CloudyApples

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CloudyApples

Post by meowlizzz »

I hate Gloom too, but I have to disagree.

I'm pretty sure that was just a coping mechanism. (For example, I hate crying when I know people will see me. I've kind of chuckled at myself too just so that I won't cry harder or to make people uncomfortable with my tears, and) I would definitely laugh at myself if my voice cracked. She was probably trying to hold back her tears because it's supposed to be a fun and funny channel. Idk. She lost her sister, and it was a huge deal for her (as it would be with anyone who has lost a family member to depression/suicide). It seems that she hasn't tried to talk much about her sister, otherwise she may have been better at composing herself. (My mom lost her sister to suicide and she never properly grieved her, I think, so if I ever ask about her she either breaks down or acts very weird.) Each person is different. It is a shame that she didn't try to compose herself, because it does look bad that she's laughing. Some people might take that the wrong way, or perceive it as a lack of empathy, which is obviously not the case.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I agree I don't think she's intentionally cruel - and I also agree I think laughing is her coping mechanism - isn't that something she's said at some point? That her depression got really intense after her sister passed away, and Terry being funny and making her laugh was a huge part of coming back to life for her, something roughly along those lines?

However I do think that it all looks a bit awkward, and I think it would do her well to stick to what she is comfortable with - if she has trouble reacting to others' sad stories without trying to suppress her own sadness so intensely, perhaps she can turn that around and ask people to send her the best things in their lives or their best memories or their dreams and hopes? Bonding through positivity can be just as strong as bonding through trauma and sadness.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Her last video was in February 2016... it's been well over a year - and the comment section for that video ("You look prettier without makeup.") is filled with comments from subs who feel a bit snubbed for her just leaving and not even taking the time to either say bye or quickly say hi.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

I like her hair in her latest gloomgames video "IS SHE EVEN REAL?! - Real or Fake" though, that's the way it should always be. Ironically that's probably similar to her natural dark colour ... but I'm not sure, the structure also definitely doesn't look completely natural. I really like her top there too and her manner in the video, though as usual for that channel the content is shit. I tried to encourage her to become a bit more scientific and rigorous in for example her skincare tipes as she got older, and she could have been so, so good if she went that route, and her channel could have evolved to something noone else could do.

I think what I hate most apart from the abandoning of the old channel is the change of personality. She went from being this serious, thoughtful, clever girl to... whatever gloomgames is. Other youtubers don't have that drastic change of personality between their channels. And she doesn't care at all about the half a million people she just left hanging. She doesn't care about her fans or anything except views now and I wonder if she EVER cared about anything except promoting herself. She definitely doesn't care about the sad story of her fan when she couldn't stop laughing in the video above.

tabbithak
Talker
Talker

Post by tabbithak »

What happened to her? Last I heard she was living it in LA and making it big with Tobuscus.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

tabbithak wrote:What happened to her? Last I heard she was living it in LA and making it big with Tobuscus.
I think she moved out of Tobuscus' house. GloomGames seems to be growing slowly but steadily. I think she's still in LA and travels back to Canada every now and then. She still hasn't done anything in the direction of CloudyApples in over a year. So pretty much same old, same old.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

She's basically exhumed an old CloudyApples video she did with her sister for a "reaction" video on her new channel, better than nothing I guess. Not sure if it's worth posting, but maybe for nostalgia purposes or morbid curiosity:

[youtube][/youtube]

It annoys me how she starts with that she'll "guarantee" noone watching has ever seen it before, like how could she gaurantee that? It's as if she's intentionally trying to shit on her old fans at this stage. Is it that strange to think the half a million people might check to see if she was posting the old type of content on the new channel? It's only been one year and a few months, it's not like we're all dead but I guess to her we are. I think this girl thinks in 1,000s now, she doesn't care about 500 people. You can even see on her old comments in the video how incredibly nice she used to be to fans, when the more I am on youtube the more I'm starting to believe this is just a kind of "fan formula". Who knows if she ever cared about anyone but herself.

