• Advertisement

BeckieJBlockButtonBrown - Beckien0 friends they’re all block

Forum rules FYI: This is a place for criticism, mainly used by viewers who can't voice their opinions in the comments section without being attacked by Beckie's fans.

Re: BeckieJBlockButtonBrown - Beckien0 friends they’re all b

Postby funnylikeyikes » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:51 am

"Pat-tree-sia".

Patricia.
funnylikeyikes
Informer
Informer

Advertisement

Postby Nothostile_17 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:52 am

"I'm loving life offline, it's so refreshing, I feel awakened, changed, renewed. The sky is bluer and the birds sing symphonies in the trees. Oh and I'm online every day I just post on a different account :)"

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 13.50.52.png
You must register and have 2 approved posts to view the files attached to this post
Nothostile_17
Learner
Learner

Postby ytfanxo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 am

_Irvine Scottish_ wrote:I'm concerned Becky has borderline personality disorder. It is one of the most common and yet mostly disregarded and disrespected. She has many of the symptoms and, if she does indeed have this diagnosis, she clearly doesn't agree she has it, which is another sign. If this is the case it is incredibly dangerous and damaging to those who follow her who have it as she's basically saying it's not as easy to gain sympathy worthy a disorder as, for example, schizophrenia.

I also think Munchhausen syndrome is a possibility. She is aware of this condition as I remember reading a comment thread on one of her videos and she responded saying she was 'highly offended' at the suggestion. The original commentee was very pleasant and nice and, I felt, didn't garner the rude response she received.

Offtopic: Also just want to add that I've been lurking for many a month now and it has genuinely shocked me how nice all of you are. There are one or two posts that I think are reaching but on the whole you are all supportive of Becky but are just tired of her bullshit. This is by far the best thread on Guru Gossip
Love and a happy new year to you all xx

Can I ask about why you think she has BPD? I have BPD and I'm genuinely just curious, I'm not saying she doesn't because as I said in my last post, I don't know her particularly well.
ytfanxo
Learner
Learner

Postby frogofdhoom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 am

Slightly OT

but there is a great animated short about BPD. I really think it helps to reduce the stigma. I have it too and this helped me accept the 'opposing' sides to myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iraGmA7-9FA&t=79s
frogofdhoom
TROLL
TROLL

Postby Gizmo2323 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:11 am

Beckie does not have BPD, she's a narcissist (not diagnosing the official personality disorder but symptoms are obviously easy to look up).

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Gizmo2323
Learner
Learner

Postby jiggy_girl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am

The way she said her cold "turned into" the flu. No - it's a different bug entirely, Beckie. Also, for someone who's at home as much as she is 25 books in one year isn't that impressive, and someone who commutes as much as she does. I read 75 ish books last year (taken from my goodreads, without the updates of the 5 I read at the end of the year, so actually 80? SOme were reread) while doing my A-levels, starting uni and basically working full time all summer. She could do some serious reading, read some books that aren't just YA etc and make a positive impact in her life, but no, of course she doesn't.

ETA: Of course she talks about classics just as I post this :roll: still annoys me that she doesn't try to read anything more challenging
jiggy_girl
Learner
Learner

Postby ytfanxo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:34 pm

I won't go as far to say I'm offended, but as someone with BPD, I don't want the topic to highlight her downfalls and take them as a characteristic of BPD. There's so much to a diagnosis like that, especially with emphasis on interpersonal relationships, and I find it personally upsetting to see people suggesting she has it... I mean, she might but I don't want people to look at this bad things and think... oh BPD! We're more than that.
ytfanxo
Learner
Learner

Postby carryonsarah97 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Guys if we carry on with this diagnosing the mods will be at us again putting us on the naughty step
carryonsarah97
Talker
Talker

Postby Cuthere__ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:19 pm

*Not diagnosing* As someone with BPD I hope that’s not her diagnosis because I’d rather not be associated with her or give people more reasons to talk shit about BPD. I just wish she’d either say what it is or stop saying I have this sooper secret diagnosis but I can’t talk about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuthere__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby tracery1766 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Doesn't Beckie spray lavender all over her bed? It's probably got lavender essential oil in it. Any essential oil is harmful for cats and can make them sick very suddenly. Maybe that's what happened to Phoebe... plus considering the fact that she was the smallest out of all of them likely didn't help.
tracery1766
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Oceanic815 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Somebody should clarify when they say “BPD”
Bi-Polar Disorder
(There are also 2 types)!
&
Borderline Personality Disorder

Asking for a homie from a while ago.

My hypothetical guesstimate which is in no way a diagnosis as I am in no way a doctor... is the second of the 2 main choices. I don’t think that makes anybody terrible for having that or any mental illness. As long as your being responsible and trying things to help yourself. Nobody should suffer and we must all fight for ourselves! Not just bitch about the process every inch of the way! It’s hard for everyone. This isn’t meant to be a nicely paced Ferris wheel on a lovely spring day, it is a fucking rollercoaster. What a relief it is when meds and therapists are all figured out and you come to a steady roll. Just keep swimming!
Oceanic815
Debater
Debater

Postby ytfanxo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Cuthere__ wrote:*Not diagnosing* As someone with BPD I hope that’s not her diagnosis because I’d rather not be associated with her or give people more reasons to talk shit about BPD. I just wish she’d either say what it is or stop saying I have this sooper secret diagnosis but I can’t talk about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is me exactly! I just think, we get enough as a bad reputation as it is without Becky's downfalls being blamed for it too!
ytfanxo
Learner
Learner

Postby Oceanic815 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Right! That is how myself & others felt with Trich. Like, fuuuuck... is everyone now going to think all tricksters are like her?! Shiat!! Yet another reason we want her gone from any Trich platforms and to shut her trap. It’s embarrassing! We definitely want a separation there as well. Bye, BeccaBoo!
Oceanic815
Debater
Debater

