thread

HeyKatie
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macbarbie07 General Thread

Post by HeyKatie »

I went to check it out today some of the stuff is really cute, I just wish I could pull off crop tops

brahbrah
Learner
Learner

Post by brahbrah »

kpgirl wrote:Is it just me or she didn't promote some stuff to her spring clothing line she mention she would?
http://m.etonline.com/fashion/143057_Be ... hing_Line/
In this video she mention a army green top, wedges, and a bralette+skirt set which I haven't seen in the store (yeah I went to aero today to check out her line)
damn! I really liked that set I hope I can find it :/

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Pats1stdown
Learner
Learner

Post by Pats1stdown »

kpgirl wrote:Is it just me or she didn't promote some stuff to her spring clothing line she mention she would?
http://m.etonline.com/fashion/143057_Be ... hing_Line/
In this video she mention a army green top, wedges, and a bralette+skirt set which I haven't seen in the store (yeah I went to aero today to check out her line)
They should really edit that article. They spelled her name wrong almost throughout the whole article.

tinyblue
Informer
Informer

Post by tinyblue »

hereiamagain wrote:This picture from her Teen Vogue shoot makes her look like a drug addict. Do not like.

I actually kind of like that it looks nothing like her. Its an edgier side that we've never seen before, and I prefer it to her normal girly side. I looked online at her collection, and I like her winter one way more. Nothing really jumped out at me in this one.

lalalove_
Learner
Learner

Post by lalalove_ »

I watch Bethany when I just need something to watch, her style is nothing special to me and her outfits aren't anything I would personally wear. But she does seem like such a sweetheart & I'm so surprised and happy for how much success she's gotten!
I didn't even know she was doing TV appearances. She's on TeenVogue, I hear her name on the radio, and just yesterday went to the mall and saw her name all over the front of Aeropostale with her pictures blown up everywhere. The fact that she started so young (and is still young!) and has gotten so much more success out of youtube than half the Youtubers I watch makes me feel proud of her. She's definitely taking use of all of the opportunities that are thrown her way, which she should. There are people out there who have great opportunities but just sit on them, so I'm glad she's taking advantage of her success. She seems like a hard-worker and a go-getter and although I personally don't look up to her as a "fashion icon", I am so happy for everything she's doing, because if that was me I would totally be living the dream!

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

lalalove_ wrote:I watch Bethany when I just need something to watch, her style is nothing special to me and her outfits aren't anything I would personally wear. But she does seem like such a sweetheart & I'm so surprised and happy for how much success she's gotten!
I didn't even know she was doing TV appearances. She's on TeenVogue, I hear her name on the radio, and just yesterday went to the mall and saw her name all over the front of Aeropostale with her pictures blown up everywhere. The fact that she started so young (and is still young!) and has gotten so much more success out of youtube than half the Youtubers I watch makes me feel proud of her. She's definitely taking use of all of the opportunities that are thrown her way, which she should. There are people out there who have great opportunities but just sit on them, so I'm glad she's taking advantage of her success. She seems like a hard-worker and a go-getter and although I personally don't look up to her as a "fashion icon", I am so happy for everything she's doing, because if that was me I would totally be living the dream!
It's also probably helpful that she didn't take any sponsorships like ipsy it whatever. It's smart that she waited until better came along.

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

A few thoughts about Bethany:

-She's (or whoever is advising her) been very smart about her decisions in YouTube and outside of YouTube.

-Her editing, channel, style has improved over the years, unlike most beauty gurus which have only declined in creativity, content and skills.

-It's an advantage that she's still young and she can relate to teenagers, which is her target audience and it's where the money's at. Older gurus are trying too hard to stay relatable and they end up looking ridiculous and out of place.

-She's very into social media which is a pretty big thing but I really haven't heard a major "scandal" or "gossip" about her like what happened to meghanheartsmakeup or others, so that's good.

-I'm so glad she hasn't taken on doing daily vlogs! I hope she doesn't and that she stays somewhat "private" in between all that's going on for her. I think that's very important.

-She's managed to remain humble throughout her deals with important companies, unlike Michelle Phan i.e., and she's always thanking her subscribers and doing giveaways and taking pictures with them, most of the gurus in the YT community just sit and film videos in their rooms and don't branch out or connect with subscribers, not even a "thank you" is given in some cases.

Bethany might be childish sometimes but I think she's just milking the teenage years as much as possible because she knows she'll grow up pretty fast and it won't be the same. She's creating her fanbase now so that it will follow her int he future and that's smart.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Oubliette wrote:A few thoughts about Bethany:

-She's (or whoever is advising her) been very smart about her decisions in YouTube and outside of YouTube.

-Her editing, channel, style has improved over the years, unlike most beauty gurus which have only declined in creativity, content and skills.

-It's an advantage that she's still young and she can relate to teenagers, which is her target audience and it's where the money's at. Older gurus are trying too hard to stay relatable and they end up looking ridiculous and out of place.

-She's very into social media which is a pretty big thing but I really haven't heard a major "scandal" or "gossip" about her like what happened to meghanheartsmakeup or others, so that's good.

-I'm so glad she hasn't taken on doing daily vlogs! I hope she doesn't and that she stays somewhat "private" in between all that's going on for her. I think that's very important.

-She's managed to remain humble throughout her deals with important companies, unlike Michelle Phan i.e., and she's always thanking her subscribers and doing giveaways and taking pictures with them, most of the gurus in the YT community just sit and film videos in their rooms and don't branch out or connect with subscribers, not even a "thank you" is given in some cases.