It was a really early video and I hadn't been around at that time (also it's very good). She also says she was "pretty sure" none of us had ever seen her sister, when she clearly showed her sister in Healthier Hair Routine: Ombré + Hair Care, which tens or hundreds of thousands of people saw, and that was like 2014 maybe. What's the big dichotomy anyway? It's not like there's some law against putting health or skincare or diet videos and vacation videos and vlogs etc. on her main new channel if she wanted to do that or even making GloomLife or something like that. Cynically I think that because of the algorithm shift and her growth slowing, she might start to do something like that now for more views. But who knows, I think she's cornering the 8-12 year old girl market pretty well.

At least she says it meant something to her and gave links for people to look at of the videos she thought were good to help some of them.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

Also it's NOT* very good.... I meant to say not very good, can't edit the post.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I was watching a random other lifestyle YouTuber yesterday and just suddenly thought of CloudyApples and figured I would look to see if anything had been uploaded... when I saw it hadn't been (surprise!) I figured I'd click on Gloom and just watch her latest video. Lucky strike I guess, otherwise as a CloudyApples viewer I would have never known she'd already said "goodbye" to us - on Gloom. Bit sleazy to be honest... if you're going to spend 5 out of those 10 minutes talking about why you're not uploading on CloudyApples anymore, and saying goodbye to the channel basically, why not upload it where the actual fans will see it? Apart from just getting sympathy from your Gloom viewers for it. As if her CloudyApples fans would say anything but "thank you". I also found it a little bit offensive that she said she didn't think her CloudyApples audience actually cared about her - that was either a really insincere remark to get sympathy, or it's REALLY misguided. Kassie, you uploaded videos on that channel about depression, the loss of your sister, and improving your life - why would people NOT care about how you're doing. Seriously. How can you be THAT ignorant? Clearly it's HER who doesn't care, to be honest... people on CloudyApples have been begging for a goodbye for a year and four months now. How does that translate to them not caring where she's gone.

I also got a vibe off what she was saying that basically the reason she doesn't upload anymore is because she's putting too much pressure on herself for CloudyApples, which I think she's mentioned before. She's extremely proud of the videos she's left up (bit confusing to see how many privated videos she has on there?) and she holds CloudyApples to a standard and somehow tells herself not to upload there unless she can meet that standard again. That's a sure fire way to shoot yourself in the foot.

What about her "talking about life over pho" video - that wasn't some higher artistic accomplishment, but it was still an amazing video, and a nice way to catch up with her viewers. Not to mention she clearly stated in that video how close she feels to her CloudyApples audience - was that just bullshit?

Like again, to be clear, she doesn't OWE anyone anything. However it would be common courtesy to say something, anything, to the people who launched your initial YouTube career and gave you the views and confidence to start Gloom and supported you when you uploaded once a month sometimes because they believed in your quality as a creator. It's the polite thing to do... it shows you cared. And to be honest the pressure she puts on herself for CloudyApples videos having to be 'perfect' and telling herself people 'aren't interested in how she's doing' are all self-inflicted. Nobody told her that, in fact she's been told the contrary on both many times. Maybe it's part of her anxiety or her depression, which I do believe she suffers from, but part of dealing with that is learning to tell the difference between what's real and what you are just perpetuating to stay in your comfort zone. And I think she's just thinking those things because it's comfortable. But hey. Who am I.

mononoke1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mononoke1 »

Hi @RaniaIsAwesome I know I'm a stranger, but can I ask you something?
You mentioned in a youtube comment that you still have some of her old videos ...so is there any chance you can send them to me? especially the ones with her sister. please I promise I will not publish them or anything. and you also said that youtube filter is ghosting an info you said about her sister what was it? thanx

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

Thanks for sharing that, guys. I'm not subscribed to Gloom and I don't follow the Gloom thread, so I would have never known she'd uploaded that. It was a nice video and I'm glad she shared that memory of her sister, but I'm still a little bitter over how she left CloudyApples. You guys basically voiced my sentiments. I even wish she would do a side channel where every now and then she could upload videos that are not about gaming, but also not always as serious as CloudyApples so that she doesn't feel like they have to be top quality or whatever. I really miss Kassie and this video was just a sad reminder of a Youtuber I once looked up to who is no longer here. All we have is Gloom. It's like a whole other persona.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

