vietnamese
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post by vietnamese »

Fadia Fiji wrote:RIGHT?!
I don't really follow her or watched any of the movies she was aside from the hunger games which IMO, she suck at.
She had one expression through-out the movie and I got bored of it very quickly...

It's a serious expression for a serious movie. She smiles at times, but most of it is pretty fucking depressing. Why should her character be obligated to emote in those circumstances?

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

I agree with vietnamese. The movie is fucking depressing. There's no reason for her to smile in The Hunger Games.

OhOhSheeiila
Learner
Learner

Post by OhOhSheeiila »

I think she is a GREAT actress and I really enjoy watching her movies and look forward to her future work.
I love her sarcasm. The post Oscar interview conference was hilarious!!!!!

However, the whole "I’m considered a fat actress. I eat french fries. I eat like a caveman." thing is getting old on me. I appreciate she's trying to send out a positive body image...but she's not fat, AT ALL. Not even to Hollywood's standard. I could understand someone like Mindy Kaling saying that (she's an average, healthy woman but by Hollywood's stupid standards would be considered a bit chunky) but not her. She got asked to lose weight to play Katniss because the characters were starving, always looking for their next meal....it's wasn't a jab at her weight just a request to be more like the character (ex. Tom Hanks losing weight for his role in Cast Away so it would be realistic). Katniss hunted meals for her family or for money, not herself, she was usually hungry but was so selfless that she'd give food to her family first. A girl like that isn't going to be fit and filled, don't murder the production team for asking you to lose weight to fit the role.

Otherwise, she is an amazing talent! And the fact that she's so humble about it all is amazing for her age. Hopefully the whole "I'm fat" deal will eventually fade away.

This is her at the Oscar's. FAT?! OBESE?! Don't think so... (I took out the fluffy-ness of the dress on the right to see her figure better)

losiento
Informer
Informer

Post by losiento »

i love her. she is really hilarious. and she was so great in Silver linings playbook. but ughhhhhh she looks soo strong and big/tall to be Katniss. And she makes Peeta(Josh) look like her little brother...lol. I actually cringed so hard at their cave scenes..omg...
there are a lot of references about Katniss climbing trees very high. and she(katniss) keeps saying it's because she herslef is small. the time when she climbed all the way to the top to avoid Cato clans or when the fence's become alive with electricity so she had to go over it etc. ,.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

The character of Katniss is very INTJ-like, and INTJ's tend to be quite expressionless. The inner MBTI-geek in me thought she was spot on with both Katniss's persona as well as the match up to personality. I know it's just a film, but I like it when that happens.

Anyone who doesn't like her acting, I direct you to Silver Linings Playbook and Winter's Bone.

And I'd much rather her "annoying" quirk, which everyone has tbh, to be speaking about food she eats too much than going out partying all the time or speaking about the *lack* of food she eats. Honestly, people will complain about the silliest things. The only reason you're getting annoyed is because it's so intensified on Tumblr - and as I said, that is a problem with the idiots on Tumblr ruining everything rather than a problem with what they ruined.

E.g: I was going to watch Sherlock, but Tumblr is putting me off even starting it. :roll: Does that make it a bad show? Hell no.

Also - The reason she gets angry about her weight is fuck all to do with the producers of THG, it is because - and I know because I have watched instances of this happening - she literally gets asked about her weight without having it linked to her roles in interviews.

Head on over to Skinny Gossip and look for her section if you don't believe that people think she's fat. And those are normal everyday strangers like you and me, not Hollywood professionals. I agree that she sure as hell isn't fat, and that's precisely why it's shocking that she gets plagued as though she is.

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

Like, I said, I only watched THG, and none of her other movies.
I haven't read THG books, nor do I know much about it. I only watched the movie because it was recommended to me by a friend.
I wasn't impressed with her acting at all, it was one expression through-out the whole movie which put me off completely. Yes, I know it's a serious, depressing movie but I feel she could have done much more with the character.
My brother and sister who watched the movie also felt the same.

Again, just my opinion.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

HattieChaos wrote:The character of Katniss is very INTJ-like, and INTJ's tend to be quite expressionless. The inner MBTI-geek in me thought she was spot on with both Katniss's persona as well as the match up to personality. I know it's just a film, but I like it when that happens.

Anyone who doesn't like her acting, I direct you to Silver Linings Playbook and Winter's Bone.

And I'd much rather her "annoying" quirk, which everyone has tbh, to be speaking about food she eats too much than going out partying all the time or speaking about the *lack* of food she eats. Honestly, people will complain about the silliest things. The only reason you're getting annoyed is because it's so intensified on Tumblr - and as I said, that is a problem with the idiots on Tumblr ruining everything rather than a problem with what they ruined.

E.g: I was going to watch Sherlock, but Tumblr is putting me off even starting it. :roll: Does that make it a bad show? Hell no.

Also - The reason she gets angry about her weight is fuck all to do with the producers of THG, it is because - and I know because I have watched instances of this happening - she literally gets asked about her weight without having it linked to her roles in interviews.

Head on over to Skinny Gossip and look for her section if you don't believe that people think she's fat. And those are normal everyday strangers like you and me, not Hollywood professionals. I agree that she sure as hell isn't fat, and that's precisely why it's shocking that she gets plagued as though she is.
I'm sorry, I know you really like Jennifer Lawrence and I don't want to sound rude, because you seem nice and I definitely DON'T want to start a fight, but is anyone going to be allowed to say anything negative about her without you saying something? It just seems that way from what I read. Not everyone's going to like her. I understand you enjoy her work and you enjoy her personality, but not everyone does. You don't have to constantly defend her. Again, not trying to be rude, just talking from what I saw. This is an open forum for opinions, not JUST a "Rave about Jennifer Lawrence" thread.

