• Advertisement

Moderator (Mis)Conduct

Moderator (Mis)Conduct

Postby Chunky_Cocoa » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:55 am

Before I go into this, please keep in mind that I am by no means an overly-sensitive person, and the comment in the attachment on this post in no way pertained to me nor was it directed towards me in any way.

In all my days lurking on GG and being a somewhat-active member, this is one of the kuntiest things I've ever read on this site. And it's from "Super Moddie" ColdHeartedBitch, who proves herself to be just that.

I understand the frustration that comes from people not following rules; I have seen forum threads (not necessarily GG, but in general) be completely derailed and go into chaos over petty squables, people who take the scenic route to get to their point, OT inanities, and straight-up ridiculousness to the point where I avoided that threat completely. And I can completely understand the frustration and perceived waste of time it would be to delete comments, slam banhammers, and tell people repeatedly to do or not do the basic shit that is expected of them.

But nothing makes me want to avoid a thread (nay, a forum) more than the people in charge of a forum's function openly showing disdain and vitriolic sarcasm to the users whose content they moderate! "...nobody cares about your lives...?" REALLY? I'm sure CHB is purely looking out for the enjoyment of those who follow GG rules, but there's methods of explaining to habitual rule-breakers that they're being toxic without being...idk, toxic yourself? Without being a [email protected]? Without being a, idk, ColdHeartedBitch about it?

If I'm about to get reprimanded, idc. If I'm about to get the BanHammer, let it happen. Idc. I just had to let anyone who reads this know that if users of GG aren't allowed to be [email protected] to each other, moderators shouldn't be [email protected] either.

*mic drop*
You must register and have 2 approved posts to view the files attached to this post
Chunky_Cocoa
Learner
Learner

Advertisement

Re: Moderator (Mis)Conduct

Postby IckleMissMayhem » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Nice knowing you Chunky_Cocoa :respekt:
IckleMissMayhem
Talker
Talker

Postby kylizzle » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:58 am

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Nice knowing you Chunky_Cocoa :respekt:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Postby Kaitlin226 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:31 am

I have been chastised by her before for what I didn't think was off topic or about MY life. I'm guessing she was fed up and my post seemed to be the one that sent her over the edge. I do believe she could be a little more tactful, maybe count to 60 before making any moderating remarks. I do not envy her job as a moderator. With that being said, it seems like she has been MIA for a while, so she probably won't be able to defend herself here quickly. I do hope she is well and that she will address your concern when she's back up and running.
Kaitlin226
Learner
Learner

Postby Basista182 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Prepare to be banned.... She harassed and stalked me and then banned me for two weeks for no reason. All while bipolarmorgan supports her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basista182
Debater
Debater

Postby bipolarmorgan » Fri May 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Hmm.. As this is old, I will only address it if you would like me to. :roll:
bipolarmorgan
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

• Advertisement

Return to Guru Gossip Discussion