Whitney Simmons

ephillipswife
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Whitney Simmons

Post by ephillipswife »

I do like her workout footage but the way she acts reminds me of a group of 15 year old girls...its not funny...its obnoxious, and it makes it very hard to sit through any of her videos. She tries way too hard and the only time she seems genuine is when she is working out. :?

Beefit

Post by Beefit »

http://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/w ... mmons.html

Before Fame
She began her YouTube channel on May 15, 2015. She is a graduate of Utah State University.

I was looking where she went to college and came across this link which says she began her youtube channel on May 15, 2015. Interesting...

What I am learning about Whitney is:
- former gymnast
- cheered at Utah State freshman year, was the only girl to be kicked off the squad.
- went back after the summer OBSESSED with the gym (6 am workouts and after class workout)

catmcc10595
Learner
Learner

Post by catmcc10595 »

I can actually relate to the ears thing. Mine protrude, and I am SUPER self conscious about them. My female friends all notice them if I wear my hair not covering them. Oddly enough though, literally none of my guy friends have ever noticed unless I point them out.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

i truly never noticed her ears! though her personality can get to me i think she is beautiful and her body is awesome.

i watched one of her videos about how she got into working out...i believe part of why she went to that university is for cheering...it was a HUGE deal. but she was the only girl cut the next year and it devastated her...she went into a huge funk, gained weight, etc. i think her family (dad??) got her into working out and when she first started she was REALLY into it (the twice a days and what not).

heidi90
Lurker
Lurker

Post by heidi90 »

I really like Whitney! I used to watch Amanda, Emily and all the others but they all try so hard and think that they are better then everyone else. They film themselves eat and lay on the couch and do nothing but they are always so "busy". I started watching them all for macro tips, food ideas and workouts. They only eat bite meals or icon meals and just aren't relatable anymore. I haven't watched them since I found whitneys channel in November. Whitney is relatable and she does give me ideas for every workout and food ideas. I like to cook every night and like to cook something quick and simple. Even if she lied about when she started her YouTube channel that doesn't matter to me. When I started watching her in November she had 70k subscribers and now she has 420k. That just shows how likable she is. And how Amanda and specially Emily and Marie need to take another look at themselves (Marie has 33k subs and Emily 57k)

cheeky15
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by cheeky15 »

I love Whit, and since were the same height she is my true body goal, but in her newest video, March favourites, she answered to a commenter that taking online clients is a goal of hers :? She has no credentials to take any sort of fitness clients! Whats wrong with all of these gurus, FFS :roll:

Got to appreciate her hustle :D

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

I don't think she looks old, in fact I thought she might have been around 19-22

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

i couldn't even get past the first minute of her march favorites video. wearing converse isolates/activates your glutes? ok whitney :roll: she wouldn't be that bad if she didn't spew idiotic shit out of her mouth every other video. wearing converse doesn't make that big of a difference....i switched to converse last year and it's not a miracle cure like whitney is making it out to be. its just a fucking shoe. now all these girls are going to go out a buy converse thinking it's going to help out with their "booty gains"

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ga7ba »

lol I know right! and then talking about how you shouldn't wear them for jumping lunges etc because they don't have enough ankle support... it's probably because you have weak ankles Whitney :roll: wearing a low heel for more cardio based workouts will strengthen your ankles tremendously which helps with overall balance. and she seriously wants to do coaching..... like girlll you have no qualifications sit down

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

heidi90 wrote:I really like Whitney! I used to watch Amanda, Emily and all the others but they all try so hard and think that they are better then everyone else. They film themselves eat and lay on the couch and do nothing but they are always so "busy". I started watching them all for macro tips, food ideas and workouts. They only eat bite meals or icon meals and just aren't relatable anymore. I haven't watched them since I found whitneys channel in November. Whitney is relatable and she does give me ideas for every workout and food ideas. I like to cook every night and like to cook something quick and simple. Even if she lied about when she started her YouTube channel that doesn't matter to me. When I started watching her in November she had 70k subscribers and now she has 420k. That just shows how likable she is. And how Amanda and specially Emily and Marie need to take another look at themselves (Marie has 33k subs and Emily 57k)
YUP. Emily and Marie both have the alphalete disease of using EVERY single video or post to lecture us on how we aren't grinding like they are, they are sooo different because they work nonstop, they are going to get goals while us fat slobs are asking them why they grind so hard, etc. NO THANKS NOPE. Whitney has def shown that you attract more followers when you avoid that route and don't act like a judgey a**hole.

