Regarding Mark's Sass.

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Regarding Mark's Sass.

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

So as recently as late December 2015, Mark has been "sassing" fans. This has caused some controversy among fans and general tumblr users. The basic complaints are that Mark is being a jerk and he's hurting fans.

Tumblr userLittleMissPanHeadclaims Mark is in the wrong because Autistic fans and fans with mental disorders causing lack of empathy and confusion may wonder if Mark is joking or truly insulting his fans. Other accusations of the same tumblr userLittleMissPanHead include:

Theft
Racism
Transphobia
"Cissexist language"
Pedophilia
Being creepy
Ableist
Rude
Ungrateful
and being an all around horrible persom

Now this thread is separate from the disclaimer as its a hot topic. Please take the time to read this thread, especially if you're from tumblr.

"Mark's sass offended me, and I think he went too far. What he said was insulting, rude to his fans and he honestly is becoming problematic. I feel LittleMissPanhead is right.

Ok, think for a minute. Have you ever had a friendship and you and your friend(s) are absolute asses to each other. Like straight up assholes, but at the end of the day you have each other's backs and love them. Thats the equivalent to Mark's sass. Mark isn't insulting his fans but treating them the way he treats Tyler, Wade, Arin...hell even Suzy. Look at how Ryan, Matt, Mark and all of his friends treat each other. Like assholes. Look at how the Grumps treat each other. Like assholes. (see Ross). But they all love each other dearly.

Also understand that 99% of the people who were sassed wanted to be sassed, litterally saying "Come at Me" "FITE ME". Many of those who were sassed wanted more, one blogger even constantly insulting Mark playfully just to get sassed one more time. The people he reblogged from only received death threats and harrassment because white knights who always feel the need to protect Mark and they themselves couldn't take a joke. Do not speak for those bloggers. They wanted to be sassed and they knew what was coming. So don't say Mark went to far, especially when he was defending himself from creeps. Because believe it or not, you never knew who was the one who revealed his location, who knocked on his door, who hugged him just to touch his genitalia. Think about that.

also refer to here:

What about his Autistc fans and fans with mental disorders?? Also, that anorexia joke!! and that domestic abuse joke!!!LittleMissPanHead was right!

Firstly, why are you speaking for everyone? There are fans who have these disorders who seem to have little complaint with Mark as far as his jokes. Frankly, people with mental disorders are tired for others speaking for them. Let someone decide on their own. And if autistic/mentally ill fans are confused, then they can ask questions to other fans.

The anorexia joke was on a recent video. The scenario was "You eat and the food you eat goes to a random person, but you have to poop for 2". Thus Mark exlaiming," What kind of anorexic person wrote this?!"

The thing is, is that is the mindset of someone with the disorder. They wish everything they ate could just magically transport to someone else. Personally, I knew someone who had the disorder as it was triggered from the violent molestation she suffered at the age of 6. Her anorexia became so severe in which eating a bag of small snack sized bag of Doritos was problematic. She would give her food to friends and continue to starve herself and eventually went to the hospital nearly dying. Due to medical help she is currently stable and the appropriate weight. I know the mindset of this disorder and I can garuntee you Mark wasn't shooting the shit.

Video:[youtube][/youtube]

The domestic violence joke came from one of the Mario maker videos in which he was raging. As he was playing he was making Mario hit things around and made the said joke. Mark is a survivor of such and knows how to operate dark comedy, you just don't.

I was offended when Mark used the term, cis het scum.

Ok, are you not alarmed someone literally unsubbed because he was straight? Secondly "cis scum" was coined by this lovely person here

In the video, they speak of "trans issues" and you immediately realize they havent a damn clue what theyre saying. Sometime later, they reveal they were never trans.

This person here is also known for coining the phrase "cis scum"

This person is also thought to have coined the popular meme. This person is also apparently a white supremacist neo nazi. They don't deny it when confronted about it.

Mark scopes tumblr as does his friends and I'm sure he sees this shit:

on a normal basis. "Down with Cis" and "Die Cishet Scum" are popular tumblr memes and the fact that a large amount of the tumblr trans communuty support/enjoy this meme speaks volumes. Especially because the trans communty barely makes a percentage of the global population. This meme is now what defines Tumblr and Mark isnt a dumbass. If you're offended at Mark using this word, take the time to realize why he knows this phrase. It would be especially sad if he discovered this while educating himself on trans issues and trans people.

Mark is racist

To who? Smurfs? Damn, I didn't know Mark hated blue people. But in all seriousness, Mark was not being racist with that Klansmen sketch. Neither was Matt nor Ryan. As a black person, I know the Klan and I've heard stories from my grandmother, who threw rocks at the Klan when they marched in her city in the 60's. The klan killed and hung black children. Sent a 14 year old black boy to the electric chair for a crime he never commited. The Emitt Till story. The story of Jesse Washington. The many black men, women and children theyve murdered and systimatically oppressed. As a black person with southern heritage I know the stories to a T. And as a person who knows these stories, has had family affected by the klan, and has gone up personally with racism that sketch was not offensive to me or other black fans. Please do not speak for us.

also, Mark and his brother Tom have been affected by racism severely as children and teens. Tom was so traumatized and angered from it he wrote a book about his experiences. Mark himself has grimly but briefly said of his own.