DaylightAmy wrote:Lucky strike I guess, otherwise as a CloudyApples viewer I would have never known she'd already said "goodbye" to us - on Gloom. Bit sleazy to be honest... if you're going to spend 5 out of those 10 minutes talking about why you're not uploading on CloudyApples anymore, and saying goodbye to the channel basically, why not upload it where the actual fans will see it?
I have gloomgames subscribed but almost never watch it. Really occasionally it can be good just because her actual adult personality comes out a bit, I don't care about almost any of those games though, I'm quite a bit out of her demographic. If she played Overwatch more or something at least she could be her true self more and I think that would be more healthy.
DaylightAmy wrote:Apart from just getting sympathy from your Gloom viewers for it. As if her CloudyApples fans would say anything but "thank you". I also found it a little bit offensive that she said she didn't think her CloudyApples audience actually cared about her - that was either a really insincere remark to get sympathy, or it's REALLY misguided. Kassie, you uploaded videos on that channel about depression, the loss of your sister, and improving your life - why would people NOT care about how you're doing. Seriously. How can you be THAT ignorant? Clearly it's HER who doesn't care, to be honest... people on CloudyApples have been begging for a goodbye for a year and four months now. How does that translate to them not caring where she's gone.
Imagine the reaction if she asked her Instagram followers alone if they wanted to hear how she was doing, and how can she ask that statement. Really quite offensive like you say. Also, why is she cringing? It's as if she's going by some youtube rulebook cheatsheet - must cringe while looking at old videos. But isn't her sister the one providing most of the content as she says in the video? And isn't her sister supposedly 10 times funnier than her? (using another rule to have as much false modesty as possible). Her youtube rulebook arithmetic could use some work. She also gives negative comments to herself about how lame and slow she was to get to the point back then... but at least that girl back then was trying to do something and making good points even if some of them were obvious and at least she showed up. I much prefer the girl back then.
DaylightAmy wrote: What about her "talking about life over pho" video - that wasn't some higher artistic accomplishment, but it was still an amazing video, and a nice way to catch up with her viewers. Not to mention she clearly stated in that video how close she feels to her CloudyApples audience - was that just bullshit?
A long talk about everything should be her first video back. About what she's learned, what she's been doing when not on gloomgames. Explaining why she's been away and her feelings. I'm not sure if I can take her as seriously as I used to because she seems such a stranger now but it would be something.
DaylightAmy wrote:Like again, to be clear, she doesn't OWE anyone anything. However it would be common courtesy to say something, anything, to the people who launched your initial YouTube career and gave you the views and confidence to start Gloom and supported you when you uploaded once a month sometimes because they believed in your quality as a creator. It's the polite thing to do... it shows you cared. And to be honest the pressure she puts on herself for CloudyApples videos having to be 'perfect' and telling herself people 'aren't interested in how she's doing' are all self-inflicted. Nobody told her that, in fact she's been told the contrary on both many times. Maybe it's part of her anxiety or her depression, which I do believe she suffers from, but part of dealing with that is learning to tell the difference between what's real and what you are just perpetuating to stay in your comfort zone. And I think she's just thinking those things because it's comfortable. But hey. Who am I.

I don't think she felt the sort of connection with her viewers at all that she claimed, and without wanting to sound like an entitled fan, maybe she does owe something since that is how she portrayed herself before. If she's misrepresenting herself on gloomgames then maybe she was on Cloudyapples all the time as well just more subtley. Keep in mind, she's gone from 0 to almost 800k subs with a completely different fanbase in less than 2 years. That suggests to me she is very cunning and sophisticated, rather than some emotional wreck as people like her often put on. I have no doubt she could put out three good CloudyApples a week if she really wanted to. She said she wasn't going to leave Cloudyapples "or anything of the sort", and like 3 months and 3 videos later she was completely gone, almost comical.

Hi mononoke1. Unfortunately the videos she did with her sister were a bit before I came, sorry. As mentioned she talks about her sister a bit in "Healthier Hair Routine: Ombré + Hair Care", not very much though, but I think it was only a handful of videos overall. You can download what I have... it's not much but the three videos are good. It felt a bit weird to think I was possibly the only person who could still view them. I will pm you about what I was talking about in the comments.

