Niomi Smart Part 4

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Niomi Smart Part 4

Post by rai1234 »

cardiobunny wrote:What's the point of filming a makeup tutorial if you don't tell people what make up items you're using????? She didn't mention where's her BB cream, eye palette, mascara and concealer from (correct me if I'm wrong though). I guess those brands didn't pay her. The weirdest part is that she said where's her bronzer or blush from.
This makeup routine is just a sad AD for EcoTools. Not even discreet. At least she is clear about it.
She mentioned Hourglass, Milani and the brow pencil brand. I have a far fetched theory but could she have only mentioned the cruelty-free brands she was using? Could it be possible that the other brands she didn't mention weren't cruelty free and so wasn't allowed to mention them in an eco tools ad? I couldn't make out what the other brands were. The reason I think that is because it makes no sense to mention some brands but not others.

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

I read her mom's piece that she wrote for the Huffington Post about infertility. It was so well written and made me understand why Niomi is so good with Daisy even though they are so far apart.

cardiobunny
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by cardiobunny »

rai1234 wrote:
cardiobunny wrote:What's the point of filming a makeup tutorial if you don't tell people what make up items you're using????? She didn't mention where's her BB cream, eye palette, mascara and concealer from (correct me if I'm wrong though). I guess those brands didn't pay her. The weirdest part is that she said where's her bronzer or blush from.
This makeup routine is just a sad AD for EcoTools. Not even discreet. At least she is clear about it.
She mentioned Hourglass, Milani and the brow pencil brand. I have a far fetched theory but could she have only mentioned the cruelty-free brands she was using? Could it be possible that the other brands she didn't mention weren't cruelty free and so wasn't allowed to mention them in an eco tools ad? I couldn't make out what the other brands were. The reason I think that is because it makes no sense to mention some brands but not others.
I guess you're right! It's still weird. Couldn't she be bothered to find some cruelty free concealer? And make video about vegan makeup? And talk about something important for once- like animal testing? But no, I think those Dior trips are more important to her (can't blame her though, going to Paris with Dior is a great thing for sure). It's her job and that video is just so boring. She didn't have to do anything. She just showed us brushes.

But I think taking every chance and making every video an AD is not good for her image. People started noticing that. I don't really trust her opinion now. I used to love her when she started her channel. Sadly her videos get more boring. And she is really stuck with this 1,7M subs.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

sororitygirl123 wrote:I read her mom's piece that she wrote for the Huffington Post about infertility. It was so well written and made me understand why Niomi is so good with Daisy even though they are so far apart.
Her mom's piece gave me better insight into niomi than her own content does. it would be cool to hear about her family in ways other than subtely referencing how posh they are. that article was the first confirmation we’ve gotten that niomi grew up without a father in the picture, though we’ve always suspected. Anyway, I gained a lot of respect for their family I just wish we saw more of it.

backatitagain
Informer
Informer

Post by backatitagain »

mg95 wrote:
sororitygirl123 wrote:I read her mom's piece that she wrote for the Huffington Post about infertility. It was so well written and made me understand why Niomi is so good with Daisy even though they are so far apart.
Her mom's piece gave me better insight into niomi than her own content does. it would be cool to hear about her family in ways other than subtely referencing how posh they are. that article was the first confirmation we’ve gotten that niomi grew up without a father in the picture, though we’ve always suspected. Anyway, I gained a lot of respect for their family I just wish we saw more of it.
Could someone please link it?

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

backatitagain wrote:
mg95 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/verity- ... 41414.html

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

^ And she's a writer? Oh boy, now I see where Niomi gets her talents from.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

in zoe's latest vlog niomi was over and the girls and alfie were reminiscing about the early days of youtube. marcus' name comes up quite a bit in passing and niomi seemed pretty unbothered.

sailor_mars
Informer
Informer

Post by sailor_mars »

Callan wrote:^ And she's a writer? Oh boy, now I see where Niomi gets her talents from.

I can’t tell if that’s sarcasm...
https://hooktube.com/
Public service announcement:
USE HOOKTUBE TO WATCH ALL YOUTUBER’S WITHOUT GIVING THEM A VIEW!

sailor_mars
Informer
Informer

Post by sailor_mars »

She’s off to Manilla now. I asked on her IG who this trip is sponsored by
https://hooktube.com/
Public service announcement:
USE HOOKTUBE TO WATCH ALL YOUTUBER’S WITHOUT GIVING THEM A VIEW!

blahblah123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahblah123 »

It's a very sensitive topic and my heart goes out to her, but her mom was supposedly an editor at a magazine? I see several typos and grammatical errors in her article.

I would like to know what Niomi's grandparents do, as their house in Naples, Florida alone could go for upwards of $20 million. The most elite politicians have houses in that area. Think about this next time Niomi tries to be relatable.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

blahblah123 wrote:It's a very sensitive topic and my heart goes out to her, but her mom was supposedly an editor at a magazine? I see several typos and grammatical errors in her article.

I would like to know what Niomi's grandparents do, as their house in Naples, Florida alone could go for upwards of $20 million. The most elite politicians have houses in that area. Think about this next time Niomi tries to be relatable.
That's what puzzled me too, and just when you thought she was done with a point she would start a new paragraph and continue, very weird.
She also has two restaurants, now we know how that cookbook came to be.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

sailor_mars wrote:
Callan wrote:^ And she's a writer? Oh boy, now I see where Niomi gets her talents from.

I can’t tell if that’s sarcasm...
Lol, yeah girl :P

blissful
Informer
Informer

Post by blissful »

Did no one edit that article? I couldn't even finish reading it because the writing was so terrible. I'd actually be embarrassed to have something like that out in the public under my name. :?

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

blissful wrote:Did no one edit that article? I couldn't even finish reading it because the writing was so terrible. I'd actually be embarrassed to have something like that out in the public under my name. :?
Thank you! I felt bad saying that because English isn't my native language but even I couldn't get through all that convoluted stuff. Her mom is a "writer", Niomi is a "model"... you guys see how this is going? lol.

backatitagain
Informer
Informer

Post by backatitagain »

mg95 wrote:
backatitagain wrote:
mg95 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/verity- ... 41414.html

blahblah123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahblah123 »

Callan wrote:
blissful wrote:Did no one edit that article? I couldn't even finish reading it because the writing was so terrible. I'd actually be embarrassed to have something like that out in the public under my name. :?
Thank you! I felt bad saying that because English isn't my native language but even I couldn't get through all that convoluted stuff. Her mom is a "writer", Niomi is a "model"... you guys see how this is going? lol.
I couldn't even figure out if she ended up having a baby in the end? I mean I know because Niomi has vlogged her sister but I wouldn't be able to tell from that article.

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

I think it's a bit ridiculous that she put the tiniest little "AD" in the thumbnail of her latest video, in the bottom right corner. For me, it gets completely covered by the time length, so you can't actually see it. Just makes her look sneaky.

English is not my first language

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

blahblah123 wrote:
Callan wrote:
I couldn't even figure out if she ended up having a baby in the end? I mean I know because Niomi has vlogged her sister but I wouldn't be able to tell from that article.
I couldn't either, but I googled her and pictures came up lol.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

vanillakid wrote:I think it's a bit ridiculous that she put the tiniest little "AD" in the thumbnail of her latest video, in the bottom right corner. For me, it gets completely covered by the time length, so you can't actually see it. Just makes her look sneaky.
With Niomi you have to watch an Ad before you watch her video and then her video is an Ad.

Return to “Niomi Smart”