ilikeweylie Part 2

Curious cat
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: ilikeweylie Part 2

Post by Curious cat »

I just watched the new wahlie vlog and... She is still feeding the dogs with the same food, even when the vet recommended the royal cannin diet for Money...! I don't understand why is she doing this, is dangerous for the dogs and they are already ill...

Lingling-blingbling
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lingling-blingbling »

Curious cat wrote:I just watched the new wahlie vlog and... She is still feeding the dogs with the same food, even when the vet recommended the royal cannin diet for Money...! I don't understand why is she doing this, is dangerous for the dogs and they are already ill...
I agree... She's like "Navi seems to have no appetite!" Well yes!! Navi not eating it is probably saying something.

peachypeachy
Talker
Talker

Post by peachypeachy »

takoyaki wrote:
ihatekale wrote:
takoyaki wrote:
ihatekale wrote:
takoyaki wrote:Then you really need to word things better! Your post sounds like you're insulting other types of Cantonese accents. What did you mean by "thinks he's sooooo fluent when in fact his accent is worse than small village dialect" then? It really sounds like you are saying that someone with a small village dialect is not fluent and having an accent 'below' a small village dialect is even more not fluent. Yes, it's true that they are not fluent in Cantonese (or English even) but when you compare it to a small village dialect, and say it's worse than a small village dialect it makes it sound like you are insulting that.
Again, I don’t have a problem with dialects. I know people who are native Hong kongers that have accent because they are from the less metro areas. What I mean by that sentence is he thinks his Cantonese *accent* can blend in with native Hong Kong speakers when in fact, his accent is very noticeable and others can point it out easily. His accent is more noticeable than small village dialect speakers speaking cantonese in a formal setting. There are people who grow up speaking dialect Cantonese at home but can snap out of it and speak in an accent less way when they’re out just so to avoid discrimination. Heck, my parents were worried that my Cantonese would become accented when I was taking Mandarin classes but it’s helpful to know both. Dialect Cantonese speakers I know don’t identify their language as Cantonese bc they take pride in their culture and want to keep the tradition(the older folks). Wah over here thinks he’s all high and mighty bragging his “perfect” Cantonese to reel in the Cantonese viewers->more $$.

Side note, I feel as though this sudden pride and identification of his chinese heritage stemmed from hanging out with Silas, who is a native Hong Konger, and wah is trying so hard to be like Silas. Yknow, from photography to HK culture.

Maybe I could’ve worded my comment better, but I’m just ranting about my discontent of this YouTube boyfriend and couldn’t care less to analyze and support my every thought so I’m done with this topic.
I just want to preface this: I am not defending Wah, I hate Wah. I think Wah is a stupid piece of s*** and Weylie needs to dump his ass.

That being said, we has he ever said that he thinks his Cantonese accent can blend in with native Hong Kong speakers? That is not a rhetorical question, please link any video and time stamp of him implying that. Weylie's Cantonese is much better than Wah's and even she has admitted that she is not fluent. Wah doesn't know a lot of vocab and his accent is bad and I am sure I remember him offhandedly mentioning that whenever he messes up words or sentences in Canto.

I agree with you about Wah (and Weylie) identifying too much with Hong Kong and yes, maybe it's intensified because of Silas. I think they both want to identify with HK because it's a big city, a metropolis and is where TVB is so of course they'd rather identify with that than the Guangdong countryside that Wah's family is from (remember he visited his uncle in a Guangdong countryside? and he even stuck up his nose and said he missed Hong Kong and was so glad to go back to Hong Kong after being in Guangdong for a couple of days). But this has NOTHING to do with his accent. This has to do with Wah being a stuck up dickhead. It's the same for American cities with him. Weylie has mentioned that he would rather be in ~DTLA~ living that lifestyle than moving to Weylie's house in the suburbs but of course he has to follow his sugar momma.