But agree on qualifications thing...that's where it gets scary. I mean, I have been working out a long time but I have zero certifications/actual education/etc. I could share with people what has worked for me or things I've read/studied on my own but yikes, to take on clients...!

Justlisten
Learner
Learner

Post by Justlisten »

i started wearing adidas nmd cause they're comfy but I found myself constantly going barefoot for certain lifts, but I agree in a way, in my last gym session I felt better glute activation with my converse during Bulgarian split squats. I love my nmd though but might have to switch back to converse for leg day. Still not convicenced but at least I won't have to take my shoes off for deadlifts. Anyways I think she already grew the glute she was going to grow she's been lifting for more that 3 years, so doubt that she grows anymore unless steroids.
I honestly thought Whitney was 35-37 who took very good care of herself, because of her pilled on make up, sunken eyes. when she doesn't pile it on she looks 27/28 but no way she looks 19. Lol I still had the teenager face at that time. She has a full grown woman face. Her eyes don't help her look young at all. Same with Emily Hayden. She looks even older than Whitney. She probably is, very low body doesn't help anyone look young either. I wish she acted more mature in her videos I could maybe stomach her, but I can't she's so annoying more than Jen, atleast jen looks genuine. This girl has a fake personality. She is full of herself too, gymshark is the best thing ever but only wears lululemon and alo yoga. I wish gymshark would drop her,don't think she's a good fit she looks old. I can't imagine her hanging with the gymshark crew, maybe she will prove me wrong. I don't think she fits in though.

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

Man, I'm so sick of people shelling shoes. i hopped on the lifting shoes train and HATED them. tried converse and hated it, I squat and DL in NMD's and it's fine. I'm sure it's not "ideal" but that's what i've been doing and it works. my form is good so whatever.

agreed on her coaching services, not a smart idea.

Beefit

Post by Beefit »

ImageImageImageImageImage

So Whitney's transformation in these past 3.5 - 4 years has been mediocre.

Justlisten
Learner
Learner

Post by Justlisten »

She has a bigger bum, but yeah not impressive at all.

GrilledCheese
Learner
Learner

Post by GrilledCheese »

We're being sponsored by laundry detergent now, okay... :roll:

cmk808
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cmk808 »

Beefit wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage

So Whitney's transformation in these past 3.5 - 4 years has been mediocre.
I'm shocked! :roll: She's just as full of shit as Heidi Ho (who at least has one single picture of herself looking chubby). I'm tired of these life-long athletic, fit girls trying to act like they've gone through some kind of incredible transformation, when they actually built their bodies through years and years of sports while they were younger. But they sure are happy to sell "fitness plans". Ugh. Whitney was tolerable, even good, before she went full-time Youtube. I'm tired of these people wanting to cash in on easy money that essentially boils down to taking pictures of their ass. Whitney needs a real job.

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

not shocked by those pics at all. whitney has a great body but is not impressive as far as muscle goes. she only looks muscular because she's always relatively lean, so of course any muscle she has is going show more.

katrynalalock
Learner
Learner

Post by katrynalalock »

I don't mind her personality on her videos, but I really only watch certain ones because I am STILL (I KNOW GET OVER IT KAT) hung up on that DAMN front lat comment. I AM a CPT - like got an effing degree etc - and had to go a different route because it was difficult to make a huge living off it vs. other careers with my degree. Anyway, it pisses me off (most likely out of jealousy, but I'm not going to lie) that people with ZERO qualifications giving BS advice are rolling in the dough when there are others who know their shit that don't make nearly as much. Yeah yeah make a channel do it yourself blah blah but still.

Beefit

Post by Beefit »

damn, I spent this evening trying to unroll my eyes from the back of my head after hearing her talk about Converse.

@katrynalalock I agree, I heard that front lat comment too and it frustrated me to no end that I began digging to see how credible she is.

What did this girl study in college?

"Oooo oouuuu!" <-- stfu

ga7ba
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ga7ba »

Beefit wrote: "Oooo oouuuu!" <-- stfu
i know what is that :rofl:
Last edited by ga7ba on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”