moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: iisuperwomanii

Post by moonlightpixie »

Mosie926 wrote:
IAmBea wrote:
drunkatvogue wrote:Jesus, how desperate is she to cling onto her younger demo? 'Skipping School Tests'? Girl, you left school ages ago, it's over. I'm cringing so hard.

She's a walking contradiction. She's circling her 30s, owns basically a palace, is making serious bank, and for some reason is an ambassador for world issues...and yet she still seems so frozen in time. Like she's afraid to grow up and actually discuss adult issues like an adult because she might lose her demo. The thing is, they're growing up, too. Everyone's got to evolve. But she's stuck.
As some fans grow up and out grow her dumb content, younger ones will find her ,
The older ones could still have a soft spot for her and maaaaybe watch some of her videos and that's how so many talentless youtubers are still relevant.
They just keep adding up.
I look at her viewing stats compared to Liza's and Liza gets way more views.
Who's copying who? liza or superwoman? :rofl:
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

amani
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by amani »

So, genuine question here. I've noticed that she's been posting more "sensual" (for the lack of a better word) photos of herself on instagram, which is quite the contrast to what she was posting a while ago. Is she trying to rebrand herself somehow? I've noticed this since the promos she's been doing for her book. All her promotional looks were a lot more grownup (though still quirky). She's always posted pictures of herself wearing makeup, nice clothes and all that, but as of recently I sense a change.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

moonlightpixie wrote:
Mosie926 wrote:
IAmBea wrote:
drunkatvogue wrote:Jesus, how desperate is she to cling onto her younger demo? 'Skipping School Tests'? Girl, you left school ages ago, it's over. I'm cringing so hard.

She's a walking contradiction. She's circling her 30s, owns basically a palace, is making serious bank, and for some reason is an ambassador for world issues...and yet she still seems so frozen in time. Like she's afraid to grow up and actually discuss adult issues like an adult because she might lose her demo. The thing is, they're growing up, too. Everyone's got to evolve. But she's stuck.
As some fans grow up and out grow her dumb content, younger ones will find her ,
The older ones could still have a soft spot for her and maaaaybe watch some of her videos and that's how so many talentless youtubers are still relevant.
They just keep adding up.
I look at her viewing stats compared to Liza's and Liza gets way more views.
Who's copying who? liza or superwoman? :rofl:
I saw Liza as Lilly lite, but to me Lilly is taking on a little of Liza's quirks. So they are copying each other.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

amani wrote:So, genuine question here. I've noticed that she's been posting more "sensual" (for the lack of a better word) photos of herself on instagram, which is quite the contrast to what she was posting a while ago. Is she trying to rebrand herself somehow? I've noticed this since the promos she's been doing for her book. All her promotional looks were a lot more grownup (though still quirky). She's always posted pictures of herself wearing makeup, nice clothes and all that, but as of recently I sense a change.
Totally agree, I think her team is ageing her up a bit. You can't be a almost 30 person dressing like a teenager from the 90s(damn I hate those overalls) going on movie/tv show auditions. Hollywood wouldn't be able to take her seriously.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

She said that last video was no shade, but she was using the same condescending ass voice she used in her "Geography For Racists" video. I didn't have issues with the second one and it's not like I enjoy beauty vloggers, but does she really think she's any better?

paper-roses
Learner
Learner

Post by paper-roses »

TaylorKnows wrote:She said that last video was no shade, but she was using the same condescending ass voice she used in her "Geography For Racists" video. I didn't have issues with the second one and it's not like I enjoy beauty vloggers, but does she really think she's any better?
I think that's just meant to be her parody/satire voice, although I find it annoying. And while I won't say that I think she looks down on beauty/DIY youtubers, I wouldn't put it past her either, as she probably thinks they don't have to "hustle" as much as she does to make her content.

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by liarliar_ »

I feel like she can't do humour geared towards young adults... her humour works best with young kids and teens but she's way too cheesy to be funny to most young adults. She can be really witty but even that doesn't help much. I think she was trying to make parodies in the same style that Jenna Marbles does (she made one about beauty gurus and a really funny one about asmr mixed with other trends) but Jenna's humour in those videos works well and she has a more diverse demographic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shyalaaa
Debater
Debater

Post by Shyalaaa »

Can't stand this woman and her NASTY ass attitude! She thinks she's god and that she's better than everyone else! Use to like her when she first started out but now she's just a bitch

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

liarliar_ wrote:I feel like she can't do humour geared towards young adults... her humour works best with young kids and teens but she's way too cheesy to be funny to most young adults. She can be really witty but even that doesn't help much. I think she was trying to make parodies in the same style that Jenna Marbles does (she made one about beauty gurus and a really funny one about asmr mixed with other trends) but Jenna's humour in those videos works well and she has a more diverse demographic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she could but 90% of her subscribers are 14 year olds just starting high school. lol
plus the only "adult" thing she jokes about is sex... she makes so many sexual innuendos in her vlogs

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

Is she no longer vegetarian? I saw on her Instagram story that she posted an In and Out burger.