Postby carryonsarah97 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:41 am

The shortened form for Bipolar Disorder is BD or just bipolar, when using BPD it should only be used for referring to Borderline Personality Disorder.
carryonsarah97
Talker
Talker

Postby SleepingSkies » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:38 am

If anyone has a laugh, take a look at Beckie's reading choice (2012, so I'm guessing she was around 19/20):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/beckie0/8274301530/

Horrible histories!!! LOL it's a childrens book! The suggested age is 6-8 year olds. So maybe YA is a big step for Beckie! :rofl:
SleepingSkies
Learner
Learner

Postby getinmymachine » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:40 am

I just can't watch her. There's something so aggravating about her whole demeanour, like she's acting? Or trying to? The dramatic gestures, the exaggerated talking... I don't know how to describe it.

25 books in a year is not much of a challenge. I know people with real jobs who read 150-200 books a year. If she read instead of blocking people she'd manage at least twice her goal. Has she always made book videos or is this a newer thing? I watch a lot of booktubers, who usually own several hundred books, and seeing her call that tiny little thing a "massive bookshelf" is kind of funny. Why does she get advance copies?
getinmymachine
Debater
Debater

Postby when » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:52 am

I don't know about anyone else but the term 'beckie flick' really grinds my gears and it always has done. How narcissistic do you need to be to name a very basic and common movement after yourself.
when
Learner
Learner

Postby when » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:54 am

Also I feel like shitting on her for planning to read 25 books is kinda unfair. 25 books is my personal goal this year too, and I only study part time and can't work due to illness. Last year I read 16 and that was an accomplishment. For anyone to read any amount of books is a good thing. There are genuine criticisms you can (and I have) make about this girl, but wanting to read a book every two weeks of the year is not one of them.
when
Learner
Learner

Postby Ebha » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 am

Agreed you're being ridiculous about the book goal. The only people I've known to read 150+ books spend all their spare time reading and are usually reading mostly YA or middle grade books so they don't take long. 25 is a perfectly reasonable goal for someone who wants to become a more regular reader.
Ebha
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby stormbreezemidnight » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 am

I can't believe this CHILD! On her latest instagram post she laments her low self-esteem. That's all fine. But there are tonnes, and I mean loads of comments of support and like ONE that isn't even directly critical but just tries to point out something to her.

Mildly critical comment reads as follows: "Rebecca, you've been putting yourself out there,all over the internet for many many years now. I am not here to spread any kind of judgment, so don't take it the wrong way,but I feel like documenting every single day of your life ( and you do,don't you? Every damn day) is not very healthy. Especially(!) for your self esteem. Do you feed off the positive feedback from the crowd that is watching you? How much do you depend on the attention that you receive through social media?"

Rebecca replies (and only to this one person!!): "I don't document every day. I've stopped doing stories on a daily basis now, I don't upload daily photos. I barely use Twitter. I'm not sharing my day to day activities. I would have hoped people would have noticed the drop in sharing... for I have come miles in the last two weeks. As for feedback, this hasn't got much to do with feedback. Whilst haters go at me every day, it's a long term battle I've fought... since I was about 13. It's not a case of being destroyed by haters - this is a decade long issue.... And I don't depend on the attention on social media. Ask yourself that question. Nowadays, no one is excused from social media. x"

What bothers me are two things Rebecca mentioned: (1): ".... I would have hoped people would have noticed the drop in sharing... .....As for feedback, this hasn't got much to do with feedback...." and (2): "...Nowadays, no one is excused from social media..."

First of all the fact that she focuses so intently on the negative comments, but fair enough, maybe she just wants to correct the person's perception of her everyone is entitled to defend themselves. But secondly why does she say she would have hoped people would have noticed and then a few words later writes " This hasn't got to do with feedback!". Am I missing something? Feedback is essential if she is to notice from others that she is posting less.

But also what does she mean with "...Nowadays, no one is excused from social media...". How is one not excused from it? Excused from posting? Excused from lurking, following? It is your choice to engage in social media or not too. If you think it has negative effects on your health, disengage. Daisy Ridley and Lily James recently deleted all their social media accounts. Follow their example. Or take courses on how to use social media safely. I mean, has it really come to this where we have to teach adults how to engage on social media?
stormbreezemidnight
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Silent Q » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:57 pm

“Maybe this is depression” ughhhhhh

She really wants every mental illness label she can collect for herself, doesn’t she?

Low self esteem and depression can coincide, but low self esteem is not depression.
Silent Q
Debater
Debater

Postby kofi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Beckie logic:
-says therapy doesn’t work
-“maybe this is depression

Idk maybe if you opened up about this instead of “pushing an autism diagnosis” (her words not mine) they’d diagnose you with depression
kofi
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby Silent Q » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Her dwindling popularity on Instagram is because of the algorithm. Suuuure.

If she suddenly has a surge of subscribers for some weird reason, we can just say it was an algorithm glitch I guess...
Silent Q
Debater
Debater

Postby funnylikeyikes » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:08 pm

To be fair, those Horrible Histories books are dope and so was the live-action show based on the series.

Kind of also sick of the constant BPD diagnosing that goes on this site. It makes the people who have it sound evil at worst and pathetic at best.
funnylikeyikes
Informer
Informer

Postby mothprince » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:44 am

Despite her wanting to be more offline, her other instagram for her cats is very active because she posts there daily. She's giving out vague details regarding her parents etc. So much for her 2018 resolution to be more private.

Also for the people diagnosing her, we're not professionals so let's not go there.
mothprince
Lurker
Lurker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to BeckieJBrown
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge