W.T.F. Happened ? Gurus That Changed Dramatically

Rtc_Frtc
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

W.T.F. Happened ? Gurus That Changed Dramatically

Post by Rtc_Frtc »

Very LONG POST.....Apologies in Advance!

I didn't know if I should stick this post under the "friends of Maria" or someplace else so after bickering with myself where to post this, I decided to post it under Maria's Topic but give it it's own thread.

Has this happened to anyone else?
About seven years ago I was fully invested in watching YT Gurus to learn about makeup. I must've slept through the New Makeup Revolutions.
Heck, the first YT vid I watched, I didn't even know what MAC was!
Very quickly I learned it was a very popular and for me, expensive, brand of makeup.
I soon learned about other brands and then went looking for reviews.
YT Gurus was an obsessive guilty pleasure. :)

I actually asked questions, either in comments section or by private YT messages of many of the gurus that I felt were genuine/down-to-earth, and received nice, helpful replies from most of them and then ended up regularly emailing back and forth a couple times a month with some very nice 'Gurus'.

Life happens; computers bite the dust, too busy to log into YT....the usual stuff.
In the process of one of my computers totally being fried, I lost a lot of the gurus I had been subscribed to and I lost both my YT passwords.

When I finally got a new (to me) computer, I had to start all over building up the names (that I could remember) of my favorite YTers.

Sadly, I lost of few YTers during this new computer change and just didn't think to go searching for them.

All of a sudden, over the last year a few of (what used to be) my favorite YTers that I thought I had lost, showed up along the right column of my YT page.
I started trying to catch up with some of them but found so many had changed.....drastically!
More 'snooty', more pompous, more 'better than thou' attitudes.
Some changed physically.....some for the better, some not so much.

Here is one I found yesterday. In any spare time I've been watching her vids trying to figure out what changed her so drastically.
She WAS married with a husband that went on long deployments/military and a couple little kids.
She is one of the gurus that I had an email relationship.......on average emails twice a month.
The last time I heard from her, her hubby was going on a long deployment and she was set on redoing her kitchen while he was gone and asked for advice in her comments section.
(I'm a mega-DIYer) so I offered her some tips.
She thanked me over and over again and then asked for my opinion about certain other products pertaining to paint/masking tapes/antique stains, etc.

Then, she disappeared and that was shortly before I lost the dinosaur of a computer I had.

She popped up in my right YT column, different name, and as far as I've learned, she separated, dated new guy, got preg, got divorced, married new guy and has she ever changed!

I liked her 6, 7 years ago because she was so down to earth, willing to try almost anything beauty-related, from the least expensive to the higher end, and changed her hair as often as I changed my undies.

OK, so tell me some of the gurus you used to follow that when you caught back up with them, you couldn't stop watching....sorta like one can't help watching a 5-car pile-up.

Here's my jaw-dropper:

https://www.youtube.com/user/natesproudwife/videos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

youtubeisnotajob
Informer
Informer

Re: W.T.F. Happened ? Gurus That Changed Dramatically

Post by youtubeisnotajob »

I've noticed this with SO many gurus - its sad! YT became my guilty pleasure and now I watch and grimace at the fake promenade and forced designer collections :roll:

UsedToLoveThem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsedToLoveThem »

NikkieTutorials. Unlike you I never went away, I watched the whole fiasco from "talented aspiring make up artist" to "I don't know what I'm doing, I just cake this stuff on my face and make obscene noise!" unfold. https://www.youtube.com/user/NikkieTutorials
Watch her older videos about contouring first. Watch how she is so good at doing make up, how she is explaining everything and gives honest reviews. Then watch one of her new ones. Watch the cake happen. Watch her shilling shit products. And I bet you don't even need to search for the signs of numerous plastic surgeries/"beauty enhancements" - almost all of them are visible on her face. Go cry afterwards...

lcds1
Informer
Informer

Post by lcds1 »

Commenting to follow.

Return to “craftybeautydiva1”