LVlover cc

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Re: LVlover cc

Post by Brizgos »

I wish she would take some English classes. She just sounds awful because she's trying to describe her items or tell a story , and so boring. If I didn't want to check out the bags she has purchased, I just couldn't handle those videos. Think I will have to put it on mute in future or I'll be tearing my hair out.

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by ItsAndrew »

Brizgos wrote:I wish she would take some English classes. She just sounds awful because she's trying to describe her items or tell a story , and so boring. If I didn't want to check out the bags she has purchased, I just couldn't handle those videos. Think I will have to put it on mute in future or I'll be tearing my hair out.
Perhaps she could start doing videos in her native language and put on English subtitles? Just a thought.

marakoojah_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by marakoojah_ »

she kept saying "my gel" when referring to her daighter. thought that was her name. turns out she was trying to say "my girl"

_blush_
Learner
Learner

Post by _blush_ »

The way she styles herself (logos head to toe), the way she purchases things and her choices very much makes her look like she's overcompensating for something or that she's using her shopping addiction as a coping mechanism for something.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

_blush_ wrote:The way she styles herself (logos head to toe), the way she purchases things and her choices very much makes her look like she's overcompensating for something or that she's using her shopping addiction as a coping mechanism for something.
It certainly seems that way. Seems like the only friends she has are her youtube "friends". She gets true joy out of the praise she gets from her subbies.

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

I'm honestly so over the latest phase of stay-at-home women burning through their husband's wallets like it's the Olympics: Charise, Sonal Maherali, Claire, and a whole bunch more on Instagram that don't have channels. Is there a luxury channel where someone actually works for what they have?

aishpabo
Debater
Debater

Post by aishpabo »

She's a very typical korean with her brand names. She seems sweet tho.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

lowkeylaurie wrote:I'm honestly so over the latest phase of stay-at-home women burning through their husband's wallets like it's the Olympics: Charise, Sonal Maherali, Claire, and a whole bunch more on Instagram that don't have channels. Is there a luxury channel where someone actually works for what they have?
Yes, there is a youtuber called chaseamie who lives in England and she has a full time job. She has her own thread on guru gossip. You might find her interesting as she has a serious shopping addiction. I watch some of her videos to remind myself how sane I am after all. Lol

danitay
Talker
Talker

Post by danitay »

I find watching her to be very calming in an odd way. My own life is stressful as hell, but it's weirdly calming to watch someone whose biggest problem in life is deciding whether to return a Chanel bag with a dent in it. She seems harmless enough though, and I doubt she's breaking the bank or anything. I remember her mentioning once that they live in Tallahassee? That's not an expensive area, so they probably already have their house paid off, in which case they could easily spare at least $30-40K a year on luxury items.

Post by Guest »

I feel very mixed about this YouTuber. On the one hand, I think she is a sweet, harmless person and means well. I don’t find her obnoxious like Jerusha or fake like ChaseAmie. With that said, I think she is a stereotypical, Asian labelwhore. I sometimes cringe when I see her outfits; seeing all those ostentatious labels from head to toe looks so gauche to me. I don’t know how she thinks her outfits look good. I get wanting to look nice, but limit the labels to one to two pieces.

Her constant buying and selling really tops some other luxury youtubers I follow, and I find her need to shop kinda sad. Unlike her YouTube peers, I don’t think she does it to “one up” them; rather, it seems like she is bored and lonely and uses shopping to fill her days.

Lastly, I was horrified when I saw that she even had the audacity to return the Birkin. I don’t own any Hermès and am not interested in their bags, but from what I understand, those bags aren’t just offered to anyone, especially to a client that doesn’t even have an extensive buying history.

In any case, seems sweet, just excessive.

_blush_
Learner
Learner

Post by _blush_ »

adel220, you have coherently described everything off that I feel about this woman!

There's just an air of desperation to her to be dressed in "LOOK, EXPENSIVE!" from head to toe. Like she wouldn't be caught dead wearing a non-label lest everyone thinks she's not high-class or unable to afford it.

The second-hand embarrassment is killing me. :?

Post by Guest »

_blush_ wrote:adel220, you have coherently described everything off that I feel about this woman!

There's just an air of desperation to her to be dressed in "LOOK, EXPENSIVE!" from head to toe. Like she wouldn't be caught dead wearing a non-label lest everyone thinks she's not high-class or unable to afford it.

