Minks4All

drogers4205

Re: Minks4All

Post by drogers4205 »

Arby wrote:I'm going to put out a guess that she works at a T Mobile. She mentioned in a recent video that she works for a well known retailer but it wasn't a glamourous job. She also mentioned how they now have to wear jeans and polo opposed to khaki's and polo. T Mobile from what I've read have made that switch in uniform.
She no longer works. I believe youtube is her "job" and that she also resells used luxury items for "clients"

some1hing
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by some1hing »

Minnie seams sweet but I found her laughter in one of "whats in my bag videos" kinda evil sounding. She laughs like a movie villain :rofl:

Anyways, guys have you discovered Lux_Mommy channel, she's into lux bags (especially lv) and in a way she's the antithesis of Minnie - shes a adoptive mom of two young boys, and she's a sweetheart. (small channel just 6k subies), got her as a recommendation thru Minnie's channel.

Kate9845
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kate9845 »

I like watching her videos - much more so than many other youtubers who just post about what they bought and provide no other real substantive information. Also I love her minks Mondays which are informative. I have refrained from or bought things based on her reviews. Whereas some YouTubers make me just flat out decide I don't want something because the YouTuber is exceedingly annoying. For example, I had been thinking about purchasing a smaller Chanel wallet and then saw a YouTuber I can't stand buy the wallet and rave about it. Ick. I also like that Minnie doesn't vlog. Sorry to say this but I can't stand vlogs!

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

I like Minks I think her reviews are genuine and thorough but I cannot stand how she thinks the LV monogram is the holy grail of all luxury pieces that have ever existed. Her collection is repetitive and boring and really how many LV monogram items does she need? It's so annoying how she keeps buying essentially the same thing over and over again. I literally groaned out loud when she unboxed her Nice BB because it was the most useless handbag purchase I've ever seen been made on YouTube. I'd love for her to branch out and try new brands and different types of leathers, her Celine video was really refreshing and I genuinely enjoyed it, there's only so many LV videos she can do before it becomes a snoozefest.

ohemgeeguys
Learner
Learner

Post by ohemgeeguys »

I think her content is really good, but can't bring myself to watch most of her videos because of her constant mis-pronunciations. I cringe every time I hear her say "poo-chette". What's even worse is her pronunciation of "vachetta" because she refuses to acknowledge that it's incorrect - she acts like either pronunciation is fine. She's very much the stereotypical "ugly American" - she treats foreign languages like they don't matter. I don't expect her to say things with a French accent, but is it too much to ask for the Americanized version? ...Of which "poo-chette" and "va-ketta" are not.

Also, I agree - she laughs like a villain, Ursula to be exact. I wonder if she smokes.

notsosilly
Informer
Informer

Post by notsosilly »

I do like her and her videos. The only problem is that she is no paranoid and anal about everything, that is annoying at times. Sometimes I feel as if she was like those old ladies that has severe OCD.

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

I like Minnie's videos but she is literally the opposite of classy and chic. I can't watch her videos (I listen to them on another tab) because the background clutter drives me insane.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

anonymous123 wrote:I like Minnie's videos but she is literally the opposite of classy and chic. I can't watch her videos (I listen to them on another tab) because the background clutter drives me insane.
LOL and her always saying how a bag is an investment, yet she has mentioned on more than one occasion that she lives in a less than desirable neighborhood.

Priorities are a mess.

notsosilly
Informer
Informer

Post by notsosilly »

drogers4205 wrote:
anonymous123 wrote:I like Minnie's videos but she is literally the opposite of classy and chic. I can't watch her videos (I listen to them on another tab) because the background clutter drives me insane.
LOL and her always saying how a bag is an investment, yet she has mentioned on more than one occasion that she lives in a less than desirable neighborhood.

Priorities are a mess.
She is a hoarder! I mean we don't see her talking about fashion or anything like that. It is clear that she has none.

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

I cringe every time I see that beige GST with the stickers still on in the background of her videos, and when she talked about how paranoid she is I couldn't take it anymore and closed the video. It's literally just a bag. :roll: And her hoarding obsession with everything Louis Vuitton is so annoying, and it honestly doesn't sell as well as she thinks it does, every time I see LV anything on pre-loved websites they're always marked down significantly from their retail value,

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

Didn't want to quote all of you but basically replying all....