Pointing out his voice is not very HK, I really can't see the point of that except indirectly implying something negative about non-HK accents. It's not like anyone's pointing out that his accent was not San Fran-style enough so he shouldn't identify with San Fran or his accent isn't LA enough so he shouldn't love living in LA, right? I think this is a sensitive issue but we all at least agree that identifying with HK when he doesn't know ANYTHING about HK and only identifies with HK for superficial reasons.
First of all, I apologize if I sound mean but I'm seriously over having to defend every sentence. This is a Weylie/(sometimes Wah) discussion so why in the hell would I want to bring suggested discrimination of OTHERS into it? That was never my intention nor did it ever cross my mind. I feel like you’re reading way too into it and overanalyzing/misinterpreting my words. I brought it up because he was so proud to flaunt his "HK cantonese" from the slangs he picked up while watching TVB drama that they even started a Cantonese channel to push for the Cantonese views. I mean I can point out that his English accent/usage isn’t very good either, but it’s not like he’s trying to be a “born and raised” San Franciscan right now.
Again, where the hell does he flaunt his slangs? And what's the big deal about using HK slang from TVB dramas? I'm sure Wah and Weylie learned most of thier cantonese from HK dramas so it's not a surprise that the picked up cantonese slang but retained their accent from however their parents taught them. So what's the big deal if they use HK slang? Do they need an HK passport to use HK slang? That's ridiculous. And a lot of people use American slang or even to be very specific, LA slang and they're not from America or LA.

Again, I am not trying to defend Wah in particular but i think what you are saying is totally out of range. Never once did Wah pretend he was born and raised in HK. In fact, he seems pretty proud of being from South America and mentions a lot, "as some of you guys may know I'm was from South America" -- something he says a lot.

And by the way, I know many people from the Guangdong region and they can speak both Guangdong style Cantonese and HK cantonese because they watch TVB too. There's really no other Cantonese media besides TVB (nothing good at least), so they picked up HK slang too. Are they not allowed to use it? And I also know a lot of people born in Canada and America but they use HK style cantonese regardless of where their parents are from or their accent because again, that's the only media they use.

If you want to trash Wah and Weylie about identifying with HK, trash their ignorance on HK and HK's issues and do not base it on their accent or something like that.

I was really surprised that you were saying all these at first since you said you are from HK... but to be honest a lot of HK people are kind of elitist about HK and HK cantonese but I don't blame people like that since they were raised like that but i hope you can reflect and see that that kind of viewpoint is really disgusting (and it looks like you do but aren't expressing it coherently). Anyways I don't want to continue this discussion as it seems it'll bcome an argument if we continue. Let's just agree to try and word our posts as if we are dissing someone's accent.
Just want to chime in my two cents: I don’t think she(or he idk) intended her comment to be blown out of proportion. I thought it was just a comment on how Wah is portraying himself in a way that can garner them more Cantonese views. There’s no need for you to attack her and accuse her of being an elitist, especially when she wasn’t being discriminating. You’re the one who blew it up. This is a gossip site so ain’t nobody got time to type a 5 page essay in MLA format analysing Wah’s obsession with HK. You’re entitled to your opinions, she’s entitled to hers, and I’m entitled to mine. She doesn’t like his accent, you’re fine with his accent, I don’t like his accent. So let’s keep it civil. No need to shove your opinion down someone else’s throat. /End rant/ and back to the thread topic: Weylie.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I agree with that, and I didn't intend to blow anything out of proportion (I don't think it has still). I don't think Wah is portraying himself in a way to garner more Cantonese views, especially since they are not working on their Cantonese channel and they don't talk about Hong Kong or even TVB THAT much (just saying they're watching this and that drama and passing). That poster was clearly insulting Wah's accent being like from a small village. Maybe she didn't mean it to sound like HK accent is superior (but in my opinion, I think she does think HK accent is superior, let's be real a huge majority of HK think HK accent is superior, it's the cultural norm in HK to think that way. Heck, even people from small villages think that and want to change their accent to HK style to seem more sophisticated. It's only until recently when communist china is trying to eliminate all regional dialects even -even HK Cantonese!- that people are starting to take pride in their accents/dialects, including small village dialects).

