Bleaching My Hair?

alienrasta
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bleaching My Hair?

Post by alienrasta »

So, recently i've become bored with my hair, i've had it the same way for i'd say about 3+ years. Last year, i used temporary hair dye and dyed my hair black for about 2 months probably i don't really remember. But now I want to go on the opposite side of the spectrum and bleach my hair. Not fully, just closer to the roots and in a sort of gradient way, that way i don't have to touch up my roots since it'd just look ombre(?) My hair is on the thicker side, it's not suuupeeer thick but it's definitely not thin. It's also long, almost to my butt. I've never done something really risky to my hair so it's really silky and soft and healthy. Would bleaching my hair damage the texture, as in make it not silky anymore? Because i love how my hair feels and i wouldn't wanna ruin it. I know bleaching damages your hair, but ive seen people with bleached hair who have super silky hair. I wouldn't repetitively dye it, once it grows out i'd cut it. I just wanna experiment lol :P So how damaging do you think it'd be on my hair based on what ive told u? I know i may sound dumb acting as if my hair is magical and won't get damaged. I would ask my hairdresser but he'd probably say anything to get him $$$ so, i thought i'd ask GG. thanks in advance! :D

JosephineBeauharnais
Talker
Talker

Re: Bleaching My Hair?

Post by JosephineBeauharnais »

I had the tips of my hair bleached as highlights and they did feel a bit dry and crusty. It didn't look bad or unkept at all but I still used argan oil regularly and it smoothed the texture almost fully. Maybe you can even get a cream or mask for damaged hair and mix it with argan oil to double the effect. So I'd say go for it.

AnusPepper1
Learner
Learner

Re: Bleaching My Hair?

Post by AnusPepper1 »

Don't give me too much credit because I've never bleached my hair before, but I've been searching the web vigorously trying to get as much advice as possible to work up the courage to bleach my hair. What I've learned is that you should bleach your hair very gradually (which I'm sure your hair dresser will do if they're good), and be patient. During and after the process make sure you really keep your hair conditioned with oils and masks like the above poster said. If you go to a professional, and aren't bleaching it all the time, I think your hair will be fine. It might even seem silkier with all the masks and oils being put in it, but again, don't give me too much credit.
I'm new here. I've never been a member of a forum before, and I'm still learning my manners. :D

Return to “Hair Care”