Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by Eleabear57 »

I really love that this thread has people being respectful and kind about eachother's ethics. Kat von D is the kind of vegan I hate. The kinds of vegans like unnnatural vegan on youtube were what pushed me to eliminate as much meat as I could (I don't have the discipline to be a full on vegan or vegetarian yet.) See in my eyes, it was noble in the times when we were hunter-gatherers where we could kill a buffalo and use every part of it (before mass buffalo hunting, that is). But now we literally grind up male chicks alive because they're seen as a wasteful and expensive byproduct of mass production. What the hell? So in my mind I'm okay with hunting for LEGITIMATE purposes and honoring the animal you had to kill by using every single part of it that you can for food, clothing, etc. Not just parts used for wealthy people that want them without using the rest of the animal. Or for mass production of food. Factory farming of animals and circuses are awful and misuse animals. But...now more back on topic...Kat is the disgusting kind of consumer that only uses the animals for what she wants...edgy things like leather. I don't pretend to be all for ethical treatment of animals and then wear leather. I don't know how she can get away with it. And taxidermy? Good lord, that's trophy hunting Kat. You supported it. You paid for it. You are no better than the dentist and don't need to be condescending. She reminds me of freelee, totally condescending vegan but then goes and gets breast implants that are tested on animals. Go figure.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

Lady_Mary wrote:
Shut_up_Sara0 wrote:Yay! Other people who dont like her :D She is a complete hypocrital, and I have not liked any of her products I tried.! She also was engaged twice to Jesse James (a neo-nazi) plus the anti-semitic autograph (she claims was faked) made me avoid her products.
wait what? Jesse James, you mean Sandra Bullocks husband?! Oh noooo... I LOVE Sandra Bullock and I was so disappointed when I learned that he ditched her for Kat von D. I cannot imagine Sandra being with a neo nazi... . are you sure?
Yes, Jesse's neo-Nazi behaviour was well documented in the media around the time he and Sandra got divorced. You can google it all!

pins
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by pins »

I'm really glad to see this thread being created. I'm a vegetarian and even I found her whole Cecil incident rather disrespectful. I posted a comment pointing out her hypocrite ways and she deleted my comment a few minutes later.

I also got attacked by her vegan followers for my comment, which I found rather sad. But way to go vegan community for attacking one of your own :tu: I know not everyone in the vegan/vegetarian community is like this, but vegans like Kat and others make me feel so ashamed to introduce myself as a vegetarian.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

OMG no wonder she is a nazi. Her dad is from German descend, born in Argentina. A lot of German nazis fled to Argentina to escape the Russians and Americans... that'll explain it...

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I'm glad someone finally called her out... when Miami and LA Ink were at the height of their popularity I really wanted to like her, but her voice and just the way she talks is cringeworthy. She sounds like a brain dead teenage girl. Her appearance makes up for the fact that she has nearly 0 personality and it's all carried on her style.

Satinla
Talker
Talker

Post by Satinla »

Not sure if this has been brought up already, just skimmed thru some of the comments. Read the ones that caught my eye, oops. But anyways, has anyone looked further in to see if her products are actually PETA approved? I know she says they all are now completely free of animal testing, but not sure, just wondering!

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

Satinla wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up already, just skimmed thru some of the comments. Read the ones that caught my eye, oops. But anyways, has anyone looked further in to see if her products are actually PETA approved? I know she says they all are now completely free of animal testing, but not sure, just wondering!
Nope and I wouldn't rely on it. I stopped trusting NGOs ever since I figured out how much donation money they are wasting... .

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

I used to like her, despite her bitchy, stuck-up attitude in the later seasons of LA Ink and the way she treated her employees but her comments surrounding the murder of Cecil the lion just rubbed me the wrong way. She's a fucking hypocrite.

I've always been a meat eater but I was also brought up my parents and grandmother to be an animal lover so with that I was taught to only eat meat and animal products from sustainable sources (free range, sedated before slaughter etc). I guess this is one of the reasons why I am so opposed to battery farming, bloodsport, taxidermy and leather/fur manufacture.

Kat's spiel rubbed me the wrong for several reasons:
1. How DARE she generalize a certain group of people based on their diet and make the bullshit assumption that they support bloodsport because they choose to eat meat and eggs/dairy products that come from animals that are bred for that very purpose.
2. She acts like it's a huge crime yet tries to defend her choices of collecting taxidermy and leather by saying they're vintage antiques or are constructed from roadkill that would otherwise just rot. Sure they might but that's what happens in the lifecycle. Either that or another animal will come along and benefit from eating the remains. Either of those provide the animal more dignity than being stuffed and collecting dust and cobwebs in your fucking house!
3. She claims to support adopting animals from shelters yet has 2 purebred hairless cats that have had numerous health problems when she could've picked up a couple of perfectly healthy mogs from a shelter that would've been as equally lovable.

Also the way she runs her tattoo studio is fucking bullshit. Unless the artist you want to work with is interested enough in what you want done, you won't get a response.

