Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Asian bloggers

Post by kaylee »

hlisse wrote:
kaylee wrote:^^

I take it back. When she's not posing for blogshops, she wears tacky outfits too. Except XX goes for cutesy stuff. And interesting enough, even Naomi has a hate site: http://antinaomineo.blogspot.com
Is she actually pretty big?

Skimming through the hate blog, she sounds like a girl who just hit puberty, how old is she?
kaylee wrote:Speaking of sisters, what do you guys think of the SG Sisters?

That picture looks like it came from year 2007
Naomi turned 18. But she's been all cleavage flaunting, push up bra wearing since puberty.

This pic was posted on Oct 14

It's like a freaking throwback to the first time we had colored images on phones.

Seijun

Post by Seijun »

With the money they flaunt, can't they at least learn how to use a damn camera? Stuff like the Photojojo series are not that expensive (if they only want to take pics with their phones).

Even The Londoner knows how to work a lens...

hlisse
Informer
Informer

Post by hlisse »

Naomi looks 24.

Just.... how can one take pictures that bad in this era?

They are definitely not people I can associate with the word 'luxury'.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

They could've at least filtered the photos to make it more decent. But mehhh.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

hlisse wrote:Naomi looks 24.

Just.... how can one take pictures that bad in this era?

They are definitely not people I can associate with the word 'luxury'.
Lol. She'll probably go, oh you think I'm older because I'm so mature.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

Quite curious if anybody has an amount of dislikeness for Kaykay. She's quite a party girl nowadays ne? Saw lots of pics of her with the guys behind Drink Culture. Anybody knows their deal?

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

Thoughts?

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

Li Ling ‏@CLLxheart 9h9 hours ago
These bloggers ah go pulau ubin also have photoshoot tsk tsk

Joel Lee ‏@MrJoelLee 6h6 hours ago
@CLLxheart r u talking about Andrea Chong?

Li Ling ‏@CLLxheart 6h6 hours ago
@MrJoelLee yea and Christabel Chua HAHA

@CLLxheart HAHAHAHA y u so mean #theyblogforaliving

Li Ling ‏@CLLxheart 6h6 hours ago
@MrJoelLee #sorrylah #believeincapturingnature #howmanypicsofthemselvesalready

@CLLxheart ok that's true #youwin
LOL.

smiley
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smiley »

kaylee wrote:Image

Thoughts?
Naomi tries too hard to be edgy and sexy for someone quite young. She comes off as desperate to me.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

smiley wrote:

Thoughts?
Naomi tries too hard to be edgy and sexy for someone quite young. She comes off as desperate to me.
True. Some would say it's just a phase, and that she's too young and childish to be criticised as we do with XX.

Well, she's 18 now. While it is still young, you'd still expect her to mature and learn, with the world out there being cruel. She seems to go towards the path of fake rebellion and uses this as a nich so she wont be compare as much to bloggers her age.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

Am I the only one who thinks Christabel is milking on Andrea's fame? Like all of a sudden, they're BFFs! But if you look at videos/pictures, Andrea looks pretty annoyed with the huge vainpot.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

[youtube][/youtube]

UHM WHOA. SHE LOOKS LIKE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON.

Seijun

Post by Seijun »

Am I the only one who thinks Christabel is milking on Andrea's fame? Like all of a sudden, they're BFFs! But if you look at videos/pictures, Andrea looks pretty annoyed with the huge vainpot.
Is Andrea even more "famous" than Christabel? I've only stumbled upon each of their blog once; I have no idea how they "rank" among Pacific bloggers...?

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

Seijun wrote:

Is Andrea even more "famous" than Christabel? I've only stumbled upon each of their blog once; I have no idea how they "rank" among Pacific bloggers...?
Andrea has been hosting The F Word with Jem, and has more experience. Christabel just started full-time this year, after graduating uni.

From what I've gathered (mostly from Jem's page), Christabel was one of Andrea's followers, kept messaging her and since she has done blogshop modelling whatever, probably has worked with her in some of those shops... and they clicked.

Christabel was practically a nobody, just doing here and there blogshops, nothing spectacular and blogging personal stuff. Now, ALL her posts are advertorials... and if there's a personal one, it's going to be a flowery, non-sensical #thoughtpost with pictures of herself (yet again) that has no relation to what she is saying. Probably even with a disclaimer, that she has little or no makeup. Now, with that video. IDK. LOL.

And she joined Miss Universe Singapore. But that's easy peazy there to join. She also works for TheSmartLocal, hence her recent visibility.

Seijun

Post by Seijun »

^ Ah thanks for the input! I've only known of Christabel and Andrea at the same time and it was like... just a few months ago.

I don't watch "The F Word" because XX and QQ permanently shied me away from Clicknetwork (and it's a shame, because they might have interesting people to watch); plus English is not my first language and despite having studied all kinds of accents in college, I really can't listen to some videos with SG girls in them.

