Ghostparties

Re: Ghostparties

Post by Guest »

^ Pics were beautiful, they looked great.

hana.bananals
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hana.bananals »

I'm glad they eloped, you could tell a wedding would have been stressful for her as she doesn't have her family close by.
The photo looked great.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

Her accent / voice sounds so odd and she sounds soooo incredibly bored alllll the time! Watched her recent clothing haul and she's SO un-excited! Her accent - what IS it, why's it so strange :?

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

MoanyMinnie wrote:Her accent / voice sounds so odd and she sounds soooo incredibly bored alllll the time! Watched her recent clothing haul and she's SO un-excited! Her accent - what IS it, why's it so strange :?
Her accent is a mix of one from New Zealand and one from Glasgow, which is why it's so odd as they aren't really accents that usually mix!

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

Kate is literally one of the worst bloggers when it comes to not answering questions from her followers about where the items are from in her instagram posts. Anything for that rewardstyle link click.:roll:

Corgetta_1
Informer
Informer

Post by Corgetta_1 »

She appears to control the relationship. Their apt does not reflect Jordan personality. I highly doubt Jordan loves all that white and pink tones. Where does he keep his stuff? Strange.
The apt looks too feminine, as if he is a temporary guest.

Lorena
Informer
Informer

Post by Lorena »

MoanyMinnie wrote:Her accent / voice sounds so odd and she sounds soooo incredibly bored alllll the time! Watched her recent clothing haul and she's SO un-excited! Her accent - what IS it, why's it so strange :?
she looks great in pictures but not so much in videos. she's not youtube material imo.

Post by Guest »

Corgetta_1 wrote:She appears to control the relationship. Their apt does not reflect Jordan personality. I highly doubt Jordan loves all that white and pink tones. Where does he keep his stuff? Strange.
The apt looks too feminine, as if he is a temporary guest.
I know Jordan and he is a total hipster himself and very laid back. I agree their flat is overkill but I doubt he cares. My entire apartment was decorated by me because I have an eye for it and my partner doesn't, that doesn't mean that I "control the relationship"

Corgetta_1
Informer
Informer

Post by Corgetta_1 »

He will care one day.... there's only so much a person will take. I too decorated our homes, but I always inflict and have my husband's input. It's a blend that works. His personality comes through as well.

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Idk, Jordan still has his stuff around, like they have a big area in their kitchen for his coffee making stuff and shelves of his vinyls in their living room. I doubt he's that bothered by it all, especially since Kate works from home and her home is tied to her work and he doesn't so it kind of makes sense that their home is more influenced by her.

EffyStonem
Informer
Informer

Re: Ghostpartiesa

Post by EffyStonem »

Ok this is gonna probably be long but here I go. I came across a video of hers maybe a year ago? On my recommended page and basically at night whist in bed, I will click/watch anything. It was an apartment tour video and I usually love those (even if they're never really my style) because I am just nosy and like to see how people decorate. Well when I watched her video, it wasn't that is just wasn't my style but it was literally all fake organized clutter. I don't know how to explain but it was literally like 3 paper clips "scattered" on a notebook and like a pen perfectly placed messily next to it. It was SO WEIRD. Allllll the comments I read were just pure praise. I commented like "must be hard to clean all that" but it was just such a weird thing. I get bloggers and such place things and whatever in a certain way for pics and what not but an entire apartment?! Crazy. Anyways, after that video didn't watch another and then literally yesterday a "re organizing my office" I think was the name was recommended and again, watched it and it was the same shit. Her reorganizing everything in like a picturesque clutter. Who has time for that? if Pinterest took a shit it would be her apartment. How unoriginal and boring. Which leads me to I watched another video and her VOICE!!!! So dull and dead. It's like the energy is sucked out of her when she speaks. Literally watching her talk was a drag and made me so irritated/bored. She speaks as if she hates that she has to speak. And she can't string a proper sentence together, she kinda sounds dreamy but not in a good way, more like as if her head is empty and just filled w bubbles. Anyways, I've only seen about 3 videos and definitely will not be watching anymore. Just needed to share because I don't think I've ever disliked a youtuber as much/and quick as her (like I can actually watch/enjoy zoellas vlogs) that's saying a lot! Sorry for the rant goodbye lol ;-)

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

I’m in two minds about this.
Apart from the big TV, games consoles, guitars and his clothes hanging in our wardrobe you probably couldn’t tell my boyfriend lives with me, even though we jointly own our home.
The only thing he was really bothered about was the size of the TV and how far away it was from the sofa.
He has veto’d some ideas and we don’t have anything he dislikes but at the same time he just really isn’t into furnishings.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Corgetta_1 wrote:He will care one day.... there's only so much a person will take. I too decorated our homes, but I always inflict and have my husband's input. It's a blend that works. His personality comes through as well.
Honestly, a lot of people do not care about the aesthetics of their homes as long as it functions. Not every man (or woman) is like Ludwig II or Louis XIV when it comes to design, each to their own.

