• Advertisement

Annoying things people on GG do

Re: Annoying things people on GG do

Postby blockah » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:16 am

I think the problem i have is the complete lack of self awareness. I've noticed this mostly in the trisha paytas thread. Some of you are following her every move just so you can trash her. You're just as obsessed as the stan is. It's pretty much bullying, indirectly. LIterally hours out of your day following someone you hate.
blockah
Informer
Informer

Advertisement

Postby Dirtylittle_secret » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:44 am

As like a few other people in this thread, I find it so annoying when people compare their lives to you tubers. People do it in the piinksparkles thread all the time. Like great, you're a military wife and do all these amazing things while your home all day. I don't go on the thread to read about your life.
You overdid it doll
Dirtylittle_secret
Debater
Debater

Postby xfashiondollx » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Dirtylittle_secret wrote:As like a few other people in this thread, I find it so annoying when people compare their lives to you tubers. People do it in the piinksparkles thread all the time. Like great, you're a military wife and do all these amazing things while your home all day. I don't go on the thread to read about your life.

They always do this in MarissaLace's thread. Granted the bitch is lazy and does nothing but sit in her apartment all day but damn. Like good for you. Want a trophy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xfashiondollx
Learner
Learner

Postby Alka » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:02 am

I don't like how people de-humanise 'gurus'. For example, a day after Paris terrorist attacks people debated about what would happen to the guru and her boyfriend who lives in Paris if they were in the attack, what would she do if he was killed. That's very insensitive thing to say, especially the day after the attack :FU:
Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Lana92 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:20 am

Just like everyone else, criticising them for the smallest thing if they don't like them, it's cringey to read
Lana92
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby kathryn9 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:43 am

Agree with the posts here, so many need to take a step back, it's not that serious
kathryn9
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby pwomp » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:22 am

When people post something not negative on a thread (it's usually something pretty neutral) and someone comes along, overreacts, and rips them a new one. Like, why are you so angry? Who hurt you so badly that you feel the need to be so aggressively negative? Take a deep breath and go for a walk or read a book. It's a website, it's not that important.

I also really hate it when people hate on a youtuber for something they can't control (a disability, speech impediment, accent, etc.). It's not fun or funny.
pwomp
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby xyz » Thu May 26, 2016 4:53 pm

What gets me these days is how ppl don't even come to gg to criticize a ytrs content (no matter the sm platform) anymore...

More and more o lug n LP i threads are turning into regular posters going to ytrs SM to start something with them or the minions and then report back (usually with screenshots) so that the other regular expression posters can go and jump in on the bashing...there are little posts that revolve around critiquing/opinions about vid content, contradictions on twitter, sc garbage etc..

Threads where regular users are bad for this are kailyn, Trisha, Kristen gehm, Jaclyn hill and prolly others

Also another thing I can't stand is when you don't frequent a thread, don't have time to post right as a vid goes up or w/e, and just wanna post your opinion or critique and 900 ppl are like "we talked about that on the last 20 pages when the vid was uploaded like 10 mins ago we are now talking about something else... STAY ON TOPIC !!!!!!111!"

OR you post something and there is at least 1 passive aggressive person that is like "we don't care that you think....whatever your opinion is"

AND I agree with everyone who has touched on the topic of tattletales who when 2 ppl debate on something related to the ytr...they start screaming about fighting and instantly send reports & dm to mods...instead of allowing a relevant debate happen & expire on its own like adults..

Last thing, there is a very childish high school vibe to a lot of this site...which sucks, there is not a lot of mature discussion and its definitely not like the old site used to be, which I what I think deters a lot of ppl from joining or posting good constructive criticisms and forming entertaining discussions
http://media.giphy.com/media/UxwLdIgt7rjQA/giphy.gif (*EDITED DUE TO SIZE RESTRICTIONS*)
xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby buttercup35 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Suck ups on the JackSepticEye thread. Jack posts in there, for the sole purpose of talking to people, but any time I've given actual constructive criticism of his content/behavior/etc., a bunch of people jump on me for it. That doesn't stop me from speaking up, I just wish they'd quit sucking up to Jack and flaming because they think Jack is their special snowflake.
You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop, and what you reinforce.
buttercup35
Informer
Informer

Postby tuesdaymg » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:13 am

I don't know if anyone has said this but I find it annoying when the topic is about one Guru and the whole topic just some how ends up bitching about a different person. E.g. A Tanya Burr post ending up completely focussed on zoella
tuesdaymg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby tuesdaymg » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:15 am

Puu wrote:I don't know if this was posted, but I just wanted to start it because I see a lot of annoying things people say here on GG.
-Saying bad things and calling it constructive criticism, go to Xiaxue's thread and you'll see (there are plenty of examples).
- "If you don't like to the trash section, go to the rave section instead". Everyone is allowed to comment wherever they want, how about if you don't like the comment you skip it?
- "No one is forcing them to come to GG and read these threads about themselves, so we're not obliged to write nice things about them". There was something like it in Shane Dawson's thread and it's just dumb to think like that, who would like to read nasty comments about themselves?

I can't think of anything else right now, but some people are really obsessed here, it's crazy.