I thought I had a few others like another What I Ate Today where she is in the pink hat but turns out I don't, I lost interest a little bit anyway but it's just frustrating when you can't view something you want to. I figure I may as well just post them on a google drive link because as she says herself in her 6 Personal Facts video: "You can't delete your past on the internet and that's beautiful. We can just immortalize our embarrassing experiences, how about that"... except there wasn't anything embarrassing. She won't give a toss. If anything it's selfish of her not to restrict them from her fans who value them.

Lots of people used to complain about her putting videos on private, it's the first thing about her that I saw that I thought was a bit mean. I remember seeing a comment from a girl about how she used to come home from school every day and loved to watch those videos and laugh and could she please watch them again. This was back when she had like 25k subscribers, the comments section weren't crazy then like they are now. Back then she would answer almost every comment - even if you posted them on months old videos you could be almost sure she would answer it - but she never acknowledged people asking about privated videos. What happened to making a difference in that one person as she says in her very first current video? And it wasn't just the ones her sister which would be understandable, she was privating tons of videos that had NOTHING to do with her sister that other people really enjoyed. They meant something to someone, and sometimes quite a lot.

It's a good thing other youtubers don't delete videos and it's considered VERY shady, even Superwoman's latest ill-fated video won't be deleted. Especially in a lifestyle channel, just deleting any mistaken things you said in the past? (that's not what she did but it's the principle). What about the people following a skincare advice and just need clarification on something she said before? Just leave it up, even if it makes you look bad, even if it's subpar quality. It's also arrogant to tell another person they shouldn't be entertained or like something and not let them watch it, even if you are the creator.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

What I Ate Today - Student Edition - I have no idea why she privated this, it's so good, both style and substance. On Twitter a few months ago I remember her saying something about how she can't make a healthy smoothie that tastes good, and it annoyed me to no end... because here she was years earlier on a vastly smaller budget proving to others how green smoothies can taste great and inspiring them. Giving us the recipe for it, talking about how much she likes healthy food, all the detail about mercury and so on. With all the classes she was taking and how good she was at them she could have become a research scientist or something and used the internet to spread a good positive message.

I get that GloomGames can be enjoyable and respect that. But it's how she does it exclusively and her different character - she knows it's less cool and relatable, therefore less commercial, to spread a good message and help people eat well and be healthy and be smart and plan. So she'll pretend to be this bumbling happy-go-lucky silly kid Kassie with all sorts of faults and failings she laughs at. She eats bad food and jokes about it sometimes because it's cooler. For skincare now you see her making posts like she hopes the acne gods don't target her, not exactly scientific. Her twitter bio now reads "sum dum kid" or something I can't even read.... this is not really her.

What's in my Fridge - Amazing, no idea why she privated it. I love her makeup and clothing and it almost feels to me like I'm in the video and she is really showing me her fridge. The music in the background is actually composed by her or possibly Terry as with all her early videos.

My Organic Skincare Routine - So beautiful. I like how she's casual and she looks a bit lazy/tired, it's like she's just hanging out with a friend but also quality. How ironic that nowadays she's badmouthing her old self when her old self was better and more a real person.

Morning Routine - Day off - The transcript of a really long video. I usually hate Morning Routine videos, but in this one she was in different locations and lots of interesting details. Also at the end when in the garden all of a sudden she makes a really sexy passionate motion in front of the toothbrush as if it's something else (censored) and you would think that would look dumb but it looks amazing. Then she looks back super fast in the neighbour's direction pretending to check if he caught her doing that with with the toothbrush, and then goes back to it. The lazy way she spits out the toothpaste at the end also looks like something else uhh.... and she ends the video there. It's very funny and very good and I never really saw anything like it, I definitely wasn't done watching that and hated that she deleted it and I will never see it again.

