ilikeweylie Part 2

euroasiangirl
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ilikeweylie Part 2

Post by euroasiangirl »

Well I doubt Wah's gonna give Weylie a diamond, it being unethical and how expensive it is because it's a monopoly business. He looks like someone who would buy her a moissy. Cheap and get the job done lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skycastles
Talker
Talker

Re: ilikeweylie Part 2

Post by skycastles »

euroasiangirl wrote:
ihatekale wrote:
euroasiangirl wrote:Also, I think Weylie and Wah are so obsessed with living in the 626 area, which is why she bought a house in that area. Here in the 626, if you want that similar style to Sophie's you'd have to buy a fixer upper. All the newer homes in this area don't have that style she's looking for

How do you know her house is in the 626? In their vlogs they mentioned that 7 leaves is pretty far from their home and the 7 leaves they go to is in the 626.
At first they said it was near 7 leaves, which IS in 626. And then a couple vlogs ago they said something about not living in the 626 just to make everything THINK they didn't get a house in that area. I'm house hunting for myself and I saw her house on zillow.

You saw her house on Zillow?! I'm dying to knw...how much was it selling for? I'm guessing $600K.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

euroasiangirl wrote:Well I doubt Wah's gonna give Weylie a diamond, it being unethical and how expensive it is because it's a monopoly business. He looks like someone who would buy her a moissy. Cheap and get the job done lol

maybe Weylie would think of the ethical factor but not wah. Wah's not going to get her a ring at all. He's going to make it a thing where he gives her an onion ring and say, "IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS, MATERIAL THINGS DON'T MATTER, WHAT MATTERS IS THAT WE LOVE EACH OTHER AND I MADE THIS ONION RING MYSELF AND IT'S SPECIAL AND A FUNNY STORY LOL." and then later weylie's going to go off and make a custom ring by herself. That d*ck couldn't even give her a proper present for her birthday, how is he going to give her a ring?

skinnymouse
Informer
Informer

Post by skinnymouse »

Snowflake72 wrote:
Lamonde_ wrote:Found it funny that she posted a pic on ig of flowers and a card wah gave about them having “their home”. What did he pay for? Weylie talks about the house as if she bought it alone by herself with no help. Our home? This guy is sugar baby #1. I would feel so ashamed being with a guy that I have to support financially. Also someone mentioned her student loans.. if you’re so broke how did you afford a house and to fix it too? Bitch is stupid. Weylie should invest in herself. Maybe shave her jaw down. Idk. She looks more of a man than wah.. literally. No wonder he acts like a woman.
^ THIS. My thoughts exactly when I saw that post - like what? Wasn't she just making snide comments about his lazy, apathetic ass just a few vlogs ago? She MUST be reading this thread(we know Wah reads GG religiously and probably called Weylie out in person over that comment, making her feel bad) which is why she's posting these lovey-dovey shit. We know she's checked out of their relationship (as potentially Wah is too, but homie needs a paycheck - who else is he going to leech onto? Other people have standards, cough) but now she's invested considering how her other "friends" are locking down their relationships with rings, houses and stuff. Wah's poor ass couldn't afford a ring (and to each their own, not everyone needs a diamond! Totally get that) so she's gonna choose the "sharing" a house route to show that she's caught up with the times.
Could you tell me in more detail about this? How do you know for sure?

I hope it's true, because Wah needs to have his ego toned down. And Weylie should know the truth

euroasiangirl
Debater
Debater

Post by euroasiangirl »

skycastles wrote:
euroasiangirl wrote:
ihatekale wrote:
euroasiangirl wrote:Also, I think Weylie and Wah are so obsessed with living in the 626 area, which is why she bought a house in that area. Here in the 626, if you want that similar style to Sophie's you'd have to buy a fixer upper. All the newer homes in this area don't have that style she's looking for

How do you know her house is in the 626? In their vlogs they mentioned that 7 leaves is pretty far from their home and the 7 leaves they go to is in the 626.
At first they said it was near 7 leaves, which IS in 626. And then a couple vlogs ago they said something about not living in the 626 just to make everything THINK they didn't get a house in that area. I'm house hunting for myself and I saw her house on zillow.

