kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier - Part 9

Post by kei »

New thread time!

Any responses to his 12 million Thank You video?

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Re: Markiplier - Part 9

Post by MapleNia »

I think it was nice to see a vlog like this, to see him just sit down and talk, to at least take the time and say thank you like he used to; we can still see that he's grateful and still enjoys doing videos on Youtube. I don't mind if he gets teary; I mean, he's sensitive and it's okay in moments like these to be emotional because of many sentiments that go through you. I can't imagine the joy, being grateful, looking back at what he has done, being nostalgic and remember all the great things can do to you.

It made me smirk when he said that there's good people in the community and the what stances that people take and not letting small things bother. "There's so many bigger problems than the stupid things people argue". I think, without pointing directly to who and what, he knows and sees arguments popping up and all the dramas (snapchat, transphobia incident, etc) that can pop up. To my understanding, he focuses on the positive that his community can bring and ignores people that are negative or doing negative things, which in some ways it can be a good thing to keep himself positive and above the water, but it also doesn't put a definite stop sign to others in the community. Like he said, there's always going to be trolls/pessimism and we can't stop that ("there's always been stupid shit going on on Youtube").

When he expressed that "we don't know what he has been through to get there", I was wondering if he was talking about all the bullshit that he went through like problems at cons, some Tumblr incidents and all that stuff, or there's something even more than stuff that went publicly like these.

Anyways, that's all the things that I have in mind. I was quite happy to see Woof, but at the same time I was happy to see that he took the time to say thank you.
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

alex_underwater
Debater
Debater

Post by alex_underwater »

MapleNia wrote:I think it was nice to see a vlog like this, to see him just sit down and talk, to at least take the time and say thank you like he used to; we can still see that he's grateful and still enjoys doing videos on Youtube. I don't mind if he gets teary; I mean, he's sensitive and it's okay in moments like these to be emotional because of many sentiments that go through you. I can't imagine the joy, being grateful, looking back at what he has done, being nostalgic and remember all the great things can do to you.

It made me smirk when he said that there's good people in the community and the what stances that people take and not letting small things bother. "There's so many bigger problems than the stupid things people argue". I think, without pointing directly to who and what, he knows and sees arguments popping up and all the dramas (snapchat, transphobia incident, etc) that can pop up. To my understanding, he focuses on the positive that his community can bring and ignores people that are negative or doing negative things, which in some ways it can be a good thing to keep himself positive and above the water, but it also doesn't put a definite stop sign to others in the community. Like he said, there's always going to be trolls/pessimism and we can't stop that ("there's always been stupid shit going on on Youtube").

When he expressed that "we don't know what he has been through to get there", I was wondering if he was talking about all the bullshit that he went through like problems at cons, some Tumblr incidents and all that stuff, or there's something even more than stuff that went publicly like these.

Anyways, that's all the things that I have in mind. I was quite happy to see Woof, but at the same time I was happy to see that he took the time to say thank you.
It's definitely nice to see him being genuine like that! I don't mind his sensitivity either, I rolled my eyes when he said he has to wipe his tears before his friends make fun of him -_- I hope he just joked about it. I'm having none of that "boys don't cry" BS.
I'm wondering what he meant by that "you guys don't know what I've been through"...Maybe "I've been through shit but I haven't given up and now I'm here and still going". Maybe it was his way of saying "I'm proud of myself"?
If a youtuber falls in a stage show or tour, are they still like us?

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Yeah that line caught me off guard as well. To me, it sounds like he's referencing all the things that have gone on behind the scenes, things that never made it on camera (or things he only thought never made it on camera) that he fought through to make it where he is now. Another observation: the atmosphere in this video, even with him crying, is much different than that disturbing air around him in the 8 million video. I don't know what he's been doing lately, but he's definitely in a better headspace now than he was then.

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

Oh shoot I realized I made a mistake on my last post and I meant "there's something even more than stuff that didn't go public like these" instead of "there's something even more than stuff that went publicly like these." Oops...

But I agree with you guys!

I, too, thought it was bad to think that he had to wipe his tears before seeing the other boys. I don't agree with that kind of mentality unless he wasn't being serious when he said that. But, men or women, if someone is crying, don't laugh instantly.

And yes! this time, when he was crying, he wasn't desperate or whatever. He seems to be doing mentally better!

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

It was nice to see Mark talk to us again :)

Hopefully he was joking, but how did they handle the tears after what happened to Daniel? Maybe he doesn't like his friends seeing him sad and stuff? Who knows. I don't like people seeing me cry. I do hope Matt and Ryan know not to make fun when someone is crying.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Ooh a new topic. XD

I was really surprised to see the vlog. Yeah, it was weird that he's still talking about how great the community is when it clearly isn't :roll: but what else can he say in a milestone video?

I didn't watch the vlog the whole way through since I don't like seeing people cry, but I agree with Kei in that this video didn't make me alarmed the way the 8 million one did. :) Whatever happens to his channel, I hope he's able to stay in a good place mentally.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I wonder if Mark really knows how bad the community actually is? Maybe he's just saying that even though he knows it's not completely true.

I am watching the Fran Bow playlist finally :D On episode 4.

Striker693
Debater
Debater

Post by Striker693 »

Ooooh, shiny new thread!

Just watched Mark's thank you video, it was sweet of him to make one even if he does feel that he's just repeating himself. The way he kept saying "you don't know what I've been through to get here" made me wonder how much more shit the poor guy has gone through/is going through behind the scenes that we don't know about... for a second I thought the flood gates were gonna open and he was going to tell us, but he reined it in.

