Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Pointless Guru - Endless Deyes of self praise: Part

Post by shitsandgigs »

"Just smashed emails etc.......now I'm heading back home..."

HEADING. BACK. HOME.

Mate. You're LITERALLY already at your home. 10 metres from your main house.
You absolute twat.

GothMoth
Informer
Informer

Post by GothMoth »

thehippiechick wrote:
sid wrote:the open-mouth in thumbnails.... why is this a thing?

[img]<a%20class="vglnk"%20href="https://i.ytimg.com/vi_webp/Mv-CJ44KbW4/sddefault.webp[/img][/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>ytimg</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vi</span><span>_</span><span>webp</span><span>/</span><span>Mv</span><span>-</span><span>CJ44KbW4</span><span>/</span><span>sddefault</span><span>.</span><span>webp</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

I see this with so many thumbnails from other youtubers as well. And over using emoji's. Must be some marketing/engagement strategy that they tell youtubers to use? But with Alfie it looks forced and emotionless.

Because he's an imbecile.

GothMoth
Informer
Informer

Post by GothMoth »

thehippiechick wrote:
sid wrote:the open-mouth in thumbnails.... why is this a thing?

Because he's an imbecile.

I've seen this with many other youtubers.. along with the over-use of emoji's in thumbnails. Maybe its some marketing/engagement strategy they tell them to use? But with Alfie he always looks so forced and emotionless... and creepy.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

shitsandgigs wrote:"Just smashed emails etc.......now I'm heading back home..."

HEADING. BACK. HOME.

Mate. You're LITERALLY already at your home. 10 metres from your main house.
You absolute twat.
ROFL. exactly... omg? he's a joke.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

I was actually really shocked that Alfie hadn't got them all seats in the first class seats on the plane, like some vloggers have had, when going to Dubai. Actually I think even Alfie has been on a plane in business class before. He was slumming it with the regulars in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

MoanyMinnie wrote:I was actually really shocked that Alfie hadn't got them all seats in the first class seats on the plane, like some vloggers have had, when going to Dubai. Actually I think even Alfie has been on a plane in business class before. He was slumming it with the regulars in this instance.

Hello, do you know Alfie? He's cheap AF even with a 20k-40k month gross income.

They drive an hour round trip regularly because they get free unlimited nandos!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

sockmonkey
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

The Pointless Guru - Endless Deyes of self praise: Part 15

Post by sockmonkey »

Idk. The whole surprising his friends with a holiday thing... it didn’t really sit right with me.
I know it was supposed to be a nice gesture and all but coming from Alfie, someone who tries desperately hard to assert his superiority, it just seems like a really fake way to get more views and make him seem like the world’s best friend.
If he wanted to take his friends on holiday then why not plan it like normal people do and all sit down and choose a destination and all the activities together? It’s so OTT and, in my opinion, a bit selfish to plan everything himself and just assume they’ll like it. And massively rubbing his money in their face as well.

This is the kind of thing that would be nice to do for your partner but obviously Alfie has a partner whose idea of a big trip is driving an hour to London.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

Comolemntfou wrote:
MoanyMinnie wrote:I was actually really shocked that Alfie hadn't got them all seats in the first class seats on the plane, like some vloggers have had, when going to Dubai. Actually I think even Alfie has been on a plane in business class before. He was slumming it with the regulars in this instance.

He's not that cheap with the amount of stuff he CONSTANTLY buys and something tells me he didn't pay for this trip tbh.

xoxooo
Debater
Debater

Post by xoxooo »

sockmonkey wrote:Idk. The whole surprising his friends with a holiday thing... it didn’t really sit right with me.
I know it was supposed to be a nice gesture and all but coming from Alfie, someone who tries desperately hard to assert his superiority, it just seems like a really fake way to get more views and make him seem like the world’s best friend.
If he wanted to take his friends on holiday then why not plan it like normal people do and all sit down and choose a destination and all the activities together? It’s so OTT and, in my opinion, a bit selfish to plan everything himself and just assume they’ll like it. And massively rubbing his money in their face as well.

This is the kind of thing that would be nice to do for your partner but obviously Alfie has a partner whose idea of a big trip is driving an hour to London.
same. if it would be any other person, it would be a sweet gesture. but this is alfie we're talking about, and everything he does is to look #goalz and to get more views. just a couple of weeks ago he bought zoe a car (that they never going to use) just so that he looks like the most amazing boyfriend ever and to bait for clicks, so why should this be different? he just doesn't seem to be sincere to me.
or maybe this is the only way for him to go on trips and do what he really wants to do? because like you said, he would never be able to go on a big adventure with zoe.
i type too fast and yet, i am too lazy to proof read my texts, so sorry for my 1000 typos <3

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

MoanyMinnie wrote:
Comolemntfou wrote:

He's not that cheap with the amount of stuff he CONSTANTLY buys and something tells me he didn't pay for this trip tbh.

