Erik Conover - part 2

inthemoonlight
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Erik Conover - part 2

Post by inthemoonlight »

I just logged back into my account after years to just say that as I was getting drinks with my friend on W 10th St/7th Ave today in the West Village... I saw Erik in a full cobalt blue suit posing on the sidewalk for a photoshoot. I was inside the restaurant so I couldn't really see, but my friend said he was literally just posing "like a mopey, sad person" on the sidewalk before he had his photographer take pictures of him crossing the sidewalk multiple times. I knew it was him because he passed the restaurant (which has floor to ceiling windows) and I got a clear view of his face.

Living in NYC, you see a ton of people posing for pictures for the 'gram or Facebook, but it was just strange to see someone really posing like that in real life. Like... trying to look serious... For what? A few thousand likes on IG? He isn't a model anymore (right?) so I don't understand why he's having these photoshoots instead of just a cute/nice picture from a friend. I don't get this social media obsessed culture. /my two cents and observation

Maric
Informer
Informer

Post by Maric »

inthemoonlight wrote:I just logged back into my account after years to just say that as I was getting drinks with my friend on W 10th St/7th Ave today in the West Village... I saw Erik in a full cobalt blue suit posing on the sidewalk for a photoshoot. I was inside the restaurant so I couldn't really see, but my friend said he was literally just posing "like a mopey, sad person" on the sidewalk before he had his photographer take pictures of him crossing the sidewalk multiple times. I knew it was him because he passed the restaurant (which has floor to ceiling windows) and I got a clear view of his face.

Living in NYC, you see a ton of people posing for pictures for the 'gram or Facebook, but it was just strange to see someone really posing like that in real life. Like... trying to look serious... For what? A few thousand likes on IG? He isn't a model anymore (right?) so I don't understand why he's having these photoshoots instead of just a cute/nice picture from a friend. I don't get this social media obsessed culture. /my two cents and observation
He did resign with Ford models and he said he has quite a few jobs/campaigns coming up. I've seen him in Brigantine, NJ, where my sister lives part-time.

nutfreak
Talker
Talker

Post by nutfreak »

Maric wrote:
inthemoonlight wrote:I just logged back into my account after years to just say that as I was getting drinks with my friend on W 10th St/7th Ave today in the West Village... I saw Erik in a full cobalt blue suit posing on the sidewalk for a photoshoot. I was inside the restaurant so I couldn't really see, but my friend said he was literally just posing "like a mopey, sad person" on the sidewalk before he had his photographer take pictures of him crossing the sidewalk multiple times. I knew it was him because he passed the restaurant (which has floor to ceiling windows) and I got a clear view of his face.

He did resign with Ford models and he said he has quite a few jobs/campaigns coming up. I've seen him in Brigantine, NJ, where my sister lives part-time.
He should milk the modeling thing as long as he can. As long as can keep his weight down and keep the facial hair, he will have a much longer shelf life than women models. Men don't get paid nearly as well but the age discrimination is not as harsh as women models.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

[instagram][/instagram]
was it this? :rofl:

inthemoonlight
Talker
Talker

Post by inthemoonlight »

Cherub wrote:

[instagram][/instagram]
was it this? :rofl:
Holy shit yes!!!

noli90
Learner
Learner

Post by noli90 »

I like to think he's the same guy but maybe the last year has been hard and he cannot exactly show vulnerabilities. He has to avoid looking whiny. It's like someone you knew turning formal and distant. Anyway the Norway video was impressive, did not like a few of the other travel videos. They were just ok. They are a ton of work for 1 vlogger. It looks like his channel has anemic views lately and I think he lost enthusiasm for a few things. In a way, maybe having to get a regular job might be best for EC and JC. Her channel, social media is even more boring.

Paulie M
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Paulie M »

Did someone say Paulina is not attractive? I think you can say she is more attractive than Jessica.

I think I saw someone comment that Eric likes Jessica more than she likes him on youtube. I think so as well.

I think Jessica is a little slow. She had an accident where she had a concussion in the past. She doesn't seem completely there mentally at times.

Dixen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dixen »

Paulie M wrote:Did someone say Paulina is not attractive? I think you can say she is more attractive than Jessica.

I think I saw someone comment that Eric likes Jessica more than she likes him on youtube. I think so as well.

