• Advertisement

Sam Bunting

Sam Bunting

Postby thoakun » Mon May 01, 2017 12:05 am

There doesn't seem to be any thread on the whole internet about her videos. I'm curious to know what other people think of Dr Sam Bunting https://www.youtube.com/user/drsamshoes/videos. While I think it's great that a qualified dermatologist joins Youtube to educate people about skincare, but I've noticed several patterns:

- She only recommends the same old products: Elta MD sunscreen, La Roche Porsay cleanser, Obagi vitamin C serum and cream. She mentioned in 1 video that she was sponsored by Elta MD.

- She only responded to positive feedback on her recommendations or advices. I don't remember her ever addressing some constructive criticisms from viewers, like why she always recommended expensive sunscreen, why her face looked very red in her morning skincare routine, what she thought of Japanese sunscreens etc.

I open this thread in the adored bloggers section because I mean this place to be a critical discussion of her videos strictly. Feel free to move it to appropriate thread.
thoakun
Wallflower
Wallflower

Advertisement

Re: Sam Bunting

Postby Gbirdy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Actually , I’ve watched all her videos and she’s recommended some great budget buys too .

I LOVE her . She’s very high end though - I got a quote to be seen for a 30 min appointment and it is £395 . She is one of the top cosmetic derms .

I think she doesn’t answer a lot of random questions as: with her being a doctor she doesn’t want to have any liability for recommendations she would have to provide online - also she isn’t going to give all her advice away for free .

I remember the comment about red skin but she mentioned that in another video .
Gbirdy
Wallflower
Wallflower

• Advertisement

Return to Adored Bloggers
  • Advertisement