My god, he's absolutely fascinating isn't he. I'd love to get inside his brain... which must be a welcome change given how many want to get in his pants instead! :rofl:

Post by Guest »

I'm going to check that video and I glad he's sounding better at least.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Striker693
Debater
Debater

Post by Striker693 »

Holy shit, I just watched Mark's latest Ben and Ed vid... I've never seen him rage out like that before, it was hysterical but also kinda terrifying!

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

Striker693 wrote:Holy shit, I just watched Mark's latest Ben and Ed vid... I've never seen him rage out like that before, it was hysterical but also kinda terrifying!
Yeah, it reminded me his 'I am Bread' rage, except this time he used his fist to punch his desk and not a controler. If anyone is planning to watch latest Ben and Ed's video, prepare yourself.

What amaze me though (I know it's weird to say this while seeing him rage his pants off ---- even though he doesn't wear pants usally okay I'll shut up lol....), he doesn't give up easily. Mark spent 2 hours and a freaking half to try that one small part that wasn't really important. I don't know if we can call this dedication or whatever, but gosh, he really doesn't give up.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Saw a few comments saying that Mark's rage scared them and or never seen him rage like that. I said, "Go watch I am Bread". Surgeon Simulator esp. the one with Wade he really rages.

Pants...I don't want to get into his pants, his pants won't fit me, as all of his clothes wouldn't, in fact anyone bigger than me clothes won't fit me.. (I'm really petite XD) But yeah I know whatcha mean Striker. Seriously, don't you fans want to get to know him first and him to get to know you? I rather be his friend...'cept when he's angry :P But yeah I"m just being sassy.

I can't wait to see how Mark reacts to the ending of Ben and Ed....that's all I will say.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Watching Fran Bow. I have one more part to watch. What part were you guys concerned with? I finished part 6. Mark was acting um more goofy than usual? Esp. voicing the skeleton guy. The game does have nice art which I really like :D It took an interesting turn though later on. I was not expecting that.
When Fran and Mr. Midnight were in the forest, then Fran turned into a tree, etc

Post by Guest »

His thank you video was really nice to see. I agree with a lot of you that the tears he shed for this were different than when he was watching his 8 million video. I too thought he was going to let the flood gate down and tell us what all he has gone through as well. Didn't he say that he considered selling his plasma for money before? I've heard that is a bit of a painful process. As striker said, he is pretty fasicinating. To go through some pretty crippling things at such a young age and still have such a positive outlook on life and in people is pretty incredible.

I haven't watched the Ben and Ed video yet. Probably won't either if he is as ragey as he was in "I'm bread" kinda figured it would go that way when he released a video, I can't remember what it was now, but he said his voice was thrashed because he played that game for 2 1/2 hours. Eesh:(

Striker693
Debater
Debater

Post by Striker693 »

MapleNia wrote:
Striker693 wrote:Holy shit, I just watched Mark's latest Ben and Ed vid... I've never seen him rage out like that before, it was hysterical but also kinda terrifying!
Yeah, it reminded me his 'I am Bread' rage, except this time he used his fist to punch his desk and not a controler. If anyone is planning to watch latest Ben and Ed's video, prepare yourself.

What amaze me though (I know it's weird to say this while seeing him rage his pants off ---- even though he doesn't wear pants usally okay I'll shut up lol....), he doesn't give up easily. Mark spent 2 hours and a freaking half to try that one small part that wasn't really important. I don't know if we can call this dedication or whatever, but gosh, he really doesn't give up.
He doesn't give up easily, that's for sure! I dunno if it's stubbornness or willpower but once he's got his mind set on something he'll see it through until the end! I dunno if it was him or Matt that edited his Ben & Ed video today but that mini montage with the music just made the whole thing even funnier.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

Loved the edit in Ben and Ed. People are questioning the 2 1/2 hour thing because it says he been 0laying for an hour and a half.

He is very patient! Or he hates to lose/not finish. It took him 7 hours to finish FNAF. I dont know how he does it.

Striker693
Debater
Debater

Post by Striker693 »

AquarianHorse wrote:Loved the edit in Ben and Ed. People are questioning the 2 1/2 hour thing because it says he been 0laying for an hour and a half.

He is very patient! Or he hates to lose/not finish. It took him 7 hours to finish FNAF. I dont know how he does it.
Maybe it just felt like 2 and a half hours to him? He probably wasn't keeping track of the time whilst he was in that sort of rage inducing state LOL!

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

I don't think that was an exaggeration tbh. He really would sit there for hours to accomplish something if he thought the payoff was worth the aggravation. Then he found out it wasn't, which is probably why he raced through the level to finish it at that point because he just wanted it to be over. :P I wonder if he would say this game has beaten out I Am Bread and Vanish to become his #1 nightmare game.

alex_underwater
Debater
Debater

Post by alex_underwater »

AquarianHorse wrote:Loved the edit in Ben and Ed. People are questioning the 2 1/2 hour thing because it says he been 0laying for an hour and a half.

Maybe it's a question of pride. He prides himself on beating games too much to not finish them.
Also, I think sometimes he just exaggerates his rage. I mean come on, it's just a game? It's probably an outlet for whatever causes him rage IRL.
If a youtuber falls in a stage show or tour, are they still like us?

Return to “Markiplier”