Bubzbeauty | Part 1

catlover222
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Puppy Eyes Makeup

Post by catlover222 »

I liked this tutorial. I have never tried it since I do not own makeup. I just realised that she wears circle lenses in most of her makeup tutorials. I never realised that till now.
I will try to not say mean things about others.

Blushed_flushed
Learner
Learner

Re: Korean Natural Makeup

Post by Blushed_flushed »

oxprincessxo wrote:I have a feeling this is going to get me hate, but let me just put a disclaimer: I am speaking from personal experience and what has been shared with me. I in no way mean to offend anyone.

I don't understand why so many Asians who aren't Korean try to be Korean. This is not her first video talking about her admiration of Koreans. I am half-Taiwanese and my best friend had a Korean exchange student for awhile. The Korean exchange student hated me for awhile, and when my best friend found out why it was because I was Taiwanese. A lot of Koreans (not all, but this, as explained to me is a part of their culture) are quite elitist, especially toward other Asians. So I never understood this trend, much less why so many beauty gurus would be promoting that other Asians should try to be more Korean, or promote the idea that Koreans are, indeed, above other Asians.

I mean, I never see "Tribal inspired make-up" or "Native American inspired make-up" or anything like that - why just this odd Korean imitation?

Again, please don't hurl insults about me being ignorant, misinformed, etc. This is what I have experienced personally and have been told. I'm just really confused by this.
Wow.. I know this was posted a long time ago, but I'm really sorry about how that Korean girl treated you. I'm Korean myself and I feel so embarrassed when I hear stories about my ppl being mean to people of other nationalities for no fucking reason. Ignorance is definitely the biggest problem considering racism in my country. I'm really sorry. About bubz's tutorial, no one does makeup like that in SK anymore, what the hell? I don't know why she keeps making tutorials like "korean natural ---". They're so inaccurate. This tutorial literally looks like it popped out of a kdrama in 2007. Plus, it doesn't look natural at all.

earmuffal
Learner
Learner

Post by earmuffal »

The circle lenses and the "puffy eyes" are quite trendy in Asia... A lot of Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, Korea) girls I know where circle lenses every day. The puffy eyes is a more recent trend because its said that somebody with natural puffs under their eyes are considered really cute. But faking it with glittering highlighter is not flattering at all.

Korea and Japan are two major trend setter in Asia, but Japanese makeups tend to be overly sweet and girlish so it didn't really catch on in the U.S. The Korean style is clean and fresh. It's nice to look at but people going crazy and try to be Korean just need to grow up.

Debater
Debater

Post by 007 »

oxprincessxo wrote:I have a feeling this is going to get me hate, but let me just put a disclaimer: I am speaking from personal experience and what has been shared with me. I in no way mean to offend anyone.

I don't understand why so many Asians who aren't Korean try to be Korean. This is not her first video talking about her admiration of Koreans. I am half-Taiwanese and my best friend had a Korean exchange student for awhile. The Korean exchange student hated me for awhile, and when my best friend found out why it was because I was Taiwanese. A lot of Koreans (not all, but this, as explained to me is a part of their culture) are quite elitist, especially toward other Asians. So I never understood this trend, much less why so many beauty gurus would be promoting that other Asians should try to be more Korean, or promote the idea that Koreans are, indeed, above other Asians.

I mean, I never see "Tribal inspired make-up" or "Native American inspired make-up" or anything like that - why just this odd Korean imitation?

Again, please don't hurl insults about me being ignorant, misinformed, etc. This is what I have experienced personally and have been told. I'm just really confused by this.
I am asian and living in hk (where bubz lives), at least where i live, TV is playing korean drama every single day, quite a lot people listen to kpop, and we travel to seoul like at least twice a year for the past 3-4 years (yes, lots of people do that), the streets or department stores are full of korean brands, we used to only have 2 korean beauty brands in the past, now we have almost every brand you can find in seoul. we also have tons of korean restaurant or korean style ice cream shop nowadays :roll:
I don't know what that is, I kinda hate korean drama / celebrities / beauty trend(I'm beauty junkie and i still hate), but I went to seoul to see whats the hype all about, and I LOVE the living style there, even visiting their supermarket is fun, I really want to stay there for months to see how is the living :? for someone like me who hates everything korean still likes the place, other asians are much more easier to get fancy by their trend, i guess
english is my 4th language :love2:

Debater
Debater

Post by 007 »

TiffanyMaxwell wrote:I don't really get all the fuss about Korea. I mean sure, South Korea must be a nice country from what I've seen (North Korea not that much..lol), but I don't get why so many people are so crazy for that country all of the sudden? I personally find Japanese and Chinese history and culture much more interesting.. But then again, just because you like a certain country's culture, why would you want to actually act as if you were from there? :? That's beyond me.