MARK USES DARK COMEDY AND SATIRE

Here are some known people and shows that use these elements:

Richard Pryor: known for his political comedy and dark humor.

Most famous for its satire and extreme dark humor.
Its episode "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson" was applauded by the NAACP and won awards by them for it.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone: Are known satirists and dark humorists. Other works such as "The Book of Morman" won 111 Tonies and was praised by Mormans.

The Boondocks. It's widely known for its satire, dark comedy, and political humor. This show addresses problems in the African American community as well as other POC, whites and we as Americans face. It's call to action under the satire is: We Need to Change.

Diverse sketch comedy show that aired in the early 90's. Was created by Keenan Ivory Wayans. The show used dark humor to address issues of the time.

This show tackles politcal problems and Jon was known to use dark comedy, satire and political jokes.

These are justa few examples of how widely dark humor and satire are used. If you watch South Park then you should especially be aware. Dark humor and satire are purposefully offensive to further the impact on the viewer. It has a call to action and it's showing you the messed up things in society and that we need to change. 99% of a comedians jokes are made up of dark humor because they want you to go home and fucking think.

Mark is no stranger to this as I'm sure he's likely watched some of the above examples. Ryan and Matt are no strangers to this humor as well. When Mark says a messed up joke and doesnt think much of it, he's using the elements of dark humor. Take the time to watch above examples. Then you are free to watch Mark.

So in conclusion to this, no Mark's sass isn't to piss off fans and its not to harm them in the slightest. He's not saying offensive jokes for the sake of doing it. He's in a way, doing his job as a comedian and sharing you the messed up shit he's seen, experienced and heard. If Mark angered you, theres no need to make a master list of all the bad things he may have done as you are just being an ass. I saw a user making a masterpost of marks so called wrong doings and they were nothing more than menial things. Don't do that. Youre further jading Mark because he's aware tumblr hates him. And LIttleMissPanHead you are so wrong to accuse him of pedophilia. Youre only upset because your jimmies got rustled and now because Mark isn't taking it up the ass from people like you anymore, you feel the need to speak for everyone. Desiplier, you were being an aggressive little shit. He asked the artist to come forward, and when they did he knew his tumblr fans would alert him.

And as far as the artwork of the fusion Jack and Mark, HE WAS NOT INSULTING THE QUALITY OF THE DAMN ART. HE WAS LITERALLY SAYING KILL IT AS A JOKE TO SEEING A SEPTIPLIER FUSION. THINK ABOUT THAT, JACK AND MARK FUSED, 1 GIANT LOUD ASS DOUCH WITH AN IRISH ACCENT STOMPING AROUND SCREAMING TOP OF THE MORNING. ID SOCK THAT SHIT WITH A MALLET AND THROW IT IN A FIRE.

STOP BEING SALTY OVER ENTITLED MOTHER SCRUNCHERS and learn the elements of comedy. Why aren't you all alarmed when fans sexually harrass Mark. Why weren't you alarmed when Mark nearly drank himself to death. Why weren't you grossed out when some people tried guessing how Daniel died, and Ryan even publicly showed his disgust. Why weren't you alarmed, when he was falsey accused of rape and pedophilia by a known liar. Why weren't you disgusted that no one listens to Mark and continues to go against his words? Why weren't you offended when people have literally insulted his asian heritage and his mother (he is still salty about this). Why weren't you concerned when he had a mental breakdown. Why weren't you concerned that he has a high chance of getting assualted. But chilling with his fans twists your panties huh. Ok.

and remember, when you accuse Mark of false shit, in Bird culture, that's considered a dick move

Nyxx
Talker
Talker

Re: Regarding Mark's Sass.

Post by Nyxx »

Just had to show my appreciation for this post! :love2: :love2: :D

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

Nyxx wrote:Image

Just had to show my appreciation for this post! :love2: :love2: :D

Thank you! Thank you! :love2:

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

THIS IS A MASTER PIECE !!!
I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

Screenid
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Screenid »

Wow :tu: :respekt: (also, that last picture.....priceless XD)

Post by Guest »

Okay, yeah, I'm obviously very late to this thread, but I want to thank you for posting this. The only thing that ever offended me, was when LittleMissPanHead tried to speak for me, and everyone like me who is autistic. She automatically assumed that because I'm autistic, that means I am incapable of understanding satire or having empathy. This such a severe misconception about autism, and it frustrates me to this day.

I have no problem with people caring about people who are autistic. Or people caring about people in general. That's normal. But people who try to speak for an entire group of people, especially if they aren't autistic, really grabs me. It's just like when white people get offended by "racist" advertisements, and try to speak for black people as a whole. People who do this are just trying to convince themselves and everyone around them that they actually care about people with disabilities, when they don't, or that they aren't racist, when they actually are.

And I like Mark's sass, a lot. I think it's his best quality :D

Return to “Markiplier”