NAKED Palettes - Are they worth the hype?

MissSparks
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NAKED Palettes - Are they worth the hype?

Post by MissSparks »

I love Naked 1 & 2. I'm going to repurchase the Naked 2 because I see myself reaching for that the most, and I'm hitting pan on most of the shadows. My Naked 1 broke when my puppy got into my makeup, so I may repurchase that as well. <3

MsMegan91
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MsMegan91 »

I have Naked 3 and Naked Basics, they're great palettes and the eyeshadows are great quality but I prefer the Vice 4 !

novkat
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by novkat »

The Naked palettes were my first high end palettes too so I thought that it was amazing quality but now that my collection has grown a lot I find them very chalky

pinkerthan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by pinkerthan »

it absolutely is. i just bought it and its really the only palette i use! :love2:

ManagingTheMayhem
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ManagingTheMayhem »

I bought the Naked 1 first about 6 months ago, and being new to makeup, it was all I owned, but then I got the Naked 3, which I like better. I also got the Naked to go, which I <3 LOVE <3 . It is everything I need in my purse, in a case, for whenever I just leave the house real quick to go to the store, or if I am out doing boring things and remember I have to go in somewhere. Love that thing. Definitely worth the cost in my opinion. not as pigmented as some of the newer shadows I have seen, but again, i am new, so I love them and they work for me.
One day I will feel as pretty as my kids think I am. <3

Post by Guest »

i only have the naked 1 palette and truthfully i'm not too crazy about it. i definitely like some of the colours and i probably wouldn't repurchase it. i don't wear eyeshadow too often (i have super oily lids and no base seems to help so i generally steer clear). i think i'd just be better off buying the individual colours of ones i genuinely love (like half baked or toasted) and just putting them in a z-palette.

i wish that would they eventually come out with one that's customizable, even if it's only available online. some colours i just never wear and can't see myself ever wearing.

Yasha
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Yasha »

They're worth it in my opinion, but I wouldn't recommend buying all of them, My favourites are Naked 2, Naked 3 and Basics1. The quality of Urban Decay's eyeshadows is amazing!

champagneblonde
Learner
Learner

Post by champagneblonde »

I love mine!

I have the Naked 1, Naked 2 and the Naked Smoky. I love them all equally.

krakenz
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by krakenz »

I use my naked 1 and naked basics 1 everyday. I love them because I neutrals are really the only colours that suit me.

Smh
Learner
Learner

Post by Smh »

Sorry guys, I don't know where to ask this question. I received a naked palette 2 christmas' ago and haven't used it because i noticed immediately that it looked much different than my first one. I received this palette as a gift because the person saw I hit pan on my old one. Now my old one is REALLY old and I purchased it when it first came out, so of course its discolored on the outside and worn out, and may even potentially look different than the more recent ones, but i assure you it is real and i purchased from sephora. but this one i received as a gift just looks...off. I never wanted to be rude or ungrateful so I never asked the person. I have a big fear of using fake products made in china because i have no idea what toxins or chemicals it could contain. I have pics of my old one and new one side by side, the main thing bugging me about the gifted one is the back of it. I haven't seen any real palettes online with the printing looking like this one. For instance it has a Registered sign instead of a TM sign on the back where it says "beauty with an edge"...the words and lines aren't identical to other real ones i've seen, and it is SLIGHTLY longer than the original palette. Oh, and the eyeshadows are somewhat uneven and have excess on the edges of the pan if that makes sense. Let me know your thoughts guys, I feel bad not using it, but its been bugging me for so long!

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

Hmm. I can say the R instead of the TM mine has. Mine is for sure legit so that seems to be a change UD made since your first one. My UD name is on the left side instead of the right under NAKED on the front but that is also something that changes on them. The inside gold NAKED is spot in with how the line in the A is on the crease. Also I wouldnt be worried about the size cause they changed just a slight bit over the years too. The only thing majorly different from mine to yours is the writing on the back. Mines just placed differently in the order of what it says. However after looking online at reviews and how to spot fake blogs as well with pictures that is also something common UD has done. For instance yours says shadow brush and crease brush where as mine just says brush. No biggie, UD just seemed to streamline the printing since yours was made. Keep in mind a lot of blogs and pictures are from much older palettes. I even seen one blog saying they got a fake one just cause the back was printed and not a sticker so with stuff like that you really need to dig to find legit reviews and pics even. I found this blog specifically with exactly the same order or words yours has. Link below. All that means is mine was the last batch produced from UD and yours was probably made right before it. I also wouldnt worry about the shadows themselves having the edges cause UD most recent palettes (I have over 10) have been coming out like that lately. Your brush also is spot on with the new ones. Honestly Id say you got yourself a real one there and I see no reason to think otherwise. Im a huge person against china counterfeits and knock offs and the dangers they pose but Id have no issues using yours in a second. Congrats.

https://beautychoccafe.wordpress.com/20 ... d-palette/

jadangel2001
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jadangel2001 »

I would say at least one is, depending on what you reach for the most. I personally love 3 for a quick grab, get it done fast look, knowing that they will blend easy and I can be done fast!

swell91
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by swell91 »

Naked 2 suits my fair complexion.

I used a competitor eye shadow and completely forgot about fall out dust from the eyeshadow!

That never happens with my Naked pallet. And its actually really good value!

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

I have the Naked 2 and I'm not really a fan. I've hit pan on the two matte shades (foxy and tease) and that's pretty much the two shades I use in this palette. Most colours don't look good on me (that bronze color called Chopper is the worst). I think they didn't do a good job arranging the shadows :roll:

bluel80
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bluel80 »

no

JosephineBeauharnais
Talker
Talker

Post by JosephineBeauharnais »

They're not. I checked out four of them at Selfridges, and I don't know if it was the lighting of the place or not, but they are just so glittery, shimmery? I don't necessarily hate glitter in makeup, but almost all the shades are just shimmery in those palettes, even in the smokey one. I didn't think one of them would be a palette I'd reach for almost everyday. I'd rather buy a couple seperate shimmery shadows instead. But if that's your thing and you have a couple other matte eyeshadows to match the glittery ones from the palettes, then either the first one or the smokey one may be worth a go.

depot
Learner
Learner

Post by depot »

the coulours of the first naked are too muddy in my opinion, yet i can reccomend the naked2

button_belly
Learner
Learner

Post by button_belly »

Which Naked Palette would you guys recommend for olive toned skin? Really want to get into eyeshadow but I'm not sure which one would suit me best.

Pastel_Space_Cadet
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Pastel_Space_Cadet »

I've never used any of the Naked Palettes before, but most of them seem like they have some similar shades.

Moccachocolatti
Informer
Informer

Post by Moccachocolatti »

I only have the urban decay naked Palette 2, my naked 1 Palette is a dupe made by makeup revolution. I have olive skin and both look very Nice on my eyes.

Return to “Urban Decay”