Anyways, I couldn't care less about those Korean Make up and Korean Hair style tutorials. I don't see anything "Korean" about it which is unique to people of only that ethnicity. I don't think that recreating looks itself means that those people wana be the person they copied the look from, I think that's absolutely legitimate that if you admire a certain look, you want to apply it onto yourself. However, those tutorials have nothing really outstandingly Korean about themselves and Bubz does the same looks every time by using different colours anyway.
I didn't watch those tutorials but I can tell you from what I know :)

Korean vs Japanese classic Makeup:
foundation : dewy and super pale, no powder / porcelain flawless finish
cheek: act like putting nothing / very light bubblegum pink (which means blue/purple based)
eyes: only wear beige or light brown eyeshadow, very natural mascara(usually won't do the bottom part),eyeliner is very slim, act like nothing / slightly long winged out, always focus on bottom lashes, wears false lashes, high shimmer bronzy eyeshadow
contour: very light handed, mostly highlight only / focus on shaping a lot
lip: bright coral or neon pink matt finish / baby pink glossy lip

Korean VS Japanese hair:
color: black or brown / medium ~ dark golden blonde
wave: straight or act like nothing blow dry / always curl
styling : low pony tail or low bun / braids with hair down

other asian countries:
kind of in between their trend because they're not big country in beauty, when a beauty product is made in asia, its' 95% korea/ japan

Korean beauty does feel unique to other asians
english is my 4th language :love2:

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

When it comes to Asian cosmetics and skincare, the market is dominated by Korean and Japanese brands -- I completely agree that the whole Korean trend is likely to appeal to only Asians... and other individuals from other parts of the world who have some interest in K-pop/K-dramas. I'm going to argue that there is worth in watching the Korean makeup trends. The look may be pretty bland -- it's just the natural look a lot of people go for but look outside of the typical makeup look. I think some of their cosmetics have very innovative technologies, such as the cushion foundation or BB cream. I don't use it but I can see how the cushion can control application and how it can be a more sanitary option.

If I want to know the Korean makeup trends, I'll go watch someone like Jung Saem Mool (she's got a youtube channel with English subtitles). What better way to keep up the trends than to watch the trend makers themselves, who actually put the makeup on the celebrities? I am a big fan of Jung Saem Mool when it comes to her techniques of application. She's like the Korean version of Bobbi Brown. I also enjoy watching the various clips of Get It Beauty that people upload onto Youtube with subs. This video demonstrates some of the differences you can see when you use her 'contrast' techniques (it's in parts but her BB cream/foundation application is my favourite because you can prevent your face from looking flat and you don't need contour powder to have dimension):

[youtube][/youtube]

Don't follow Bubz for the makeup tutorials. I wish she'd do her research to keep up with the trends if she's going to do a Korean makeup look. Then again, she can only do one look and the screenshots do all the talking.

I don't hate the Korean trends. It's just that the whole craze over K-pop and other Korean exports is bringing about a new wave of the Korean counterpart of weeaboos (what do you call them?). It's one thing to appreciate Korean trends and culture but it's a whole another thing to "be" Korean and giving yourself a Korean name, claiming to be Korean but you're really not. You shouldn't take what you please when it comes to a different culture and appropriating it to fit your desires. Those kinds of people give me second-hand embarrassment. I don't like to be lumped in with a bunch of people who romanticise a culture. If I'm learning about a culture, I want to take truth -- the good and bad, the context of it all.

As for the whole puffy eyes trend, I'm not a huge fan but it makes me feel okay about my own puffy eyes/bags...

Ewewewno
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ewewewno »

Tsubaki wrote: I don't hate the Korean trends. It's just that the whole craze over K-pop and other Korean exports is bringing about a new wave of the Korean counterpart of weeaboos (what do you call them?). It's one thing to appreciate Korean trends and culture but it's a whole another thing to "be" Korean and giving yourself a Korean name, claiming to be Korean but you're really not. You shouldn't take what you please when it comes to a different culture and appropriating it to fit your desires. Those kinds of people give me second-hand embarrassment. I don't like to be lumped in with a bunch of people who romanticise a culture. If I'm learning about a culture, I want to take truth -- the good and bad, the context of it all.
I agree. A few years ago she was a Weeaboo, they are called Koreaboo's lol so awkward watching them try so hard.Her 'Korean' tutorials are pointless, all the same! and when she sings- FAIL :roll:

Ewewewno
Lurker
Lurker

Re: HER VOICE

Post by Ewewewno »

DamnAsian wrote:Her high-pitched "cute" babyvoice is just NO.
I agree "haneeeeeeeeeee" the tone and the way she over exaggerates words :roll:

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

Call me a racist irish republican from across the border but I find the 'Norn Iron' accent to be grating and Bubz's strong accent really irritates me.

neuroticbitch
Talker
Talker

Post by neuroticbitch »

Me too. If I even go as far as Dublin though the accent grates on me, and if I'm up north I find northern accents kind of annoying, but I feel like theirs is just so strong. Like I don't know anyone from belfast with an accent that strong.
''Well, look who I ran into,'' crowed Coincidence.

