Homemade Almond Maple Granola

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Homemade Almond Maple Granola

Post by Evolve »

I don't think there's anything wrong with offering an affiliate link. Like if someone here was like "hey, there's this great deal to get a free perfume from sephora" and by clicking their link they also got a free perfume, I wouldn't be mad at them. I would say 'hey, I didn't know about that deal before you told me and I really want it, so have your free perfume'

If she were the first to introduce me to audible, I'd consider it totally fair for audible to give her something in return for my business. She was the marketer who brought me there. What I have a problem with is only when the marketing is done with lies or half truths. So don't pretend you bought something when it was free or that you use something when you don't, because if I do shell out my money for it under the assumption that someone else bought it and liked it, I'm going to be pissed when it sucks.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

an0n wrote:
tuesday wrote:I agree with the audible plugs being distasteful. I don't know why she can't just say "I have a deal for a free book for you on Audible, see link below." and that is all.
That's what every other youtuber has been doing of course with an added I love the service but still nothing sneaky at all. I really think the reason Elle and Blair still sneak all their sponsorships is cause the last time they were really a part of the youtube community that was the norm but things have progressed and changed but they don't know that cause they really don't care about youtube anymore and don't spend anytime watching it.

I know there are countless examples of things Elle and Blair don't know about youtube but Elle tweeted the other day how she's messaged 3 winners of a giveaway and no one had gotten back to her. If she knew what was happening on youtube she'd know the message system is pretty much obsolete and I don't think there's a link anywhere to get to your inbox so that's why the people were missing the messages.
There is. You click on your little picture at the top right, then click Video Manager. On the left side of the page there's a link for your Inbox.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

Arielle wrote:
an0n wrote:
tuesday wrote:I agree with the audible plugs being distasteful. I don't know why she can't just say "I have a deal for a free book for you on Audible, see link below." and that is all.
That's what every other youtuber has been doing of course with an added I love the service but still nothing sneaky at all. I really think the reason Elle and Blair still sneak all their sponsorships is cause the last time they were really a part of the youtube community that was the norm but things have progressed and changed but they don't know that cause they really don't care about youtube anymore and don't spend anytime watching it.

I know there are countless examples of things Elle and Blair don't know about youtube but Elle tweeted the other day how she's messaged 3 winners of a giveaway and no one had gotten back to her. If she knew what was happening on youtube she'd know the message system is pretty much obsolete and I don't think there's a link anywhere to get to your inbox so that's why the people were missing the messages.
There is. You click on your little picture at the top right, then click Video Manager. On the left side of the page there's a link for your Inbox.
How long bloody winded! Youtube needs to sort its act out.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

xxkath wrote:
Arielle wrote: There is. You click on your little picture at the top right, then click Video Manager. On the left side of the page there's a link for your Inbox.
How long bloody winded! Youtube needs to sort its act out.
You can also just go to http://www.youtube.com/inbox but the message that appears about notifications coming though G+ really make me think that they're going to be getting rid of it in the near future.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

She is so slimy and greedy for money. It's not just the affiliate links, Audible actually PAYS for guru's just to mention their name in the videos. Sure they didn't sponsor the whole video but she's being paid likely thousands just to mention the name, not every one is as dumb as her subscirbers to not know this Elle. She must be losing money with views because she's making up for it in sponsors now, she's getting as bad as Blair.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

clairebear wrote:She is so slimy and greedy for money. It's not just the affiliate links, Audible actually PAYS for guru's just to mention their name in the videos. Sure they didn't sponsor the whole video but she's being paid likely thousands just to mention the name, not every one is as dumb as her subscirbers to not know this Elle. She must be losing money with views because she's making up for it in sponsors now, she's getting as bad as Blair.
That's not true. It's like the netflix link, they get money for people signing up even if they don't continue the service (making it way more worth while than amazon affiliate links where they have to buy the product) but they aren't given money to just mention the service and that's why it's true that she paid for the book herself that she put in the disclaimer. http://www.audibletrial.com/Information.aspx (technically about the podcast program but I'm sure it's identical for youtubers)

ilovepeachjuice
Debater
Debater

Post by ilovepeachjuice »

Not hating on the video, but does anyone else think those hedgehog measuring cups seem super inefficient? The shape of them makes it seem like it would be hard to scrape things out of, and there's no handle, so I don't really know how you could scoop anything with it.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I was thinking that the whole time

BulldogRN
Debater
Debater

Post by BulldogRN »