Bethany might be childish sometimes but I think she's just milking the teenage years as much as possible because she knows she'll grow up pretty fast and it won't be the same. She's creating her fanbase now so that it will follow her int he future and that's smart.
Definitely agree. This is 100000% true!

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

http://www.businessinsider.com/haul-tee ... 4-1?page=1

This is a newer article about Bethany that Michael Buckley just posted on facebook. I don't know if it's been posted here before, but it has some interesting info about how much she may be making (an estimated 6-10% of Aero sales from her line and a minimum of $40k a month from youtube videos), and it's well written and interesting in general. I didn't know that her manager also works for Lauren Conrad - I think that could definitely work in Bethany's favor. She's had a pretty lasting career and seems to have grown up to be sensible with money.

The only thing that concerns me is that her dad declined to comment about if he gets paid to help mange his daughter, because I don't think that it's right for parents to make money off of their kids. Bethany seems to have a good head on her shoulders and a good family behind her, but in hollywood the 'momager' (or i this case 'dadager') roles usually just end up with the parents not parenting because they just want to make money off of their kids. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to her. :?

lac
Debater
Debater

Post by lac »

Maybe some of her money goes to the dad/the family in general because her parents have to take time off work to travel with her? I hope so anyways.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

I don't think there's anything with her dad managing her. He has done a good job so far. It's common for startlets to have their parent manage them because it keeps more money in the family, opposed to hiring someone else to do it.

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu »

Don't know if someones already posted this but apparently Bethany's going to a Youtube Meet and Greet in Mumbai.
She's really spreading her wings and getting more involved in Youtube events lately. I wonder if that's more her decision now that's she's 18 and her parent's just didn't feel comfortable with it letting her before...

[youtube][/youtube]

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

blameitonthealtitude wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/haul-tee ... 4-1?page=1

This is a newer article about Bethany that Michael Buckley just posted on facebook. I don't know if it's been posted here before, but it has some interesting info about how much she may be making (an estimated 6-10% of Aero sales from her line and a minimum of $40k a month from youtube videos), and it's well written and interesting in general. I didn't know that her manager also works for Lauren Conrad - I think that could definitely work in Bethany's favor. She's had a pretty lasting career and seems to have grown up to be sensible with money.

The only thing that concerns me is that her dad declined to comment about if he gets paid to help mange his daughter, because I don't think that it's right for parents to make money off of their kids. Bethany seems to have a good head on her shoulders and a good family behind her, but in hollywood the 'momager' (or i this case 'dadager') roles usually just end up with the parents not parenting because they just want to make money off of their kids. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen to her. :?
I would be concerned too. However, since he is keeping hush it might mean his intentions are different. With Lindsey Lohan and Kim K you KNOW that their moms are/were their managers. They always talked about as if it made them special and they deserved more because of it. It never even occurred to me that her dad would be her "dadager." I'd imagine Bethany would want to pay her dad. I would if my dad was my manager.

maimai
Learner
Learner

Post by maimai »

blameitonthealtitude wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/haul-tee ... 4-1?page=1

i don't think this is the case in this situation. i'm sure her parents get something...but i would think it's more a matter of keeping it in the family. i don't think they're pimping her out for their own benefit. they're just the best people to do the job.

hanabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by hanabanana »

heyy it's not like they're pressuring her to get naked for playboy or anything! :D So far it seems that they've done a fantastic job(i mean look at her success now) so i don't see a problem with it at all

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Worldofchances2giveu wrote:Don't know if someones already posted this but apparently Bethany's going to a Youtube Meet and Greet in Mumbai.
She's really spreading her wings and getting more involved in Youtube events lately. I wonder if that's more her decision now that's she's 18 and her parent's just didn't feel comfortable with it letting her before...

[youtube][/youtube]
That's really cool. I'm jealous she gets to travel so much. I really hope she realizes how fortunate she is and how incredible of an opportunity it is to get to see other countries.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

I don't really know much about this girl, tbh, I think she is too young to appeal to me and I'm not really a fan of the all the squeeky clean american gurus. I've watched the odd video here and there,nothing substantial but all of a sudden these past few weeks I've seen her in tons of magazines and new articles claiming she's over promoting consumerism to young girls and is a bad role model earning millions from sitting in her bedroom.

So I checked her out a bit more and I actually think she comes across incredible well, there are ALOT of hauls in there, but she seems to be alot more productive in actually putting them in lookbooks and tutorials than alot of other girls out there. Her production quality in her videos is top notch (I don't know whether she does this herself but even if she hires someone she's still putting effort to actually film on a regular basis) she seems pretty squeeky clean and doesn't seem to promote any outrageous behaviour in videos and I can't really find any scandals. Overall, she seems alot more hardworking than many other youtubers who just put up a tag video every other week and vlog themselves constantly at nandos. So what is actually wrong with her minus her rather ludicrous spending?

hanabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by hanabanana »

EmKareBear
Learner
Learner

Post by EmKareBear »

People need to realize that she's an actress. Her "changing personality" is nothing more than her managers and business helpers telling her to act a certain way so that the view keep coming in. And they are, it's working. The reason she sounds different in interviews is that she's putting on less of a show, and showing her actual nature. But everything she does on camera is pre arranged through her team. There's no way a 18 year old girl with no background in business administration could run an entire clothing line, company and youtube channel with more than 5 million subscribers. Open your eyes people.
The question is, how long the success last? At this rate, she'll be set for life.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

In the comments section of that article, people are talking about not being able to meet her unless they "had good grades" or were wearing her clothing line. That seems sketchy.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”