FaeSolo
Learner
Learner

Post by FaeSolo »

I cannot stand her, to be honest :/. I don't think she's very talented. I also don't understand the comparisons to Emma Watson. Emma is significantly better. I just... There's something about Jennifer I don't like.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

TaylorKnows wrote:
HattieChaos wrote:The character of Katniss is very INTJ-like, and INTJ's tend to be quite expressionless. The inner MBTI-geek in me thought she was spot on with both Katniss's persona as well as the match up to personality. I know it's just a film, but I like it when that happens.

I'm sorry, I know you really like Jennifer Lawrence and I don't want to sound rude, because you seem nice and I definitely DON'T want to start a fight, but is anyone going to be allowed to say anything negative about her without you saying something? It just seems that way from what I read. Not everyone's going to like her. I understand you enjoy her work and you enjoy her personality, but not everyone does. You don't have to constantly defend her. Again, not trying to be rude, just talking from what I saw. This is an open forum for opinions, not JUST a "Rave about Jennifer Lawrence" thread.
Can't I respond with what I think, though? Just as much as people can say bad things about her, people can agree or disagree with those bad things - as well as the good, that's what a discussion is. A big problem with this forum is that people can trashtalk others as much as they like and nothing will be said, but on the off chance that another person repeatedly defends them or just simply responds to the negative points, they're shot down. Of course you can all have your opinion, and just as you can disagree with and respond to mine, I can do so to yours - whether I'm being positive or not. I bet if I was responding to a positive post about someone with a post that just repeatedly shot them down, you'd be completely fine and wouldn't say anything.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

I do not mean to be rude, I respect your opinion. There have been several threads where I do not agree with what is being said, but unless I really find something wrong with what someone says, I do not respond each time. But hey, it's your opinion, your choice. Sorry for any hard feelings.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

HattieChaos wrote: Can't I respond with what I think, though? Just as much as people can say bad things about her, people can agree or disagree with those bad things - as well as the good, that's what a discussion is. A big problem with this forum is that people can trashtalk others as much as they like and nothing will be said, but on the off chance that another person repeatedly defends them or just simply responds to the negative points, they're shot down.
^agreed. Also, I thought you made good points about Jennifer Lawrence. Everyone should be able to have their say without being bothered that others repeatedly disagree with them. If we all agreed on everything, it'd be boring as hell.

Also, that wasn't directed at you , TaylorKnows. I'm just saying it in general.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

TaylorKnows wrote:I do not mean to be rude, I respect your opinion. There have been several threads where I do not agree with what is being said, but unless I really find something wrong with what someone says, I do not respond each time. But hey, it's your opinion, your choice. Sorry for any hard feelings.
It's okay, I get what you mean and all, just I think it's okay to have people come back and respond to stuff - that's what you're doing now, and that's fine too. Sorry if my defending her seemed excessive or anything.

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

hipteenevie wrote:

read this
Eh, if everyone were to be criticized for every single word out of their mouth, I don't think anyone would have positive things said. Of course they are going to take things that can be twisted....

Fadia Fiji wrote:
fauxfox wrote:I don't really like her acting - something about her face is so expressionless on film, even in emotional scenes.
RIGHT?!
I don't really follow her or watched any of the movies she was aside from the hunger games which IMO, she suck at.
She had one expression through-out the movie and I got bored of it very quickly...

I understand it may seen like she was emotionless but that's how the character is.... I think she did a phenomenal job of playing a teenage girl who lost her father and stepped up to play his role. Then, was thrown into a world wide event where you're supposed to kill 24 other teenagers, some being 12. I wouldn't have much if I was put in that situation either. Obviously she did something right.

Erythorbate

Post by Erythorbate »

Meh, she's okay. I'm a big fan of The Hunger Games, and think she did an okay job at portraying Katniss. She is very overrated though, and I can't help but find the find the "I'm so awkward haha food I love food haha!! Food burgers did I mention how awkward I am?! I am so quirky haha and awkward!!" too much.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

The whole awkwardness and I love food/I'm fat thing IS annoying. I wouldn't care if it was every now and then but literally every time she speaks its brought up, she clearly plays it up to create that image of her to other people. It's really fucking annoying when people say celebrities are 'just like us' because they do something as simple as EATING FOOD.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

BrunetteBarbie wrote:The whole awkwardness and I love food/I'm fat thing IS annoying. I wouldn't care if it was every now and then but literally every time she speaks its brought up, she clearly plays it up to create that image of her to other people. It's really fucking annoying when people say celebrities are 'just like us' because they do something as simple as EATING FOOD.
agreed completely. shes a good actress but she makes every interview about how shes just like the rest of humanity.

TallButShort

Post by TallButShort »

Can anyone give any other criticism besides food..... I sometimes hear her mention it, but it doesn't dominate the conversation.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

TallButShort wrote:Can anyone give any other criticism besides food..... I sometimes hear her mention it, but it doesn't dominate the conversation.
No because that's really the only thing that annoys me about her, other than that she's just an actress I don't really care about. If she's mentioning it enough that people are noticing it and associating with her then yeah she's doing it too much.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I'm really curious to know how tall is she, in some websites it says that she's 5'7 but she said in an interview that she's 5'9

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Hmm I suppose I'd rather go with the height she says she is. Websites get it wrong all the time. She does seem rather tall, from photos and her roles in films up against other actors. Poor Josh Hutcherson. :P

Return to “Celebrity”