The Overcoming Social Anxiety is just a textfile of what I remember and some info on it. Again no idea why she took this down, it was obviously helping some people. Maybe it was how she said she and her friends were "a horrible bunch of people together" that she didn't want to insult them. Even if she deleted it, I thought there was some value in it, upset she deleted it.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

There is so much she could talk about that would be SO in the style of CloudyApples for which she wouldn't even have to think twice - things she's already said. She made that one video where she and Terry went to the lake to play in the rain where she says "lately I haven't been leaving the house unless the circumstances are perfect" etc - how about "I've been pushing myself to perfection so much for this channel that I've completely debilitated myself, setting the bar just high enough to not have to try anything". Would fit perfectly onto the channel. Just a 5 minute video about that with some images of her life; whether that's sitting at the computer, walking through LA... a video about life in LA. I mean, she EMIGRATED since she stopped uploading on CloudyApples, she could talk about that. You can't tell me there aren't things in that subject that she could think of.

I think she really overestimates the content on CloudyApples too in terms of consistency... she seems to think every video was/should be like "I Almost Drowned" or "My Day In A Minute" - which are very beautifully edited... but not nearly all videos are like that. She does NOT need divine inspiration to continue what she's started. Plenty of those videos are recipes, DIYs, vlogs and routine videos. The truth is she just doesn't want to.

Also realized as I was scrolling through the CloudyApples videos just how much she's privated. I really don't get that. You're not just going to vanish, you're going to take some videos with you? And they are not even deeply personal or embarrassing ones. I don't get it.

But I mostly really feel offended because she said she didn't think CloudyApples fans wanted to see her just talking, because they probably care more about the content then about her. Okay, maybe that's YOU Kassie...

The first 30 seconds she goes on and on about how much she trusts her CloudyApples audience with personal things :roll:

[youtube][/youtube]

Like was that all just a sales pitch, Kassie?

But I guess it's easier to tell a herd of 12 year olds "OMG NOBODY REALLY CARES ABOUT ME I'M SURE!" so you can just pat yourself on the back in your echo chamber of "OMG KASSIE YOU ARE PERFECT DON'T SAY THAT!" instead of just saying "I've just not been motivated".

mononoke1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mononoke1 »

OMG RaniaIsAwesome you are really awesome thank you so much. I know what are you talking about. Kassie was a special case. It will be awesome if anyone else here have any of her deleted videos so we can all share them here.
By the way I'm new here so I can't pm people yet. However thank you for your message :)
I don't have any of her videos , but I found some on the internet that you maybe already knew about , but I 'll link them anyway because I don't know how else I can thank you <3
https://tune.pk/video/3593345/my-hair-care-routine
https://tune.pk/video/3875552/why-your- ... 7t-working
both All About My Hair Change! and "Modest" Swimwear Look Book are on Dailymotion.
Transcript of emotional eating
http://cantstopeating.net/more-info/emotional-eating/
and here is a little something that you also may knew about-an interview at Buffer festival-
http://localwolves.com/stories/pinpoint ... -festival/
finally she said in yet another deleted video (is social media is fake?) that she will unplug whenever she is unhappy with what she is dong, or something like that, hopefully she will regain interest and come back. anyways I just wish her best of luck <3

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

mononoke1 wrote:OMG RaniaIsAwesome you are really awesome thank you so much.
No problem. <3 I like talking about all of this. I never really had anyone to talk to about Cloudyapples while it was still active. This site is really great to exchange information and give opinions on youtubers and other gurus, especially if something is going on like a youtuber isn't being totally straight or fair with viewers.

I wanted to be supportive of Gloomgames at first because I trusted in Kassie's judgement. I thought maybe even GloomGames could provide a strong financial stream to her, so then she wouldn't have to be worried at all about making money on CloudyApples, allowing her to do exactly as she pleases on Cloudyapples without being really conflicted. Then Gloomgames really exploded and started making huge amounts of money, one girl made a video about how much does CloudyApples make and it's even a LOT greater now, of course you can also check socialblade. If you remember back to that "beauty in the mundane" girl talking about how most 'for most people it's not going to be a glamorous life and it's not going to be disneyworld every day, but it's okay to dream.' I was so happy for that girl and I still am, it's just I don't think she's the same person now, I suspect the money ruined her.