You saw her house on Zillow?! I'm dying to knw...how much was it selling for? I'm guessing $600K.
Yeah it's around that ballpark

euroasiangirl
Debater
Debater

Post by euroasiangirl »

takoyaki wrote:
euroasiangirl wrote:Well I doubt Wah's gonna give Weylie a diamond, it being unethical and how expensive it is because it's a monopoly business. He looks like someone who would buy her a moissy. Cheap and get the job done lol

maybe Weylie would think of the ethical factor but not wah. Wah's not going to get her a ring at all. He's going to make it a thing where he gives her an onion ring and say, "IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS, MATERIAL THINGS DON'T MATTER, WHAT MATTERS IS THAT WE LOVE EACH OTHER AND I MADE THIS ONION RING MYSELF AND IT'S SPECIAL AND A FUNNY STORY LOL." and then later weylie's going to go off and make a custom ring by herself. That d*ck couldn't even give her a proper present for her birthday, how is he going to give her a ring?
Lmao that is too true! He would say that!! Well since they read here, now it's a chance for him to step it up

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

I honestly want to petition for him to stop making those stupid ugly ass faces. Like how old are you? It’s not funny either. His whole existence infuriates me.

euroasiangirl
Debater
Debater

Post by euroasiangirl »

Esp the "good morning world".. both facial expression and how they said it is annoying for the both of the 25 year olds

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

Wah is literally so off putting. Maybe weylie isn't the best looking girl, but she can do so much better. Wah is stick skinny and doubt he can give her any security/safety when out in sketchy places. This guy has nothing going for him and is just sticking to weylie for fame and money. What irks me most is when he speaks cantonese and thinks he's sooooo fluent when in fact his accent is worse than small village dialect. I get second hand embarrassment watching it. Stop trying to pretend you'd fit in with native cantonese speakers because people in Hong Kong are secretly laughing at yall.

Blueberrycrumble
Learner
Learner

Post by Blueberrycrumble »

Yeah, I think he is really hindering Weylie (financially and personal growth-wise). I really do like her and it makes me so sad to see them together in every vlog and hear her talk about how they're going to have a future together.

She could do sooo much better on so many levels. She deserves someone who is smart and ambitious and helps her grow. Come on Sophie, please say somethinggggg

Post by Guest »

skinnymouse wrote:
Snowflake72 wrote:
Lamonde_ wrote:Found it funny that she posted a pic on ig of flowers and a card wah gave about them having “their home”. What did he pay for? Weylie talks about the house as if she bought it alone by herself with no help. Our home? This guy is sugar baby #1. I would feel so ashamed being with a guy that I have to support financially. Also someone mentioned her student loans.. if you’re so broke how did you afford a house and to fix it too? Bitch is stupid. Weylie should invest in herself. Maybe shave her jaw down. Idk. She looks more of a man than wah.. literally. No wonder he acts like a woman.
^ THIS. My thoughts exactly when I saw that post - like what? Wasn't she just making snide comments about his lazy, apathetic ass just a few vlogs ago? She MUST be reading this thread(we know Wah reads GG religiously and probably called Weylie out in person over that comment, making her feel bad) which is why she's posting these lovey-dovey shit. We know she's checked out of their relationship (as potentially Wah is too, but homie needs a paycheck - who else is he going to leech onto? Other people have standards, cough) but now she's invested considering how her other "friends" are locking down their relationships with rings, houses and stuff. Wah's poor ass couldn't afford a ring (and to each their own, not everyone needs a diamond! Totally get that) so she's gonna choose the "sharing" a house route to show that she's caught up with the times.
Could you tell me in more detail about this? How do you know for sure?