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

EffyStonem wrote:Ok this is gonna probably be long but here I go. I came across a video of hers maybe a year ago? On my recommended page and basically at night whist in bed, I will click/watch anything. It was an apartment tour video and I usually love those (even if they're never really my style) because I am just nosy and like to see how people decorate. Well when I watched her video, it wasn't that is just wasn't my style but it was literally all fake organized clutter. I don't know how to explain but it was literally like 3 paper clips "scattered" on a notebook and like a pen perfectly placed messily next to it. It was SO WEIRD. Allllll the comments I read were just pure praise. I commented like "must be hard to clean all that" but it was just such a weird thing. I get bloggers and such place things and whatever in a certain way for pics and what not but an entire apartment?! Crazy. Anyways, after that video didn't watch another and then literally yesterday a "re organizing my office" I think was the name was recommended and again, watched it and it was the same shit. Her reorganizing everything in like a picturesque clutter. Who has time for that? if Pinterest took a shit it would be her apartment. How unoriginal and boring. Which leads me to I watched another video and her VOICE!!!! So dull and dead. It's like the energy is sucked out of her when she speaks. Literally watching her talk was a drag and made me so irritated/bored. She speaks as if she hates that she has to speak. And she can't string a proper sentence together, she kinda sounds dreamy but not in a good way, more like as if her head is empty and just filled w bubbles. Anyways, I've only seen about 3 videos and definitely will not be watching anymore. Just needed to share because I don't think I've ever disliked a youtuber as much/and quick as her (like I can actually watch/enjoy zoellas vlogs) that's saying a lot! Sorry for the rant goodbye lol ;-)
I couldn't agree more, the way she speaks is so irritating that I just can't watch her - she sound soooo bored and empty headed :roll:

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

Glad it's not just me who finds her annoying - I don't dislike her but the mix of the droney weird accent and high pitched giggling in her vlogs is irritating

Lorena
Informer
Informer

Post by Lorena »

I tried to watch their elopment video thinking it would be interesting and I just couldn't even make it halway through... they are so BORING!

CofeeNgossip
Debater
Debater

Post by CofeeNgossip »

I don't regularly watch, but seen her Confidence Chat as she'd mentioned on insta that she will touch on roaccutane. I was not aware she is so under confident to the point of not going to the gym cause all the other girls would be athletic and better than herself? What will size 18+ do then if she worries about her shape?

Also it's shocking how many YTers with large followings seem to have anxiety and insecurities to the point of not being able to take part in events...

milkymint
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by milkymint »

I'm an interior designer and so I love watching interior videos. I would disagree with you all and say "How to Decorate a Mantle" is VERY INTERESTING! But the one thing that bothers me the most is that her home is cluttered with meaningless "bits and bobs" that serve no purpose but to look pretty and show off what she has or what's she's wasting money on. What's missing in her home is a soul. It's currently just a showroom of her consumerism, and not a reflection of her personal life. Which is really a shame.

What really bothers me is that there are empty Jo Malone and Diptyque candle jars all over the place. OR that she reuses old shopping bags (Dior, Chanel, etc) as decorative objects on shelves. To me, it makes her home look cheap, and it also makes it seem like it's the reason she buys those items to begin with - to show it off. Her home is also TOO trendy which is why she is constantly changing it. I wish she would stop wasting money on West Elm and purchase key quality pieces, not items from big box stores. :(

Post by Guest »

milkymint wrote:What really bothers me is that there are empty Jo Malone and Diptyque candle jars all over the place. OR that she reuses old shopping bags (Dior, Chanel, etc) as decorative objects on shelves. To me, it makes her home look cheap, and it also makes it seem like it's the reason she buys those items to begin with - to show it off.
Agree with your whole post but this in particular is my pet hate. It’s such a juvenile thing, I remember doing it when I was 16, it just has no place in an adult home :?

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

Her home is very Pinterest-y. I get why people see it and go crazy over it. At first glance it looks pretty with all those soft colours. But when you look closer it's all trendy pieces and "it" items. She switches up the decor of their home so often (espeiclaly the big pieces of furniture - that must cost so much money!) that it's obvious her home decor style is just whatever is on-trend at the moment. I agree about the candles and designer bags. It's something young women do. It's definitely a sign of immaturity, "look at what I have/can buy".

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”