I think it’s an Asian thing to deck yourself out in labels - as in, middle to upper-middle class city women from China, Korea, and Japan do it. That and it’s clear she has had some cosmetic surgery done, which is what a lot of those women in her bracket and background do. Which I guess would be ok there but here in the US, especially in a small city in Florida, her look is off-putting. I do feel a little bad talking poorly about her because it seems like she is simply unaware with how tacky she is. She seems like a very nice lady for the most part.

On the opposite spectrum, JerushaCouture dresses like a total slob and insists on carrying her dirty LV bags on top of it. Like lvlovercc, Jerusha seems bored and lonely and buys and sells like madwoman. At least lvlovercc isn’t a fake liar and obnoxious loudmouth like Jerusha is. :roll:

Post by Guest »

adel220 wrote:
_blush_ wrote:adel220, you have coherently described everything off that I feel about this woman!

I think it’s an Asian thing to deck yourself out in labels - as in, middle to upper-middle class city women from China, Korea, and Japan do it. That and it’s clear she has had some cosmetic surgery done, which is what a lot of those women in her bracket and background do. Which I guess would be ok there but here in the US, especially in a small city in Florida, her look is off-putting. I do feel a little bad talking poorly about her because it seems like she is simply unaware with how tacky she is. She seems like a very nice lady for the most part.

On the opposite spectrum, JerushaCouture dresses like a total slob and insists on carrying her dirty LV bags on top of it. Like lvlovercc, Jerusha seems bored and lonely and buys and sells like madwoman. At least lvlovercc isn’t a fake liar and obnoxious loudmouth like Jerusha is. :roll:
Sorry, I didn't mean to say that her cosmetic surgery is off-putting, but the head to toe Chanel-Gucci-Cartier-Valentino look is.

peaced
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by peaced »

One thinf I keep noticing is that when someone comments in her native language (Korean), she persistently comments back in English. I find this weird since she’s not that fluent in English and there’s no way that she finds it more comfortable than replying in Korean.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I like her, but it is clear to see that her happiness is based solely on what her "friends" and subbies feel about her. I think she would be crushed if she didn't purchase items and get the ooohs and aaaahs that she gets from her supposed "friends". This is why she's probably constantly buying items. She used to seem to really enjoy her stuff. Now it's more like she enjoys it for the moment or until she stops getting as many compliments and then it's on to the next.

Post by Guest »

peaced wrote:One thinf I keep noticing is that when someone comments in her native language (Korean), she persistently comments back in English. I find this weird since she’s not that fluent in English and there’s no way that she finds it more comfortable than replying in Korean.
It's possible she does that because she doesn't want to appear rude to other people who don't speak Korean and may not understand the context of the conversation, even if it's not serious or personal. I know people feel differently about replying to someone in their native language vs. English; I grew up in a bilingual household so I struggled with this a lot. I try to give her the benefit of the doubt for that.

I wonder what kind of content she is going to think of doing next? So far I have been skipping her videos because they're mostly OOTDs. I'd like to see her focus on actual favorites or updates on how she feels about the bags/SLGs she has. I doubt we'll see the latter as she tends to sell after a short period of time.

danitay
Talker
Talker

Post by danitay »

I think her real motivation for spending so much on luxury goods is that she's one of those women who thinks spending a lot of the man's money will lock him down and make him more committed, since the guy has already "invested so much" in the woman he won't want to leave and start over with another woman (that's how the thinking goes at least).

I think spending a lot is a also way to show her husband "what she's worth." Since she doesn't have her own career, I think this is a way to tell her husband, "Don't look down on me just because I depend on you financially...I'm worth a lot and I need all these luxury things."

whatamievendoing
Talker
Talker

Post by whatamievendoing »

Her latest video is an unboxing/haul thing and she's bought 3 pairs of Manolo Blahniks at once and I feel like this really sums her up - she randomly gets obsessed with brands and buys every single thing they have, and then a few months later she sells everything to buy a full collection of another brand, it's exhausting!

She either doesn't know what she likes in terms of styles or she just doesn't care bc she doesn't have anything else to do :roll:

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

So now all of a sudden she has a job that she never told us about :? side-eye. Claims that in addition to stay at home wife she also works from home while handling both her toddlers. Ok.....sure.

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

I noticed this too about her “working” and was wondering if she meant filming videos.

Return to “LVlover cc”