Also, when people are clearly massive fans and only come here to be horrible about said guru because of blatant jealousy
tuesdaymg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby moonlightpixie » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:28 am

White knighters need to have their accounts deleted. This is gg not your average gossip site.
moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby celebrityhoe » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:37 am

rumors
celebrityhoe
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby Kale Contour » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:46 am

When people come through with "But she's got money, so why can't she get her skin / teeth / fatness fixed"!

As someone who's had bad skin for most of my life, it grates me that people think one dermatologist appointment will take you from chronic problems to flawless skin. Skin is so hard to get right for some people, especially if you have hormone or allergy issues which it could take years to fix. "Just get a peel bitch" is not even valid trash talk to me!

Same thing with being overweight: "can't she just get a trainer / food delivery service" like ok I know you're trashing them, but you still sound so ignorant. Weight and body shape is a reflection of a thousand different factors and it's not something you can just throw money at and fix.

Fixing skin, weight, whatever is not the equivalent of "stop wearing flare pants! Get a better weave!"

Yes you can still talk about it because that's the joy of GG, and I'll never go in a trash thread trying to school people on this. Just ugh. I quietly hate it.
Kale Contour
Debater
Debater

Postby xxnjlove » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:21 am

i hate so much when a youtuber throws out that they have anxiety and then every one on the board starts with "i have depression,anxiety,...etc she doesnt have it." i even saw one that says she has schizophrenia.. like come on now. everyone is different and some have mental issues more severe than the next. you cannot think because you have it that someone else doesnt. *side note i know that alot of people ingeneral throw the word anxiety out like candy but still..*
xxnjlove
Talker
Talker

Postby soycapwithone » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:35 pm

- When people criticise over ridiculous things. I saw on another thread someone criticised a blogger because they blinked too much. Like what? Excessively critising is as bad as blindly stanning someone. I'm all for constructive criticism - just don't be a dick.

- When people go on and on about how YT isn't hard. I'm sure it's not the hardest job and I do think some bloggers are lazy, but I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be. It seems a very lonely and appearance focused job that requires you to look at a screen all the time and worry about what people think of you. Yeah there's perks and $$$ if you make it big, but it seems to screw a lot of people over.

-
soycapwithone
Learner
Learner

Postby vikez » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am

The racism of some users...because honestly, this forum changed and in a bad direction.If previously I loved to read here even if I'm not the most active user this trend that your opinions are less because of your skin color really rubs me the wrong way. Also, the comments on youtubers' skin color is at least very bad taste.
No one can change their skin color, not the users, not the youtubers :tu:
vikez
Learner
Learner

Postby Kale Contour » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:38 am

vikez wrote:The racism of some users...because honestly, this forum changed and in a bad direction.If previously I loved to read here even if I'm not the most active user this trend that your opinions are less because of your skin color really rubs me the wrong way. Also, the comments on youtubers' skin color is at least very bad taste.
No one can change their skin color, not the users, not the youtubers :tu:

This is definitely an issue!! When mostly white users constantly post about a black guru, commenting on her hair, and how she looks "dirty" or that she's "not black enough" because she wears weaves... PROBLEMATIC
Kale Contour
Debater
Debater

Postby idontknow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:15 pm

People who feel the need to explain why they've been absent from posting. Especially when they say nothing to contribute to the discussion.

"Sorry I've been gone, I've just been super busy with xyz!"
No offense, but I didn't notice you were gone, and I also don't really care.
idontknow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby RestingBitch » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:47 pm

Enjoy the bitching but the second they see something about themselves make videos or blog posts acting like GG is the worst thing in the world.
RestingBitch
Talker
Talker

Postby moonlightpixie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Hate it when ggers talk about their lives constantly. I get it when you want to make a point and you talk about your life but some people take it to the extreme and they always talk about themselves. Guess what! Nobody fucking cares
moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Postby Kale Contour » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:53 am

I know I've already posted in here lol - but I have new pet peeves!

This "I know Guru reads here so I'm gonna give them super real life advice" thing!!

This is so confusing, even if they were reading, obviously they wouldn't take advice from someone spending their time obsessing over people they don't even like and then fancying themselves Dr Phil on a trash thread???

That, and people who can't take a JOKE on a thread... Like they only want to talk about guru's taxes and rehash their last breakup /why they don't talk to randomchick anymore. And if you say "her brows are busted" then five people are like "Um, excuse me I'm related to Frida Kahlo and as an eyebrow cancer survivor I don't think you should make fun of people with eyebrows "

Yeah trash talk is supposed to be fun, but it's like some threads get a cash bonus for being boring.
Kale Contour
Debater
Debater

Postby Gingerbint » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:53 am

:rofl: eyebrow cancer survivor :rofl: I fully agree with everything, nastiness for the sake of it is just a bit ridiculous. They're getting too worked up about someone they hate. Have a moan and move on
Gingerbint
Wallflower
Wallflower

Postby God » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 am

- when people come to trash threads to white knight and correct other people.

- when people talk about their health problems and compare themselves to gurus

- when people say how much they work and compare themselves to the guru. i know honey, we all have normal jobs, others have 2-3 jobs in the same time and studies… i know life is hard and stressful for most of us, that’s why famous people should appreciate what they have, but that doesn’t mean you have to remind everyone every 5 seconds

- if i say something positive about a guru it doesn’t mean i like them, they’re still a shitty person.
God
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Christyyy23 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:32 am

Some people really reach and exaggerate over stupid shit lol
Christyyy23
Lurker
Lurker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Guru Gossip Discussion