From what I saw in their recent blog entries, they look like "friends" (I use this word because I can't find another one) and Andrea didn't look like she was annoyed by the time she spends with Christabel. But I don't follow any of these girls, I have no idea of how their relationship works or what it looks like to outside eyes.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

^ LOL! I know what you mean. And imagine if that SG girl has hosted a kid's show (there's one!)---- SG accent trying to sound British/American + trying to act cute, yikes!

So here's my observation on them--

I see Andrea as this serious person when it comes to her career. She has built it on her own. Any form of horsing around can be seen as obnoxious to a person like that. They do have their fun times but they separate play with work.

Christabel, on the other hand, is this person who tries to act cute all the time. I mean, the woman is 23 and has finished undergrad in AU. Don't girls usually mature and leave their bubblegum cuteness after that? Apparently, not all.

While I didn't really base my judgment on the this picture (I based in on some videos, if I find it in my cache, I'll try to upload it), I guess we could still depict the body language in them.

Christabel flailing all of her limbs outside while Andrea tries to find her way out, and was left to raise it behind them. Actually, you'd see a lot of pictures of Christabel flailing, covering other people in the pics. I see this as Christabel's act cute overstepping her bounds and in some way invading Andrea's personal space.

As for the videos mentioned, it's Christabel, Andrea and others walking. Christabel being her vain self, acting cute (tongue may or may not be sticked out) and showing Andrea just walking away and texting. They're not even side by side, and not BFF-like, as they have always been portrayed.

Seijun

Post by Seijun »

^ Ahah you may be right; I'm always for watching videos rather than pictures to determine and understand how someone's relationships work (you can tell 100x times more things from a video rather than a picture). I'll try to find it myself, you talking about them made me curious of their dynamic.

What I can say from watching their blogs and IG accounts in the past few days is that Andrea comes off as somehow more 'professional' than Christabel; and what Andrea shows makes me want to follow her more than Christabel. I can't really explain why (maybe because I'm tired of girls trying to act cute and whatever BS they think is attractive), but what Andrea has to offer seems more geared towards readers like me; I guess that's why she might seem like a 'nicer' person who's not a try-hard like Christabel.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

[youtube][/youtube]

Another video of Christabel looking unlike her usual IG self. Also, are they turning into like Clicknetwork?
They gave her a web show to share beauty tips and tricks, but honestly, I have not learnt anything from it. It's just all about her. :?

And in the latest one,

She goes in IG:
<PRESS PLAY> Have you caught the newest upload on @thesmartlocaltv? It's my first time speaking directly to the camera continuously & honestly, I was a little nervous! Stay up to date with the latest episode here: bit.ly/prettysmart4 #TSLtv 3d
She's always go for the innocent girl next door who's new at doing makeups. "IT'S MY FIRST TIME." Really now... :rofl:
And yet she's always doing snapchat almost every hour, everyday, and her amount of blush has increased.

kaylee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kaylee »

[youtube][/youtube]

Another video of Christabel looking unlike her usual IG self. Also, are they turning into like Clicknetwork?
They gave her a web show to share beauty tips and tricks, but honestly, I have not learnt anything from it. It's just all about her. :?

And in the latest one,

She goes in IG:
<PRESS PLAY> Have you caught the newest upload on @thesmartlocaltv? It's my first time speaking directly to the camera continuously & honestly, I was a little nervous! Stay up to date with the latest episode here: bit.ly/prettysmart4 #TSLtv 3d
She's always go for the innocent girl next door who's new at doing makeups. "IT'S MY FIRST TIME." Really now... :rofl:
And yet she's always doing snapchat almost every hour, everyday, and her amount of blush has increased.

SJ89
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SJ89 »

oh... this girl... I found out about her through one of the eps on That F Word when she replaced Jem for the 'how to take an OOTD selfie'. The only impression she gave me was that she kept turning her head towards Andrea and to the camera back and forth lol! I'm guessing it's probably her first time or she felt intimidated being around Andrea, who's already a pro and chillax in the hosting department.
oh my gawd i just recalled something.. me and my friend passed by her once..she was at en event at Marina Sq and she wore this really tall heels..or stilettos (do you girls call them that? idk i've never worn those kind of shoes anyway) and my friend said how could she possibly walk around in those comfortably and she'd probably need someone to hold on to wherever she goes..she was talking to a guy at the time, i assumed her bf probably.
Anyway, she comes across too bubbly for my liking. then again why do most bloggers have to give off this bubbly persona. As much as i'm not a reader of Sophie Willocq's, at least she doesn't come across as bubbly-excited for life everyday kinda thing. Even Andrea and Jem seemed rather chillax and not so much of hyper in life when they're doing their work...if you get what i mean. I dont know, to me i find this whole bubbly image all fake to me. it must be tiring for those who have to put this personality up every day but i guess if she's really like that, then props to her for trying to spread her positive energy around. maybe i'm just pessimistic by nature haha.

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”