• Advertisement

Tips for growing your hair?

Re: Tips for growing your hair?

Postby Ineed435 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:49 pm

This may sound like silly advice, but avoid cutting it. My hair is about hip length because of this reason. People get their hair trimmed too often when they don't need it. You can feel and see when your ends need to be trimmed and even then you may not need to cut even an inch off.
Ineed435
Wanderer
Wanderer

Advertisement

Postby Ineed435 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:52 pm

This may sound like silly advice, but avoid cutting it. My hair is about hip length because of this reason. People get their hair trimmed too often when they don't need it. You can feel and see when your ends need to be trimmed and even then you may not need to cut even an inch off. [*]
Ineed435
Wanderer
Wanderer

Postby BlueEyedBabe88 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:09 pm

These are great tips. I chopped my hair to my shoulders and right after that I got pregnant, and had morning sickness so bad I couldn't leave my bed for anything for the first 7 months. In that time frame I was so rired and sick I didnt have the energy to do my hair so I would take a shower wash it, wash myself throw my hair uo and return to bed. Fast forward after I had ky daughter, and she was about three months old I noticed I had the same habbit with my hair. Still didnt bother with it, absolutly no heat in about a year, no styling not even blow drying. One day I was like "Hey, I havent straightened my hair in FOREVER. Funny thing is I would have my mom brush my hair flat against my back and take off about 1/4 an inch and then thrownit back up in a bun, but anyway one day I decided to straighten it after it being up all night, I was shocked at how long it had gotten in that time frame. also.my hair is naturaly straight, but when I straightened it it was halfway down my back and grew about 14 inches from what it was when i chopped it off.
So basically, I think the KEY is no heat. Its so hard to do but its honestly the key to get your hair long I think.
Also, currently I am in the same situation. Hair is back to my shoulders because I was stupid enough to mess up all my hair I just grew out by bleaching it. What a big mistake. Had to cut it again. So here we are now. But im taking biotin gummy version only because dermetologist says the reason people brake from biotin is usually because they take the pills with the other chemicals in it, gummies are safer, been taking them a few weeks, no break outs.
I hope my hair grows faster now.
Also Im not doing any more permenant hair dying. Only semi dye so that way Im not using ammonia or peroxide in my hair.
I actiually was so desperate to grow my hair that I started doing that crazy "Monistat hair groeth challenge" and I will say it worked. My hair grew and inch in two weeks but I couldnt take the migranes I was getting from doing that. Sounds crazy but I was so desperate .. lol
I hope we can grow our hair ladies. Why cant it grow more than 1/5-1/2 an inch a month
BlueEyedBabe88
Learner
Learner

Postby melishadevnport » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:32 pm

I think you can eat a healthy diet. Eating a diet with rich protein and vital vitamins, minerals and also use castor oil, massage your scalp for healthy hair growth.

Essential oils
melishadevnport
Stalker
Stalker

Postby howdydoody » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Don't watch Shanice Slatter's videos on 'hair growth' :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
howdydoody
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby Justmyson » Wed May 17, 2017 12:56 am

Following
Justmyson
Lurker
Lurker

Postby Pastel Rage » Wed May 17, 2017 1:50 am

I've had lots of layers in my hair since forever, because it makes my hair look less flat and dull.
When I told my hairdresser I was trying to grow it longer, she said we should stop adding layers to it to help it grow faster and more evenly. It seems to have helped on my hair, so it might be worth considering if you have layers.
Pastel Rage
Gossiper
Gossiper

Postby alzain » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 am

My friend swears by "trimming" her ends with an electric shaver. She says her hair has never grown so fast!
alzain
Wanderer
Wanderer

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Hair Discussion
  • Advertisement