lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Computer help?

Post by lauralovescats09 »

Hi!
So I'm a graphic design student and I need a new computer for this year. I really wanna stick with a pc instead of trying to learn Mac since I've always used pc. I really need something that can easily run things like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, things like that. Since I'm getting a new computer anyways I also want something that will be good for playing the Sims 4. I have really been wanting to play it but my current PC is just too old and can't support the graphics. Does anyone know if either of these two are good for what I'm looking for? I don't know much about the processors or gigahertz etc. thanks!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-deskto ... 9601639284

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-des ... Id=8584021

pms_with_gps
Learner
Learner

Re: Computer help?

Post by pms_with_gps »

Asus definitely... The HP one is also not bad but I had horrible experiences with HP products so I suggest Asus as well

mrpank
Talker
Talker

Post by mrpank »

The i7 processor is a lot better than the i5. I'm not even sure if the sims 4 runs well on an i5, I would definitely google that before purchasing a computer with an i5 processor. You'll also need a good graphics card for running games. I wouldn't worry about the ram, like if it says 8gb ddr3 ram, you can easily upgrade it to 16gb. Similar with the hard drive. After the processor you'll want to make sure you get one with a good graphics card, especially if you're into games. Some companies use crappy graphics cards in their laptops, not sure about desktops. You can google the graphics cards and see youtube reviews of the different ones.

I also would not buy from Best Buy. If there's any issues they're terrible to deal with. I think Tigerdirect.com or newegg.com are a lot better to purchase computers, monitors, etc. If you haven't heard of them you can google both to see they're very reputable companies. You can get something easily for I think 600-800 to accommodate your needs. You don't need to spend more than 1k.

I hope that kind of helps.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

Thanks everyone for the input! I decided to go with the Asus but unfortunately it's sold out online.. Anyone know how long it may take to be in stock again? It's taken me so long to save up for it I'd hate for it to be gone forever.

Return to “Technology”