Poopsie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy Luke

Post by Poopsie »

CourtneyShane wrote:
MissRachiexx wrote:I feel she looks younger maybe like 21 and acts younger..her voice annoys me lol. I think she kind of counts on Luke to support her?
Hell no. Ingrid out earns him by far. She doesn't need him to support her in any way other than encourage her behaving like a child in public.
BWAH!!!

MissRachiexx
Learner
Learner

Post by MissRachiexx »

I guess, don't really know much about what people get paid on YT. She is an ok "guru" not my most liked I'll watch her videos but I don't think she's amazing, she's just very pretty and that gets you even more subs. I feel she does act much younger then Luke, she reminds me of someone you would see in a disney movie haha.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

MissRachiexx wrote:I guess, don't really know much about what people get paid on YT. She is an ok "guru" not my most liked I'll watch her videos but I don't think she's amazing, she's just very pretty and that gets you even more subs. I feel she does act much younger then Luke, she reminds me of someone you would see in a disney movie haha.
Well they do both act younger than their ages, and she is much younger than he is as well (she turns 24 soon, and he's turning 32 soon).

Poopsie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Poopsie »

She acts like a toddler and he acts like a middle-school age boy. They are both disfunctional.

amandaleone
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by amandaleone »

orgirl89 wrote:The video where Luke gave Ingrid her xmas gifts was SO awkward. She acted scared and really shy when she kissed him on the cheek. I really don't know why Luke puts up with her immaturity.
I remember that, it was awkward. But then also if you recall when Luke was giving Ingrid her presents; and then when he was receiving his presents Luke acted just as awkward. He kept saying things like "oh thanks...do i get a hug ok nice hug" I just found it weird. Sometimes I will act like that with my boyfriend jokingly, and maybe they were too..but they also have to remember what they are doing is on camera because they are filming it. Then again I also think it is part of their act, and how they want their relationship to be perceived.

amandaleone
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by amandaleone »

kk222 wrote:
CourtneyShane wrote:
MissRachiexx wrote:I feel she looks younger maybe like 21 and acts younger..her voice annoys me lol. I think she kind of counts on Luke to support her?
Hell no. Ingrid out earns him by far. She doesn't need him to support her in any way other than encourage her behaving like a child in public.
BWAH!!!
LOL I'm dying ^-^

MissRachiexx
Learner
Learner

Post by MissRachiexx »

Why does she keep calling him Mr..so weird she is meant to be 24 and he's like 30 they should act it.

Nostalgia
Informer
Informer

Post by Nostalgia »

kk222 wrote:She acts like a toddler and he acts like a middle-school age boy. They are both disfunctional.
:love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2:

merp
Informer
Informer

Post by merp »

I think it's disturbing. She literally acts like his daughter and he loves every minute of it. And to think that they have a sexual relationship with this act....yuck

MissRachiexx
Learner
Learner

Post by MissRachiexx »

And when she says 'Mr' :S

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

Why are always together 24/7?
They must still be in that honeymoon stage where everyone is still so happy.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

I think they want everyone to think they're in the honeymoon stage still.

He was definitely getting on her nerves when they were touring together. I think I'd get sick of ANYONE if I were with them that frickin' much.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

CourtneyShane wrote:I think they want everyone to think they're in the honeymoon stage still.

He was definitely getting on her nerves when they were touring together. I think I'd get sick of ANYONE if I were with them that frickin' much.
I think the Alex guy was annoyed with them when they were on tour. Because, Luke asked him if he wanted to be in their vlog and he said no in a rude way.

I can imagine them both being really annoying with their baby talk.

PrincessBorghese
Talker
Talker

Post by PrincessBorghese »

You guys over think this shit. Let me break it down for you.

Ingrid is immature and seems very asexual. I don't think she is interested in sex.
Ingrid appeals to tweens and 13 year olds. REAL adult sex and relationships are scary to tweens. By remaining sexless, she keeps her audience.

Luke is probably gay or is just as asexual as Ingrid is. I see no sexual spark or tension in their relationship. It is all for the cameras. Hook up with the pretty YouTube girl to garner more subscribers for the shit music videos you make.

They are both strange "adults" and yes, they have a relationship, but is certainly isn't normal. They are pretty much using each other to help their YouTube "careers". HAHAHAHA!!

WoofWoof
Learner
Learner

Post by WoofWoof »

PrincessBorghese wrote:You guys over think this shit. Let me break it down for you.

Ingrid is immature and seems very asexual. I don't think she is interested in sex.
Ingrid appeals to tweens and 13 year olds. REAL adult sex and relationships are scary to tweens. By remaining sexless, she keeps her audience.

Luke is probably gay or is just as asexual as Ingrid is. I see no sexual spark or tension in their relationship. It is all for the cameras. Hook up with the pretty YouTube girl to garner more subscribers for the shit music videos you make.

They are both strange "adults" and yes, they have a relationship, but is certainly isn't normal. They are pretty much using each other to help their YouTube "careers". HAHAHAHA!!
Yup, that sums it up pretty well.

kat93
Learner
Learner

Post by kat93 »

Making the argument that their relationship is all for the cameras invalidates all the claims made about the state of their relationship.

Like, if it is agreed that their relationship is entirely for the camera, they're just doing it to raise awareness for the other's channels, and they put on this act for their channels, then...
how do we know what their ACTUAL relationship is like? It could be completely different than what they put on- more mature, more balanced, nonexistent- we don't know.

Alternatively, it is agreed that what we see on camera is their real relationship...then,
how do we know it's NOT a show for the camera, that in actuality it is something really different...

Both arguments can't be used, because they invalidate the other. And frankly we don't know the state of their relationship, all we have are a few minutes of video from one small portion of their life.

WoofWoof
Learner
Learner

Post by WoofWoof »

Okay, why are you in this section of the forum if you clearly like Ingrid. None of this "I just wanna read other people's opinions!"

No. You don't. You want to read them, dissect them, and tell us that we're wrong. Go to the rave section if you want to wax on about how wonderful Ingrid is. This is not the place to do it.

kat93
Learner
Learner

Post by kat93 »

Excuse me, where in my comment did I say OMG I LUV INGRID AND LUKE SOOO MUCH I THINK THEY ARE THE CUTEST COUPLE EVAAAA.

I was pointing out an inconsistency in the arguments: we can't claim that their relationship on camera is a fake, then also make assumptions about what their real relationship is like- if they aren't showing us their "real" relationship on camera, which is the only evidence of their relationship we have to go on, then we can't make judgments on the status of their "real" relationship... do you see what I'm saying? We either have to say yes, what we're seeing on camera is real, and their relationship is troubling, or no, their entire relationship is an act, so any complaints/judgments we make about it are kind of useless because it's not real.

I didn't say what you guys are saying about their relationship is wrong, I happen to agree that the power dynamic in their relationships is troubling... I'm merely saying the two arguments cancel each other out....

PrincessBorghese
Talker
Talker

Post by PrincessBorghese »

kat93
Learner
Learner

Post by kat93 »

Wow, okay, we can get rude and obscene, that's cool, sorry for trying to make a rational argument here, guess that doesn't fit in with everything else on this site very well.

Return to ā€œLuke Conardā€