I didn't mind this video at all. I've never made granola, so it's not "common sense" for me, and it was nice to see all the ingredients. I didn't mind the Audible plug either. I already said this in the yt comments of her vid, but it's much better to include a plug when you're actually giving other useful info rather than just making an entire video about a sponsored product or sneaking it into a favorites video.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

BulldogRN wrote:I didn't mind this video at all. I've never made granola, so it's not "common sense" for me, and it was nice to see all the ingredients. I didn't mind the Audible plug either. I already said this in the yt comments of her vid, but it's much better to include a plug when you're actually giving other useful info rather than just making an entire video about a sponsored product or sneaking it into a favorites video.
Nobody said it was common sense. I said it wasn't hard, once you understand the basic granola recipe, to start playing around with it. And I only said that because someone else said she most likely got the recipe from Katrina (her Tone It Up friend) and didn't credit her, when really she probably just looked up how to make granola and figured out her own combination of flavors.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

an0n wrote: That's not true. It's like the netflix link, they get money for people signing up even if they don't continue the service (making it way more worth while than amazon affiliate links where they have to buy the product) but they aren't given money to just mention the service and that's why it's true that she paid for the book herself that she put in the disclaimer. http://www.audibletrial.com/Information.aspx (technically about the podcast program but I'm sure it's identical for youtubers)
Actually it is true. I run a website myself and have been reached out to by these same apps just to be paid for a mention of their name, nothing else. Seeing what they'll pay just a smaller caliber guru for the name drop I know very well she makes thousands off just her "shoutouts". She also makes money off the sign ups but is also paid just for the mention. They get around having to say it's sponsored because they don't give you the product or ask you to make a video about them just mention their product or service and your paid.

BulldogRN
Debater
Debater

Post by BulldogRN »

Arielle wrote:
BulldogRN wrote:I didn't mind this video at all. I've never made granola, so it's not "common sense" for me, and it was nice to see all the ingredients. I didn't mind the Audible plug either. I already said this in the yt comments of her vid, but it's much better to include a plug when you're actually giving other useful info rather than just making an entire video about a sponsored product or sneaking it into a favorites video.
Nobody said it was common sense. I said it wasn't hard, once you understand the basic granola recipe, to start playing around with it. And I only said that because someone else said she most likely got the recipe from Katrina (her Tone It Up friend) and didn't credit her, when really she probably just looked up how to make granola and figured out her own combination of flavors.
I know nobody said that, but a lot of people seem to think the video was useless when I don't. Videos like this are always better than favorites videos. Everyone knows beauty gurus move on from products after only a few uses. They just have too much crap to give proper info about products. I'd take a cooking/baking/food vid over than any day!

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

Money hungry Elle at it once again!

I think I might make this my signature! :lol:

purple0wnz
Learner
Learner

Post by purple0wnz »

I... I used her link to download a book :oops:

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Lol ^ I was going to look at the books they offer thru Blairs' link but you have to sign up & I got lazy. My first MP3 player had an Audible download on it which was like a million years ago, but I like the idea. Sometimes it comes in handy in the bathtub or on your commute.

I can see Elle using Audible but she makes it seem so fake. And of course she's going to try and sell something, that's the way it is with her & Blair so everyone should just let it go and save their energy.

daisyisabella1
Talker
Talker

Post by daisyisabella1 »

MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL YOUR AUDIBLE ACCOUNT! I was charged for 3 months after my free book becuase i didnt realize!!!!

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

glad i bypassed this video. sounds like a yawner.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
ilovepeachjuice wrote:Not hating on the video, but does anyone else think those hedgehog measuring cups seem super inefficient? The shape of them makes it seem like it would be hard to scrape things out of, and there's no handle, so I don't really know how you could scoop anything with it.
Definitely the kind of kitchen gadget only someone who never actually cooks would buy ;)
Plus, the tops aren't level, they are kind of slanted. They just look so awkward to use.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

daisyisabella1 wrote:MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL YOUR AUDIBLE ACCOUNT! I was charged for 3 months after my free book becuase i didnt realize!!!!
That is the other reason I didn't do it. If you don't already have an account you have to set one up & they charge you a membership fee if you don't cancel.

My local library has "virtual books on tape". You can download the player software & the books you check out go into a folder. You just check them out with your card # & borrow them like a regular book (I think you can even DL a copy?). Idk if other libraries offer this? Worth looking into if you're a bookworm.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Ah feck, double posting again...

The hedgehog cups are cute but yeah, not practical. Maybe good for dry ingredients but not for liquid or butter etc. I could see being covered in butter and slipping, breaking them and making a bloody mess. This is her first proper place on her own tho, she'll eventually learn that cute isn't always practical.

Return to “Elle Fowler”