He knows he's getting it half price with vat and tax offset for the small amount of things he actually pays for. Lots of the expensive ones are free, like the trampoline or phones. The bubble and sling shot and most things were cheap and the assistant eBay's them.

They went to the garden centre every weekend for months deciding on that sofa in the garden

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

It's about time for a new thread - any ideas?

I'm still dying to put Schrödinger's Gym in the title, but we probably need to pair it with something. Suggestions welcome :tu:

Lallycat
Learner
Learner

Post by Lallycat »

MoanyMinnie wrote:
Comolemntfou wrote:

He didn't, he's advertising visit Dubai websites, the whole trip would have been paid for to promote their tourist board.

Lallycat
Learner
Learner

Post by Lallycat »

Pastel Rage wrote:It's about time for a new thread - any ideas?

I'm still dying to put Schrödinger's Gym in the title, but we probably need to pair it with something. Suggestions welcome :tu:

Schrödinger's gym and the abandoned woodland?

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

PointlessBF - Deyes of Abandonment and Schrödinger's Gym? :rofl:

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

Pointless CEO and the epic savage sick Schroedinger's gym

slapcat

Post by slapcat »

They got given things to do for free by the Dubai tourist board?!

magucken
Informer
Informer

Post by magucken »

Trip is "not sponsored", but the Dubai Tourism Board gets a massive shout out right at the beginning of the vlog for "hooking up so much sick stuff for us to do." Ahh, the legal semantics and loopholes. lol

I knew it. There's no way our Pointlesshero shelled out for that trip himself. That's a "sick" freebie. And the annoying thing will be all those starry-eyed LBW fools who'll yell out 'friendship goalz!' cause Alfie's "sooo nice, lysm" [<--where's the green puking emoji?! lol]

That's probably what most of those "business meetings" he keeps going on about are. Phone calls with some tourist board or whoever wanting to use his channel (cause he reaches, what 600k per video) for promoting whatever they're selling with a "savage" trip for four paid in return. And this guy makes a 'vlog' about it which isn't about the Pointless Talentless merch for a change. Sick yoww, so coaaal. :roll:
This used to be a lot more fun

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

magucken wrote:Trip is "not sponsored", but the Dubai Tourism Board gets a massive shout out right at the beginning of the vlog for "hooking up so much sick stuff for us to do." Ahh, the legal semantics and loopholes. lol

I knew it. There's no way our Pointlesshero shelled out for that trip himself. That's a "sick" freebie. And the annoying thing will be all those starry-eyed LBW fools who'll yell out 'friendship goalz!' cause Alfie's "sooo nice, lysm" [<--where's the green puking emoji?! lol]

That's probably what most of those "business meetings" he keeps going on about are. Phone calls with some tourist board or whoever wanting to use his channel (cause he reaches, what 600k per video) for promoting whatever they're selling with a "savage" trip for four paid in return. And this guy makes a 'vlog' about it which isn't about the Pointless Talentless merch for a change. Sick yoww, so coaaal. :roll:
Oh man. I actually for a second thought that they might have actually put in the effort and arranged everything himself when he was giving them the itinerary of their first day at the airport. I thought "oh this is nice of him". Little did I know that the tourism board arranged everything for him.

AutumnalRealness
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AutumnalRealness »

The thumbnail in the new vlog (Dubai day 1) is so ugly why did he pick the most unflattering picture of his already ugly face??? I'm cracking up and I haven't even watched the "sick Dubai adventures" yet :rofl:

Cantshutup
Talker
Talker

Post by Cantshutup »

rai1234 wrote:
magucken wrote:Trip is "not sponsored", but the Dubai Tourism Board gets a massive shout out right at the beginning of the vlog for "hooking up so much sick stuff for us to do." Ahh, the legal semantics and loopholes. lol

Oh man. I actually for a second thought that they might have actually put in the effort and arranged everything himself when he was giving them the itinerary of their first day at the airport. I thought "oh this is nice of him". Little did I know that the tourism board arranged everything for him.
We're talking about a guy that isn't even capable of planning what to eat for dinner more than 10 minutes forward and can't even plan when to edit his videos when he's busy. he's literally the worst planned person ever

Return to “Pointless Blog”