pinksofoxy- Christine

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: pinksofoxy- Christine

Post by catcherintherye »

I liked Michael's DIY table tutorial. This is a good video idea for channel. If he's a carpenter, there's a lot of scope for good DIY videos. He seems like such a simple minimalistic guy. How he liked this materialistic woman...I just don't understand.

Faye
Learner
Learner

Post by Faye »

Christine is like a bad soap, like a guilty pleasure. I don't like her, her way of talking irks me, but I still watch her. Anyway, I wonder why she is putting up so much DIY's. I would prefer it if she would mix them in with more regular video's.

I think her sugar scrub video was good, but the one about scarfs was really useless. She spent most of the time explaining how her exact stick on hooks work while there really isn't much to it. It would have been so much better if she explained how to find a great spot for your scarfs, or how to make sure that you are hanging them level and the right distance. Same thing with her 'beach basket' and 'beauty bar', she's just organizing it in a 'cute' way. Why make a video of that?

I also noticed that she bought new makeup and more things for her home. She's not minimalizing at all, she's just swapping out stuff. So wasteful.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pluto »

I absolutely do not get how these YT gurus think that dumping your stuff in a basket is a form of organizing. Every time she pulled a lotion out everything else toppled over. That would drive me nuts and it's not user friendly. Huge jars for cotton balls and 2 loofah sponges? Again with the cute thumb nail shot but totally useless. I think Christine needs to get a job in set design or dressing shop windows, an organizer she is not.

bsteph
Talker
Talker

Post by bsteph »

The only place that needs a spa cabinet for storage is an actual spa. Too much junk! She could have fit everything in there in less than one shelf if she didn't put it in Ross baskets and ice buckets. If this had been how to present a beauty gift or something, yes, but how impractical was the space when she opened the cabinet and showed all the buckets and baskets. She went from a perfume cabinet (which no one should need) to a spa cabinet (ditto).

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

^^ I know, I agree with all that you've said. I've worked in a day spa before and besides for the rolled up white towels nothing she showed represented the way you'd set up your work space in a spa. Loud clanky buckets to the baskets that you can't sanitize, no it's all wrong.

Beautyandcrafts
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Beautyandcrafts »

I'm just baffled that zoya would keep send her their collections when she just got rid of a lot of their product. I would think that if she wants to live a simple life with little things she would decline their offer to send her their new line.

Avalicious
Talker
Talker

Post by Avalicious »

When I saw the title and thumbnail on the Zoya video I was disappointed. Sure, they may have been free to her, but they are still things that she does not need. I wish her the best in her pursuit of minimalism, and maybe she will donate some of the polishes she is sent. I get that she still needs some things to make her videos, but I hope she doesn't start hauling a bunch of things again.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

She's been looking good the past two videos. She's doing something right... May be there's a difference because she used colors different from brown.

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

bsteph wrote:The only place that needs a spa cabinet for storage is an actual spa. Too much junk! She could have fit everything in there in less than one shelf if she didn't put it in Ross baskets and ice buckets. If this had been how to present a beauty gift or something, yes, but how impractical was the space when she opened the cabinet and showed all the buckets and baskets. She went from a perfume cabinet (which no one should need) to a spa cabinet (ditto).
Agreed. There's nothing wrong with having a variety if you're into skincare, but for personal use they belong in a linen closet or under a bathroom sink. Otherwise it's just... weird. I still really like watching Christine and for the most part find her much less annoying than other beauty vloggers, BUT, she's really starting to become more and more OCD with organization. All of my skin/body/haircare that isn't in my bathroom is on a shelf in my linen closet (which isn't a lot, just a couple of backups and things I don't use on a daily basis) and I can get to everything easily without buckets and baskets to organize it all. I don't know why she seemed so freaked out in the beginning of the video as if she wouldn't be able to find anything.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

I don't know why but I find the way she touches and holds makeup mildly disturbing. She's just so gentle with it...like the blush is some delicate treasure.

Also with her makeout 2013 thing - I find it somewhat of a fail in that the purchases she allowed herself were all of the things she already owns! Nude lipsticks, brow. Tones blushes and dark matte bronzers. Oh and nail posit which we all know she has more than enough of. She didn't really break her habit so much as she learned to manage it by buying less of the same old crap.

Faye
Learner
Learner

Post by Faye »

MantisShrimp wrote:I don't know why but I find the way she touches and holds makeup mildly disturbing. She's just so gentle with it...like the blush is some delicate treasure.