Yes the beige GST with BLUE stickers on it! I can understand keeping it that way for a little bit tbh... especially if it's your first major handbag purchase and you're nervous. But I think she's had it for a few years? I had the feeling she was keeping the stickers on so she could resell it letter and they make it appear less used.

I like LV but my items are 95% epi leather so I'm starting to lose interest. She rarely talks about it except to say it's "not for her".

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

lowkeylaurie wrote:I cringe every time I see that beige GST with the stickers still on in the background of her videos, and when she talked about how paranoid she is I couldn't take it anymore and closed the video. It's literally just a bag. :roll: And her hoarding obsession with everything Louis Vuitton is so annoying, and it honestly doesn't sell as well as she thinks it does, every time I see LV anything on pre-loved websites they're always marked down significantly from their retail value,
My goodness! If this isn't just plain old tacky. How in the world can she carry a bag, any bag let alone Chanel, around with blue protection stickers still on it? I can't even get into how tacky this is. If your so worried about carrying a bag and scratching it then maybe you should purchase less expensive items. My guess is that she really wants to sell at a profit for when Chanel increases their prices, but still. That should not be your main thought process when shopping and buying a bag. I know when/if she wears it out and people see the blue stickers they cringe. Some may even try to be helpful and let her know "hey miss...you still have the stickers on your bag". I just don't get it.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

anonymous123 wrote:Didn't want to quote all of you but basically replying all....

Yes the beige GST with BLUE stickers on it! I can understand keeping it that way for a little bit tbh... especially if it's your first major handbag purchase and you're nervous. But I think she's had it for a few years? I had the feeling she was keeping the stickers on so she could resell it letter and they make it appear less used.

I like LV but my items are 95% epi leather so I'm starting to lose interest. She rarely talks about it except to say it's "not for her".
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I think she only owns LV leather SLG's. I don't think she owns anything in the EPI or the Empriente. Not that it matters because she'll speak on it and any other designer as if she's an authority on it.

notsosilly
Informer
Informer

Post by notsosilly »

Oh good god :roll: how many flip flops or slides one need??

I mean can someone please tell her to get more creative. The stuff that she buys are all the same.

I've never seen someone so proud of having a LV bags trifecta.

I find her so paranoid and awkward about every little details. She reminded me those old ladies that get abnoyed by everything.

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

Have you guys seen her instagram? First of all it drives me crazy that she posts landscape shape photos instead of squares. Second of all it's just a variation of the same photo over and over. Her bag, accessories, and shoes (mainly tacky flip flops)

Speaking of the flip flops. She strikes me as a person who acts so luxe, but only buys the cheapest of designer brands (i.e. flip flop shoes or canvas LV). Nothing wrong with that if it's what you love, but I feel like she buys just to say she has Valentino shoes, or LV purse, if you know what I mean

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

^^^ I hadn't noticed that before and I went on her Instagram and you're right! All she ever buys are the 'cheaper' options like flip flops, coin purses, card holders, and canvas. She has a million coin purses that do the exact same job, I don't understand how she can justify having a crapload of the same exact things in a different color. I would never ever do that, even if I really liked something, I'd still get it in only one color and find a way to make it all work together with everything else I have; not only would I be saving money but also saving space. Maybe if she wasn't constantly buying useless items like flip flops and pochettes she might actually be able to save up to buy a proper bag or proper shoes for once.

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

How many times did she say "I feel..." in her handbag for every occasion tag? It had to be at least 100 :shock:

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

So....she picked up a light colored Chanel Deauville tote. I wonder if it will get as much wear as her "holy grail" LV white multicolor that she NEVER wore and sold because she was too scared to get color transfer on it. SMH....

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Hmmm.....a new "Series" to focus on an individual luxury item. And how is this different than just a normal review? She can put whatever spin she wants on it....it's just another review of something she's already shown before. SMH...

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

drogers4205 wrote:Hmmm.....a new "Series" to focus on an individual luxury item. And how is this different than just a normal review? She can put whatever spin she wants on it....it's just another review of something she's already shown before. SMH...
I agree... It seems lately it has just been the same content in a different form.

On another note, I think she would look really nice if she cut her hair into a long bob. The long stringy, unstyled hair is so flat and tired.

Return to “Minks4All”