I don't give a f****** shit about Wah's accent. I hate Wah. Wah f***** SUCKS. I'll be the first to throw an insult his way. The issue is that she was putting down small village dialects, which is NOT OK. I'm not shoving my opinion down her throat, I don't even give enough of a shit to change her mind if she does think HK dialect is the most superior accent in all of Chinese dialects. THIS IS A FUCKING HUGE ISSUE IN CHINA AND HONG KONG RIGHT NOW so her saying shit like this, while saying Wah isn't hong kong enough is completely ironic and stupid.

Anyways, I don't want to be apart of a stupid internet argument so let's end this here. Let's go back to talking about what a fucking piece of shit Wah is and how Weylie needs to dump his skinny ass

Post by Guest »

pewpews wrote:Damn, 3 sponsored videos in a row lol. She's really hurting for money now that she bought that house.

She also basically copied Jenn's obsession with her water bottle in her latest video (just a different brand) and even called it a sippy cup :rofl: Does this friend group even have creativity at this point.. they're all just copying Jenn :roll:

YUP! My thoughts exactly when she mentioned "sippy cup" - I immediately thought she was going to pull out the Camelbak that Jen is "obsessed" over. Weylie will always be obsessed with whatever Jen is doing and try to mimic everything she does. I think she secretly wants to wear Jen's skin.

ALSO, did those bishes just say they want to hire a personal assistant? Excuse me? What is it that you both actually do that is SO time-consuming that you can't time-manage well? You don't work that hard.... actually, hold that. You don't work. Don't complain that you have so much on your plate that you can't do it and need to hire a "friend" to be your personal assistant.

Maybe they should hire Holly Ann-Aeree - that woman is in NEED of a job, desperately. Poshmark ain't cuttin' it these days. *snapsnap*

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I laughed at the personal assistant crap too. It's doubly stupid that they want one of their subscribers to be their assistant and be old enough to go to the bar with them. It's more like they want to hire a friend that they can pay a low wage (because a subscriber would be more willing to take a low wage or even do it for free if they're stupid enough) and have them hang out with them a lot during "non-work hours" as well as have someone suck up to them 24/7. BARF at wah talking about the "who is wah" video.... seriously, though WHO ARE YOU WAH. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE. CAN YOU JUST LEAVE. LIKE. WHO EVEN AAAARE YOU. EW.

And then Weylie gushing about someone doing the thumbnail for it... no offense to that person but it doesn't even look that nice???????????????? I can't believe Weylie paid someone for this??????? actually, I think her management has an in house designer to do those graphics and anyone under the management can use that designer for graphics, I guess???????

does weylie have the same management as Jenn and Sophia? All of their thumbnails have the same vibe.

Blueberrycrumble
Learner
Learner

Post by Blueberrycrumble »

Snowflake72 wrote:YUP! My thoughts exactly when she mentioned "sippy cup" - I immediately thought she was going to pull out the Camelbak that Jen is "obsessed" over. Weylie will always be obsessed with whatever Jen is doing and try to mimic everything she does. I think she secretly wants to wear Jen's skin.
I also noticed that these outfits were strikingly similar:

But these ones are too..

ohnoshedidnt
Talker
Talker

Post by ohnoshedidnt »

LOL can we talk about how Weylie didn't even get to be asked to be a bridesmaid for Jenn?
So much for being such "great/best friends".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

ohnoshedidnt wrote:LOL can we talk about how Weylie didn't even get to be asked to be a bridesmaid for Jenn?
So much for being such "great/best friends".
B, they’re not close. Relax. It’s like me asking weylie to be a bridesmaid ...