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

Lady_Mary wrote:
Yeah, I never was one for a lot of meat/animal flesh (sounds so gross...haha) or milk and I teeter on the anemic line. As a matter of fact, today was the first time I had red meat in probably 5 or 6 months and I am literally sick to my stomach, from eating it....like really sick. Colon cancer runs in my family, so I avoid it like the plague, for the most part...I wish I had today, why I'm up so let typing (almost 1:30 am, where I'm at).
I eat a lot of red/black beans, but it hasn't done much for the anemia...it's a very hard thing to get the balance right, when being vegetarian/vegan. The hardest thing for me would be to give up ice cream and cheese...the imitations are pretty good, though.
Ya know, I have done quite a lot of researcha and study on diet, because I have been struggling with my ethics every since I was forced to go back to meat and fish. One thing i can say for sure: it is very very very hard to find an author/book/documentary that isn't sponsored by either party/industry. Even research teams and universities are being sponsored by the food industry. How do you think they get the budget to perform lenghty and costly researcht that is up MILLIONS of USD to finance? This can't be covered by donations or tax money only. It is very very furstrating to find an undoctored, unbaised and honest researcher. If you want to learn the truth, you have to follow the money.

I have read vegan books (up to this day I stil own several vegan cookbooks), ketogenic books, paleo, low carb, the mediterranean diet, south beach, the starch diet - goodnes I HAVE THEM ALL! Spent sooo much money on educating myself, just to find out that they are all based on research that have been doctored and/or funded by some lobby or the other. The only thing that I would highly recommend as it has saved my health is the so called "autoimmune protocol" which is nicely outlined by Mickey Trescott, as well as the book "The big fat surprise" by Nina Teicholz. If you ever consider spending money on yet anouther scientif book, make sure it is this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Surprise- ... he+fat+lie

She is an invastigative reporter and has no ties to the food industry. It was SHOCKING and almost read like a crime book. I loved it very much, it is not hard to understand and oh so well written. Outlines nicely the evolution of each and every diet and the "war"between the lobbies.

These days I eat balanced : about 30% of each main macronutrient - so 30% protein, 30% fat , 30% carbs. It helps me with my autoimmune disease and weight maintance.
You sound like me, when it comes to all medical science. It really is had to know what is funded by what...here, in the states, a lot of studies are funded by drug companies and health insurance companies. The studies are swayed in their favor, and it's frightening...but I can go literally days, talking about conspiracy theories, or as I like to call them, "truths".
Thanks, I will check into those books. I love health science related stuff...to the point of being a nerd and a bit obsessed, even though I know I'm scaring myself. :?

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

I am glad I could help! Yes, what food and drug industries do is nothing short of criminal.... scary, annoying and destructive. Just eat like your grandparents did :)

gossboss
Learner
Learner

Post by gossboss »

I'm glad this thread is here. I don't care about her being a vegan or whatever, but I do think she's fucked up. The Nazi stuff alone keeps me away, no thanks, not interested. On top of that, I think her eyeshadows are garbage and I don't understand why people hype them up (oh right, because they kiss YouTubers' asses, that's why). She seems like an idiot. Too bad one of the highest profile "alternative" type makeup companies is run by a jackass.

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

She hardly tattoos nowadays so she can hardly still call herself a tattoo artist or "tattooer" as she calls it. :roll:

She spends more time promoting her makeup line/making "woah is me" videos on YouTube than she does at her tattoo parlor. She only seems to regularly tattoo Jeffree Starr (who is pretty much her male, more girly equivalent) and occasionally a random B list celebrity or another artist in her shop.

She should actually try uploading a video on tattoo preparation/aftercare rather than those badly-shot, poorly edited videos for Sephora whoring out her makeup line in her man voice. :roll:

ponydecay
Learner
Learner

Post by ponydecay »

For you guys bashing her for having taxidermy is kind of stupid (in my opinion.) there are taxidermists out there who only collect animals that have been hit by cars or died of natural causes. I have several pieces that come from artists that I trust and know what they stand for. I don't know if Kat gets her pieces from ethically sourced animals or not, but I don't think it's fair for you guys to just assume that these animals were provided by artists who work with trophy animals. (And if they were, than she's a crappy human being.) I'm all for bashing her if she's 100% vegan and wears leather though. Just my two cents. Please don't kill me.

ceragresham
Debater
Debater

Post by ceragresham »

I bought her Shade and Light palette after everyone and their mother was raving about it, but honestly I think it sucks. I hardly use it because the colors don't blend well, and a lot of times they'll get stuck to my primer even after I've set it. I love cool toned mattes so I thought her palette would be perfect but it was a waste.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

ponydecay wrote:For you guys bashing her for having taxidermy is kind of stupid (in my opinion.) there are taxidermists out there who only collect animals that have been hit by cars or died of natural causes. I have several pieces that come from artists that I trust and know what they stand for. I don't know if Kat gets her pieces from ethically sourced animals or not, but I don't think it's fair for you guys to just assume that these animals were provided by artists who work with trophy animals. (And if they were, than she's a crappy human being.) I'm all for bashing her if she's 100% vegan and wears leather though. Just my two cents. Please don't kill me.
I value your opinion, you are entitled to it. How do you feel about her leather shoes, accessoires and seats in her Bentley?