I assumed she would be coming back at some point, especially since she directly stated she would. I've seen people with amazing blogs quit for months or years and come back. Even though I'd miss them, I thought maybe they just ran out of things to write about or were really busy and often they resurfaced again. However I have to agree with the other posters here, it may well be the end of CloudyApples. She's even referring to it in the past tense now. Also it's her behaviour and attitude and everything now, she's so different and not the same person anymore, and it's annoying to me. I think the downfall probably started even before the end of CloudyApples, when she started to meet other youtubers. And I've kind of lost a lot of faith in her, we had to take her on her word on a lot of things.
mononoke1 wrote:I know what are you talking about. Kassie was a special case. It will be awesome if anyone else here have any of her deleted videos so we can all share them here.
yeah I'd really like to see them as well. When I first came here Daylight Amy was talking about a video where she was talking about dropping out of university and pursuing youtube as a career, which really surprised me because I had no idea about that and don't know how I missed it, it must have been taken down pretty quickly. I also didn't think Kassie was the dropping out of school type, so sorry for doubting Daylight Amy at first but it seemed strange to me and then I believed it. I'd have really LOVED to have seen that video.
mononoke1 wrote:By the way I'm new here so I can't pm people yet. However thank you for your message :)
I don't have any of her videos , but I found some on the internet that you maybe already knew about , but I 'll link them anyway because I don't know how else I can thank you <3
https://tune.pk/video/3593345/my-hair-care-routine
https://tune.pk/video/3875552/why-your- ... 7t-working
both All About My Hair Change! and "Modest" Swimwear Look Book are on Dailymotion.
Transcript of emotional eating
http://cantstopeating.net/more-info/emotional-eating/
and here is a little something that you also may knew about-an interview at Buffer festival-
http://localwolves.com/stories/pinpoint ... -festival/
finally she said in yet another deleted video (is social media is fake?) that she will unplug whenever she is unhappy with what she is dong, or something like that, hopefully she will regain interest and come back. anyways I just wish her best of luck <3
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen the "My hair care routine" video. Thanks, I really appreciate that! She has so many good ones. If you really like a video she has up now, obviously it's probably a good idea to download it in case she takes it off. In the long term you never know what she might do, maybe delete the whole channel even since it's a bit contradictory to her current potrayed character. From that interview: "I feel like improvising every day through gaming commentary will only help my content on CloudyApples even more so".... :roll:

Kassie was definitely special, but I feel like she can't just do all the wrong things indefinitely and still be that special you know? There are other good people working hard every day to make the world a better place. Her use of the past tense for the channel is kind of ominious. She could even have cross-posted it to her CloudyApples channel, I don't see why not... I'm sure it's a lot more relevant to those people, at least at first? Why did she say "sowwie" to them and not to her CloudyApples audience?

My guess is that she will continue to do the same thing on Gloom, appealing to kids and depending on what she thinks will get more viewers will change around the content.

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

i loooove kassie's old videos and her Draw My Life video made me cry. i watched it multiple times because it was so raw and deep and honest.

but did anyone notice that she got a nose job? her nose looks way different from her older videos to her gloom videos. also she heavily uses that blurring filter on her skin. e_e; which is weird since she was the type to be like love yourself, love your skin, be organic, be natural, use safer products, less chemicals type of girl.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

She has now gone to the extent of actually reposting Cloudy Apples content on GloomGames.

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm sure I'm just bitter but I just see that as recycling content. It was already online. She could have made a new video about it and linked to the old video on CloudyApples if she cared about helping out her current demographic. But who am I.

Also not sure what's been going on with her face but something is different...

I also feel like there's a pretty extensive amount of queerbaiting on her channel... lots of references to her being with girls or photoshopped thumbnails of her with girls.

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

i think she got a nose job

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

If she did it has to be super recent with swelling because her nose looks the same to me :| it's more her eyes and cheekbones that look weird to me. Maybe eyebrows as well.

