Helen MelonLady / snakebitesparkles Part 2

Rose57
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Helen MelonLady / snakebitesparkles Part 2

Post by Rose57 »

did maff make any sort of twitter or instagram post explaining his side of the breakup? i saw this coming for sure he seemed so insecure and she seemed so domineering their personalities just dont match and they got together based on physical attraction and convenience alone imo. but i did not think they'd break up SO SOON wow!

wild_heart101
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wild_heart101 »

shoshana89 wrote:did maff make any sort of twitter or instagram post explaining his side of the breakup? i saw this coming for sure he seemed so insecure and she seemed so domineering their personalities just dont match and they got together based on physical attraction and convenience alone imo. but i did not think they'd break up SO SOON wow!
neither his twitter or instagram has been updated since november and on his Facebook he's still down as married and he hasn't shared anything since august. him and helen are still friends on there though

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LipstickLashes »

Curious about her obsession with diet and exercise - she goes to boot camp everyday, has a PT, eats lean / healthy mostly. I know she has blow outs at Xmas / birthdays but don't we all ... but she's always complaining about her weight ?

If she's doing what she says she's doing she'd still be pretty fit and lean even after a few weeks off.
Maybe it's the alcohol ??

souplessbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by souplessbitch »

LipstickLashes wrote:Curious about her obsession with diet and exercise - she goes to boot camp everyday, has a PT, eats lean / healthy mostly. I know she has blow outs at Xmas / birthdays but don't we all ... but she's always complaining about her weight ?

If she's doing what she says she's doing she'd still be pretty fit and lean even after a few weeks off.
Maybe it's the alcohol ??

90% of weight loss is diet, not exercise, and I don't think she's totally transparent about her intake. She drinks more than she lets on, and she probably snacks more than she lets on. Her binges are not infrequent and they're pretty hardcore.

Wanderlust22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wanderlust22 »

I actually feel bad for her, but I can see all the signs and all the problems :|

bigpink
Debater
Debater

Post by bigpink »

The first blog back where she told us she really is absolutely fine worried me. When I was dumped by my boyfriend I was really depressed for years. Helen’s HUSBAND has left, out of the blue, after 3 months. If she had really loved him she would be in fucking bits. And that is ok. Losing someone you love is debilitating. I don’t believe she ever really loved him. He was just something else to own. Bearded hipster husband. Tick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mistymalbec
Learner
Learner

Post by mistymalbec »

bigpink wrote:The first blog back where she told us she really is absolutely fine worried me. When I was dumped by my boyfriend I was really depressed for years. Helen’s HUSBAND has left, out of the blue, after 3 months. If she had really loved him she would be in fucking bits. And that is ok. Losing someone you love is debilitating. I don’t believe she ever really loved him. He was just something else to own. Bearded hipster husband. Tick.

Maybe something just to think about, because I know this is how I view it having gone through something similar.
Years ago I loved someone really really hard, first proper love and I was very like Helen, buying him my affection because I just didn’t get from him emotionally what I should have. It was an extremely abusive relationship both physically and emotionally but, and this is key, the emotional side to me was done over a way longer period of time and was definitely in the end, more wearing on me than they physical ever was. And that’s not to take away from physical violence because it is harmful to your mental health too, but when that relationship ended, believe me I was actually broken hearted because emotionally I had invested so much and I did still feel love for him.
But at the same time I felt such a massive relief that I was able to pick myself up faaaaiiirrlly quickly (although it took me over a year before I could even think about going on a date again) but the point I’m making is, sometimes, even when you’re broken hearted, if it’s been emotionally wearing, the relief that you feel can be enough to boost you. I don’t believe she’s feeling as amazing as she says she does but I do think she’s feeling more positive. And I think especially because he left her, it took the decision out of her hands and she’s had no choice but to feel relieved because she didn’t have to fight for it. Just my two cents.
Helen really fucks me off with a lot of things she does, I also really like a lot of her content and personality but I’ve deliberately not bashed her being upbeat because you really can feel a bit more positive once you’re out of that negative space, whether you made the decision or someone else made it for you.

betterbitter
Talker
Talker

Post by betterbitter »

mistymalbec wrote:
bigpink wrote:The first blog back where she told us she really is absolutely fine worried me. When I was dumped by my boyfriend I was really depressed for years. Helen’s HUSBAND has left, out of the blue, after 3 months. If she had really loved him she would be in fucking bits. And that is ok. Losing someone you love is debilitating. I don’t believe she ever really loved him. He was just something else to own. Bearded hipster husband. Tick.