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

ponydecay wrote:For you guys bashing her for having taxidermy is kind of stupid (in my opinion.) there are taxidermists out there who only collect animals that have been hit by cars or died of natural causes. I have several pieces that come from artists that I trust and know what they stand for. I don't know if Kat gets her pieces from ethically sourced animals or not, but I don't think it's fair for you guys to just assume that these animals were provided by artists who work with trophy animals. (And if they were, than she's a crappy human being.) I'm all for bashing her if she's 100% vegan and wears leather though. Just my two cents. Please don't kill me.
I get where you're coming from in a way but at the same time it's hard for me to imagine a vegan that does it for ethical reasons and still loves to see dead animals around them constantly and considers them trophies. Even if they died of natural causes, i think it's kinda twisted to take them and use them to decorate your house, but that is also just my personal opinion.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

nina84 wrote:
I get where you're coming from in a way but at the same time it's hard for me to imagine a vegan that does it for ethical reasons and still loves to see dead animals around them constantly and considers them trophies. Even if they died of natural causes, i think it's kinda twisted to take them and use them to decorate your house, but that is also just my personal opinion.
Well put.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P5100 mit Tapatalk

Eleabear57
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Eleabear57 »

TacyCollini wrote:
Lady_Mary wrote:
Yeah, I never was one for a lot of meat/animal flesh (sounds so gross...haha) or milk and I teeter on the anemic line. As a matter of fact, today was the first time I had red meat in probably 5 or 6 months and I am literally sick to my stomach, from eating it....like really sick. Colon cancer runs in my family, so I avoid it like the plague, for the most part...I wish I had today, why I'm up so let typing (almost 1:30 am, where I'm at).
I eat a lot of red/black beans, but it hasn't done much for the anemia...it's a very hard thing to get the balance right, when being vegetarian/vegan. The hardest thing for me would be to give up ice cream and cheese...the imitations are pretty good, though.
Ya know, I have done quite a lot of researcha and study on diet, because I have been struggling with my ethics every since I was forced to go back to meat and fish. One thing i can say for sure: it is very very very hard to find an author/book/documentary that isn't sponsored by either party/industry. Even research teams and universities are being sponsored by the food industry. How do you think they get the budget to perform lenghty and costly researcht that is up MILLIONS of USD to finance? This can't be covered by donations or tax money only. It is very very furstrating to find an undoctored, unbaised and honest researcher. If you want to learn the truth, you have to follow the money.

I have read vegan books (up to this day I stil own several vegan cookbooks), ketogenic books, paleo, low carb, the mediterranean diet, south beach, the starch diet - goodnes I HAVE THEM ALL! Spent sooo much money on educating myself, just to find out that they are all based on research that have been doctored and/or funded by some lobby or the other. The only thing that I would highly recommend as it has saved my health is the so called "autoimmune protocol" which is nicely outlined by Mickey Trescott, as well as the book "The big fat surprise" by Nina Teicholz. If you ever consider spending money on yet anouther scientif book, make sure it is this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Surprise- ... he+fat+lie

She is an invastigative reporter and has no ties to the food industry. It was SHOCKING and almost read like a crime book. I loved it very much, it is not hard to understand and oh so well written. Outlines nicely the evolution of each and every diet and the "war"between the lobbies.

These days I eat balanced : about 30% of each main macronutrient - so 30% protein, 30% fat , 30% carbs. It helps me with my autoimmune disease and weight maintance.
You sound like me, when it comes to all medical science. It really is had to know what is funded by what...here, in the states, a lot of studies are funded by drug companies and health insurance companies. The studies are swayed in their favor, and it's frightening...but I can go literally days, talking about conspiracy theories, or as I like to call them, "truths".
Thanks, I will check into those books. I love health science related stuff...to the point of being a nerd and a bit obsessed, even though I know I'm scaring myself. :?
I seriously recommend watching Unnatural Vegan on youtube if you guys are curious about the science that goes along with rational veganism. I'm not a vegan myself (I restrict meat from my diet as much as possible but cheese is my weakness that keeps me from trying to be a vegan) but I find her to be very subjective and rational in her research and she seems to try to give both arguments a fair chance

Gaige
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Gaige »

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree with taxidermy (regardless of how the animals were sourced) because I believe that nature and the food cycle should be allowed to run its course without human intervention. Roadkill can benefit the food chain by allowing another animal (that may otherwise starve) to eat from its carcass which is far more beneficial than being stuffed and used to decorate someone's house.

Her collection includes wolves, fawns, gazelle, bears, foxes, squirrels, owls, pheasants and mice but there are probably a lot more.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

Okay, I gotta ask about Kat and Steve-o! Weren't they together and then broke up and he also exposed her to the crew of Miami Ink or something??? Are they friends now again or did I get something wrong?

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Kat Von D”