• Advertisement

Full time bloggers earnings

Full time bloggers earnings

Postby KayKay123 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:49 pm

I saw a post about how much Zoella makes and I was curious if anyone knows how much these full-time bloggers make? Bloggers like milkteef who openly state that their blog is their business, and they're not a youtuber. She must be making quite a bit to be able to do it full-time.
KayKay123
Lurker
Lurker

Advertisement

Re: Full time bloggers earnings

Postby Doe Eyed » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:48 pm

I'm a full-time fashion blogger and I have a little over 1200 followers on GFC, and probably 4 thousand more with the rest of my social networking's, but I only make, on average, 300 a year.

You have to have sponsors coming out of your butt to survive on purely just your blog. I know that milkteef has a decent amount of followers and sponsors, but she's also an "employee" of Glam Media, meaning that she technically blogs for a company and isn't an independent blogger. She gets paid per post--and seeing as she supposedly lives just on her blog--they must pay her well.
Doe Eyed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Lolalove » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:50 am

I doubt full-time bloggers make much alone and would get sent more products that cash. You'd have to move onto YouTube to make serious money
Lolalove
Informer
Informer

Postby bloggerbaiter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:06 am

Some of the girls earn thousands just to feature a product... do they disclaim this? nope but it is true.

As for milkteef, she's a member of Glam but not an employee and so far as I'm aware you are paid for your advertising, not your posts, or at least when I was with them last year that was the case.
bloggerbaiter
Learner
Learner

Postby Atomic » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:51 am

A few years ago Llymlrs went on a rant about earnings, someone said she earnt X a month in reality she claimed she earnt a third of the figure. I worked it out to be around £1300 - £1500.
This was a few years ago around the time she was selling jewellery online and before she moved to London?
Obviously a lot has changed since then especially the way she gets money out of her blog.
I only really remember because at the time I was working in a fulltime not-so-great job and she was earning the same, only sligtly jealous...

I always thought Milkteef worked in a shoe shop?
I remember saying she wouldn't tell people the name because it was a small chain?
Atomic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby beautyfan9 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:07 am

socialblade.com shows roughly how much youtubers make... but bloggers make bugger all
beautyfan9
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby KitKatKitty » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:18 pm

I have been a full time blogger for 4 years ( able to support my family and have 3 full time workers under me) -- and only recently got into the youtube field --- but I will say most of my money comes from ads -- but that is just me ... But I will say that youtube is where you can earn a good deal and I will say at least for me that social blade is extremely accurate.
KitKatKitty
Talker
Talker

Postby simplyanna7 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:33 am

To Full-time bloggers, does it help if you join bloggers networks such as Handpicked Media or Glam Media? How many page views do you need to join?
simplyanna7
Naughty
Naughty

Postby fuzzypickles » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:19 pm

I think bloggers are able to get much better sponsorship deals (maybe because a blog comes across more professional?) I think I remember reading somewhere that songofstyle was offered $50 000 for her shoe collab a couple years ago

also cupcakes and cashmere mentioned she had a 7 figure revenue in some speech thing she did

fuzzypickles
Learner
Learner

Postby russiandoll101 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:41 pm

I am interested to know on average how much does a small blogger earn per month? Would you say £500 or £1000
russiandoll101
Informer
Informer

Postby Allieallthetime » Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 pm

wow they make a lot.
Allieallthetime
Learner
Learner

Postby minowhi » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:50 am

simplyanna7 wrote:Handpicked Media

I think its not just pageviews they look at, probably includes traffic, unique hits, engagement on the blog etc
minowhi
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby june+ping » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:44 pm

i did blogging for a couple of years back in 2010-2012....after 18 months...i was able to make a little money. i think i made about USD600 total?? i stopped after my job got very demanding.
i met a couple of other bloggers and one of them now got pretty big. sometimes persistence pays off
june+ping
Lurker
Lurker

• Advertisement

Return to Adored Bloggers
  • Advertisement
VigLink badge