I was just scrolling through her old CloudyApples videos (she's privated SO MANY videos on there, there's barely anything left compared to what there was) and realized that to her credit she was doing "Morning Routine" and "lifestyle" videos before it became cool... if she'd done it like a couple of years later she would have taken off so much quicker with that particular channel. Now there's hundreds of those types of channels (and a lot of them feel less genuine than CloudyApples did at the time) and a lot of them are well into the million plus subscriber count. She would have stood out a lot between them all, though, because she wasn't minimalist and all pastels/whites, which is the overall aesthetic of that YouTube genre.

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

DaylightAmy wrote:She has now gone to the extent of actually reposting Cloudy Apples content on GloomGames.

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm sure I'm just bitter but I just see that as recycling content. It was already online. She could have made a new video about it and linked to the old video on CloudyApples if she cared about helping out her current demographic. But who am I.
I don't think that's bitter at all, that's perfectly understandable. It was supposed to be a video for a particular time and audience. It makes me wonder what would happen if small channels from 5-10 years ago deleted their channels and just started reposting their old content on a new channel again. The youtube algorithm would be promoting it, people would start subscribing and watching because they thought it was new. They could start making thousands of dollars from it again. There's a clear lack of logic somewhere in how it all works. She also snubbed her old fans multiple times, she couldn't care less.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but again what's the point of "Gloom"? Gloom is a stupid name! Stupid. CloudyApples was a fine name. Apart from how Gloom is a pessimistic word, it's also only one word while CloudyApples is two, so "Gloom" is more awkward and literal. CloudyApples had the "double entendre" thing going, and it was optimistic. Why on earth she didn't just call her new channel CloudyApples Gaming is beyond me.

The video is also so serious, it seems at odds with her over-the-top goofy persona. I don't like or trust people/youtubers who intentionally act very differently to how they actually are.
DaylightAmy wrote:I was just scrolling through her old CloudyApples videos (she's privated SO MANY videos on there, there's barely anything left compared to what there was) and realized that to her credit she was doing "Morning Routine" and "lifestyle" videos before it became cool... if she'd done it like a couple of years later she would have taken off so much quicker with that particular channel. Now there's hundreds of those types of channels (and a lot of them feel less genuine than CloudyApples did at the time) and a lot of them are well into the million plus subscriber count. She would have stood out a lot between them all, though, because she wasn't minimalist and all pastels/whites, which is the overall aesthetic of that YouTube genre.
Obviously she started GloomGames because she was jumping on the bandwagon at that time. Now that has fallen on the way side and as you say her old type of channel is being promoted. If she really believed all that stuff she was saying in CloudyApples, she should have waited it out, not just jumped on the latest fad, and probably have way more than 1 million subscribers on it at this stage. Now she is effectively stuck in Gloomgames, she can't easily come back to CloudyApples. She should have listened to some of her own advice, which would be to continue do what you like doing, do what helps others, be yourself and not a put-on character, so on. There is only so much you can put on a character without partly becoming that character, because you programmed yourself to do it. She has wasted so much time away from doing CloudyApples and thinking in that way now. That video "teens texting their crushes fail" seems emblematic to me of what she does now, just so wrapped up in the mindset of being a teenage girl, it's such a waste.

Another thing I don't understand is that she doesn't upload every day. All of the top youtubers upload every day, for some reason it works. I don't know why she isn't. Maybe that what works for the most popular in the world doesn't work for people less popular, I don't know, it just seems odd. I doubt she is going to get much bigger, I'd have thought she would be trying to grab as much cash as she can before it starts going downhill. Meanwhile her Cloudyapples audience would have matured with her. It's okay to make mistakes but I feel like these actions betray some of her true feelings and motives.

Did you see that video where she literally had to explain to her audience, they are so young, that her videos about the puppet calling the cops or her selling her dog or mailing herself in a small box were parodies and not real? lol, I'm laughing but I find it sad, she seemed genuinely peeved off by it, she doesn't seem happy despite her bank account probably being fairly large now. A large proportion of her audience is so disconnected from her, it can't be fulfilling to have an audience that knows so little compared to one with so many respectable adults. And she can't even make little skits. Well, this is what she chose. I hope she doesn't end up doing something stupid like her sister as entertainers seem particularly susceptible to depression and sometimes things like that run in families. I'm sure she won't just saying I hope not.

Return to “#-E”