SillyMilly123
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

January Favorites ♥ 2014!

Post by SillyMilly123 »

[youtube][/youtube]

What do you think? She sticks an audible mention in there (of course, grr) but overall I thought she seemed really natural and happy in the video. I hope she sticks to making more videos like this.

caomei
Informer
Informer

Re: January Favorites ♥ 2014!

Post by caomei »

I was super disappointed. But as soon as I saw the new Clinique blushes in the opening picture I had a feeling they were sponsored because they just came out so how could they already be a favourite? That's hardly enough time to really love a product.

And 'lo and behold they were sponsored. And same with the stupid Liz Earl stuff which I almost got suckered into buying asap (like order it online that moment) until I saw that it was also sponsored.

Another video for Elle to shove paid product placement down our throats. I have a feeling that's the only reason she posted an actual beauty video so soon after that closet tour.

Honestly, her skin care stuff changes more than people change their underwear and most of the time it's a sponsored product she's hailing as the new skin saver. Um, really Elle?

SillyMilly123
Informer
Informer

Post by SillyMilly123 »

caomei wrote:I was super disappointed. But as soon as I saw the new Clinique blushes in the opening picture I had a feeling they were sponsored because they just came out so how could they already be a favourite? That's hardly enough time to really love a product.

And 'lo and behold they were sponsored. And same with the stupid Liz Earl stuff which I almost got suckered into buying asap (like order it online that moment) until I saw that it was also sponsored.

Another video for Elle to shove paid product placement down our throats. I have a feeling that's the only reason she posted an actual beauty video so soon after that closet tour.

Honestly, her skin care stuff changes more than people change their underwear and most of the time it's a sponsored product she's hailing as the new skin saver. Um, really Elle?
I think you are mistaken - the blushes are not sponsored. Or the Liz Earle stuff. The star just means they were sent by a PR company or given to her by someone - there isn't money involved. The affiliate link stuff she has going on is the same that every guru is using these days - I notice Fleur always uses them and never gets hate for it. Tanya does too - the Tidd.ly links that the British gurus use in their profiles are affiliate links and they don't even admit to it - at least Elle says affiliate links were used.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

Those eyelashes look so ridiculous.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

She needs to stop pulling her hair back so harshly. She looks like an ant.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

Did she say that her natural hair is thick? Her whole ponytail is as thick as a pencil.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

I clicked on it, was reading the info box and didn't like any of the items. Then she started to baby talk to pinecome and I clicked out. Just unbelievable. How old is she again?

onceuponadecember
Informer
Informer

Post by onceuponadecember »

Er, Elle those are not the false eyelashes for you. They looked really fake when she looked down and when she looked at the camera it just looked like she had really thick eyeliner glooped on

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

As someone who has thick, coarse curly hair, it genuinely pisses me off when she says she does as well. Her hair might have some natural texture to it, but that doesn't equal thick, curly and coarse and I don't know why she thinks it does.
BOO

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Boo wrote:As someone who has thick, coarse curly hair, it genuinely pisses me off when she says she does as well. Her hair might have some natural texture to it, but that doesn't equal thick, curly and coarse and I don't know why she thinks it does.
It's along the same lines of every beauty guru who says they have super sensitive breakout prone skin.

socks123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socks123 »

The eyelashes made the difference in her eye size even more apparent.

telle0x
Informer
Informer

Post by telle0x »

The video was so boring, oh my goodness. She isn't even likable anymore, and is relatable to no-one. I think it is finally time to unsubscribe.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

Her lashes are waaayyy too heavy to be paired with the rest of the makeup that's on her face. It's like neutral, barely there everything and then BAM! Loads of lashes. It looks terrible.

Also, can I just say that her high ponytails bug the shit out of me? Her hair type isn't right for that hairstyle. At least Blair's hair is bouncy when it's put up like that, meanwhile Elle's hair looks lifeless and thin and it doesn't suit her at all. She doesn't have enough hair for it. Looks so stupid.

BlueEyedBelle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BlueEyedBelle »

Why does she keep doing her hair like this? It's not even a look I would be able to stand looking at myself alone in the house with.

Her eyelashes were fucking ridiculous.

Post by Guest »

I'm just going to admit that I actually used her Audible affiliate link and I'm really enjoying it!

angel face
Informer
Informer

Post by angel face »

she still uploads? lol. exited the video right when she started talking to her cat

Post by Guest »

I'm not a ~hair guru~ but can't you have thick hair, but not have a lot of it? I have thin hair, but a shit ton of it, so it kind of gives off the thick look.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Haha I remember recommending the SH topcoat to her like 8 months ago and she's just talking about it now. It really is good tho and I agree with her about electric toothbrushes. Someone gave me an Oral B & there is a huge difference.

But her lashes are ridiculous & her ponytail is weird. It's too high & tight but thin at the ends and not really long enough for a high ponytail like that. It was cuter in the bow in her vlog, idk what happened. Everything she does lately is just like "NO dude, what are you doing?! Stop, please, listen to us, let us help you".

Post by Guest »

Izzybee wrote:I'm not a ~hair guru~ but can't you have thick hair, but not have a lot of it? I have thin hair, but a shit ton of it, so it kind of gives off the thick look.
You can have thick hairS, but have thin HAIR. And vice-versa. Perhaps elle has thick individual hairS, but not much hair collectively.

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

Mallory wrote:Did she say that her natural hair is thick? Her whole ponytail is as thick as a pencil.

i know LMAO i love that. shes sitting there talking about the heaps of hair that she says meanwhile i can count her hairstrands on one hand :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Elle Fowler”