Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bratayley- The

Post by keliza »

Civild wrote:
Montymoo wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Montymoo wrote:Brooke Butler everyone, paving the way for gender equality <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
What did she say?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
One of the boys made the question of the day 'girls what is your favourite makeup brand and boys what is your favourite sports team'

and brooke went boys can wear makeup its 2018, or something along those lines. she looked quite annoyed that it was suggested otherwise. its right at the end of the latest vlog.
I'll be honest I was pretty impressed that Brooke said something. You know Katie would never say anything and I doubt Annie even knows about gender equality, and respecting other genders.
Brooke also got a little annoyed in the Christmas vlog wondering why the boys were all Santa and the girls were all elves. She said something about women don't have to just be helpers. Except for one of the boys snidely saying that she could be Mrs Claus everyone basically ignored her.

Brooke seems like a decent kid despite her very privileged upbringing and fame hungry parents. I haven't seen her play dumb or helpless like Annie, at least.

lmmomSD

Re: Bratayley- The "Mature" and the Ignored (Part 7)

Post by lmmomSD »

It would have been perfect if she had also said that girls can like sports teams. My dad's was at a church party during the Super Bowl, and she was the only girl watching the game. She would much rather watch football than play with makeup.

But good for Brooke! I'm impressed. Actually, I think she's more talented than Annie, and seems to actually be willing to put in effort to better herself. There was one vlog where she was trying to get Hayden and Annie to warm up before a performance, and they just wanted to goof off. And she is so sweet to Hayley.

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer

Post by blacksheep95 »

lmmomSD wrote:It would have been perfect if she had also said that girls can like sports teams. My dad's was at a church party during the Super Bowl, and she was the only girl watching the game. She would much rather watch football than play with makeup.
To be fair, after Rush said something like 'for girls, what's your favorite make up brand?', she interrupted to say that boys could wear make up as well and when he said the question for boys was ' what's your favorite sports team?' she spoke up and said girls like sports too.

I haven't seen much of Brooke but she seems likable, smart and mature. And I liked the fact that she speaks French.

I felt a bit uncomfortable watching Katie shove the camera in Annie's face to answer the question of day. She was clearly tired and didn't want to do it. Why not let her be? Though at the same time, if I was having a sleep over and my friend was being moody and falling asleep 5 min in, I'd be rolling my eyes.
I should probably be working...

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Yeah, Brooke rocks. Not just because of the mentioned reaction, but in general. Way more mature than the other girls around her. And a big contrast to her obnoxious brother... I can't stand that kid. At all.

Are there any more vlogs/videos next to Bratayley and Rockyourhair with her? - She could totally carry her own channel.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

montsecll6 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:It would have been perfect if she had also said that girls can like sports teams. My dad's was at a church party during the Super Bowl, and she was the only girl watching the game. She would much rather watch football than play with makeup.
To be fair, after Rush said something like 'for girls, what's your favorite make up brand?', she interrupted to say that boys could wear make up as well and when he said the question for boys was ' what's your favorite sports team?' she spoke up and said girls like sports too.

I haven't seen much of Brooke but she seems likable, smart and mature. And I liked the fact that she speaks French.

I felt a bit uncomfortable watching Katie shove the camera in Annie's face to answer the question of day. She was clearly tired and didn't want to do it. Why not let her be? Though at the same time, if I was having a sleep over and my friend was being moody and falling asleep 5 min in, I'd be rolling my eyes.
Thanks for the clarification. Yay for Brooke!

And Annie's go-to avoidance technique is to pretend she's asleep. She does it a lot. She just lays there with her eyes closed while Katie goes "Are you asleep?" at the top of her lungs. There is no way Annie could actually sleep through it, but she lays there, not moving. And Katie acts like she's believes it. Every time.

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

I'm surprised she had that reaction to the boy/girl question. That's great!

Post by Guest »

Brooke having that reaction doesn’t surprise me when they live in liberal California

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summersby
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Summersby »

nsf5555 wrote:Brooke having that reaction doesn’t surprise me when they live in liberal CaliforniaImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I consider myself more conservative, I think it's good that she expresses herself freely and feels confident enough to make a statement like that that might get viewers thinking.