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

...yea but she called her a best friend before

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

lotus wrote:...yea but she called her a best friend before
They call everyone their best friends. I’m surprised the guy that valets their car isn’t featured

Post by Guest »

Fact ^ if Weylie thought she'd been asked to be in Jen's wedding, that'd be dense of her (but... I mean it IS Weylie... so I guess not that far off).

purplehazee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by purplehazee »

Snowflake72 wrote:
pewpews wrote:Damn, 3 sponsored videos in a row lol. She's really hurting for money now that she bought that house.

She also basically copied Jenn's obsession with her water bottle in her latest video (just a different brand) and even called it a sippy cup :rofl: Does this friend group even have creativity at this point.. they're all just copying Jenn :roll:

YUP! My thoughts exactly when she mentioned "sippy cup" - I immediately thought she was going to pull out the Camelbak that Jen is "obsessed" over. Weylie will always be obsessed with whatever Jen is doing and try to mimic everything she does. I think she secretly wants to wear Jen's skin.

ALSO, did those bishes just say they want to hire a personal assistant? Excuse me? What is it that you both actually do that is SO time-consuming that you can't time-manage well? You don't work that hard.... actually, hold that. You don't work. Don't complain that you have so much on your plate that you can't do it and need to hire a "friend" to be your personal assistant.

Maybe they should hire Holly Ann-Aeree - that woman is in NEED of a job, desperately. Poshmark ain't cuttin' it these days. *snapsnap*

OMG I'M DYING AT THAT HOLLYANNAREE JAB. Seriously though, but can anyone see Holly doing anything aside from painting her nails? She barely puts videos up on her own channel, let alone help Wah and Weylie film or edit theirs. :rofl:

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

i would want to be their personal assistant for that TEA lol the shit that goes on behind the edits and camera.

as if they could afford a personal assistant or TWO!?!! wtf! that's a full time job!!!

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I still cant get over how weylie snatched money's food while she was eating!!! of course she would snap back at you and nip your fingers!!! I'm a human being and if you snatched my food while I was eating you'd better believe all automatically react by trying to get it back! She is so stupid.

If jen picked other people to be her bridesmaids like relatives or friends from HS/college/real life friends I would understand... but it looks like all of her bridesmaids are influencers in some way? But even in the realm of being friends with other influencers she's not close to weylie. They've been friends for such a sort while.

Curious cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Curious cat »

Change of topic: I cant believe they want to adopt a fourth pet because "Navi has more conection with me than Wah". Well, maybe if he had taken care of her that would not happen. :roll: Four dogs, two rabbits and an assistant! :D

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

Curious cat wrote:Change of topic: I cant believe they want to adopt a fourth pet because "Navi has more conection with me than Wah". Well, maybe if he had taken care of her that would not happen. :roll: Four dogs, two rabbits and an assistant! :D
And a sugar baby, Wah! Damn, Weylie is making bank huh ;)

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

They should just run a very ill maintained zoo since they’re so gross and clueless

clessidrae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by clessidrae »

baconandeggs wrote:i would want to be their personal assistant for that TEA lol the shit that goes on behind the edits and camera.

as if they could afford a personal assistant or TWO!?!! wtf! that's a full time job!!!
they probably think that having a PA means under-paying them or offering dinners and such. I can see Wah being able to be that stupid :rofl:

Post by Guest »

clessidrae wrote:
baconandeggs wrote:i would want to be their personal assistant for that TEA lol the shit that goes on behind the edits and camera.

they probably think that having a PA means under-paying them or offering dinners and such. I can see Wah being able to be that stupid :rofl:
Yup, that's why they want to hire a "viewer/subscriber" because they're like "family," aka most likely won't be paying even minimum wage and certainly will rely on "quality time together" as a form of payment. I can totally see them doing that - why else would every single one of their videos (including vlogs, now!) be sponsored? That mortgage ain't gonna pay itself...and Wah certainly isn't going to pull his weight.

Return to “ilikeweylie”