I hope it's true, because Wah needs to have his ego toned down. And Weylie should know the truth

He mentioned in a vlog very discreetly (unfortunately I forget which one it is... it was a long while ago) some comment about Guru Gossip - I also get a strong sense (my own speculation here) that they must Google themselves often. Especially Wah of all people because you know, he has nothing else to do with his time.

Hey Wah, heeeey! Can you go away and let Weylie discover her best life without you?

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

ihatekale wrote:Wah is literally so off putting. Maybe weylie isn't the best looking girl, but she can do so much better. Wah is stick skinny and doubt he can give her any security/safety when out in sketchy places. This guy has nothing going for him and is just sticking to weylie for fame and money. What irks me most is when he speaks cantonese and thinks he's sooooo fluent when in fact his accent is worse than small village dialect. I get second hand embarrassment watching it. Stop trying to pretend you'd fit in with native cantonese speakers because people in Hong Kong are secretly laughing at yall.
you're being a dick here. So what if he or anyone else speak with a small village Cantonese dialect? You know Hong Kong Cantonese isn't the only Cantonese. And his family isn't even from Hong Kong, they are from Guangdong -- which is why he has that accent. Do you seriously think that people from small villages are not fluent in their version of Cantonese? Do you have any idea how many different types of dialects are in Mainland China and even in Hong Kong? You sound totally ignorant. Do you have any idea that there's a huge issue in China AND Hong Kong right now where the communist government is trying to stamp down on ALL dialects and making it only Beijing standard Mandarin dialect? Literally hundreds of dialects will become extinct within 2~3 generations if this pulls through. Hong Kong is already going the way of Mandarin over Cantonese. And if you really want to get down to basics, do you consider Hong Kong Cantonese pure or the most 'fluent' form of Cantonese? Hong Kong Cantonese is SO slangy and has so much English in it. Guangdong Cantonese is arguably more 'pure' yet has more Mandarin influences and have words pronounced more similarly to Mandarin.

On a tangentially related note, it's stupid how Wah and Weylie 'identifies' with Hong Kong and whenever they are there they 'feel like it's home' since their family isn't even from there and they don't have much connection there. They were even confused as to if Hong Kong was a part of China or not. They just like it because it's a big city and they watch TVB shows.
I have NO issue with anyone trying to know their roots and it's great that Wah and Weylie likes their Chinese culture and loves their roots but it's so ignorant of them to just pick Hong Kong as the place and culture they identify with when they know nothing about Hong Kong.

skycastles
Talker
Talker

Post by skycastles »

takoyaki wrote:
ihatekale wrote:Wah is literally so off putting. Maybe weylie isn't the best looking girl, but she can do so much better. Wah is stick skinny and doubt he can give her any security/safety when out in sketchy places. This guy has nothing going for him and is just sticking to weylie for fame and money. What irks me most is when he speaks cantonese and thinks he's sooooo fluent when in fact his accent is worse than small village dialect. I get second hand embarrassment watching it. Stop trying to pretend you'd fit in with native cantonese speakers because people in Hong Kong are secretly laughing at yall.
you're being a dick here. So what if he or anyone else speak with a small village Cantonese dialect? You know Hong Kong Cantonese isn't the only Cantonese. And his family isn't even from Hong Kong, they are from Guangdong -- which is why he has that accent. Do you seriously think that people from small villages are not fluent in their version of Cantonese? Do you have any idea how many different types of dialects are in Mainland China and even in Hong Kong? You sound totally ignorant. Do you have any idea that there's a huge issue in China AND Hong Kong right now where the communist government is trying to stamp down on ALL dialects and making it only Beijing standard Mandarin dialect? Literally hundreds of dialects will become extinct within 2~3 generations if this pulls through. Hong Kong is already going the way of Mandarin over Cantonese. And if you really want to get down to basics, do you consider Hong Kong Cantonese pure or the most 'fluent' form of Cantonese? Hong Kong Cantonese is SO slangy and has so much English in it. Guangdong Cantonese is arguably more 'pure' yet has more Mandarin influences and have words pronounced more similarly to Mandarin.