Post by Guest »

paper-roses wrote:
TaylorKnows wrote:She said that last video was no shade, but she was using the same condescending ass voice she used in her "Geography For Racists" video. I didn't have issues with the second one and it's not like I enjoy beauty vloggers, but does she really think she's any better?
I think that's just meant to be her parody/satire voice, although I find it annoying. And while I won't say that I think she looks down on beauty/DIY youtubers, I wouldn't put it past her either, as she probably thinks they don't have to "hustle" as much as she does to make her content.

I so think that her video was just a copy of a video Christine from Nailogical did a few weeks before. I know there isn't a patent on video ideas it just seemed really similar. I'll link it here for people to judge for themselves: (Sidenote: I really enjoyed Christine's message at the end. It was a good tie in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqFAj6iTxz8

malone7384
Informer
Informer

Post by malone7384 »

I just have to say - as someone who works in HR - she is an HR nightmare waiting to happen with the way that she talks to and treats Kyle. There are so many things that she does that she thinks is funny but are actual major HR issues.

beautyineveryone
Informer
Informer

Post by beautyineveryone »

malone7384 wrote:I just have to say - as someone who works in HR - she is an HR nightmare waiting to happen with the way that she talks to and treats Kyle. There are so many things that she does that she thinks is funny but are actual major HR issues.
I don't watch her videos, do you mind specifying what she does that's an issue? I'm just curious lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

malone7384
Informer
Informer

Post by malone7384 »

beautyineveryone wrote:
malone7384 wrote:I just have to say - as someone who works in HR - she is an HR nightmare waiting to happen with the way that she talks to and treats Kyle. There are so many things that she does that she thinks is funny but are actual major HR issues.
I don't watch her videos, do you mind specifying what she does that's an issue? I'm just curious lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
The way that she talks to Kyle - she will call him names and tell him that he is fat (while laughing and thinking that it is funny). In her vlog today she was flashing her bra in his face and telling him to get back there and go straight and marry her right now. I just cringe with some of the things that she says to him in her vlogs.

Shyalaaa
Debater
Debater

Post by Shyalaaa »

Lilly has turned into an evil bitch! She is so fucking full of herself it's ridiculous! She needs to come back to Earth and humble her damn self because in years to come no one will want to work with her

malone7384
Informer
Informer

Post by malone7384 »

If you watch the facial expressions and body language of the people on her team - you can tell that they are getting tired of everything. Their expressions and body language read of someone who feels like they have to be there and they have to act all happy and laugh at everything that she is saying and doing.

drunkatvogue
Informer
Informer

Post by drunkatvogue »

malone7384 wrote:The way that she talks to Kyle - she will call him names and tell him that he is fat (while laughing and thinking that it is funny). In her vlog today she was flashing her bra in his face and telling him to get back there and go straight and marry her right now. I just cringe with some of the things that she says to him in her vlogs.
That is sexual harassment. Fuck that. But I guess in her mind, it's only bad if it happens to women.

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

drunkatvogue wrote:
malone7384 wrote:The way that she talks to Kyle - she will call him names and tell him that he is fat (while laughing and thinking that it is funny). In her vlog today she was flashing her bra in his face and telling him to get back there and go straight and marry her right now. I just cringe with some of the things that she says to him in her vlogs.
That is sexual harassment. Fuck that. But I guess in her mind, it's only bad if it happens to women.
Idk why but this just made me think of that fouseytube grill q&a that she did where she criticised every aspect of his life. I'm definitely not a fan of his but I know she would've torn him apart if he had done anything remotely similar to this to a girl on video. I don't understand how she can sit so high on her horse and lack so much self awareness?

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

I've hated on her in the past but I can't deny the fact that she has literally worked super hard to get where she is today unlike other youtubers who start drama & rely on companies to get things handed to them. She still doesn't get involved in petty drama. I used to say she's a celeb kiss ass but seeing how idiots like Jake Paul and drama channels are getting famous it's better to be a kiss ass praiser than to be a bitchy drama drenched YouTuber, I guess. She's taken a backseat because she's lived her golden years & now YouTube is like a boring job 9-5 & like a routine for her. Won't lie she was my absolute fav back in the day when she lived in Canada. Her videos were hilarious! LA somehow brings out the worst in people.

Shyalaaa
Debater
Debater

Post by Shyalaaa »

YouslessTube wrote:I've hated on her in the past but I can't deny the fact that she has literally worked super hard to get where she is today unlike other youtubers who start drama & rely on companies to get things handed to them. She still doesn't get involved in petty drama. I used to say she's a celeb kiss ass but seeing how idiots like Jake Paul and drama channels are getting famous it's better to be a kiss ass praiser than to be a bitchy drama drenched YouTuber, I guess. She's taken a backseat because she's lived her golden years & now YouTube is like a boring job 9-5 & like a routine for her. Won't lie she was my absolute fav back in the day when she lived in Canada. Her videos were hilarious! LA somehow brings out the worst in people.

I agree she was way down to earth, normal and spoke like a normal person and acted like a normal person when she was in Toronto. Now she's turned into a bitch who thinks she's god. Hate her attitude!

Return to “Lilly Singh”