Also with her makeout 2013 thing - I find it somewhat of a fail in that the purchases she allowed herself were all of the things she already owns! Nude lipsticks, brow. Tones blushes and dark matte bronzers. Oh and nail posit which we all know she has more than enough of. She didn't really break her habit so much as she learned to manage it by buying less of the same old crap.
Yeah, I noticed it too, she moves her hands in a very strange and stiff way.

I think her makeout is a fail too. She purchased 40% more than she set out to, and they all things that aren't that unique or special. Just because it's another brand, doesn't mean you have to purchase it christine! I am suprised that she didn't have to buy things like mascara, foundation or concealer at all. But in all honesty, I think she would've bought way more if she didn't give the makout 2013 a try, so I guess it's a start.

I think she just transferred her buying habits to other area's aswell, and mostly to useless decor things.
Like her spa bar, last year she said herself that things with (glass) lids don't work for her, because she can't be bothered on a everyday basis to take the lid off and put it on again; that makes me wonder why she bought those cheap vases for her cotton balls in the first place.

Also those baskets and buckets are soo inefficient. You can't see where everything is, it's a hassle to get out and put back in, and you can't tell wich products are opened and wich aren't. If it were me, I would've tossed all the backups and extra's a in a box, and put only the product I use on an everyday basis in a basket on the top of the cabinet, so they are easy to reach for, and that would be it. Only a box and a basket.

I think for her, it's all about the looks of everything. If it is cute or pretty (in her opinion), she'll buy it, even if it doesn't work for her. But when she has friends over, she can proudly show all the cheap crap she has to 'decorate' her spa bar, beach basket and perfume kabinet with. If she desires to decorate everything, why not use things that actually mean something to you? a childhood toy, wedding pictures, a rock you found when you were on holiday, a painting made by your niece..that kind of stuff. When people would ask about that cute vase you have, she could actually tell a story behind it, instead of replying with: 'that's from ross, oh ,and that? yeah that too, and those cabinets, Ross ofcourse. You know what? everything in my house is from ross, isn't it pretty?"

..I should really stop watching her video's late at night.

/rant

bsteph
Talker
Talker

Post by bsteph »

I think the makeout is a fail too because I thought the point was to use things up and come to the realization of how long it takes up to use a brown lipstick when you have 40 other nearly identical brown lipsticks also in rotation. The idea, as I understood it, was to use reduce her "collection" by using up things that worked for her & selling/donating/tossing things that were not flattering/had gone off/poor quality/ etc etc as time passed & she gave each product a chance. Not leave all your makeup in storage untouched for 6 months & then come back & sell off as much as you can bear to part with because you've spent all your savings & need cash fast.

I don't know, I guess my impression was that it was intended to be some personal growth & self-discovery type experience but I don't think anything remotely like that happened.

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

bsteph wrote:I think the makeout is a fail too because I thought the point was to use things up and come to the realization of how long it takes up to use a brown lipstick when you have 40 other nearly identical brown lipsticks also in rotation. The idea, as I understood it, was to use reduce her "collection" by using up things that worked for her & selling/donating/tossing things that were not flattering/had gone off/poor quality/ etc etc as time passed & she gave each product a chance. Not leave all your makeup in storage untouched for 6 months & then come back & sell off as much as you can bear to part with because you've spent all your savings & need cash fast.

I don't know, I guess my impression was that it was intended to be some personal growth & self-discovery type experience but I don't think anything remotely like that happened.
I don't think her makeout was a total fail but it was a litted half-assed. I think her personal growth was that she stopped her buying habits, but she didn't reach her full potential. She even said she didn't need so many multiples of the same color yet her nude shades of lippies and blushes are all extremely similar (if not exact dupes), so that's where her downfall was. I don't blame her for the handful of items she bought while travelling because I would have regretted it too if I didn't buy a few things, but she could have chosen her purchases more carefully rather than buy shades she already has enough of.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

I'm definitely disappointed by her makeout 2013. I gave her a pass with buying makeup oversees because I know I would regret it if I wasn't able to make purchases while traveling. I guess we'll see how her updated makeup inventory/2014 goes but since she kept saying that she had no restrictions for 2014 I feel like she might slip back into her bad spending habits

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

usernamexhere wrote:
bsteph wrote:I think the makeout is a fail too because I thought the point was to use things up and come to the realization of how long it takes up to use a brown lipstick when you have 40 other nearly identical brown lipsticks also in rotation. The idea, as I understood it, was to use reduce her "collection" by using up things that worked for her & selling/donating/tossing things that were not flattering/had gone off/poor quality/ etc etc as time passed & she gave each product a chance. Not leave all your makeup in storage untouched for 6 months & then come back & sell off as much as you can bear to part with because you've spent all your savings & need cash fast.

