Really Ree

bloggerbaiter
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Really Ree

Post by bloggerbaiter »

The search function on this site doesn't work to well for me but I can't find any threads about Ree and I can't believe it! I cannot stand this girl.

Rubbish reviews, everything is "amazing", and there's usually one short paragraph in her "review". Way too many affiliate links. Has never disliked anything to the best of my knowledge, and rides the tailcoats of other bloggers. And don't get me started on the simpering looks and spider lashes.

I can't understand why she is so popular with brands when she rarely gets comments on her posts. But then I suppose because she's just a "OMG This is amazing" blogger, that makes her popular with brands.

bloggerbaiter
Learner
Learner

Re: Really Ree

Post by bloggerbaiter »

can't believe I'm the only one! :?

kellykkk
Debater
Debater

Post by kellykkk »

I don't like her either. I click on her links expecting a review but it turns out to be just photos of the products and maybe 2 sentences of information. I think she's one of those bloggers who's only popular with PRs because she's worked in beauty so she knew them already, like British Beauty Blogger. She's also always really shiny in her photos which annoys me more than it should haha

bloggerbaiter
Learner
Learner

Post by bloggerbaiter »

Terrible. She just loves everything. A couple of sentences, shiny face and spider lashes.

I didn't know she'd worked in beauty though, that explains a lot.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I agree. I can't take to her at all either. I find it hard to take any advice from her, because honestly I just think she doesn't look good in the photos she posts of her wearing products. Like you say, she is always very shiny. All I see is a greasy face, with huge pores and lipstick bleeding around her mouth all the time. :(
This just isn't a good look to me. :? http://www.reallyree.com/2013/12/aerin- ... watch.html She looks scary. :?

BloggerInsider
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by BloggerInsider »

To my knowledge, Ree didn't 'work in beauty', prior to starting up her blog. She's just worked her arse off and got pally with BBB, so used to go to events with her, thus increasing her PR contacts. I prefer her over BBB anyday, far friendlier and more approachable. Don't look to her blog expecting in-depth reviews, that's not what she's about. She just showcases the latest products - much like BBB tbh. She works bloody hard though and deserves the success that's come with her blog.

I've met her a number of times and am fairly 'pally' with her. She's a good 'un - which is rare to find in the bitchy world of beauty blogging.

kellykkk
Debater
Debater

Post by kellykkk »

Ah sorry I thought she was a beauty journo, must have got that wrong. Her blog doesn't look like she's worked hard at it in my opinion, she has a lot of followers but her content is really lacking, I just can't see the appeal

sortofglitter
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sortofglitter »

I hate the way she just takes a couple of bad photographs and writes a line and that's it. Her nail varnish reviews are particularly terrible. I mildly prefer her to BBB just because she seems like a nice person but I don't know how either of them are at all popular.

bloggerbaiter
Learner
Learner

Post by bloggerbaiter »

BloggerInsider...I know exactly how she comes across in the flesh, like a really sweet girl and really harmless.

Which she is, if you are a not a blogger or a smaller blogger than she is. If you're a blogger and equally or more successful, watch your back because under that sweet, innocent and harmless facade is a very determined blogger who will step on you to get to the top.

Shes pretty brutal when it comes to her blog and that applies to her blog related relationships too.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being aspirational and having goals and dreams and working to achieve them. Nothing wrong at all...but if you're crapping on people to get there then thats really not nice.

From an even bigger Blogger Insider.

I don't think she and BBB are even in the same league, although Ree certainly would like to think she is. They are tens of thousands of followers apart.

BloggerInsider
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by BloggerInsider »

LOL I don't really take the whole blogger thing as seriously as I once did, but most will f**k their so-called friends over to get a campaign/higher fee for a sponsored post if the opportunity arose. Money talks!

When I've needed her help, be it a PR contact or advice she's always given me the info I've needed, with no hidden agenda, so I respect her for that.

I haven't looked at BBB's blog in forever and won't be anytime soon (not a fan). I check Ree's blog for what I used to check BBB's for - new product info.

intheknow
Stalker
Stalker

Post by intheknow »

Just throwing this in as I've been sitting on it for a while but now seems opportune...it really helps your google results when you buy tens of thousands of followers on google plus...and if you look at those followers, out of the tens of thousands, maybe a hundred look like they ave any interest in beauty.

Considering she has less bloglovin followers than many distinctly average bloggers, never mind the big league bloggers, its odd that someone should have so many on a medium that isn't much used and read by UK readers, but regardless has a good impact on google results.

Would certainly help companies take you more seriously, especially those who aren't as familiar with google plus as they should be and don't look further than the numbers...but I think it could be classed as fraud. The definition of which is wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Jus' Sayin. And now I'll trip trap back under my bridge.

bloggerbaiter
Learner
Learner

Post by bloggerbaiter »

tut tut tut. I've just been for a nose, it certainly looks very dodge. :o

Well no self respecting blogger would do this. Rightly or wrongly it could ruin her. If of course its true.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

I only discovered her because I'd Googled for info on some upcoming Illamasqua releases and her post/blog came up. I tweeted her an easy question about said blog post. Illamasqua tweeted her thanking her for the blog post and she immediately tweeted them back. My tweet/question on the same post was ignored.

keepitsimple
Learner
Learner

Post by keepitsimple »

I literally CANNOT get over this girls blog layout!

Plus her pictures are EXTREMELY subpar. They look like she blogs with an iPhone and has been blogging for about a week…

I don't understand why companies send her things,I wouldn't trust her to showcase ANY products let alone get people to buy them….

gonebabygone
Informer
Informer

Post by gonebabygone »

keepitsimple wrote:I literally CANNOT get over this girls blog layout!

Plus her pictures are EXTREMELY subpar. They look like she blogs with an iPhone and has been blogging for about a week…

I don't understand why companies send her things,I wouldn't trust her to showcase ANY products let alone get people to buy them….
I think I would go to her blog in case I needed to convince myself NOT to buy makeup... She makes everything look horrible!

kellykkk
Debater
Debater

Post by kellykkk »

Saw her post about the new Benefit cream blush earlier, I've forgotten the name but it's something like suffragette (obviously not suffragette), and she was gushing over it but the pictures made it look like something she'd dug out her grandmas vanity. The post didn't seem so much that she was ecstatic about the product, more ecstatic that she'd got some sort of new release scoop. Her posts never seem to get that many comments, I find that a bit odd.

Blissey
Learner
Learner

Post by Blissey »

It's her lip swatches that get me. Does she use someone else for them? In her full face pics she looks quite young but those lips swatches look like they're on a 60 year old. Totally cringe worthy.

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

Her photos are dreadful - that flash does not show off a foundation/lipstick well AT ALL. She looks haggered.

erinb
Stalker
Stalker

Post by erinb »

I created an account just so I can find out if anyone know what's happened with really ree? Hi everyone! She isn't having contributors any more by all accounts and put out some statement saying she isn't asociated with the people she used to work with. Anyone know what's gone on?

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”