Whimsy7
Talker
Talker

Post by Whimsy7 »

Brooke has never ever given me reason to dislike her, in fact, I really like her. She's got her head screwed on, is willing to put in 100% effort required, takes her education seriously, doesn't play dumb for boys (or the camera/anyone else), is mature for her age, doesn't constantly pose like she's gods gift to humanity like Annie does, stands up for her beliefs and above all, I believe she is "in it" because it's her passion (yes, I know she has fame hungry parents but it really does seem like she's working hard and thoroughly enjoys what she does). She's really utilised her talents well, it seems.

I can't echo any of the above for Annie :roll: :roll: :roll:

a33QyUy7
Debater
Debater

Post by a33QyUy7 »

I'm not up to date and theres no way I can go back and figure it out through countless vlogs. What makes Brooke's parents fame hungry? All I know is that they are somehow involved with Rock Your Hair. And what exactly is Rock Your Hair?

Thanks

AlexVause
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AlexVause »

a33QyUy7 wrote:I'm not up to date and theres no way I can go back and figure it out through countless vlogs. What makes Brooke's parents fame hungry? All I know is that they are somehow involved with Rock Your Hair. And what exactly is Rock Your Hair?

Thanks
Hi!

Rock Your Hair is a hair product company created by Brooke's father (who is a hair dresser, supposedly to the stars), which caters to tweens and tween culture with overpriced stuff that is simply packaged pink and sparkly. They use RYH as a platform to make their children (Brooke and Earguy) famous by hiring internet-tween-celebs such as Annie to be their "representatives" and sponsor their pseudo-concerts, music videos, YouTube red series, whilst getting their children a part in of this tween celebrity culture cake.

PS: I actually think Brooke has talent and drive, she would probably have been able to make it to some extent without her parents straight out buying her fame.

Post by Guest »

Back in early 2011, Michael O'Rourke shares the spotlight with CHILD SUPERSTAR Brooke Butler. Well, that's a stretch, but Brooke is so adorable and self-confident. Wonder if she is his biological daughter or his step-daughter.

PumpkinHead
Learner
Learner

Post by PumpkinHead »

So much screaming in today's vlog. It always makes me cringe when Katie starts screaming with them and acting like a child..

Who is that Australian girl? Is she on chicken girls?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I mentioned this in Katie Donelly's thread, but she posted a picture on IG with Arden and some other girls, with the caption "real friends, real fun". Meow!

Katie Leblanc needs to find some adult friends and stop trying to remake her (probably) unpopular teenage years living through her daughter. It's ridiculous how she follows them around and tries to talk like a tween and be part of the gang. There was one vlog where they were eating lunch, and Annie and Jayden were talking. They were just trying to have a conversation. And she said "What are you talking about?" And stuck the camera in their faces. I was thinking, jeez. Just turn off the damn camera, eat your lunch and let the girls have a conversation. It's really sad watching a woman in her thirties desperate to fit in with a bunch of 13 year olds.

Quick question-- was Hayley at Disneyland? My daughter said she wasn't in the vlog at all yesterday. I didn't watch myself. Oh, and that makeup slime was nasty. And such a waste! I'll bet that wasn't some Target brand makeup palate she used, either.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

^ No, Hayley spent the day with Txunami, as she doesn't like the rides.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

lip wrote:^ No, Hayley spent the day with Txunami, as she doesn't like the rides.
That is good. I'm glad she got a day with someone her age instead of having to be the tagalong little sister. For once.

tomorrow100
Informer
Informer

Post by tomorrow100 »

Annie's Nike shoes are out

Whimsy7
Talker
Talker

Post by Whimsy7 »

What.....what.......why on earth does she now have Nike shoes????? The article I just read - "March last year, eight young athletes known as the Imaginairs visited Nike World Headquarters for a look behind the scenes and an opportunity to design the next Air Max Zero with some of Nike’s best footwear designers. This was the first time the Air Max Zero was redesigned for young athletes. Each is now set for release in limited numbers on nike.com"

Are they mistaking Annie for someone else? Because how on earth is she a young athlete???????????

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

She was still doing gymnastics back then. - But otherwise, it has not much to do with sports, only with image sales, even it's only B-class Youtube fame.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Remember how she couldn't even shoot a basketball? She was at Nike, as a "young athlete", and she couldn't even shoot a basketball. One trick pony. They focused her so much on gymnastics, that she couldn't do anything else. She couldn't even ride a bike until last year.

And I'm sorry, I think her shoe design is ugly.

Return to “Bratayley”