Game grumps

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Game grumps

Post by kayuhsee »

Do we have any reason to believe Dan was dating someone recently?? I haven't watched any videos in months, but someone mentioned it on the main subreddit page Dan was probably going through a breakup. I know Dan is private about that stuff, but the way the original comment just said it like nbd threw me off.

stayseekimiko
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by stayseekimiko »

kayuhsee wrote:Do we have any reason to believe Dan was dating someone recently?? I haven't watched any videos in months, but someone mentioned it on the main subreddit page Dan was probably going through a breakup. I know Dan is private about that stuff, but the way the original comment just said it like nbd threw me off.
I have no idea if it's a break up but I have noticed he has been a lot more negative in the last few episodes. It could be the game play because he doesn't seem happy at all to be playing "A Link Between Worlds" or something else.. but whatever it is, I hope he gets through it! I don't like sad Dan, we need happy widdle baby Dan <3 :D

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

Well, in the main subreddit there is a guy who submitted a picture of him and his mate, with Dan. In a field of corn in Grand Rapids or something? (please bear with me here :lol: ) and the dude said that he was with a woman who took the actual picture.

You'll have to scroll down below the threshold because the comments are hidden, but someone asked who she was and they were like "oh she's a cute redhead" and they mentioned how he referred to her as "my girl". Now, as someone else said, Dan is a bit old fashioned so he could be saying it casually (it'll make sense if you read the comment thread), but maybe it's to do with that, although seeing as they record episodes from before, we can't actually tell when these episodes were made and how long ago he felt down in the dumps. It could also be a health issue as he's mentioned a couple times that he has some non-serious problems he needs to take care of. :geek:
:HK:

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

usurpadora wrote:Well, in the main subreddit there is a guy who submitted a picture of him and his mate, with Dan. In a field of corn in Grand Rapids or something? (please bear with me here :lol: ) and the dude said that he was with a woman who took the actual picture.

You'll have to scroll down below the threshold because the comments are hidden, but someone asked who she was and they were like "oh she's a cute redhead" and they mentioned how he referred to her as "my girl". Now, as someone else said, Dan is a bit old fashioned so he could be saying it casually (it'll make sense if you read the comment thread), but maybe it's to do with that, although seeing as they record episodes from before, we can't actually tell when these episodes were made and how long ago he felt down in the dumps. It could also be a health issue as he's mentioned a couple times that he has some non-serious problems he needs to take care of. :geek:
Oh yeah I always seem to forget how pre-recorded the episodes are. Then it sounds like it's probably either health or just over working himself. Interesting to see Dan probably has a girlfriend though!

stayseekimiko
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by stayseekimiko »

usurpadora wrote:Well, in the main subreddit there is a guy who submitted a picture of him and his mate, with Dan. In a field of corn in Grand Rapids or something? (please bear with me here :lol: ) and the dude said that he was with a woman who took the actual picture.

Innteresting! And true, we don't know when the episodes are recorded. The ones airing now could be when he was going through a break up or physical/emotional/health issues? And maybe now he has a new girl, since that reddit pic was only 4 days ago. Ooh and a cute red head :tu: Good for him! ...but why is he in Grand Rapids?! I read that it was a tour but that is so random! Haha!

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

This was all probably recorded before Arin left for Japan? I'm not actually sure! I don't know much/anything about Dan's relationships other than what he mentions, and some rude randomers on the rantgrumps subreddit who imply he groupies with the younger fans. But they never get a reaction so it's just them being meanies.

I think he's been working himself a lot recently. He mentioned it in part 73 of Super Mario Galaxy. He was just retrospecting on how tired you can get without realising it and suddenly you're just exhausted. I hope it's just fatigue and nothing serious.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

How much do you think they paid Chris Pratt for tweeting about them :lol:

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

Considering LoeyLane replied/tweeted about it, all of the grumps tweeted and replied, and basically the internet blew up, I'd say lots. :lol:

Or they probably had fans that spammed him/someone he knows also watches GG. I think it's cool regardless, being recognised by Chris. :D

Ofc Suzy tweeted that he should come anytime to record with them. :lol: Ross just said thanks for recognising them and tweeting about it (what a difference in character eh ;) )

I'm watching the Pokemon Academy playlist and dying. :rofl: It's a really good playthrough, that one. Also it seems a lot of folk are iffy with Barry's sense of humour but I find his deadpan in a cool way, maybe it's just the British in me. :lol:

mameha
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mameha »

usurpadora wrote: Ofc Suzy tweeted that he should come anytime to record with them. :lol:
:roll: Of course her ego went up another notch.

Note that he said the dudes over at game grumps......sorry Suz.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

Could you IMAGINE the level of name dropping she would do. Like we think it's bad with just Mark or Arin, but if she got to meet Chris Prat?? It would be off the charts :lol:

usurpadora
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by usurpadora »

Her videos would just be titled "CHRIS PRATT" and no other context :lol:

In fact she wouldn't even be in the video, just Chris unboxing birchbox and Loot Crate. :lol: Then speaking of all the products he "totally recommends" :P

Post by Guest »

Anyone else excited about Danny Sexbang going to Indypopcon? Because it's gonna rock!!

Guess who typed this on her cell phone?

platinumrose
Debater
Debater

Post by platinumrose »

Thought their Sonic Adventure DX and Wind Waker playthroughs were really funny

acrostice
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by acrostice »

Who else loved the April Fools this year? So funny!

Chickymicmac
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Chickymicmac »

:o

GoP1kachuGo
Talker
Talker

Post by GoP1kachuGo »

Thoughts on Dream Daddy? It seems to be quite funny from the game play I've seen.

I don't even know if this is the right thread because it's so dead O.o

Isa
Learner
Learner

Post by Isa »

I love Dream Daddy, but I hate that Grumps (especially Suzy, predictably) provided voices for it. I wish it didn't have any obvious link to them at all. I know that's not how this shit works but fuck em.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

GoP1kachuGo wrote:Thoughts on Dream Daddy? It seems to be quite funny from the game play I've seen.
I really like it tbh. Like besides Vernon, who isn't really a grump(right?), the GG team had little involvement on the actual game. Which I think is why I like it cause it was made for the LGBT community by people who i.d. as LGBT. I'm not familiar with dating sims, but I thought the plot was really good. Both the Amanda one, and the most of the dads' plot lines(especially Robert's) are good solid plots imo.

Vergie
Talker
Talker

Post by Vergie »

The trailer for their youtube red show came out. I like the grumps but it just doesn't seem interesting at all. Also they seem to be pretty crappy actors. :roll:
Sorry, English is not my first language.

RenegadeRobin
Informer
Informer

Post by RenegadeRobin »

(sweet! i didnt know there was a GG forum!)

Ive never used YT Red and i thought most of the shows they provide were kinda not my thing. But because its Game Grumps, I really think I might end up trying it out! But idk how YTR works so I decided to wait until all the episodes of GoodGame was out so if i pay for it (or use that free trial) i can just binge it all.

And yeah, I can see why people would like GG voicing for the Dream Daddy game, but I believe thats all they did for it? The voices are well done except funny enough, the two voices I think are the most unfitting for their characters are Joseph and Robert (Arin and Dan). Idk they just.....when they talked you werent hearing a new character, you were hearing....just....Arin and Dan. (also Suzy's voice for Val is very quiet, I hope they fixed that)

Thoughts on the actual creators of the game making a sequel or a spinoff or another game in general? People kept pining and asking for dlc of DD.

Return to “A-M”