On a tangentially related note, it's stupid how Wah and Weylie 'identifies' with Hong Kong and whenever they are there they 'feel like it's home' since their family isn't even from there and they don't have much connection there. They were even confused as to if Hong Kong was a part of China or not. They just like it because it's a big city and they watch TVB shows.
I have NO issue with anyone trying to know their roots and it's great that Wah and Weylie likes their Chinese culture and loves their roots but it's so ignorant of them to just pick Hong Kong as the place and culture they identify with when they know nothing about Hong Kong.
Totally agree about the Hong Kong comment...at first I thought they were from Hong Kong bc they were so into it, but then I realized they were this way bc they were trying to identify with something that is "hip" and "trendy", which makes them complete foreigners. They are so ignorant and embarrassing.

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

takoyaki wrote:

I never said specifically I have a problem with people speaking with village dialect nor did I say HK cantonese is the only cantonese. I have no problem with anyone who has an accent as long as they remember their roots and where they're from. It's like someone is trying to mislead others is when I have a real problem. What I was trying to say in my comment about Wah's accent was that he himself was trying to identify so much with HK that he thinks he can pass as Hong Konger. I speak cantonese at home and my family is from Hong Kong, so thank you yes I do know how many dialects of cantonese there are. Wah's identification and attachment to HK culture is just a fucking joke to me.

pooh46709394
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pooh46709394 »

[quote="ihatekale"][quote="takoyaki"][quote="ihatekale"]Wah is literally so off putting. Maybe weylie isn't the best looking girl, but she can do so much better. Wah is stick skinny and doubt he can give her any security/safety when out in sketchy places. This guy has nothing going for him and is just sticking to weylie for fame and money. What irks me most is when he speaks cantonese and thinks he's sooooo fluent when in fact his accent is worse than small village dialect. I get second hand embarrassment watching it. Stop trying to pretend you'd fit in with native cantonese speakers because people in Hong Kong are secretly laughing at yall.[/quote]

I have NO issue with anyone trying to know their roots and it's great that Wah and Weylie likes their Chinese culture and loves their roots but it's so ignorant of them to just pick Hong Kong as the place and culture they identify with when they know nothing about Hong Kong.[/quote]

I never said specifically I have a problem with people speaking with village dialect nor did I say HK cantonese is the only cantonese. I have no problem with anyone who has an accent as long as they remember their roots and where they're from. It's like someone is trying to mislead others is when I have a real problem. What I was trying to say in my comment about Wah's accent was that he himself was trying to identify so much with HK that he thinks he can pass as Hong Konger. I speak cantonese at home and my family is from Hong Kong, so thank you yes I do know how many dialects of cantonese there are. Wah's identification and attachment to HK culture is just a fucking joke to me.[/quote]

I agree with you , I live in Hong Kong ; They have such a strong village accent, compare to Weylie's mom or Wah's mom they speak cantonese like what i hear everyday in HK. I don't understand where they get that accent come, and they think they speak like tvb drama.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Then you really need to word things better! Your post sounds like you're insulting other types of Cantonese accents. What did you mean by "thinks he's sooooo fluent when in fact his accent is worse than small village dialect" then? It really sounds like you are saying that someone with a small village dialect is not fluent and having an accent 'below' a small village dialect is even more not fluent. Yes, it's true that they are not fluent in Cantonese (or English even) but when you compare it to a small village dialect, and say it's worse than a small village dialect it makes it sound like you are insulting that.

I think we should stop bashing their accents when they're speaking in Chinese. Weylie knows English, Cantonese, and Mandarin and although she is not good at all three of these languages, let's be honest, we all know people who are raised multilingual are usually not fluent in all the languages they know. And Weylie has admitted many times that she is not fluent in any language and she has even admitted that she is stupid.