Maybe something just to think about, because I know this is how I view it having gone through something similar.
Years ago I loved someone really really hard, first proper love and I was very like Helen, buying him my affection because I just didn’t get from him emotionally what I should have. It was an extremely abusive relationship both physically and emotionally but, and this is key, the emotional side to me was done over a way longer period of time and was definitely in the end, more wearing on me than they physical ever was. And that’s not to take away from physical violence because it is harmful to your mental health too, but when that relationship ended, believe me I was actually broken hearted because emotionally I had invested so much and I did still feel love for him.
But at the same time I felt such a massive relief that I was able to pick myself up faaaaiiirrlly quickly (although it took me over a year before I could even think about going on a date again) but the point I’m making is, sometimes, even when you’re broken hearted, if it’s been emotionally wearing, the relief that you feel can be enough to boost you. I don’t believe she’s feeling as amazing as she says she does but I do think she’s feeling more positive. And I think especially because he left her, it took the decision out of her hands and she’s had no choice but to feel relieved because she didn’t have to fight for it. Just my two cents.
Helen really fucks me off with a lot of things she does, I also really like a lot of her content and personality but I’ve deliberately not bashed her being upbeat because you really can feel a bit more positive once you’re out of that negative space, whether you made the decision or someone else made it for you.

I agree, my last relationship was really emotionally abusive and made my depressed, and when they left me I was a mess for a few days before I realised every bad thing they'd done to me and I was suddenly better then I was pre-breakup.

Irishish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irishish »

It really stood out to me that she said 12 weeks was a long time to eat healthy!?

I really don't think a lot of these clean eating lifestyle regimes are realistic. You can eat healthy most of the time and still have treats and go out. There is a middle ground. Yo yo dieting is no way to live.

blerghhhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by blerghhhhhh »

Irishish wrote:It really stood out to me that she said 12 weeks was a long time to eat healthy!?

I really don't think a lot of these clean eating lifestyle regimes are realistic. You can eat healthy most of the time and still have treats and go out. There is a middle ground. Yo yo dieting is no way to live.

12 weeks? It should be a lifestyle with the occasional treat here and there

bigpink
Debater
Debater

Post by bigpink »

mistymalbec wrote:

Totally. You have put your finger on it! The main emotion I think we are getting from Helen is relief!!

[eddielittle]
Lurker
Lurker

Post by [eddielittle] »

another day, another legendary look:

and another ASOS dress that looks like a blind-folded person sewed it with their feet...I'm talking about the blue/purple velvet one, yikes! :?

lindseyt
Talker
Talker

Post by lindseyt »

Wow those glasses!!!!

Wanderlust22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wanderlust22 »

TBH I hate the hat but love the glasses

souplessbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by souplessbitch »

[eddielittle] wrote:another day, another legendary look:

and another ASOS dress that looks like a blind-folded person sewed it with their feet...I'm talking about the blue/purple velvet one, yikes! :?
These will probably be in next week's haul:

holmby
Learner
Learner

Post by holmby »

:rofl:

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

But what IS helens style? I used to think she had something glam-rock about her and she kept a consistent aesthetic, but what?

Wanderlust22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wanderlust22 »

I would say her aesthetic is purple and yellow

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

In her video where she says how she's not depressed and for us not to worry about her,

my boyfriend could hear her talking in the background and just asked
"who is that girl because anyone who says they are fine that many times isn't fine"

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

HaveSomeMilk wrote:In her video where she says how she's not depressed and for us not to worry about her,

my boyfriend could hear her talking in the background and just asked
"who is that girl because anyone who says they are fine that many times isn't fine"
Couldn't agree more. I used to love Helen, her style and her videos. Videos like this: Travelling Style Diary from a couple years ago were brilliant! I really miss the old Helen.

I think it's fair to say most Youtubers let "fame" and money get to their heads and Helen is no exception. I think she's become quite insufferable, so I've unsubscribed for a while, but check back once in a while. Can't get past the first few minutes of a video, because of how annoying I find her!

I can't imagine what she's going through, so I'll give her credit for continuing doing her work and uploading videos while going through a heartbreak (even though she says everything's ok). There are so many Youtubers who are constantly coming up with ridiculous excuses to not do their job! But her constantly saying she's ok, bla bla bla gets under my skin! For her to be ok, she'd have to not have any feelings towards him, so what was actually the point in getting married?! Or she did have feelings for him, but pretends everything's ok and that she feels great and will continue with it so everybody continues praising her over how brave she is. She's only human and it's ok if she lets her guards down! I mean, he took Barney, surely she misses him and it would be ok if she said so! Arrgghh, she really annoys me and I'm definitely not subscribing again.

Regarding her style, she looks like a confused teenager, except she's not! She's probably going through an existential crisis tbh!

Return to “Helen Anderson”