''Please,'' flirted Fate, ''this was meant to be.''

You_Are_Irrelevant
Stalker
Stalker

Makeup Tutorials

Post by You_Are_Irrelevant »

I don't know if there is a thread on this, but can we just talk about her makeup tutorial videos? Jesus christ, this girl is so repetitive when it comes to her tutorials and the videos are full of cringe worthy open mouth poses. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS? She's so boring with her looks, especially her Korean style makeup. I have nothing wrong with that makeup style, BUT she just makes it look terribly AWFUL. Lastly, her thumbnails are cheesy. For example the "Makeup for Heartache" one. Anyone out there agree? Sorry for no photos.

aloevera
Learner
Learner

Re: Makeup Tutorials

Post by aloevera »

Well...she looks rather man-like when she smiles genuinely with teeth, so maybe that's why her expressions are like that- I personally am scared of those who have both rows of teeth showing when they smile. Even worse when it's both rows plus gums. :(

ScarlettAisha
Learner
Learner

Her annoying "chin smile"

Post by ScarlettAisha »

I don't know if this was discussed before, and I'm sorry I haven't been around for about two years so I missed alot of conversations :P , but I was recently watching her videos and seen some of her instagram pics and I know I have noticed it before, but dang! I cannot stand her posing face anymore, it annoys the crap out of me! I know that everyone has their photo face, so to say, but Lindy's is absolutely always the same. When she's being herself in her videos, she never does the faces she does when she poses and you can see her chin is normal, she almost looks like she has prognatism in most of her poses. She absolutely exaggerated in the one from her hair dyeing photo. I just wish she chilled with the chin out pose, it's been bugging me for years now and I'm sure I'm not the only one... I know she wants to look like a k-pop star, it's obvious with all she does, and she wants a v-shaped face as well, but sticking out your chin like that is only going to make you look stupid, not at all pretty.
bjhh.jpg
csaws.jpg
sV SDdc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sapphire463
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Her annoying "chin smile"

Post by Sapphire463 »

I can't stand that chin smile either when she doesn't show her teeth. I don't understand. She has a nice smile so IDK why she does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

i think its to copy jessica from snsd

they have similar chins but jessicas naturally juts out because she had something done to them like botox or fillers maybe

all her poses look tupid not just her chin smile in my opinion

utsukushii
Learner
Learner

Post by utsukushii »

OMG in the first photo, she looks *exactly* like Jessica from GG!! I would have thought that it was Jessica if no one mentioned it was Bubz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperSmashPeach
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by SuperSmashPeach »

every time she's flying she says Pray for us
like wtf... let me tell you guys, i hate flying! i feel extremely unwell not only on an airplane but already when i have to go to airport, check-in etc. everything that has something to do with a plane journey stresses and scares me. i know flying is relatively safe and my BF tries to calm me down and stuff. but i never asked him or any other person to pray for me. my biggest fear is the pilot being a dick. but she's pissing me off with her Pray for us speech.

burnbabyburn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by burnbabyburn »

My smile is actually quite similar to this! Haha. Definitely thinking of Jessica when I saw the first one too. She tries too hard in my opinion and looks quite stupid,don't get me wrong, I like Bubz but the pray for us thing is irritating me too. I've never been on a plane and they do scare me a bit,I feel worried thinking about it and there's no way I'd be able to sleep on a flight. We understand that there are risks but usually it's safe,turn it down a notch Lindy.

Noko
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Noko »

yes. Agree so bad haha. I think I'm used to her pulling this face (though it doesn't make it any less flattering whenever I see it)
I thought it was particularly bad in that fall makeup screen cap thing.
It made her chin/jaw look ginormous.

I think she does it not only to copy kpop celebrities but also to force the dimples out.

[yoonicorn]

Post by [yoonicorn] »

How could you insult Jessica like that :(
She's always reminded me of 2009 Yuri actually. Especially in that Womanizer Performance she did.
Now every time I see either I think of Lindy. She's like the lovechild of both of them. :(

Return to “Bubzbeauty”