I think Jessica is a little slow. She had an accident where she had a concussion in the past. She doesn't seem completely there mentally at times.
Who is Paulina ?

godot
Talker
Talker

Post by godot »

did anyone watch his 'how to travel the world for free' video? his problem is that he is not half as talented/insightful/etc as he thinks he is. it does seem like he has a good heart but i really dont see his channel being mega successful

nutfreak
Talker
Talker

Post by nutfreak »

godot wrote:did anyone watch his 'how to travel the world for free' video? his problem is that he is not half as talented/insightful/etc as he thinks he is. it does seem like he has a good heart but i really dont see his channel being mega successful
He took a major hit in subscribers and traffic to his channel. There are a few things that led to his only achieving mid-level status. It was kind of the beginning of the end when Jess dumped him and didn't want to be a apart of the vlogs anymore. Then, he changed the content of his vlog, it was already becoming shallow at the tail end with Jessica, but the click baits were out of control: aimless traveling; countless people he would put in the vlogs, and hookups with different girls to forget about Jessica, which, to be honest, I don't think he's over her. There was a reason he was so infatuated with Paulina (Jess 2.0).

I think sometime next year he will end the channel. He said he wanted to do film work behind the camera. He was involved with that project with the hunky vet. He's also pushing 30. He might be at a crossroads in his life on what the next chapter is.

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

I'm so confused as to how/why his subscriber count still goes up while his views remain so low.
He also changed a bunch of thumbnails such as the nude beach one (it has the most views but the thumbnail use to be a pic of Jessica), the massage one which use to be Jessica too, and many others.

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

Even his new apartment hunt video seems soooo commercial.

Dixen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dixen »

nutfreak wrote:
godot wrote:did anyone watch his 'how to travel the world for free' video? his problem is that he is not half as talented/insightful/etc as he thinks he is. it does seem like he has a good heart but i really dont see his channel being mega successful
He took a major hit in subscribers and traffic to his channel. There are a few things that led to his only achieving mid-level status. It was kind of the beginning of the end when Jess dumped him and didn't want to be a apart of the vlogs anymore. Then, he changed the content of his vlog, it was already becoming shallow at the tail end with Jessica, but the click baits were out of control: aimless traveling; countless people he would put in the vlogs, and hookups with different girls to forget about Jessica, which, to be honest, I don't think he's over her. There was a reason he was so infatuated with Paulina (Jess 2.0).

I think sometime next year he will end the channel. He said he wanted to do film work behind the camera. He was involved with that project with the hunky vet. He's also pushing 30. He might be at a crossroads in his life on what the next chapter is.

He's not going to end the channel, and he just started doing work for GQ magazine. He's got a lot of good things going for him atm.

ludirudi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ludirudi »

He thinks he is sooooo deep (he isn't)

nutfreak
Talker
Talker

Post by nutfreak »

Dixen wrote:
nutfreak wrote:

He's not going to end the channel, and he just started doing work for GQ magazine. He's got a lot of good things going for him atm.
Still means his channel has stayed mid-level. He has gotten into directing commercials and other business ventures that has nothing to with his channel. The channel helped him promote himself in order to get those opportunities that you speak of such as GQ but his channel has remained stuck in terms of views and subscribers.

mammamamma
Talker
Talker

Post by mammamamma »

he thinks (or wants to believe) he lives in a movie. the opening of this video is super cringy.

kingsizesoda
Debater
Debater

Post by kingsizesoda »

whatever happened to him being on that dating show

skygripe
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skygripe »

ludirudi wrote:He thinks he is sooooo deep (he isn't)
I just recently stumbled upon his videos. Does this guy ever pay for anything? Seems like all he does is mooch but lives the high life. I thought he was cute at first but then as time went on, meh, he's just an average joe, worse yet if you add the mooch factor. Seems he'll have to get out and get a REAL job. Time's up playboy.

Billyvalentine92
Informer
Informer

Post by Billyvalentine92 »

kingsizesoda wrote:whatever happened to him being on that dating show
He stopped talking about it.But then, today he showed an email correspondence he was having with a Bachelorette casting director on instagram stories :roll:

Cherub
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cherub »

He's too annoying to even hate watch now.

Return to “Erik Conover”