I don't think her makeout was a total fail but it was a litted half-assed. I think her personal growth was that she stopped her buying habits, but she didn't reach her full potential. She even said she didn't need so many multiples of the same color yet her nude shades of lippies and blushes are all extremely similar (if not exact dupes), so that's where her downfall was. I don't blame her for the handful of items she bought while travelling because I would have regretted it too if I didn't buy a few things, but she could have chosen her purchases more carefully rather than buy shades she already has enough of.
I don't think it was a fail either. She bought 14 items-only 4 more than the ten she originally allowed herself. She's also gotten rid of I would say about 3/4 of her makeup collection. She went from 120 lipsticks to less than 50. She gave most away to a woman's shelter, gave away stuff to friends, and sold some of it to her viewers. I think she just wanted to break the cycle of needing to get every collection that came out and buying WAY more MU than she needed. I also went on a no-buy this last year for clothes and only bought three items (a scarf, vintage vest, and bracelet) the entire year. SO I still bought a few things but my bad habit of hitting up designer discount sites and semi-annual sales and convincing myself I was saving money by doing that has been completely nipped in the bud. I still like to go shopping every now and then, but I'm out of the vicious cycle of constant consumption. I think that was the goal of Christine's year...it was changing her mentality and lifestyle.

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

^^^ I agree I don't think her makeout 2013 was a fail, I think I'm just disappointed in the video. I get that after a year she's probably sick of having the restrictions but something about it (maybe combined with the zoya video she just did) felt a bit off

missobtuse
Debater
Debater

Post by missobtuse »

I think her redecorating videos are just plan dumb like most people here. Christin has fallen into the cycle of "purging" a bunch of stuff (aka sell it to some poor chumps), buying a couple new "cute" items she totally loves and can use for a long time. Then she just re-"purges" it all in 6 months and repeats the cycle.
If she really was pairing down she would have found a new use for half the shit she owned and then got ride of the stuff she didn't need and bought NOTHING. Instead of spending 10 or 15 bucks on a giant apothecary jar for cotton balls, why didn't she just keep the clear jars she was storing lipglosses in before and use those? You know she is going to be annoyed by the fact that all her different cotton products (q-tips, balls, squares) are not very organized just all tossed together?? She had two "cute " glass containers she could have stores her cotton products in just fine, instead of selling them off and buying more crap she could have just reused those.
Or instead of buying a bunch of baskets and paint buckets she could have kept using the pink and leopard print organizers inside the cabinet. They most likely would have fit, and with the door closed you would not have seen the color or patterns.
The point of decluttering and living a simple lifestyle is to have less and buy less. Not to just sell all your stuff to chump and then replace it all with new clutter.

JuliaGhostx3
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by JuliaGhostx3 »

I find her purge/organizing videos entertaining to watch, but I would NEVER actually follow any advice that she gives.

Pluto
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pluto »

For me Christine's makeout was neither a fail or a success. I'm not one who really cares what people put in their cart quantity wise, it's the actual product that makes me interested. So if she wants 500 brown lipsticks I don't care, it's her money buy what ever you want. I would be more interested in her purchases if say she would of found a cool green eyeshadow or a berry toned lipstick that she would then add into her routine. Christine looks very 90's to me, her makeup is so monochromatic. I feel she needs to get away from "delicious" shades and actually find things that help brighten and polish her look.

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

missobtuse wrote:I think her redecorating videos are just plan dumb like most people here. Christin has fallen into the cycle of "purging" a bunch of stuff (aka sell it to some poor chumps), buying a couple new "cute" items she totally loves and can use for a long time. Then she just re-"purges" it all in 6 months and repeats the cycle.
If she really was pairing down she would have found a new use for half the shit she owned and then got ride of the stuff she didn't need and bought NOTHING. Instead of spending 10 or 15 bucks on a giant apothecary jar for cotton balls, why didn't she just keep the clear jars she was storing lipglosses in before and use those? You know she is going to be annoyed by the fact that all her different cotton products (q-tips, balls, squares) are not very organized just all tossed together?? She had two "cute " glass containers she could have stores her cotton products in just fine, instead of selling them off and buying more crap she could have just reused those.
Or instead of buying a bunch of baskets and paint buckets she could have kept using the pink and leopard print organizers inside the cabinet. They most likely would have fit, and with the door closed you would not have seen the color or patterns.
The point of decluttering and living a simple lifestyle is to have less and buy less. Not to just sell all your stuff to chump and then replace it all with new clutter.
What's with the name calling?

Return to “Christine Kobzeff”