Kalel - Mama Kale, Mother of Fails (Part 33)

Felice
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kalel - Mama Kale, Mother of Fails (Part 33)

Post by Felice »

iiionescuu wrote:Quick question, sorry if this was already asked but can someone further explain her outing joey?
She replied to a comment on one of her old blogs about how inappropriate it was for her to be jumping on and being touchy-feely with her (former) friend, David, while she was engaged to Anthony. David's gay and she mentioned that in the reply and then went on to say that she views him as a girlfriend, the same way she does with Joey. This was before Joey came out.

I found a picture of the comment: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i7wg34 ... ST2j4jyvIU

iiionescuu
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by iiionescuu »

^
^
^
Ooohh ok thanks, makes better sense now ☺️

LoliFlour
Informer
Informer

Post by LoliFlour »

I've always wanted to point out how much I hate that "Knowledge is power" post on her Frilly and Fancy blog, and the fact that it had the potential to be well written with credible facts but then she decided to capitalize pretty much every other word and ruin it completely. It makes me cringe so hard

crlnzo
Debater
Debater

Post by crlnzo »

She's taking cooking classes from sporkfoods according to her Instastory, I'm glad she's doing something! Continue pursuing that kalel and don't half-ass it.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

crlnzo wrote:She's taking cooking classes from sporkfoods according to her Instastory, I'm glad she's doing something! Continue pursuing that kalel and don't half-ass it.
You know she is probably only taking the class for a video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crlnzo
Debater
Debater

Post by crlnzo »

Snookerddle wrote:
crlnzo wrote:She's taking cooking classes from sporkfoods according to her Instastory, I'm glad she's doing something! Continue pursuing that kalel and don't half-ass it.
You know she is probably only taking the class for a video.

I hope for her sake it's not just for a video but to take actual steps into bettering herself because this is a good start, tbh.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

I don't believe for one second that they're still friends. She hasn't mentioned her in I don't know how long. Again, using "friends" to make money.

ImageImage

almondmilk
Learner
Learner

Post by almondmilk »

^ when i saw this post i rolled my eyes so good. the only mention of her ~best friend~ in ages is for an ad.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

I'm not sure what to think of Evelina's comment. Image

Felice
Learner
Learner

Post by Felice »

^ Evelina's comment seems... I don't know... flat? Lacking emotion? I know it's impossible to read people's intentions via words on a screen but the reply just seems weird. I feel like their relationship is very one-sided... Kalel always refers to Evelina as her best friend but I never recall Evelina doing the same, or ever even really acknowledging Kalel. She may have posted a picture of the two of them a couple of times but I don't remember her being all "This is my bff." And Evelina has a pretty strong online presence from what I've seen (used to follow her, no longer do).
Also, any bets on how long it'll take for Kalel to delete that Instagram post because it totally clashes with her grid "aesthetic"? Lol

candlepants
Informer
Informer

Post by candlepants »

Felice wrote:^ Evelina's comment seems... I don't know... flat? Lacking emotion? I know it's impossible to read people's intentions via words on a screen but the reply just seems weird. I feel like their relationship is very one-sided... Kalel always refers to Evelina as her best friend but I never recall Evelina doing the same, or ever even really acknowledging Kalel. She may have posted a picture of the two of them a couple of times but I don't remember her being all "This is my bff." And Evelina has a pretty strong online presence from what I've seen (used to follow her, no longer do).
Also, any bets on how long it'll take for Kalel to delete that Instagram post because it totally clashes with her grid "aesthetic"? Lol
Kalel probably didn't have another photo available to use for that, so went back to "Evelina is my bffl" and that response does seem flat, but again, hard to portray tone in text. I feel that a well placed ! could have changed the tone a bit for me personally.

Now it's been a few years since youtubers became a "thing" and they're now established as a "thing" their friendships all feel a bit forced and benefits-over-authenticity :?

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

For an ad? Really? And using an old picture too.

That post and Evelina's response makes me think they're just friends with loyalty, like the kind of friend you can always fall back on when you can't depend on current friends. It doesn't sound to me like they're that close anymore. Which is fine. It happens as you get older. You spend less time with friends and hanging out gets more difficult as you work on your career, build a new family, or whatever.

But I feel like Kalel doesn't have those excuses. She hardly works and she just has a boyfriend. She could definitely be spending more time with Evelina. But she's always seemed the type of person to value and cultivate romantic relationships over family relationships and friendships.

roundedflamingo
Learner
Learner

Post by roundedflamingo »

Snookerddle wrote:I'm not sure what to think of Evelina's comment. Image
Reminds me of when she posted an ad for Anna Akana.

Post by Guest »

roundedflamingo wrote:
Snookerddle wrote:I'm not sure what to think of Evelina's comment. Image
Reminds me of when she posted an ad for Anna Akana.
I was thinking the same thing!

extrasugardamn
Learner
Learner

Post by extrasugardamn »

Ha, so it's her second time using a "friend" we haven't seen her with for an ad. I wonder who's next. Does anyone know if these companies are paying her per IG likes? I can see her using and tagging her more popular friends to potentially get more revenue? I don't know how these things work, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. I just find it weird she never uses her boyfriend or like a family member? I find it quite sad when you compare it to people who post family photos, or pose surrounded by many friends and loved ones.

crlnzo
Debater
Debater

Post by crlnzo »

I like how she'llnonly address her "best friends" online is via ads not even birthdays.

Desgracia
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Desgracia »

extrasugardamn wrote:Ha, so it's her second time using a "friend" we haven't seen her with for an ad. I wonder who's next. Does anyone know if these companies are paying her per IG likes? I can see her using and tagging her more popular friends to potentially get more revenue? I don't know how these things work, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. I just find it weird she never uses her boyfriend or like a family member? I find it quite sad when you compare it to people who post family photos, or pose surrounded by many friends and loved ones.
I work for a fashion brand as an online marketing manager and we normally pay Instagrammers per post. Some Instagrammers get 10 - 12 k Euros (here in Germany) for one picture if they have a following of 1.8 million or more.

mikah_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mikah_ »

She is so embarassing. First Anna and now, as if it wasn't cringe enough, Evelina. She doesn't have many female friends left, I'm waiting for Karissa and Andrea. Or maybe Joey. Since he's "like her girlfriend", ya know :roll:

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

crlnzo wrote:I like how she'llnonly address her "best friends" online is via ads not even birthdays.
Lmao so true. Messed up.

robin21
Learner
Learner

Post by robin21 »

If I was friend of Kalel's it would hurt my feelings a little if the only time she acknowledged my existence was when she needed me for an ad.

Return to “Kalel”