Same with Wah, he knows English, Spanish, and Cantonese and not fully fluent in any of these language. And we can all agree that he is also an idiot and not someone passionate about improving the languages he knows.

Accent discrimination is a HUGE problem in Hong Kong and mainland China so I would hope that you, who say you are from Hong Kong are not one of those people discriminating against others because of their different accent.

By all means, talk about how Weylie and Wah's obsession with Hong Kong is on part with American weaboos who are obsessed with Korean culture and want to become Korean idols, but don't use their different accents as a way to insult different Chinese accents.

skinnymouse
Informer
Informer

Post by skinnymouse »

pooh46709394 wrote:
ihatekale wrote:
takoyaki wrote:

I never said specifically I have a problem with people speaking with village dialect nor did I say HK cantonese is the only cantonese. I have no problem with anyone who has an accent as long as they remember their roots and where they're from. It's like someone is trying to mislead others is when I have a real problem. What I was trying to say in my comment about Wah's accent was that he himself was trying to identify so much with HK that he thinks he can pass as Hong Konger. I speak cantonese at home and my family is from Hong Kong, so thank you yes I do know how many dialects of cantonese there are. Wah's identification and attachment to HK culture is just a fucking joke to me.

I agree with you , I live in Hong Kong ; They have such a strong village accent, compare to Weylie's mom or Wah's mom they speak cantonese like what i hear everyday in HK. I don't understand where they get that accent come, and they think they speak like tvb drama.
I agree.

I don't think anyone's trying to insult, just pointing out that their accent is... not very HK

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

takoyaki wrote:Then you really need to word things better! Your post sounds like you're insulting other types of Cantonese accents. What did you mean by "thinks he's sooooo fluent when in fact his accent is worse than small village dialect" then? It really sounds like you are saying that someone with a small village dialect is not fluent and having an accent 'below' a small village dialect is even more not fluent. Yes, it's true that they are not fluent in Cantonese (or English even) but when you compare it to a small village dialect, and say it's worse than a small village dialect it makes it sound like you are insulting that.
Again, I don’t have a problem with dialects. I know people who are native Hong kongers that have accent because they are from the less metro areas. What I mean by that sentence is he thinks his Cantonese *accent* can blend in with native Hong Kong speakers when in fact, his accent is very noticeable and others can point it out easily. His accent is more noticeable than small village dialect speakers speaking cantonese in a formal setting. There are people who grow up speaking dialect Cantonese at home but can snap out of it and speak in an accent less way when they’re out just so to avoid discrimination. Heck, my parents were worried that my Cantonese would become accented when I was taking Mandarin classes but it’s helpful to know both. Dialect Cantonese speakers I know don’t identify their language as Cantonese bc they take pride in their culture and want to keep the tradition(the older folks). Wah over here thinks he’s all high and mighty bragging his “perfect” Cantonese to reel in the Cantonese viewers->more $$.

Side note, I feel as though this sudden pride and identification of his chinese heritage stemmed from hanging out with Silas, who is a native Hong Konger, and wah is trying so hard to be like Silas. Yknow, from photography to HK culture.

Maybe I could’ve worded my comment better, but I’m just ranting about my discontent of this YouTube boyfriend and couldn’t care less to analyze and support my every thought so I’m done with this topic.

prisonpepsi
Learner
Learner

Post by prisonpepsi »

My jaw dropped over the fact that they prioritized an expensive *aesthetic* faucet over having two sinks...
GIRL THOSE PRIORITIES WHERE THEY AT

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

How many "routine" videos is this girl gonna make? I said the same thing last year, and figured she'd actually post creative or decent content as time went on, but no. She's too comfortable living this lifestyle and trying to sell it to her audience (and herself). It's so inauthentic, impossible to maintain with her YT money, and like she's a living Instagram post or something. I swear she's done at least 3 "morning routine" videos in the past 2 years. Gotta get that ad money, though. :?

Return to “ilikeweylie”